Start by marking “The Manolo Matrix (Codebreaker Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
The Manolo Matrix (Codebreaker Trilogy #2)

The Manolo Matrix

(Codebreaker Trilogy #2)

USA Today bestselling author of The Givenchy Code Julie Kenner reloads for her second novel of high-heeled thrills as another woman gets pulled into a mysterious world of extreme gaming where she must play or die.

Published February 1st 2006 by Downtown Press

To ask other readers questions about The Manolo Matrix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Manolo Matrix

Vicki
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Picking up where the Givenchy Code stopped it takes us even more into the crazy game that Melanie and Matthew find themselves. They once again are chasing all over New York, while they have no idea who is the Gamemaster. This is just a cute mystery that combines, an FBI man, a Fashionista, and a crazy Gamemaster. Good fun! This book had a little more steam than the last, but it was all good for me. The story is delightful. On to book 3.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Disclaimer: Snark and gifs and adult language.

Rating: 2.5 stars

The characterization was one-dimensional and relied on stereotypes. Sloppy writing.

One of the characters was a Sociopath and a serial killer. She was kinda awesome. This picture is for her.

I love flamboyant gay men, but must every gay bff be so flamboyant in EVERY chick lit book. Stop relying on stereotypes.

I just had to. LOL

And did this plot line NEED a love-story? Not to me, it didn't.

This is how I felt most of the book, not the br
Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Before I say anything else, let me say that I loved this book as much as I did the first one. It's incredibly intertaining, but unfortunately it just wasn't as good as the first one.

Following in the footsteps of the first book, 'Manolo Matrix' follows Jennifer (the roommate from the first book) as she is sucked into the game as the protector of hottie FBI agent Devlin Brady. In hot pursuit is a homicidal assasin known simply as "Birdie". Where the clues to the online game turned real PSW were m
Adriana
The Manolo Matrix by Julie Kenner

This was my favorite of the Codebreaker Trilogy.

The description of the book I am listing below is from the back jacket of the book. I'm adding it because I believe the one on the Goodreads page does not depict this story.

Aspiring actress Jennifer Crane knows all about games -- the games girls play to get a guy; the games actresses play to land a part; and the good old game of credit-card roulette. (How else is a girl supposed to afford her shoes?) But she never
Samantha
While this wasn't bad, it wasn't what I had been expecting. Perhaps I should have read the first book (which I might do since I like Mel more), but the clues in this book, while definitely well-researched, were also far-fetched. Every single time the characters "figured out" a clue, it seemed like they were going completely off the hip with their guesses.
I also wasn't a huge fan of Jenn. She wasn't deep enough to be a main character in my opinion. On the other hand, I thought Devlin was a fantas
Antof9
Dec 31, 2008 rated it liked it
This is the perfect book for sitting on the back deck in the sun! I read it on Monday(6/5/06), and loved it. Of course, now I want to read The Givenchy Code, but I'm pleased to report it is totally not necessary to the enjoyment of this one :)

Here's the email I fired off to a friend just minutes before finishing this:

subject: Any interest. . .
. . . in a slightly trashy piece of chick lit mystery that takes place in NY and has loads of Broadway references?

I think she'd like it, but perhaps my not
Mary Grace Nakao
Dec 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I bought this book from a "thrift bookstore" (Im not really sure how you call it XD) and thought that I really got my money back.

