Start by marking “The Master (The Game Maker, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Master (The Game Maker, #2)

The Master

(The Game Maker #2)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  13,139 ratings  ·  1,359 reviews
A need colder than Siberian winter meets an attitude hotter than the Florida sun in #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole’s sultry new Game Maker novel.

Everyone fears the Master...

Rich, irresistible politician/Mafya boss Maksimilian Sevastyan prefers tall, obedient blondes to fulfill his... complicated desires. That is, until the icy Russian encounters a disobe
Published February 17th 2015 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about The Master, please sign up.
Amanda I don't really like BDSM based novels either, but I read this one because Kresley Cole wrote it and actually loved it. There's really only one scene,…moreI don't really like BDSM based novels either, but I read this one because Kresley Cole wrote it and actually loved it. There's really only one scene, maaaaaybe two, that I thought pushed the envelope a little bit, but even that was very mild for BDSM. Cole starts us off slow- not the sex, that's hot as ever and right from the get go!- and gently introduces some BDSM concepts. I would normally not suggest this, but if you're looking into this series, I suggest you start with this one and then read The Professional... while this one follows the events of the first, it's not ABSOLUTELY necessary to read them in order. I hope you'll give it a chance, let me know what you think!(less)
Sarah Yes, it's 1st person from Cat's (the female lead's) perspective.

·  13,139 ratings  ·  1,359 reviews

Candace
I hadn't planned on reading 'The Master' this week, but at the end of 'The Warlord Wants Forever' an extended teaser was provided. I usually skip the teasers at the end of my books, but for some reason I decided to give it a go. They weren't kidding when they said it was an "extended" teaser either! Eleven chapters later, I was so engrossed in this story that there was no way I wasn't going to finish it!

This is the second book in 'The Game Maker' series, but it can easily be read as a standalone
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★ ! The Master (stand-alone) book 2 of 3. Russian mobster’s life gets complicated by a dark beauty with a past!

Books in The Game Maker series are stand-alones, but most enjoyed if read in order:
Book 1: The Professional
Book 2: The Master
Book 3: The Player

Another book I read and never had a chance to review nor rate.

It was supposed to be for only one night…

Russian politician, businessman and mobster Maksimilian Sevastyan, Máxim hires an escort for the night. Secretive Catarina Marín, Katya on
Sammy Loves Books
I’d never felt safer with a man—or cheaper. How could he be so tender, so praising? Then so cruel? Everything with him was an extreme.
The pleasure was extreme.

smirking

I've got a new book boyfriend and his name is Maksimilian Sevastyan...just saying his name puts me in the mood to read this fabulous book all over again!! Let's call him Maxim for short. He's a mega rich Russian mob boss/ politician and he's just come to Miami to invest in shoreline property. Maxim does not believe in dating or any type
P
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
“You aren’t done with me yet?” He pinned my gaze with his own. With a surprisingly smooth accent, he told me, “Nunca voy a terminar contigo.” I’ll never be done with you.”

The Master is improved tremendously for the story which is more consistent and active than The Professional. Maksimilian isn't a tortured hero as Aleksei or Dmitri, he deals with a problem with power and dominant side of him. When Cat walks into his life and screws it up, Maksim acts as if he is a lion annoyed by a lamp. The
~IreneOust~

'The Master' promo-trailer (fan-made)

¡Dios mío!

One of THE sexiest and most entertaining books I've read in a while!

I really enjoyed the first installment, The Professional , in The Game Maker Series but this one I absolutely LOVED! Not very many authors can get away with 70/30 sex to story ratio but Kresley Cole is The Master. Pun most definitely intended!

I adored both characters!

Cat immediately landed on the'top five of my most favorite heroines ever written' list. She is fun, witty, easy
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kresley Cole Fans, Romance
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 Best Guilty Pleasure Ever Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-A Wendy Disclaimer:
Please read all of the other fantastic reviews for more story/detail content

I was looking at my Update Feeds and saw all of my friends hitting like/comment on Deanna <3 Pink Lady<3's Review for The Master. I read the review and was blown away...and intrigued...for it was an ode to the book but also a thank you to Irene Oust for the recommendation. After reading the review, I had to add my two cents; my comment expl
Pam
5 fucktastic stars
“I see you, hear you, smell you, feel you. You should be haunted by men.”

The Master spins a highly erotic tale of “The hobbyist and his courtesan."

Maksimilian Sevastyan is six and a half feet of hard-bodied Russian ruthlessness and Catarina Marín, is the sassy latina looking to reclaim her life, forcing him to operate outside his carefully planned script. She is the fuel to his fire, their passion is unstoppable, and the game they play could leave them burned...

I absolutel
Sophia Triad
Absolutely AWESOME!

"You aren’t done with me yet?" He pinned my gaze with his own. With a surprisingly smooth accent, he told me, "Nunca voy a terminar contigo." I’ll never be done with you.

This ticked all the boxes for becoming a favourite book:

1. good love story,
9. lots of fun,
10. a mixture of three different powerf
Dee Montoya
1000 Stars*********************************************************

(This book was a gift from my sweet friend Irene)

The Master was one of those books that deeply resonated with me. Everything about the story ignited something powerful inside me. The strong characters, the hilarious and steamy plot and the fact that the story was set in Miami, made this book absolute perfection to me.

photo image_zpsnfoxmtda.png

Muchas gracias, Botox.

Cat is a woman who is running from the past. She made one huge mistake that has cost he
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Amazon US * Amazon UK

THE MASTER is a story my very good friend urged me to read FOREVER, finally I did and this just proves I should always trust my friends because this book is EVERYTHING I love about love and romance stories.

