Start by marking “Fractured Glass” as Want to Read:
Fractured Glass

Fractured Glass

What if other worlds existed alongside your own? What if you could travel through them and truly escape reality?

Sloan and Harley Glass were born moments apart; but, despite their differences, the sixteen-year-old twins couldn’t be closer. They’ve held their tongues each and every time their mother has uprooted them—often moving across the country with little notice. They’v
Paperback, First, 422 pages
Published December 24th 2014 by Createspace.com

To ask other readers questions about Fractured Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fractured Glass

Start your review of Fractured Glass
Becca
Very interesting

Warning One: I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review and honest is what I do. Cool? Cool.

Song Choice: "Murder in the City" by The Avett Brothers, "Forgive Me" by City and Colour, "Madison House" by Chris Bathgate

First Thoughts: So honestly truly going into this I wasn't quite sure what to expect, five different authors coming together to write one book?! Was this going to be like a co-authored book? Nah they each wrote their own section and continued on with the st
Ginny  Gallagher
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

Fractured Glass: A Novel Anthology is a unique reading experience.

We have five young adult authors (Tia Silverthorne Bach, Jo Michaels, Casey L. Bond, Kelly Risser, and N.L. Greene) each telling a portion of a continuing science fiction/fantasy story.

I've read books by a few of these authors and I know that they each have their own writing style and I was curious to see if their individual voice would be retained. I am happy to report that it absolutely was.

As I read I easily recognize
Christina
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
**This book was sent to me in exchange for my honest review**

You guys! FIVE authors wrote this book together. FIVE. DIFFERENT. PEOPLE. wrote this awesome cohesive book (anthology) and it was fantastic!

I have shied away from anthologies in the past because they usually consist of different people writing different stories. And my brain just can't compute that way. But in the particular case, all five authors came together to tell one story of twin girls who discover a cool and unique ability that
Tia
"Fractured Glass" is an incredible collaborative work of the incredible YA authors. I was completely hooked on this story from the first page and was thrilled at the seamless flow of the story line.

16 year old twins, Harley and Sloan Glass, grew up home schooled by their mom who didn't exactly keep a normal curriculum: survivalist and quantum physics among the chosen subjects. When a strange woman approaches Diego, Sloan's best friend, it causes a chain of events that changes their lives foreve
Tammy
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I normally do not read much paranormal type books but this one caught my attention from the start and I really enjoyed it. This is probably a book you would like if you are new to this type of book. It's probably the first book I've ever read where different authors wrote a section of the book and it really flowed very well.
Maria
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Abridged from my blog, the Paisley Reader.

Part One: Written by Tia Bach: The opening to any book is so critical, and Bach starts off strong introducing us to some of our major characters. First up, there’s Sloan and Harley, mirror twins. Where Harley is athletic and boy popular, Sloan loves to play the guitar and boy awkward. I immediately identified with Sloan, but both girls are realistic and well written. They even have similar birthmarks on the opposite legs. The two have also recently been
Karen
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First of all, the story behind how this book came to be is pretty amazing. Five authors got together and decided to create one story together. This is not a traditional anthology in which five authors write five separate stories but one in which five authors write one continuous story--just 1/5 of that story for each author. (Jo Michaels, one of the authors, talks about the process in this blog post: http://jomichaels.blogspot.com/2015/0...)

The story was really intriguing with the world that was
booknerd_dork
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesome
*****4.5 stars*****
WoaW!! Speechless! This story is freaking Coool!! Loved it.
All the characters and their journey, the whole adventure has been roller coaster. I loved this adventure. Traversing between Fractals seemed cool, well just for Sloan as she could follow a thread where she wants to go or otherwise it's Scary! I'd never traverse between them unless it is Spirit, Calix or Mullings's fractal.
Oh my god!! Mullings just how they got described I just want to squish them with bear hug :D They
Shauna Kelley
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I was a little hesitant to read this one. I am a huge fan of Tia Bach and was excited by her next project, but the idea of five authors being able to piece together one story and one voice just seemed questionable.

I was very happily wrong.

Fractured Glass grabbed me from the first sentence. Sloan, our intrepid star, and her twin sister are under the thumb of a weirdly overprotective mom. When strange happenings in the outside world begin, they slowly realize that mom's overprotectivenes
Angela Silverthorne
Five authors writing a novel sounds like a nightmare to me, but Fractured Glass proves it is achievable. Each author takes on a section of the book and begins to weave characters into unbelievable circumstances and challenges, traversing through dimensional worlds called fractals. Sloan and Harley Glass, sixteen year old twins" have no clue what is in store for them until there is too much "strangeness" for normal teenage angst. Raised by a single mom, they have remained clueless about their pot ...more
Jordan
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Fractured Glass is a brilliant mix of science fiction, paranormal, romance, and friendship. An anthology unlike I’ve ever experienced, Fractured Glass is a collaboration between 5 authors who each contribute a piece to the overall story. If the author bios hadn’t been between each section I would have assumed they were written by the same writer, everything flows seamlessly together into one cohesive, imaginative journey.
Cristie Alleman
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I Simply Loved reading Fractured Glass!! I haven't read anything like this before!! As other reviewers have said the story flows beautifully even though the book was written by 5 different Authors.. The characters are well developed in the story and I loved every single one of them.. Well except David Glass, buy hey someone has to be the guy!! There are so many fantasy creatures in the book, I couldn't wait to see what kind of creature would be in the next fractal.. I would love to see the story ...more
Deausha Felker-sernicola
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is different then any thing I have read before. I think all the Authors did an amazing job. Fractured Glass has something for everyone. The world is unbelievable and just amazing. My son has asked to read this because he loves Casey Bond and his mom does to!!! LOL. Pick this book up it's a must read, and you won't be disappointed !!!!
Jasmine Smith-clark
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe that this seamless story was created by 5 different authors. It was a mind -bending story that has a little bit of everything. This is a story for all ages with a little something for everyone. I truly hope that there is more to this world and I truly applaud these authors for an amazing job.
Marnie Warren
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely hands down a must read

