Start by marking “Push and Pull (Vampire Favors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Push and Pull (Vampire Favors, #1)

Push and Pull

(Vampire Favors #1)

Seven years ago, Addison Fitzpatrick found herself in a bit of a bind. In true Addison-fashion, she'd angered a drug dealer; she may have “forgotten” to pay him. Just when it was time to pay the piper, she was offered a way out by an unlikely being. Cannon Blackwood, master of vampires, made her an offer she couldn't refuse. Now, Addison owes Cannon three favors.
Seven yea
Published April 2nd 2015 by Cyr House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Push and Pull, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Push and Pull

Bunnycore
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Full review here

Addi, Lachlan, and Cannon are some of my favorite characters, as a matter of fact, I feel that St.Cyr writes her characters flawlessly, I have not read one that I didn’t enjoy in some way shape or form.

I don’t know how long she is going to continue this series, but I hope it lasts for a while. She does one fantastic job with her world building. Her character growth through the book is on point.

*****

Addison is a pusher, you maybe asking yourself what that is? Well a pusher is som
M A R I G O L D
Aug 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Good enjoyable read. It was engaging and I wanted to see what happened next. Give it a whirl.
Heather Soligo
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Addison had a rough start in life. She was used and abused at such a young age it broke my heart. Due to her horrific circumstances she made a deal with the devil...aka Cannon the old as dirt jerk of a vampire....and w
Jeanny
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m not a fan of the h or H in this series. The story was incredibly “basic” in its execution. Even with that attempt at reeling me in with the major tease in the epilogue I found i didn’t care. Will not be following this series. I found it a difficult story to get into but it seems I’m in the minority. 2.5 stars
Kelly Goode
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I started this last summer and for some reason didn't connect with the main character, so stopped reading it. Picked it up again this week, and I am so glad I gave it another chance. As soon as Lachlan appeared on the scene, the story got better and better. If you like sexy vampire mystery novels then stick with this one as it really "pulls" you in.
Kathryn
It's been awhile since I've read a "different" type of vampire story. Not that the vampires are different. They are still everything you know. But Emily Cyr has "entered" in a new type of paranormal called a Pusher. These are humans with special powers.

Addison is trapped in a debt with a Master Vampire and he's come to collect. Unfortunately he's brought along his brother too. And, oh my, can I have him? He's a typical vampire too, all arrogant and up in Addison's face, but he wants her and he'
Andrea Heltsley
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-read
What can I say? I always love a good vampire romance. This book had all the right elements. I'm totally digging the love triangle between the MC and the two vampires. Also, I like that the MC isn't perfect. She's flawed and was successfully getting herself back on track. There was mystery, intrigue, romance and quite a few twists. Highly recommend for those paranormal romance lovers with an interest in vampires. Can't wait to see what happens next! I need more!
Renee
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I loved the main character Addison!! I enjoyed the author's take on vampires and her plot. This was a real page turner.
Jennifer Treviño
My first experience with this author & boy was it eventful!
Not my usual type of read, & I wasn't sure exactly what to expect as I'd read through many varying reviews. My personal opinion is this title is spot on! Sure it is a bit slow going in a few places, but the addictive pull of everything in between keeps those pages flying until there are none left.

This is definitely an adult read & not for the squeamish as we venture into some very unpleasant situations on the main character'
Amy
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn't ready for this to end. And now I want book #2....like now.

This is a fast paced book, with Addison being torn between Cannon and his bro, Lachlan. Who is the less of 2 evils, it's hard to tell.

Addison had a troubled past that finally caught up with her. But instead of hurting her, she is given an offer she can't refuse. (See what I did there?!) A Master Vampire, Cannon spared her life, in exchange for 3 favors. They could be anything and anywhere. But first she needs to come clean and s
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I'm a huge paranormal romance lover. It's always great when I find a new writer that builds a world that is fresh and original. This book delivered on drawing me into this world and hooking me. The idea of a Pusher...a human that has abilities they are born with was a great touch.
NancyMagaly
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! If you don't mind cursing, steamy sex scenes, paranormal romance and vampires, then this a phenomenal read. At first you think Addison is some pathetic, slip of a girl and wonder why so many men are into her. Then you learn she has some kickass power and is a pusher (humans with special abilities like running super fast, super human strength, or telekinetic powers). Since she owes Cannon for "saving" her, she is at his beck and call for 5 favors. Her first to help eliminate a super power dr ...more
Kristine Plum
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super fun read!

