Start by marking “Defenseless (Diamond Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Defenseless (Diamond Girls, #3)

Defenseless

(Crushed #3)

Published January 27th 2015 by Swoon Romance

To ask other readers questions about Defenseless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defenseless

Michelle
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I first heard about Defenseless I knew I had to read it. I fell in love with the Diamond Girls and getting to read a new story from one of the girls was an opportunity I could not miss.

Defenseless is Claire and Ryker's story, and while I cant remember much about Claire from previous stories, I didn't have to worry about missing out on anything as the author has done a great job of introducing you to Claire.

Ryker was a hard person to like when we first meet him. He came across as arrogant, s
Eleni Mcknight
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Claire Reilly is the outgoing and fun girl of the X-Factor cheer gym Diamond Girls. Her best friend, Tayla, is like a sister to her on the cheer squad, and in an epic disaster, Tayla responds to a text message while driving. If only she knew the #X symbol...
The opening two chapters were a punch in the feels, as is the rest of the Diamond Girl series. This is the ending of the trilogy, a series with good moral points without being preachy and is realistic. Kids today need to see the consequences
Cheerreader
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Defenseless was a great read and I feel lucky to have been able to read an early review copy. I love cheer (I'm on a level-5 team) and I thought the Diamond Girl's journey was very realistic. I really enjoyed Claire and Ryker's story despite the sad storyline that brought them together. It was great to see the rest of the Diamond Girls and their guys as well. Really enjoyed.
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: swoon
The Diamond Girls is one of my favourite series to work with because as a Cheerleader myself I love that element. Like books 1 and 2 Defenseless is a gritty YA novel and tackles serious issues as well as being on the steamier side (but still suitable for teens!).

This book deals with losing someone close to you and not judging someone before getting to know them.

This book will make you teary eyed so make sure to have tissues close by whilst reading.

**Disclaimer - I am a publicist for Swoon Romanc
Deanna
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get an early copy of this book! Elisa Dane created complete awesomeness in Defenseless. I loved the bond that Claire and her Diamond Girls had throughout the whole story. It proves that strong friendships can withstand any tragedy...AND...who doesn't love strong male characters??? Ryker Vaughn is...HOT...HOT...HOT!!!!

On a side note...I loved the tough old lady Birdie in this story. She was classic!!!
Cathy *Booklover4everandever*
Amazing

Again another few topics I have not seen in YA books. Texting while driving, death of a best friend, dealing with grief and ways to stop blaming yourself over the accident. I love this book because it had me on an emotional roller coaster which is a good thing when reading a book. To me that means it's well written....gave it 5 stars it definitely deserved it!
Juli
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd and last book of the Diamond Girls Trilogy. Ms. Dane has dealt with real issues in each book and this one centers around texting and driving. This book has an important message and would especially be great for teenagers and college age to read, but it's a good lesson for anyone as this problem is not just a problem among the youth. I love how Ms. Dane is not afraid to write about tough subjects. Claire and Ryker's story was so emotional! My heart just broke for both Claire and R ...more
Amanda Coffey
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series, I can't even begin to tell you how much I have loved every page. It really makes you think about the stereotypes that we label people with before actually knowing them as a person. We all do it, not always in a mean way.. but if you would have told me that a series about competitive high school cheer leaders would make me laugh out loud and bring me to tears, I would have judged the books but their covers. With that being said I am so glad I gave them a chance. This story has everyt ...more
Haddie
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ryker + Claire = OTP ❤

I mean it. Ryker and Claire are officially my new OTP. This book had my heart racing. I honestly could not pout it down. Even now, my heart doesn't want to settle.
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
4 stars - An enjoyable, romantic story that hit some feels and twisted my heart!

I really enjoyed the first two Diamond Girls books. They had clear messages, good premises, and I flew through them super quick. When I heard that defenseless would feature a hero who was a fighter, I got super excited. Unbreakable had the bad boy I love, and now Defenseless had the fighter I would no doubt fangirl over. And you know what? I totally did. I loved Ryker, and I liked Claire, and I ended up enjoying this
Valeria
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let me tell you about the great finale for an awesome series. Defenseless was the icing of cake when it comes to the Diamond Girls series. Once again we meet this awesome group of friends, which I love. They are so close and loyal to each other. They are positive, healthy, stay out of trouble and don’t do gossip. Which when it comes to grouping girls is incredible difficult, so I have a lot of respect for these girls.

Sadly, their strengths are yet to be tested, when drama strikes their life. Now
Jillian Lopez
(MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) Review copy provided by Swoon Romance. This - in no way - swayed my opinion with regards to this book.

DNF - 75%

I am SO disappointed. I have read the first 2 books in the series (Ex-Factor and Unbreakable) and I enjoyed them. When the publisher contacted me to review this book, I was happy because I had no idea that there was an incoming third book released for next year. (Or next week, lol.)