I am absolutely blown away by the writing in this book! Four authors weaved a complex story that once I started reading, I could not put down. Great world building, descriptive writing and characters I was either rooting for or against. You want to read this. You won't be disappointed!
Brittney Puckett
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I really enjoyed this book! I was skeptic at first that they would be able to pull off a seamless story with so many authors, but they did and did it well. Great story. Great characters.
Fallon
Dec 11, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a story about twins Harley and Sloan who are sixteen and could not be more different. Both twins deal with a very protective mom and an absent dad. They are always moving and never staying the same place. Weird things start to happen and both twins develop weird marks on their thighs and then even weirder things start to happen.

The twins discover there are parallel worlds that they can both access. They also discover their dad is looking for them and may not have the best intentions. Har
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
‪#‎Review‬ Okay this was such a cool concept, it is NOT an anthology with DIFFERENT STORIES! It is ONE story told by FIVE different authors! Wow! Authors (Tia Silverthorne Bach, Jo Michaels, Casey L. Bond, Kelly Risser, and N.L. Greene) each telling a portion of a continuing science fiction/fantasy story!!
I fell in love with the concept right from the start. My concern was could they pull it off? I mean writing different stories, with a common theme such as in a collection is one thing, but five
Ashley
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I personally struggled with this book. The writing of the first author was not as action packed or exciting as it had the potential to be. Once I forced myself through the first part of the story I was enthralled, pulled into the story by the descriptive emotion and scenery provided by Ms. Bond, she has a way of using word that draw the reader in and hold on until the story ends. As I reached the final sections of the story I remained engaged in the storyline. The four authors did an amazing job ...more
Ashlee
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Definitely a fan of this world. It's a stand alone and works really well as such, but I would also love to hear more about the world. The authors did a great job of seamlessly writing one character without a change of tone (and only 1 minor error in continuity), which is impressive for a team/collab of 5 authors. The book is paranormal meets Sci-Fi.
Vonnie Hudson
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an adventure!!

I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy a book written by multiple authors. Amazing, absolutely amazing. The story flowed from author to author. I absolutely enjoyed the fractured worlds and the glimpses we were given. I truly hope there are more books in this series.
Tricia Copeland
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fractured Glass is a wonderfully fun tale about adventure, bravery, friendship, and family. The characters, worlds, and story line created for this book are completely original and very creative. I liked hearing the story through the different voices of the authors and loved the exposure to each author's style.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Five separate authors bring their own writing styles to “Fractured Glass.”

Read full review in the 2015 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Leah
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have never read a book by 5 different authors before and if I hadn’t known it was by multiple authors before reading it I wouldn’t have been able to tell. This story ran so smoothly you couldn’t tell where one author finished and the other began.
The story is a fantasy with a science fiction feel to it. That is normally not the type of books I ready but I know some of the authors and they are amazing so I figured I would give it a try and I’m so glad I did.
The story is about two girls, twin, S
Hannah (Broc's Bookcase)
This was one of these books that got better and better the further you got into it. I found it really hard to specify a genre because really it has a bit of everything: supernatural, thriller, mystery, sci-fi and romance. It's got it all!!!

So why did I like this book?

1) Twins - I have always really liked "twin stories" especially those which involve some kind of magical/supernatural link between them. Although most of the story is spent with just Sloan we do get some nice moments with both siste
Linda
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At first I was ify about the book and confused thinking this would be another time travel novel. I was way wrong. The more I read the more I realized I couldn't put the book down and wanted to know what would happen next. Yes, typical teenager emotional drama, but the book was well written and entertaining. It kept in interested and wanting more.

Some questions are left unanswered and was left with the possibility of a sequel?
Erth
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Elsa

rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2014
Jaci
Apr 05, 2015
Tia Silverthorne Bach has been married to her college sweetheart for twenty-four years, has three beautiful girls, and adores living in the beautiful state of Colorado. Her daughters were born in Chicago, San Diego, and Baltimore; and she feels fortunate to have called many places home. She believes in fairy tales and happy endings and is an avid reader and rabid grammar hound.

She is an award-win