I love stories where a kick-ass female overcomes all of the crap life has thrown at her, for the most part ;) The creation of Pushers is intriguing, like x-men. The relationships are real and full of passion, both good and bad. I can’t wait to read the next book!!
Lauren
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5-3? ?
Kim Bishop
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Addison Fitzpatrick is a pusher, she has super human abilities of speed and telekinesis, and she's a mess. Caught in the middle of a drug addiction, and owing her supplier a ton of money, she is rescued by the most unlikely person or should I say thing. Her unique strengths is the only thing that can save or her kill her.

The world that Addison lives in has for sure a pretty interesting one. The public is aware of people they call “pushers”, each one possessing different abilities. They also know
Kai
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Push and Pull is a very interesting story. Seven years ago, Addison Fitzpatrick is a drug addict. After not paying a particular drug dealer, Addison found herself in a bind. When Cannon Blackwood, a master vampire made her an offer that he will paid off her debt to the drug dealer, Addison will owes him three favors at a later date. For self-preservation, Addison took the deal.

Now in the present, Addison has gotten her life together. She is a martial art instructor and she is cleaned. The only t
Vettech
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read for this author and what a pleasure it was to read. I'm a major paranormal romance fan....though this book could also go under the paranormal suspense genre as well. I REALLY loved this story. Ms. Cyr has created a new twist to add to her vampire tale in this exciting romantic suspense.

Blackwood brothers Cannon & Lachlan are both different, save one thing....they are both vampires. Cannon being Master of all Vampires and despite him being totally hot and sexy
Teresa
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book. The book involves, drugs, vampires and a humans with super powers called Pushers.
Addison is a drug addicted pusher. Her super power is super speed. She is in deep with her dealer at the beginning of the book. A vampire named Canon in a way buys her from her dealer in exchange for not only cleaning herself up but she also owes him 3 favors. He will not tell her what the favors are or when he will collect. So basically she is at his beck and call until he is ready to cash in.
Ad
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Push and Pull is the first book in the Vampire Favors series by Emily Cyr. The narrator on the audiobook did a wonderful job. She added the emotion necessary, the voice inflections were spot on, and she even did a sound effect or two when a character snorted or something like that. It wasn't over acted. It was just right.

The story was pretty darn good too. I sympathized with Addison from the beginning. She's done dumb things, and she owns up to it. The vampire
Jeanie Jackson
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: para-fan-uf, romance
Outstanding, Awesome, and I liked it. The concept that the main character had been a drug addict put me off a bit even though I knew that it was a part of her past, but I was anxious about how it would affect her present. That experience, like every part of her past, has made her the woman of strength that she is today. In this urban fantasy Addison's transformations starts where many do, at the lowest point of her life. Now her life is going well except that hanging over her is a debt she owes ...more
Nicole Dunton
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are certain books that just kind of jump out at you when you see them. Sometimes, there are certain sets of books that do that. This is one of those for me. I ambled upon this author and all of her amazingly covered books at a book signing. I knew in my gut that I just had to have these books. At first, I was just going to buy one. I decided to buy them all anyways. I'm so glad I did. I was pulled into this book from the very beginning. It was magnificent. It has a sassy strong female lead ...more
Live Laugh & Love Books
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Okay so I could have SWORN that I wrote a review for this back in July because I received a request to read books 1 & 2 and leave a review...and I do remember writing up my review...now I don't know if if just went missing on my computer and never got uploaded or if I really did upload it like I thought and it somehow didn't go through all the way??? I don't know, but now I feel really crappy because this was supposed to be done earlier...but anyway..this stuff doesn't at all affect the fact
Gwen
On my road to perfection I have decided that I am no longer going to permit myself the joy of impulse buying and am now rather going to sample before purchasing (translation: I have been burnt too many times buying utter rubbish). The results so far have been promising as can be seen with this first purchase: Push and Pull, don't you just love the cover?

