Start by marking “Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Huntress Moon

(The Huntress/FBI Thrillers #1)

A Thriller Award nominee for Best eBook Original Novel... Book 1 in award-winning author Alexandra Sokoloff's riveting new Huntress FBI series about a driven FBI agent on the hunt for that most rare of all killers: a female serial.

FBI Special Agent Matthew Roarke is closing in on a bust of a major criminal organization in San Francisco when he witnesses an undercover memb

Published January 27th 2015 by Thomas & Mercer (first published 2012)

Start your review of Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
Mary Beth
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars!

F.B.I Agent Matthew Roarke is closing in on a bust of a major criminal organization in San Francisco when he witnesses an undercover member of his team killed right in front in him on a busy street. There is a mysterious woman dressed in black who appears to be present at each scene of a decade long string of accidents and murders. As Roarke uncovers the shocking truth of her background he realizes she is on a mission of her own and must race to capture before more blood is shed. The w
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
FBI special agent Matthew Roake used to be a member of the Behavioral Analysis Unit in the FBI.

Sorry..had to fangirl there for a minute.

He had dreamed of working for the FBI since the age of nine and ended up leaving the BAU because he saw what made the monsters.
He is in the middle of a case and sees one of his agents taken down by a random woman. At first he thinks she may be a "hired hit person" but then after digging deeper he realizes he is chasing a female serial killer.
The research th
Christine
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m mining gold these days. I am working through my personal to-read list, picking off books that have been calling my name for several years. This week I picked Huntress Moon, the first novel of an FBI series. I actually own kindle versions of this entire 5-book series, all obtained at ridiculously cheap sale prices over the last five years so I was hoping I would love book #1. And love it I did.

The characters are the real strength of this novel. The protagonist is Matthew Roarke, Assistant Spe
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Alexandra Sokoloff, Mystery/Thriller Fans
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
5 The Mysteries of Life All Around Us Stars
* * * * *Spoiler Free
I have often thought about instincts... those feelings we have... just before we get a phone call that relays bad news... or when you are out and you just know you are missing something... and when you return home... there are issues to handle which could have been handled better if you had just stayed home in the first place. These feelings or senses...I know we all have had them... and a huge part of this book is the thought of w
Lo9man88
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having read many crime mysteries throughout the years, my standards are quite high , and although i wasn't as taken with this book as some others i appreciated the writing : the words were flowing easily, the author has a talent for blurring the lines between the natural and the supernatural in a surreal way, there is an Archie/Gretchen "Heartsick" vibe going on between Matthew and Cara(main characters) that has great potential, so a good read for sure but hoping it'll get way better.
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, Crime Fans, Serial Killer Fans
A stunning novel in every aspect. Blew my socks off. Rocked my boat. Chilled my thrills and whizzled my wozzle (last bit made up.) Awesome!

Silly old me. I am an avid fan of crime thrillers, especially those with a serial killer involved but somehow I basically just took TOO long to read any book from the brilliant author Alexandra Sokoloff. More fool me, I now have a lot of catching up to do in order to read everything she has ever written including her horror stuff which I also adore.

You know w
Lisa
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-fiction
AM I OFF THE BIGGEST ROLLERCOASTER RIDE YET?? IF NOT I AM COMING OFF SLOWLY!!
FBI agent Matthew Roarke is closing in on a criminal organisation in San Francisco when he sees an undercover member of his team killed in cold blood there is a mysterious woman dressed in black who appears at every murder spanning 10 years, as Roarke uncovers the truth of who she is he discovers she is on a mission to kill & he must stop her at all costs.

With the help of his right hand man Damian Epps they piece a pict
S.M. West
4.5 BLUE MOON STARS

Do you believe in evil? Evil as a thing? It's own entity? A feeling, trauma, noise or breath that brings darkness, pain and monsters? I've always been fascinated by the light and dark of all humans. That within us all shines the glory of goodness and lurks the darkest depths of hell.

