Start by marking “The Fall of the Dagger (The Forsaken Lands, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Fall of the Dagger (The Forsaken Lands, #3)

The Fall of the Dagger

(The Forsaken Lands #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  212 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Sorcerers, pirates, and thieves collide in this thrilling conclusion to Glenda Larke's epic fantasy adventure series, The Forsaken Lands.
Published April 19th 2016 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about The Fall of the Dagger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fall of the Dagger

really liked it 4.00  ·

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
There are a lot of reasons Glenda Larke is one of my favorite authors: 1. Her beautiful, seemingly effortless writing that lets me just sit back and immerse myself in the story, 2. Her exotic world-building that always takes me to the coolest places (all of you Sanderson fans clamoring for more in the Sixth of Dusk world should pick up a Glenda Lark series for the same encompassing atmospheres spread throughout her trilogies), 3. Her characters, who aren’t perfect, but are endearing in their hum ...more
Ryan Mueller
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, epic-fantasy
This was another good read in a trilogy I enjoyed quite a bit. There's plenty of action and heroic characters you want to root for. The climax didn't quite have the punch I would have liked in a series finale, and that brings down my overall opinion of the book and series. It's still a good read, but I didn't like it quite as much as Larke's Stormlord trilogy.

Rating: 8/10
Ryan
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally Posted at: https://civilianreader.wordpress.com/

The Forsaken Lands series has been my favorite fantasy series of the past year or so. The first two books of this series were so good that I’ve been eagerly awaiting the release of the final installment, The Fall of the Dagger. Easily my most anticipated book of 2016, I’m happy to say that Larke more than delivered the goods with this finale.

With the previous volumes of this epic fantasy trilogy, Larke crafted compelling and likeable cha
Stephanie  G
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Saker, Sorrel, and Ardhi travel back home to discover the shrines have disappeared. Saker’s king has gone mad and it’s up to them to save the land from evil sorcery. With Ardhi’s climbing ability, Sorrel’s magical camouflage, and Saker’s bond with birds, they fight to take their land back from sorcery.

The Fall of the Dagger is the third book in Larke’s The Forsaken Lands trilogy. While Larke finishes the story in a satisfying way, I found the ending and interwoven story lines lacked lus
Wayne Inkster
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent end to a trilogy that I thoroughly enjoyed. Saker, Sorrel & Ardhi face their greatest challenges yet.
Kristobelle
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, providedbypub
But, I don't want it to be over..!! RTC.
Deirdre
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Well that's an interesting end to the series, scope to return to the world (which was satisfyingly complex for me) and I enjoyed how people had different motivations and purposes and things were not simple for the chosen ones.

Oh man, that was a series that caught me and kept me interested.  Magic and evil and a complex society that wasn't predictable, all good, my kind of read.
Judy
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third book in this trilogy keeps the story going at the same pace and is a real page turner. I really enjoyed it and am very sad to have reached the end.
Tsana Dolichva
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Fall of the Dagger by Glenda Larke is the final book in the Forsaken Lands trilogy. I have previously read and reviewed the first two books, The Lascar's Dagger and The Dagger's Path. I should warn you, the very blurb for The Fall of the Dagger contains spoilers for the earlier two books, as will my review.

I have always enjoyed Glenda Larke's work and The Forsaken Lands trilogy has been no exception. I definitely see myself rereading it at some point, especially since I expect the trilogy wi
Phillip Berrie
This is the final of the Forsaken Lands trilogy where all of the various threads of the story are all brought together and tied off neatly.

As is Glenda Larke's normal style, the book is well researched and written and it was good to see all the various storylines resolved in a sensible and realistic manner with some of the main characters even making small sacrifices for the greater good, which are possibly at odds with what they really want.

The only reason why I have given this book 4 stars (4
Helen Venn
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this, the third book in 'The Forsaken Lands' trilogy, disgraced witan, Saker, and his fellow terrion members, Sorrel and Ardhi, arrive back from the Summer Seas to find that much has changed in the two years of their absence.

In 'The Fall of the Dagger', armed only with their witcheries and the magical gifts given them by the Chenderawesian Rani (which they have no idea how to use), Saker, Sorrel and Ardhi together with Adronnese privateer Lord Juster must take on the sorcerer and his army as
Hope
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this book mostly because I liked this trilogy as a whole. I was already deep into the characters and story and awaiting what happened next!

