Start by marking “Lowcountry Boneyard (Liz Talbot Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lowcountry Boneyard (Liz Talbot Mystery, #3)

Lowcountry Boneyard

(Liz Talbot Mystery #3)

Where is Kent Heyward? The twenty-three-year-old heiress from one of Charleston’s oldest families vanished a month ago. When her father hires private investigator Liz Talbot, Liz suspects the most difficult part of her job will be convincing the patriarch his daughter tired of his overbearing nature and left town. That’s what the Charleston Police Department believes.

But
Published April 21st 2015 by Henery Press

To ask other readers questions about Lowcountry Boneyard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lowcountry Boneyard

Carmen
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery fans
She looked like she'd been sucker-punched. "I - oh no." She put one hand over her mouth and furiously fumbled with the other to get the door open. She did, just before she started retching. Then she sobbed and retched alternately for a while. She was all tore up, is what I'm saying.

I really, really liked this book.

When a 23-year-old woman goes missing, Liz Talbot and her partner Nate are hired to investigate. Liz is a Southern lady through and through and the book is a delightful explosion of So
Betty
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
An outstanding paranormal mystery. It continues the story of LizTalbot and her spirit guardian, Colleen. Liz is hired by the father o f his missing daughter to find her as the Charleston Police have put the case on hold. AsLiz and partner began to investigate events start to unfold and their lives are in danger. Colleen is around saves them several times. Liz discovercoldcase dating twenty years earlier. I recommend this series highly and the nextbook is already on my Must Read list.

Full Disclos
Karyn Niedert
Procured via: NetGalley

Book Title and Author: “Lowcountry Boneyard” by Susan M. Boyer

RELEASE DATE: April 21, 2015

RATING: 4 Stars Download it to your Kindle, Nook, or Kobo immediately!

GENRE: Literature and Fiction / Mystery and Thrillers

AUDIENCE: Fans of Janet Evanovich and Carolyn Haines will enjoy the Lowcountry series

SERIES: Liz Talbot Mystery #3

SUMMARY: Blurb from Netgalley:

“Where is Kent Heyward? The twenty-three-year-old heiress from one of Charleston’s oldest families vanished a month ago.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is a surprisingly dark mystery of coldblooded murder in the sultry environs of South Carolina. Not quite a cozy, but has some of those elements that would appeal to cozy fans.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur Magazine. http://affairedecoeur.com.
Nancy McFarlane
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lowcountry Boneyard is another fabulous entry in the Liz Talbot mystery series as Liz takes the case of finding the missing Charleston heiress, 20 year-old Kent Heyward. We are again entertained by Liz’s sarcasm and humor and her attention to the smartest accessories any respectable southern girl would be sporting. The case dredges up family secrets hidden for years by Charleston aristocrats and if not for the help of Liz’s dead best friend and guardian spirit, Colleen, Liz and her loved ones mi ...more
Erinne
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Fantastic!! I adored this book. I have been eagerly waiting for a new Liz Talbot mystery and was not disappointed. All the usual cast of colourful characters were back, with another great mystery ready to be solved. I look forward to more from Susan M. Boyer. She has definitely gone on my must read list!!
❂ Jennifer
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. A very well-written story that's more serious than your average cozy fluff without resorting to graphic violence or dark, gritty themes. This series is one of my favourites and this book didn't disappoint at all.

Full review: http://jenn.booklikes.com/post/114904...
JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: mysteries, supense
Kathy
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Continuing the story of Liz Talbot, PI par excellence, and her spirit guardian, Colleen, this story packs a fantastic whomp as a cozy, paranormal mystery. Liz is hired by a local father to find his missing daughter. Through a myriad of twists and turns, Liz and her partner (and also lover/boyfriend) Nate weave their way through the many and varied characters, event and stories/histories of the local populous to solve this intriguing mystery. The author had me hooked from the get-go. I did not ev ...more
Kathy Martin
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Liz Talbot mystery series. While I'm curious about her other cases, this book stands alone quite well. Liz is called on to investigate the disappearance of Kent Heyward. The police have moved the case off the active list despite the pressure put on by her socially prominent parents. Liz immediately begins nosing around and soon uncovers all sorts of possible suspects from her shady uncles, to her chef boyfriend, to her new artist friend. Liz knows that she is getti ...more
Annie McDonnell
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Susan M. Boyer delivers a first rate mystery with a bit of the paranormal, even a love story thrown in the mix. It was so much fun to read, and quick to read…as I just did not want to put it down until the very last line.
It has been a long time since I have read a mystery, so let me say that Susan M. Boyer certainly whet my appetite for more. This is the third in a series about Private Investigator, Liz Talbot..She is a fantastic character, with a Guardian Spirit named Colleen that stays by her
Bubble Bath Books
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sissy: This is the third in Susan Boyer's Liz Talbot mystery series, and I can't think why we've never encountered this wonderful author before. Why wasn't she on your booky-sense radar, Bubby? The first two books in the series are Lowcountry Boil and Lowcountry Bombshell, and while they most certainly would have given us some background on the protagonist and the setting, Lowcountry Boneyard turned out to be a tremendously enjoyable stand alone read.

