Start by marking “When You Run, You Eventually Have to Stop (Tigers and Devils, #1.1)” as Want to Read:
When You Run, You Eventually Have to Stop (Tigers and Devils, #1.1)

When You Run, You Eventually Have to Stop

(Tigers and Devils #1.1)

Simon Murray has always been the (sometimes unreliable) narrator of his life with Declan Tyler ™, but what about events Simon wasn’t around for?

For the first time, here’s Dec’s side of part of their story – when he went missing after being outed.
ebook
Published December 11th 2014 by Sean Kennedy (first published December 10th 2014)

Trisha Harrington
I liked this. A lot. I need more of these guys.
Jilrene ♥
Exactly what I wanted. It's time to visit Dec and Simon.
Ami
Quite nice 'missing scene' from Tigers and Devils -- but it didn't really add anything to the story though. I mean, it wasn't like it was truly significant for me, since the joy was always from Simon's perspective. I was actually expecting an update on them, since Simon and Declan were one of the first MM couples I read ...

But hey, at least Sean Kennedy wrote something. So there, 3-stars for that!
Meep
Dec 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebie-fic
A little extra snippet for Tigers and Devils in Declan's pov. Nice little freebie to be found on authors site.

One of my favourite books so always nice to read an extra scene.
I liked seeing Declan's view for a change, he's far more contained than Simon. There's a nice little scene with his brother and I liked seeing his impression of Simon; but it did lack Simon!

Nothing much on it's own, but I'll greet any extra for this verse with grabby hands :D
Arch Bala
I've always wondered about this scene back in the first book – and with Dec finally showing up at Simon’s place, ofcourse I was sighing with relief with that back then. I thought he’d be an asshole about his “outing” – it’s always a pleasure reading back in the past when you already know a wonderful future was in store for them. ^^

#ShippingSILANlikeIJustDoNotCare
Ari
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kuranggggggggggg!

Elyxyz
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 È stato interessante vedere, almeno per una volta, il POV di Dec. Bel momento fra fratelli.
K
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very short little out take story from Tigers & Devils set (view spoiler)

I have just finished a re-read of Tigers & Devils and to have this little snippet, from Dec's point of view and without Simon's introspective sarcasm, was really well timed.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Not too much to say other than this was a very short story giving us more perspective on Declan's tendency to run away from his problems. It was a nice complement to the series.
Bev
3.5 stars. Surely now that Australia has voted in Marriage Equality, Dec will ask Simon to marry him...or vice versa?? One of my fave couples ever, but this was not Dec's finest hour. 😕
Donna
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
Family support is a WONDERFUL thing no matter what you "fear" in your life. If your family has your back, your life is a better, safer place... so many in this world don't have that support, so if you are one of the lucky ones, like Dec, then take that step to confront your fear and know that they will be there to catch you if at first, you stumble!
Jenn (not Lily)
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice little scene -- great family!
Meggie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: shorts, family, drama
A great short work with Declain POV.
Eve
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
yay!! this was nice, brief, & reminds me of how I get when anxiety is just too damn much hope much I break, crack & flake out. so goodie.~

...you ain't out you're just outed. ...

so anywho t seems that I love this fictional universe even though I'm not fandom-like. this series comforts me. probably the mix of fame, snark, humor, growing up, the comings & goings, and sex dreams makes me feel satisfied. but that's the series overall and so because this is mainly a scene that would be ha
Camille
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Love Simon and Dec!
Pete W
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
It was short but it wasn't what I was expecting. I thought this would be about the time Derek broke up with Simon. I guess I wasn't reading the blurb correctly from the excitement that there is a new short I didn't know about.

It was nice to read from Derek POV from time to time. His voice was certainly from straight-forward than Simon's.
Robbie Newell
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While it doesn't "add" to the story, what this fantastic little freebie does provide is an insight into Dec. For me, it's always nice to get a fresh perspective but it also doesn't feel forced or out of character- and the rest of the series I now have a new perspective on
Kaetrin
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

It's not a complete story and it doesn't stand alone. But for fans of the series, it's a lovely insight into what Declan was thinking after he was outed.

I'd love to have more of Declan's POV. *hint hint*
Andrea
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Very short but good. Wish there was more.
CB
Mar 19, 2015 added it
Short story in Tigers and Devils series - available on Amazon
Courtney
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
It was nice to get a quick glimpse into Declan's mind, but now I want more.
Cadiva
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short peek into Declan's head while everything was going down in the main book.
Sherry
Dec 20, 2014 rated it liked it
What's there to say? I love Simon and Dec!
Jen
This was so short that you can't even call it a short story. Lol. Nice view into Declan's head, though. It's like a tiny little deleted scene.
Lucy
Jan 03, 2019
Dec 23, 2014
Suzy Maps
Dec 29, 2015
  • Night Watch (The Telling, #2)
  • To Feel the Sun
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • Cup Check (Blue Line Hockey, #3)
  • Straight Shooter (Rear Entrance Video, #3)
  • Tempest (Playing the Fool, #3)
  • Deep in the Count
  • Sangria White Bull (Crimes & Cocktails, #3)
  • The Gig (Speechless #2)
  • Allspice: Recipe for Love
  • Texas Christmas (Texas, #5)
  • Feast of Stephen (A Charm of Magpies, #3.5)
  • Carol of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #1)
  • See Me (Lightning Tales, #3)
  • Power Play
  • Finally Fallen (The Dark Angels, #3)
  • Hot and Bothered
  • Bootleg Diva: Confessions of a Quarterback Princess by Levi Brody (Southern Scrimmage, #4)
Sean Kennedy lives in the second-most isolated city in the world, thinks there are thylacines still out in the wild, and eagerly awaits the return of Twin Peaks in 2017.

Tigers and Devils (4 books)
  • Tigers and Devils (Tigers and Devils #1)
  • Tigerland (Tigers and Devils, #2)
  • Tigers on the Run (Tigers and Devils, #3)
  • Tigers on the Way (Tigers and Devils, #4)