Start by marking “Scrappy Project Management: The 12 Predictable and Avoidable Pitfalls That Every Project Faces” as Want to Read:

Projects are MESSY! From the minute the project begins, all manner of changes, surprises and disasters befall them. Unfortunately most of these are PREDICTABLE and AVOIDABLE. Tact and diplomacy can only get you so far in the wild and wacky world of project work. A combination of outrageous creativity, sheer bravado and nerves of steel will serve you far better than any fan ...more
Published September 2nd 2007 by Happy about

To ask other readers questions about Scrappy Project Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scrappy Project Management

Sara Q
Oct 15, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: stopped-reading
One of those "wish I could give negative stars" cases. I couldn't finish this book, it was so incredibly awful.

The beginning of the book is full of testimonials and quotes and other nonsense that had me thinking I had somehow found my very first piece of Kindle spam.

The writing is at the level of high school girls passing notes in class. I think the author is attempting humor, but instead it just makes her sound like she has no idea what she's talking about. The tone of the author bio in the b
Morgan Vega
May 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book is outdated now. The same points were stated over and over and over again, while significant considerations that complicated these points were never mentioned.
Dave
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018, work
Pulled this old volume off the shelf after started a new project at a new job. Nothing amazing about this one, and it would have probably made more of an impression had I never managed a project before, but it's certainly readable. The very self-assured voice of the author cuts through to the essentials of project management. If you can stand the cockiness, you might learn (or at least re-learn) a thing or two.
Muhammad Ali
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
A mixed bag of some useful project wisdom - clear, relevant and frequent communication, and customer centric Point of view holds a key to a successful project.
Daisie
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been working as a project manager for over nine years and this is the first book that really gives you the real deal! Kimberly doesn't play nice or pretty up PM...she tells it like it is! Project management is hard and messy and this book really sets your expectations and gives you real concrete advise on the ins and outs of PM.

If you are new to project management and need some tips and tricks on how to be successful this book is it!!
Lincoln
May 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
The unserious tone was more distracting than entertaining but it was a quick read and had some good high-level reminders and tips for how to effectively manage projects, which is what I was looking for.
Roy
Some useful ideas, affected how I think about the MIDDLE of projects.
Steve Whiting
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it
No rocket science here, but a quick read of solid principles and pragmatic guidance.
Marcos Moret
A pep talk with substance to back it all up. There weren't any revelations here for me, but an enjoyable read nonetheless.
Jenny
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
A good book discussing what can go wrong during projects and how to avoid those pitfalls. Good lead up material for my upcoming classes.
Jorge
Nov 12, 2012
R.L. Terrell
Mar 21, 2015
DAVID W SISSON
rated it did not like it
Jun 11, 2018