Bubby: I love finding fabulous new authors.
Amy
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book! I was sucked in on the first page and it just got better as the chapters flowed on. The characters were well formed and the mystery kept me guessing til the end. I figured out some of it as the clues came in, but I didn't figure it out completely until the end.
I am going to buy the other books in the series and look forward to the ones to come! Excellent job Ms. Boyer! I enjoyed myself thoroughly while reading this book! I recommend to anyone who loves a good mystery!
Erin
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Liz Talbot. She's smart, funny...and far from perfect. Her combination of southern charm and style is irresistible in this traditional mystery that made me want to visit Charleston again as soon as possible!
Lisa
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy through netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
A fun mystery that kept my attention. It has likeable characters. Liz and Colleen have very good chemistry and I like the setting. A series I will visit again.
Kathleen
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the third book of the Liz Talbot Mystery series, Lowcountry Boneyard, the reader catches up with P.I. Liz Talbot's latest investigative adventures.

Author Susan M. Boyer weaves an entertaining Southern cozy mystery set in Charleston and the lowcountry island town of Stella Maris, South Carolina, that follows the adventures of Liz Talbot and partner Nate Andrews as they investigate the disappearance of twenty-three year old Charleston heiress, Kent Heyward.

Written in the first person narrative,
Judy Lesley
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern, mystery, romance
This is the third book in this series to feature private investigator Liz Talbot and I have enjoyed all three books. Liz lives in the house her grandmother left her beside the ocean on Stella Maris, a South Carolina island, while her agency partner Nate Andrews covers their office in Greenville, a three hour drive away. Nate and Liz have a complicated relationship since they are business partners and Liz is now very happily divorced from Nate's scuzzy brother. As if that wasn't complication enou ...more
Lesa
Susan M. Boyer won the Agatha Award for Best First Novel for Lowcountry Boil. It's been a couple years since I read it, but it can't be any better than her latest Liz Talbot mystery, Lowcountry Boneyard. That hot South Carolina weather must just breed suspense, family secrets, and romance. It's all as thick as mosquitoes in this compelling story.

Everyone in coastal South Carolina knows about the disappearance of Kent Heyward. The twenty-three-year-old heiress to old money disappeared one night o
Chaitra
I've visited the Holy City once. I didn't do anything but drive around for a day and hang around Magnolia Plantations on another, but there isn't another city that left such an impression on me in so short a time (other than San Francisco, but that was more expected). Thanks to this book, I'm going back in October/November this year. I love the descriptions, I think them true to the essence of Charleston.

It's a very good mystery as well. I like how dark it is, I like the professional way the pr
Sequoya Cox
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I received an advanced reading copy of this book from Henery Press through NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion/review of this title*

I stumbled onto the first two books in this series accidentally and fell in love. This author is very good at writing a mystery with many twists and turns. I figured out the guilty party earlier than in previous books but still did not know the reasoning until the author revealed it! So I still enjoyed every minute. There are only 3 things that bothered me
Rowena
I was lucky because I got to read this early! I begged Susan to send it to me and I just could not put it down. As usual, there's trouble in the Lowcountry and Liz is on the case. A daughter of a prominent family in Charleston has gone missing and the police have stopped looking. Enter Liz and her partner Nate. The closer Liz gets to the truth, the more danger she and those she loves are in.

A quick and fun read that nearly had me texting the author to make sure everything turns out ok for our s
Gena DeBardelaben
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
eARC: Netgalley

I'm a newcomer to the Liz Talbot series. I received Low country Boneyard, the third in the series, for review. I wasn't very far into the book before I knew I was hooked...and not just on this book, but on the series. I love the island of Stella Maris and all the quirky Southern characters. I feel like I've found a new happy place and I can't wait to visit again!
Diana Belchase
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Susan Boyer does it again, keeping you on edge and simultaneously howling in laughter! Her plots are page turners and this is another example of her wonderful style. This is a book you'll want to own and read again and again.
HENERY PRESS PUBLISHING
“Has everything you could want in a traditional mystery: a credible and savvy protagonist, a meaty mystery, and setting that will make you want to spend time in South Carolina. I enjoyed every minute of it.” – Charlaine Harris, New York Times Bestselling Author of Day Shift
Carla Johnson-Hicks
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the third book in the Liz Talbot Mystery series. It had a little of everything that I like, mystery, humour, romance, family relationships and supernatural. There was also danger in this one, but not too bad.