That's why I like shows like Criminal Minds, Dexter and The Walking Dead (it's so not about the zombies) and have always been drawn to the FBI profiler. If any of this interests you, you will r
Jean
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Huntress Moon, the first of five in a series featuring The Huntress and the FBI, is one of those mysteries that comes along once in a blue moon. I didn’t think so at first. The stage is set in San Francisco, and the characters didn’t leap off the page at me, not at first.

Matthew Roarke, Assistant Special Agent in Charge in San Francisco, is a smart, dedicated federal agent with excellent instincts. “Spider” instincts. Damien Epps, one of his agents, is as bonded to him as any partner can be. Ea
Phrynne
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable read with an interesting twist in that the serial killer is a woman. Apparently this is unusual in real life as well as in books! I could have wished the author had given her main character a name other than Rourke which is a name I already have firmly attached in my mind to another series altogether. However once I got over that I enjoyed this book very much and will certainly read the sequel.
Sue
HUNTRESS MOON is Book 1 in the award-winning author Alexandra Sokoloff’s enthralling new Huntress FBI series about a driven FBI agent on the hunt for that most rare of all killers: a female serial killer. All I can say is WOW…what a brilliant writer and what took me so long to get into this series!

The novels in this FBI thriller series include:
Huntress Moon (Book 1) Published 2012
Blood Moon (Book2) Published 2013
Cold Moon. (Book3) Published 2015
Bitter Moon (Book4) Published 2016
Hunger Moon. (Bo
Emma
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Despite a few quibbles about the pulpy writing style, I was gripped by this novel, and the rest of the series. The premise is different from the typical FBI thriller and the author makes a conscious decision to highlight the supernatural theme. In this world, Evil is real, sentient and actively working to affect people. It pervades the atmosphere of the novel, the idea of any humanity in those who harm is absent. A female vigilante killer stalks the U.S., battling this evil by dispatching those ...more
Jonetta
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FBI Special Agent Matt Roarke has one of his agents undercover, closing in on a major criminal organization, when he witnesses that agent being killed before his eyes on a busy street in San Francisco. He questions whether it is accidental, especially after having seen a mysterious woman at the scene. After further investigation, he finds other supposed accidents and murders that included this woman being on scene. Roarke finds himself on a multi-state journey to track this woman and figure out ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4 Stars!

What a page turner this book turned out to be! Anyone who has followed my reviews has probably noticed that I have a very eclectic taste when it comes to what I read. I find that by mixing things up I am able to fully appreciate each genre. I was in the mood for a serious mystery and a couple of my friends really enjoyed this one so I decided to give it a chance. I am so glad that I took a chance on this novel.

This mystery relied heav
Rosa, really

This is an entertaining thriller but I can't bring myself to give it more than 3 stars.

It's the overly descriptive language. Sentences like "working people...energized by the cool ocean air off the gleaming, tireless Pacific" and "the dreamy, beaming people in the parks" followed by "but here, as everywhere, is the darkness"--shit like that makes me mental. FUCKING STOP TALKING AND JUST TELL YOUR STORY.

Even worse, a few chapters later the author describes Roarke, our FBI agent hero, like so:
Roar
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
Notes on the Audio
This was almost like reading the book for the first time since my aging memory seems to remember almost none of this book from my first reading. This is a solid mystery and I really liked the profiling element to solving the case. The characters were great and I love the fact that the villian becomes almost likable by the end of the book. R.C. Bray did a great job with the narration and it was really easy to listen to this book for hours at a time.

Book source: Audible purchase
Janet
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Huntress Moon came to me on the back of some recommendations from trusted sources and after reading, I'm glad I went for it! It's one of those books that takes you completely by surprise, sucks you right in and spits you out when it's finished and insists on saying 'on with the next!'