I don't mean to say I was disappointed in the ending but this was my least favorite of the three books. My biggest qualm being that the ending seemed rushed. At times I felt more like I was reading a summary than an actual novel. Part of this comes from the final "take down" being rather anticlimactic. The other part is that, while I have been investe
Ruth
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spec-fic
c2016: FWFTB: Excommunicated, sorcerer, illusionist, islander, feather: Nicely concluded and, I think in retrospect probably the best one of the trilogy. It gets very dark and there is an uncomfortable scene featuring a 17 year old mid-way through the book which I am not terribly sure about. The result of the action did get rid of one character in the end and there was a teeny-weeny bit of an insight into the mind of the baddie but I am still not 100% sure that that particular action was require ...more
Cindy
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I read (devoured?) this in less than 24 hours... I think that sums up how I feel about book 3.

I really enjoyed this series. There were all the things I love in a book. Flawed heroes. A great magic system. A large, well developed world. A truly evil villain (tho' there are several characters that are neither hero nor villain, but a bit of both). A little romance. Some heart-wrenching deaths (but not too many). Even the politics (not my usual taste) was well balanced.

Actually, I think well bal
Nick Brett
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
The end of the trilogy and doesn’t quite live up to the previous two books. It seems to take itself more seriously than the others and does come to a bit of an abrupt end.
You do need to read the others first, and here we find the good guys (and girl) returning from the South islands to find that a sorcerer is Pontifact and the King has gone mad and is on his death bed. Somehow the gang have to figure out how the magic feathers they were given can help right the wrongs.
Less fun than the previous
Paul Allard
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This third part of the trilogy does everything that it should: it brings the whole convoluted plot to a conclusion and brings all the main characters together in a variety of ways. Saker Rampion, Sorrel Redwing and Ardhi all work together to rid the lands of Fox's presence and influence. Other characters all have their part to play: Perie, Gerelda, Mathilda, Ryce and many others.

This is a worthy end to the story and highly recommended: I prefer this trilogy to the Stormlord one and all fantasy
Kristen
May 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-books
Normally I really like Glenda Larke's books but this one had a lot of edit errors that even I noticed (and thats really saying something!!) and I also got lost a little bit with the characters. Overall I will still look forward to any book written by her but this last book didnt make this trilogy a favorite of hers to me.
Carol Ryles
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As always Glenda Larke's world building shines along with its mix of complex and fascinating characters. Lots of surprises and twists in this compelling read. A fabulous conclusion to a fabulous trilogy. Definitely recommended.
Mark
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Fall of the Dagger caps off a very enjoyable trilogy. The more I read Glenda Larke the more I want to read Glenda Larke. The world of the Lacsar's Dagger is wonderfully constructed and leaves wide open the possibility for future books. I would be excited to read more about Saker and company.
Annette Gisby
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful end to the series. I could hardly put it down. It doesn't end on a cliffhanger, but there are subtle hints that it might be possible for a later series with some of the characters when they've grown up perhaps. I for one would certainly read if there was more in this universe :)
Bart

satisfying conclusion to Glenda's best since The Isles Trilogy
Rudi Opperman
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Great trilogy. Full of adventure and almost, shall I say, with a sense of fun.
Boneist
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series, although there is a rather large opening for a follow up book/series.
Thoraiya
Feb 06, 2017
Moritz Bøe
Oct 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Girl on the Liar's Throne (Erebus Sequence, #3)
  • Shatterwing (Dragon Wine #1)
  • Waer
  • King Breaker (King Rolen's Kin #4)
  • Sisters of the Fire (Blood and Gold, #2)
  • Flight to Eden
  • The Blood in the Beginning (Ava Sykes, #1)
  • The Summon Stone (The Gates of Good and Evil, #1)
  • Ink Black Magic (Mocklore Chronicles, #3)
  • Sing the Light (Singers of Nevya, #1)
  • Lord of the Darkwood (Tale of Shikanoko, #3-4)
  • Tyrant's Blood (Valisar, #2)
  • Giver of Roses (Guardians of Gadiel, #1)
  • Those Below (The Empty Throne #2)
  • The SteelMaster of Indwallin (The Gods Within, #2)
  • The Seventh Veil (Etsey Novels, #1)
  • The Nobleman’s Revenge (The Hanna Duology, #2)
  • The Chosen
Glenda was born in Western Australia, the daughter of a farmer. She was educated at government state schools and the University of Western Australia, where she obtained a degree in history and a diploma in education. Married to a Malaysian scientist, she has grown-up children, and now lives in Malaysia, where she is actively involved in rainforest conservation.
Author of The Isles of Glory trilogy

The Forsaken Lands (3 books)
  • The Lascar's Dagger (The Forsaken Lands, #1)
  • The Dagger's Path (The Forsaken Lands, #2)