Liz is hired to find the missing Charleston heiress, 20 year-old Kent Heyward. She has been missing over a month and the police are no longer actively investigating. When Nate, her partner in the business and in love, ties up the case he is working on in Greenville, he heads
Paula  Phillips
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Liz has been hired in Book #3 Lowcountry Boneyard by one of the most prominent Charleston Families to find their missing daughter - Kent Heyward , as the case is going cold and the police think that she just up and ran away. For those who have read Susan M. Boyer's other books in the Liz Talbot series, will know by now that Liz doesn't do anything halfway and that she can often be a magnet for discovering the hidden family skeletons no-one else likes people to know. As Liz goes around questionin ...more
Christy Wilson
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the third in the Liz Talbot Mystery Series, and the first one I’ve read. I was able to read it as a stand alone without any issues.

The stories are set in South Carolina, which serves very well for this novel. Liz owns a detective agency with her partner, Nate, who lives in Greenville while she lives in Stella Maris. They are a bit of an item as well. She also has another partner in the form of Colleen, a friend who is dearly departed and serves as her “guardian angel” (in a sense).

The st
Crittermom
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lowcountry Boneyard is a feast for the mystery lover. Liz Talbot is a passionate and intelligent PI with the manners and connections of a Southern debutante. Her actions in the course of seeking what happened to Kent Heyward are logical and well-considered. Few clues are found by luck, most are found with hard work and dedication. It is a delight to read a mystery where the heroine/investigator seeks out answers, rather than either falling over them or annoying people until they confess. Liz Tal ...more
Michelle 🦂
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I never pick up mystery novels. For some reason, suspense makes me nervous. It may be because sometimes I can't separate real life and fiction, which in turn makes me freak out during movies when the bad guy does something crazy. I received Lowcountry Boneyard for an honest review and I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it. It can be tough to pick up a series the third book in but I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this novel.

Liz Talbot is a PI who does her work with the help of
Nancy
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Islands have a certain magic, some more than others. In author Susan M. Boyer's mind, the fictional South Carolina island of Stella Maris is located a hop, skip, a couple of bridges and a ferry ride from Charleston. The picturesque beach community is also home base for PI Liz Talbot, although her hunky partner Nate wants her to move upstate in Lowcountry Boneyard (Henery Press, digital galley). As readers of the previous two books in this perky series know, Liz has a secret tie to the island in ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Two Kindle Editions 3 14 Feb 03, 2015 07:04AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add book to series 3 15 Jan 30, 2015 09:13AM

• Death in Perspective (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #4)
  • Dying Brand (Allison Campbell Mystery, #3)
  • Bones to Pick (A Brie Hooker Mystery,  #1)
  • Whack Job (An Elliott Lisbon Mystery, #2)
  • Nun Too Soon (Giulia Driscoll #1)
  • In It For The Money (Blu Carraway Mysteries #1)
  • With Vics You Get Eggroll (Mad for Mod Mystery, #3)
  • Bridges Burned (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #3)
  • Designed to Death (Faith Hunter Scrap This Mystery, #2)
  • Diner Impossible  (Rose Strickland Mystery, #3)
  • MacDeath (An Ivy Meadows Mystery, #1)
  • Quicksand (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery, #3)
  • The Ambitious Card (An Eli Marks Mystery, #1)
Susan M. Boyer is the author of the USA TODAY bestselling Liz Talbot mystery series. Her debut novel, Lowcountry Boil, won the 2012 Agatha Award for Best First Novel, the Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense, and garnered several other award nominations, including the Macavity. The third book in the series, Lowcountry Boneyard, was a Spring 2015 Southern Independent Bookselle ...more

Liz Talbot Mystery (8 books)
  • Lowcountry Boil (A Liz Talbot Mystery, #1)
  • Lowcountry Bombshell (A Liz Talbot Mystery, #2)
  • Lowcountry Bordello (Liz Talbot Mystery #4)
  • Lowcountry Book Club (Liz Talbot Mystery #5)
  • Lowcountry Bonfire (Liz Talbot Mystery #6)
  • Lowcountry Bookshop (Liz Talbot Mystery #7)
  • Lowcountry Boomerang (Liz Talbot Mystery #8)