Matthew Roarke, main protagonist, is working for the FBI in the Major Organisation Crime unit. Whilst working he witnesses one of this team being killed in an accident .... or was it?? What follows sets Roarke off o
Al *the semi serial series skipper*

I have been searching for female sociopath/serial killer books ever since I read The Risk series. I like Cara, I wish we had more time in her head so I'm hoping the subsequent books deliver on that.

I can't wait to start!
Angela DeSilva
Oh my, wow! One of the Best crime thrillers of the year so far! A serial killer book unlike any other I've ever read, one where I feel for the killer, surprising as that may sound. It did end on a cliffhanger, which I usually hate, but in this case it was so exciting I had to go immediately to the next book in the series. Thankfully, I found it on Kindle unlimited, I started it right away a few minutes ago! That's how good this series is! Full review to come after finishing book two. I am offici ...more
Liz Barnsley
So Huntress Moon has gone straight into the running to be in my top 10 of the year – a completely involving and utterly brilliant crime novel that takes the “Serial Killer Thriller” and redefines it – a heart stopping and emotional reading ride that will keep you up into the early hours.

The main hook into this story is the two main characters who are superbly well drawn and utterly engaging. Matthew Roarke is an FBI agent who has left the world of profiling behind. Now working on Major Crime, a
✨Susan✨
A detective with the FBI is investigating a case when he witnesses the death of an undercover agent. Something about a woman he sees as the scene bothers him. His new hunch pulls him back to his prior job with the FBI as a Behavioral Analyst. When he starts looking into other unsolved murders he finds that witnesses have reported in many cases seeing a beautiful woman wearing a short sleeve turtleneck. This sets him on a path looking into murders of horrible lowlifes that were all killed on the ...more
Kameko Murakami
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I write terrible book reviews. I don't know what it is--perhaps I'm missing the critic's gene in my DNA, maybe I just can't pull the right combination of words out of my hurricane brain to be able to get the groove down properly.

But listen:

Huntress Moon is the best book I have read in a long, long time. From the first page to the last, I couldn't stop reading, and that, my friends, is something very rare. I lived in those characters and in those words, lived in them and never wanted to come out,
Wanda
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

Santa Muerte, that was good!

This book is a perfect example for me of the role of timing in whether I enjoy a book or not. I tried to read Huntress Moon earlier in the month, but I went into it with an “urban fantasy” mindset, expecting something a bit on the lightish side, something with a bit of humour. If that is what you want, this is not the droid you are looking for. There are a few fantastical elements, but I wouldn’t characterize it as urban fantasy at all.

This is
Barry
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Huntress Moon was a great read. I am very happy to have found this author as I think that she is a significant talent. Of course, who am I to say heap such lofty praise on someone? Well, I'll tell you who I am. I'm the smartest guy in the room right now - true, the only guy but let's not be picky.

Sokoloff creates great suspense with seeming ease. She made it difficult to put the book down and a delight to pick it back up. Her primary two characters had fabulous depth and color and the secondary
"Avonna
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so well written, paced and engaging that I would recommend it to everyone who wants an excellent mystery/thriller to read.

The main character is an FBI agent, Matthew Roarke, who is chasing a woman he saw standing by his undercover agent just before he was killed. As the book continues on, you begin to learn more about the unidentified woman and she is fascinating, deadly and complex.

Want more!!!

Maureen Carden
This is the first book in what I would declare to be an important series. This is not a series about a female serial killer, but a series about predators and eventually about a thread that ties some people to gether throughout their lives.
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
TEN STARS ! WOW!

My View:
Before I begin my review her is a little bit of background on the award winning author Alexandra Sokoloff (information I paid scant attention to before I started reading…which as it turned out was fortuitous as it didn’t affect my reaction to the book, I started reading with no real expectations except that this would most probably be a great read – and I was not disappointed) and it allowed me to have several uninhibited email discussions with the author on an equal foot
Sherry Fundin
I am salivating at the thought of diving into Huntress Moon, a thriller with a female serial killer. I love to read about serial killers, but a female one is very rare. I am ready to be wowed.

