Start by marking “Class-M Exile” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Class-M Exile

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Bay-zar.
Class-M planet in the middle of no-where. Dust, dust, and more dust. Unless ya circled ‘round to the more habitable region, you’d be stuck without a ship to anywhere. ‘Round the corner though, you could find everything from ship parts and dried food packs, to roast dog and the rare bi-cycle. Hell, you could even buy yerself a gen-u-ine religion if you were so inc
Published June 22nd 2015 by Grey Sun Press (first published June 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Class-M Exile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Class-M Exile

Koeur
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was ok

Publisher: Gray Sun

Publishing Date: March 2015

ISBN: 9780990815754

Genre: SciFi

Rating: 2.2/5

Publisher Description: A military beefcake with a grudge, a wartime conspiracy, a stolen ship, a galaxy full of prejudice, and at the center of it all, a young human named Mel in search of the truth. Her search for her past and his quest for knowledge take them across the stars as they uncover the darkness and fear in us all.

Review: Real short novella that has super
L.M. Pierce
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a quick novella read with a lot of action, voice, and crazy characters packed into the pages! It hits the ground running so you'll have to try to keep up, but you'll have a grand ol' time following an alien with a Texas drawl and a tough li'l hu-man trying to figure out where she came from and who she really is. Science fiction and a whole lotta fun!
OpenBookSociety.com
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scott

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Scott

Get ready for the thrill of a vacation gone wrong. Steel yourselves for intrigue, suspense, and high action. Enjoy the ride through space because you’re extinct. That’s right. Earth has been destroyed and the what little remains of the human race is feared and shunned as bringers of war by their mutated offspring and alien races. The novella Class-M Exile by Raven Oak hurls you thousands of years into the future and hits
Stephanie
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mel is on the Class-M planet Bay-zar looking for some information about her parents. As a genuine hu-man Mel is feared and alone. The hu-mans are bringers of war, killers in the eyes of the other species. Eerl, a Tersic and a collector of all hu-man knowledge strives to help Mel. Eerl helps her stow away on The Marzipan where none of the other passengers are thrilled about her being on board, especially Zee a Unified Military member with a grudge. Zee wants nothing more than to send Mel back to ...more
Jesikah Sundin
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
CLASS-M EXILE is dark, complex, and riddled with philosophical layers about what it means to be a gen-u-ine hu-man, capable of great love and capable of the unimaginable. I really loved how the story evolved from a spark of innocence into something altogether complicated and heart-rending. With each new adventure Eerl and Mel experience together, another layer is stripped to reveal contradictions and prejudices.

I enjoyed Eerl’s dialect. The “cowboy” feel to his speech reminded me of Firely, one
Aleece
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I admit I was first thrown off by the Texan accent in writing. I heard her read the first chapter in person and really loved it so gave it another try and loved the rest of the novella. Quirky, fun, and nothing like what I have read before which is why I liked it. Everyone has felt like an outsider at some point and this story really captures that.
G.G. Silverman
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book totally reminded me of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, and was a really fun read. Really enjoyed the characters and their challenges, especially Eerl. What a hoot. Looking forward to the next adventure!
Leslie B.
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great characters in this book who had a raw and real feel. Not heroes and villains, but people with flaws and vulnerabilities thrown into situations that challenged their abilities to survive from one moment to the next. Kudos and thanks to Raven for an enthralling read!
Gere Lewis
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome novella that took me to places that I never imagined. Since I believe that that is the point of any good story, this book delivered for me and I bet it will deliver for you too.
Galit  Balli
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic book to read <3
Emesskay
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This novella kept me guessing, and it also produced some thinking, later, about the nature of good and evil. I picked up the book because the blurb described it as a combination of Douglas Adams and Firefly. I get the Firefly part, it was harder for me to see the Douglas Adams influence.

The story takes place in distopian future, where there is some kind of galactic war between the Ryddarl and nearly everyone else. The Ryddarl are similar to humans in terms of numbers of appendages, eyes, noses,
Stephanie
May 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Class-M Exile tells a fast-paced sci-fi tale from the point of view of an alien that seems to relish old school human culture without any understanding of it. When he meets his first human, he is determined to protect her, help her escape, and learn more about her people.

I’ve read several reviews of this novella that complain of the excessive use of slang and “confusing language”. I, for one, would like to applaud the author, Raven Oak for this. If there is anything that draws me into an organic
Ashley
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm not really sure what I read. The language used in the book was slightly confusing. The plot idea was really good and I enjoyed how Ms. Oak delivered her idea. I wish the book was a bit longer.
Good book if you're waiting at the bus stop or anywhere where you are just waiting and wanting to waste some time.
Mar 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
It wasn't terrible, but the writing style was not for me. I had a really hard time keeping to it. I find the continuous 'slang' to be quite bothersome. The idea was solid, though. It wasn't for me but it could be for you, if you are into it. I recommend giving it a try.
Yatish
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
A ok short novella that is worth its cost. The slang use was a tad overdone but the story has an interesting premise.
Debbie Scott
May 30, 2017
Tom Rowe
Mar 01, 2018
Raven Oak
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Corey
Pam
Erin
Kimberly
Influences & Themes 1 2 Mar 23, 2015 01:19PM
Award-winning and bestselling speculative fiction author Raven Oak is best known for Amaskan’s Blood (2016 Ozma Fantasy Award Winner and Epic Awards Finalist), Class-M Exile, and the collection Joy to the Worlds: Mysterious Speculative Fiction for the Holidays (Foreword Reviews 2016 Book of the Year Finalist). She also has several published short stories in anthologies such as Untethered: A Magic ...more