Addison is a flawed heroine who has self destructed because life has kicked her in the teeth one too many times, and she is not ashamed to admit
Melanie Marsh
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing read! It’s super intense and very emotional, which is something I have come to expect from this author. The sexual tension between Addison and Lachlan is obvious even to someone as cold hearted as I am.

Emily Cyr has the ability to really make you feel strong emotions for her characters. You either love them absolutely or hate them with the fire of a thousand suns. Her characters come alive as you read them and can be related to in a way that I haven’t found with many other au
Amy~ My Book Obsession
This was an action pack listen! I loved every minute of it.
Addison is a bad ass and can stand on her own. She has some demons from her past that don't want to let her go. However, could two brothers chase away those demons?
Cannon is a powerful vampire who doesn't take any shit. While Locklyn is bad ass but has compassion in his heart whether he knows it or not.

These three must work together to stop a drug that could human and vampire kind alike.

This is a great story to listen to I enjoyed th
Sara
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, favorites
Oh wow! This book was awesome!
I was hooked from the start, and when Lachlan appeared...well, let's just say I am now in love with him! He was too f@cking hot! I really, really, really liked him. A lot.
I also liked Abby. We couldn't be any more different, but I guess that's one of the reasons I liked her. She was a really good heroine.
I didn't like Cannon at all. And he was also kind of creepy. He treated Addy like a mere possession and it pissed me -and Addy- off.
Theo was really cute and fun.
Pernille
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Very slow

I can't figure out if it is a bit harsh to give this 2 Stars - but I was so incredible bored Reading this I Can not give it any more.

This book have the basic plot you could come up with.

You won't connect with the characters, there is a juice cliffhanger and you will not have one single question answers at the end of this book.

I am quite honestly over These books where everything has to be this bog mystery that you will never get the answer to.

Oh, and a love triangle - Which I actual
Ruby
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A whole new duo to sink your teeth into

I love new vampire books with a completely different story line. And not only do you get 1 sexy vampire but you get 2!!! And I love love triangles. Cannon is so mysterious but obviously Master vamp and he has this obsession with Addison. But then there is Lachlan and all his Brody domineering self. Both are attracted to Addison but it's so much more. This is very fast paced and loss of mystery. But the ending is the shocker. I went do any spoilers but I can
Cenna Lipscomb
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pu!led

Whew! What a story. Vampires oh my! At !east these don't sparkle. The introduction of pushers is great leaves a !otof
room for additional storylines. Our heroine isn't a doormat, her moxey was undeniable her best quality. Laclan is a dic hotomy hopefully he will make some changes.
Alicia Barry rosen
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read! Emotions were everywhere for sure! Hot and cold, hated then loved. Addison is great although started to piss me off at times especially the end! I love Lachlan and hope to god she ends up with him!!! I'm excited for the next book as this story ends on a total cliff hanger!
  • Hostile (The After Light Saga, #4)
  • Origins and Impulse (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #7)
  • The Epilogue (The Things We Can't Change, #5)
  • The White Door (The Visitor's Series, #3)
  • Wolf Dream (Wolf, #2)
  • Uprising (Bonfire Chronicles #2)
  • Resonant (The Vampires of Vegas, #0.5)
  • The Lebrus Stone
  • Eternity (Crossroads Saga, #4)
  • Envisioned (The Elemental Prophecy, #1)
  • The Only One (End of Days, #3)
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • Initiation (Chronicles of the Uprising #0.5)
  • Desolace (Desolace, #1)
  • Crescent Moon (Phoebe Harkness, #2)
  • Battle Cry (Loki's Wolves, #3)
  • Nolan (Leech, #3)
  • The Search (The Descendant Vampire, #2)

Vampire Favors (4 books)
  • Give and Take (Vampire Favors, #2)
  • Fight or Flight (Vampire Favors, #3)
  • Sink or Swim (Vampire Favors #4)