FBI Special Agent Matthew Roarke’s spidey senses were tingling. Is it intuition, a cop’s experience honed to pick up subtle vibes, or something more?

He was meeting an undercover agent when he saw her. She stood out…reeked of danger…and as the pieces come together, he is hot on her trail.

Roarke could’ve run
Craig Sisterson
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
A few weeks ago, the fifth instalment in screenwriter-turned novelist Alexandra Sokoloff's ripsnorting 'Huntress/FBI' series, Hunger Moon, was released. If you're new to the adventures of vigilante killer Cara Lindstrom and FBI Special Agent Matthew Roarke, then lucky you: you've got lots to look forward to! When I first tried one of these books, I ended up buying and devouring three titles back-to-back-to-back in one weekend.

Compelling is a reviewer cliche; here it's an understatement.

Sokoloff
Claire
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recap: FBI Agent Matt Rourke witnesses his undercover agents murder by a enigmatic woman and begins the hunt to find her but, is she a killer or a vigilante?

Review: A gripping, page turner of a thriller. Yes, Roarke is a stereotypical FBI Agent but his background intermingles with the killers own in an interesting twist. She herself is driven, dangerous and yet you are rooting for her to remain free at the end of the book. Without giving too much away, parts of this book are horrifying and you f
Aussie Readers: Friday Freebie-ends midnight 11th Sept 1 14 Sep 03, 2015 03:35AM
Finding Books featuring particular locations 2 6 Jun 19, 2015 09:36AM
Book Haven: Alexandra Sokoloff Interview and Giveaway 1 4 May 28, 2015 02:23PM
Goodreads Authors...: Alexandra Sokoloff Interview and Giveaway 1 4 May 28, 2015 02:20PM
Paranormal Romanc...: Alexandra Sokoloff Interview and Giveaway 1 5 May 28, 2015 02:18PM
Huntress Moon discussion questions 1 17 May 04, 2015 11:40AM
Goodreads Librari...: Adding metadata 9 96 May 04, 2015 09:45AM

• The Dead Cold Series: Books 21-24 (A Dead Cold Box Set Book 6)
  • The Crossing (Detective Louise Blackwell #1)
  • The Dead Cold Series: Books 13-16
  • The Spirit of the Dragon
  • Soho Angel
  • Thicker than Blood (Zoe Bentley Mystery #3)
  • Hard Target (Jon Reznick, #8)
  • Deadland's Harvest (Deadland Saga, #2)
  • Don't Turn Back (DS Karen Hart, #3)
  • Exhume (Dr. Schwartzman, #1)
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
  • Killing Pretties (DS Malice Series Book 1)
  • A Thousand Devils (Max Heller, Dresden Detective #2)
  • The Rogue Agent (The Agent #2)
  • What Lies Beneath (DI Mike Nash #1)
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
  • Playing with Fire (DI Mike Nash #3)
  • A Dead Cold Box Set: Books 9-12
I'm the Thriller Award-winning and Bram Stoker and Anthony Award-nominated author of the bestselling Huntress/FBI Thrillers: Huntress Moon, Blood Moon, Cold Moon. Bitter Moon, Hunger Moon, the supernatural thrillers The Harrowing, The Price, Book of Shadows, The Unseen, The Space Between. The New York Times Book Review has called me "a daughter of Mary Shelley" and my novels "some of the most orig ...more

The Huntress/FBI Thrillers (6 books)
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
  • Bitter Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #4)
  • Hunger Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #5)
  • Shadow Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #6)

News & Interviews

“Revelation. All-time favorite of unmedicated street evangelists everywhere.” 1 likes
“Things happen. Life happens. Sometimes we draw things to us. Maybe it’s fate. I can’t tell you, Matthew. But it seems that for whatever reason, this one’s yours.” 1 likes