I enjoyed reading this the whole time, there were some actions and some humour going around a bit. There were times where in things were said / done even if it is utterly unnecessary but it was okay. This book is a little bit sensual too, not really my thing so thank goodness it does not revolve around s@#, but it does however, talk a fare amount of lusting over someo
Mandy
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
I remembered really liking the first book, but this one was a little slow for me. The romance was too instant and forced. It was hard to believe that Devlin went from being so depressed that he didn't care if he lived to thinking he wanted to survive and be all that he can be. A lot of the Broadway clues were lost on me since I'm not a huge fan, but the descriptions of the places in New York were vivid and fantastic. It made me miss the city. I'm mildly curious as to who is behind the game so I ...more
Sharon
Jun 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
I had read the Givenchy Code (which is apparently the first book of a trilogy) and enjoyed it. I gave this bood a low rating because I felt I was reading the same story again, but instead of Melanie having a toxin delivered to her and having to find and antidote, Melanie's roommate Jenn has a toxin delivered and has to find an antidote. Same story, different characters, different clues (which were all based on Broadway musicals that I couldn't care less about and had no way of solving). I imagin ...more
Maria (Ri)
I stayed up quite late last night to finish this one because I couldn't put it down! I really liked the clues in this one - all dealing with Broadway musicals! It was as fast paced as the first one, but I didn't enjoy the romance as much between Jenn and Devlin as much as Mel and Matthew in the first one. This one felt a little more contrived to me. I am looking forward to the third and final book of the series, The Prada Paradox, where we will finally find out who is the mastermind behind PSW.
Ashleigh Cartmill
Apr 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, romance
This book was just as much fun as the first in the trilogy. I loved how we got Broadway references this time, as opposed to simple codes. It was great to learn more about Jennifer as well. I liked seeing her relationship with Melanie and getting to see how Melanie and Stryker are doing. I love this series and can't wait to read the last book.
Jordan
Jul 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I have to say, while I still enjoyed the book, it wasn't nearly as good as the first in the series. I loved the role switching with the FBI agent being the target and the aspiring Broadway actress as the underestimated protector. I definitely have plans to read the last in the series and cannot wait to finally discover who is behind the twisted reality game.
Sherri Bryant
Feb 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, mystery
I couldn't put this book down! Very fast read; I loved the fast pace of the story; every page made me want to keep turning the pages to find out what is going to happen next. I hate to see the series end but I'm so curious to see who is behind the game.
Columbine
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Action/suspense, musical theater, and romance - what's not to like? Clip an extra pair of suspenders onto your disbelief and pop this one in your beach bag along with some Broadway soundtracks. It's a great summer read.
Kim
Aug 14, 2007 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 of 3 in the series. This is just as good as book one and it is good to see the same characters carried over from the Givenchy Code. This has the same exiting action and romance scenes. With interesting codes to try to figure out with the leading lady and her man.
Leslie
Jun 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
I am in between 3/4 stars. While I liked the story line, the romance felt a little flat to me. There was no romantic (read sexual tension) build-up.
I definitely emotionally involved in this trilogy and can't wait to read the final book.
Sarah Mae
Nov 08, 2010 rated it liked it
I didn't like it as much as the first one but the Broadway puzzles were interesting. I'm going to wait a bit before I read the last one.
Krystal
Jun 03, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chicklit
so far this book is going alright. Though it doesn't have consistantly good writing, there are moments of genius that keep me interested. I guess I'll have to see where this goes, but its not bad
Erica
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it

Dec 13, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit, thriller
Sequel to The Givenchy Code, and honestly it was pretty much the exact same book all over again. But a fun beach read.
Uma
Jan 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
great read and plenty funny
Beth A
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Mind candy. Beach read.
Ariana Ruíz
Entretenido. se lee rápido pero hay muchas novela de suspenso mejores. esta de regular a buena. nada del otro mundo
Calli
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
How is this book getting good ratings? It is almost identical to The Givenchy Code.
Aysha
Dec 26, 2011 is currently reading it
I like this book very much. It was really dramatic and exciting, I loved the way Jennifer and Devlin come together to sole the mystery. Overall I think it is a must read.
Betsy
Aug 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
More believable than givinchy code. Good action, though dunno about the accuracy of the "scavenger hunt."
Kathy Davie
Sep 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Code-breaking, 2

A twist on the game and just as action-packed and intense.
colleen
Nov 09, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: scpl, romance
read 09.09.07
Jayne
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
it was a fun, quick read. i didn't know all the broadway references that were in the book but it was good fun.
Robin
May 27, 2008 rated it liked it
Fast-paced and hard to put down. Clues relate to broadway shows, and places in Manhattan. I liked it.
  • Killer Summer
  • The Key (Rachel Benjamin, #3)
  • Hit Reply
  • Notes From The Underbelly
  • Spanish Disco
  • Dixieland Sushi
  • Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)
  • Mean Season
  • Midori by Moonlight
  • Ink Flamingos (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Blame It On Paris
  • Wedding Season
  • If Andy Warhol Had a Girlfriend
  • Wish
  • A Stranger's Touch (Psychic Triplet Trilogy, #2)
  • You Have To Kiss A Lot Of Frogs
  • Bride and Doom (Carnegie Kincaid, #6)
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and International bestselling author of over seventy novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New York Tim

Codebreaker Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Givenchy Code (Codebreaker Trilogy, #1)
  • The Prada Paradox (Codebreaker Trilogy, #3)