Reading this book was great at first, but I was literally turned down by how
Carol Oates
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've read all three of the Diamond Girls books. Each book can be read as a stand alone but it would seem a pity to miss the other two. It would be tough to name my favorite. Having said that, I loved the main character's voice in this one.
Claire certainly goes through some extremes of emotion. At one point I was sure she was properly depressed, not just sad and trying to cope with the loss of her friend. I wasn't sure she would be able to pick herself up and get going again. But she had a lot o
Paula  Phillips
Jan 18, 2015 rated it liked it
One thing I love reading about is Cheerleading, I guess it goes with the I can't do it in real life so I will read about it and that's sort of the same thing philosophy. In Defenseless , we meet Claire Reilly , whose whole life revolves around her friends and her cheerleading squad The Diamond Girls. The book starts with the girls arriving to the gym for practise as they are preparing to enter into the X-Factor Cheer Competition , when they discover that their school gym has been trashed and the ...more
T.M. Payne
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book: Defenseless – (Diamond Girls #3)
Author: Elisa Dane
Publication Date: 1/27/2015
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
Claire and Rykers story does not begin with anything happy which is what Claire usually is. She is the bouncy happy air of her team and friends. But.
The cheer gym has been horribly vandalized but who would do such a thing?
None other than Tayla's cousin Ryker Vaughn. What will this do to Tayla?
Claire knows Ryker is one tough guy but could he really
Alice
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5
this book was everything the first book in the series was not, and it's a good thing because it's always better to have a series of books that starts ok and keeps getting better than the other way around and be disappointed.
while for ex-factor I kinda liked it but had a few problems, unbreakable resolved them and defenseless perfected them. in ex-factor I couldn't bring myself to care because some things were unfamiliar to me and I couldn't relate, while for others I was familiar with the si
Ashlei
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great ending to a great series. I was so excited to finally get Claire's story. Ryker was a great addition to this already amazing group. I wanted to be a part of their group of friends. I loved all the cheer leading aspects included in these books. And I absolutely adored that each book focused on a hard hitting topic. This series is a perfect for those looking to show young girls how to have self confidence. Ryker isn't bad to read about either! This was by far my favorite of the 3 ...more
Peggy
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Was impressed with the way this book held my attention and kept me interested throughout the entire book! Loved how the author has taken this and made it into a series! Now time to retract and read the first 2 as this is the 3rd book of the series.

*Received for an honest review*
Tessa Wayland
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
considering I started this book at midnight and only intended on reading a few chapters, I can't believe I actually finished it. I couldn't put it down. so so so good
Krys
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! Great characters and story. A lot of emotions and drama. I feel like I can relate with Claire.
Mayra Dominguez
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loveee

I love all these books. This one kept ms bawling all through out it. It was soo good. LOVE ITTT
Erica
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Summary:
High school senior, Claire Reilly’s world revolves around All-Star cheerleading. The Diamond Girls, are gearing up for a major competition, which, if they win will allow them to compete at Worlds for the first time. But the unimaginable happens, and both Claire and her team are rocked by a devastating loss. Determined to get to Worlds any way she can, Claire finds help from the last person she imagined would give it—up and coming UFC fighter and notorious bad boy, Ryker Vaughn.

Fouled out
Brittney
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elisa Dane has done it again with the third and final book of the Crushed series. She has the characters in this story evolving a great amount and even the main character Claire develops the most since she is mentioned in all three books of the series. This series is a great read and it's nice that each book is in the point of view of a different character. The characters have to go through so much in this story and find their way. They learned to deal with loss and how to move forward. Elisa wr ...more
Sally Henson
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author writes page turning stories. And I couldn't put this one down either. If you like your stories on the gritty side, you can't go wrong with any of her books INCLUDING this one.
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Psychocat Reads Review of DEFENSELESS by Elisa Dane

(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.)

After reading the first two books in Elisa Dane's Diamond Girls series last year, I couldn't wait to dive into DEFENSELESS. Now it's time to see if it lived up to expectations.

This Book as Part of a Series: Following the trend of the Diamond Girls series, DEFENSELESS mixes YA romance with a solid underlying message. I loved that while the book focused on Claire, a previously
Sabrina
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
H
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chelsey Hunt
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it
I was so disappointed in this book... I didn't love it like the first 2 books in this trilogy...I found the writing in this book annoying and could tell it was a adult writing as a teenager and trying way to hard. This book just didn't have the same feel as the first 2 and I really didn't like or connect with the characters in this book.
Jessica
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Felt a bit rushed at times

I enjoyed this story but everything in it went a bit too fast. The romance really could have used more build up and also how it all played out. Several important issues were brought to light as usual and I feel I would have wanted more time to connect. I have enjoyed this series and if there are mire Diamond girls I will probably read their story too.
Cheergirl24
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was my favorite out of the Diamond Girl series!!! Claire and Ryker have an AMAZING connection. The storyline broke my heart. So Sad!! I'm an All Star cheerleader, and I thought the scenes in the gym/competition were believable. Great story!

• When Love Matters Most (San Diego K-9 Unit #2)
  • Fury (The Cure, #1)
  • Bluegrass Hero (Kentucky Corners, #1)
  • The Last Order (The Last Order, #1)
  • Fading Out (Living Heartwood, #3)
  • Keep Holding On (Walker Family, #3)
  • How (Not) to Fall in Love
  • Northwood
  • A July Bride (A Year of Weddings, #8)
  • Everyday Confetti: Your Year-Round Guide to Celebrating Holidays and Special Occasions
  • A Season to Wed: Three Winter Love Stories
  • At Every Turn
  • Love Arrives in Pieces
  • Asking for Trouble (London Confidential, #1)
  • Amongst the Flames (Embers and Ashes #1)
  • Withering Rose (Once Upon a Curse, #2)
  • Rekindled Moments (Moments in Time, #2)
  • Shutter
ELISA DANE is a self-proclaimed book junkie. A lover of handbags, chocolate, and reality television, she's a proud mother to three All- Star cheerleaders. Writing is her absolute passion, and it's her mission to create stories that will not only take you on a romantic journey that will warm your heart, but help you find a new respect and interest in the sport of All-Star cheerleading.

Elisa is no