The protagonist's, Maksim and Catarina, set the scene with their equally rich histories. A Russian billionaire, who's one of Europe’s most eligible bachelors and a powerful politician, shares the page with a heroine whom finds herself confronted with the gorgeous billiona
Vanessa
5 Little Witch Meets DDG Stars!!!

"How much will it cost to let me do anything I desire to you?” What would a guy like this— gorgeous, rich, condescending— want? “Some things aren’t on the table.” A flash of anger. “Everything is on my table, little girl.”

This book was fan-freaking-tastic!!! Wow!! My last couple of personal reads have been just ok so I was ready for something to blow me away and THIS totally did just that!!!

photo GerardButler_zps8a959469.jpg

photo d76b617a837230f9d87749ffd6c2417e_zps9b1c36ba.jpg

It's totally a fun, sexy version of Pretty Woman, Russian mafiya
Beverly
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So I discovered Kresley Cole’s AWESOME books on Goodreads when I read some of my friend’s reviews. This is my second book so far and I am hooked. I love her writing, it’s so descriptive without being wordy. Then there is the way she describes things, it’s in such a way that you can truly see and feel for the characters. No joke, I want to read all her book now!

The Master is the second book in this series, but focuses on different characters. It was recommended to me to read them in order and I a
Cristina
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Cristina by: Teri
This book left me...

description

After Teri recommended me this novel (thanks so much hon :*) I immediately read the blurb, liked it and got the book. Once I started reading it I could not put it down.

description

Well...because this book has 4 key ingredients that make a great novel for me.

1. Good writing (most of the books I DNF are because the writing makes me want to claw out my eyes)

2. A strong female heroine...and this book has one of the most strong and brave women I have met in my books.

3. A hot billionaire maf
Melanie A.
5 STARS!
I was his sun.
Gah! The Master was exactly my kind of book!

Nothing better than a story where the hero and heroine are evenly matched, each giving as good as they get, over and over again. The back and forth sparring between Cat and Maxim was fabulous! Plus, there was humor, hot sex, and a dash of angst. I couldn't have asked for more (except maybe for the time needed to write a proper review.)

On to book 3!
Vishous
3.5

First 75% of this book was sex.... sex.... just sex....lots of sex.. sex inside of sex... orgasms... lots of orgasms... multiple orgasms... orgasms inside of orgasms....

The rest of the % was some plot which I expected to be through the whole book by the way it started ....

Let me tell you just one thing:

If Maxim was in my bed... I could die happy.

ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Everyone fears the Master…

Rich, irresistible politician/Mafiya boss Maksimilian Sevastyan

Except her....a disobedient brunette whose exquisite little body threatens his legendary restraint.

If they escape the deadly threats surrounding them, can Maksim overcome his past—to offer Cat his future?

The girl can write! Kresley Cole delivered another winner. It's all here - good plot, good sex, good characters, great one
TF
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An abundance of "el sexo muy caliente" with somewhat of a story thrown in :-).

AJ
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Dance like nobody’s watching. Fuck like everyone is."

4.5 Smut-tastic stars

Holy hell, Kresley Cole writes some good smut, and she has outdone herself with this one! The second in The Game Maker series, this book features Russian billionaire, politician and Mafya boss, Maksimilian Sevastyan (brother of Aleksander from book 1 – The Professional). Maxim and Cat’s story is hot and heavy, but still with some emotion, and I absolutely loved it!

Maksim is ruthless and demanding. He knows what he wants a
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

photo 5ae020b0bd3ce802ee52bdb758d240be_zpsvpc0wnc6.jpg

5 Dios Mio Sexy Stars!!!

He's filthy rich, impossibly handsome, and simply irresistible. He's Russian Mafia Boss and a Politician. Maksimilian (Maksim) Savastyan prefers his playthings tall, obedient, and blonde to fulfill his specific needs.....that is until the icy cold Russian meets his match in a disobedient young latina whose sexy little body tests his legendary restraint.

Cat is a 22 yr old student who cleans houses for the wealthy in Miami, she was not always so disparate and poor she a
Bj
4.5 "The Russian Meets His Cuban Match" Stars! Kresley Cole amps up the heat in Miami with this incredibly hot, erotic read! Having fallen in love with Ms. Cole's breed of erotic, contemporary romance in the first book of the Game Maker Series, the Professional, I just could not pass up the opportunity to dive back in to the sexy Russian mafia world in The Master. Boy am I glad I did! I have to say that there are very few writers who can write hot passionate scenes like Ms. Cole. The chemistry b ...more
Malene
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Master by Kresley Cole was freaking awesome. Wow! What a fun and very sexy ride. I absolutely loved and admired Cat. She was the perfect in every sense of the word. Her intellect, brazenness and passion were just some of her wonderful qualities. I connected with her immediately and her first meeting with the Ruso Maxim was so deliciously erotic. Maxim was mysterious and sexy as hell but most of all he was a romantic at heart. He was wonderfully flawed, had experienced abuse and loss. How Cat ...more
Hana ♡
5 Sexy Russian meets feisty Cuban Stars!

So compared to the first book in this series I didn't expect things to be so flamin' hot. The first book definitely had more of a plot and action filled events. This was a bit slower with not as much happening but lots of HOT.AS.HELL.SEX

Basically our Heroine Kat is hiding from some sort of past, and takes an escort job for her friend one day. Maxim is the lucky customer and believes she is a very experienced lady of the night. He doesn't like how such stro
Valentina "TinchyB"
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this one!
Crazy Russian mobster and a Cuban mamacita...perfect couple!
Love her sass and foul mouth, finally a strong heroine how I love them.
And their hot scenes was just bonus.
Perfect read!
Aisling Zena
5 lock and key stars

Rich, irresistible politician/Mafiya boss Maksimilian Sevastyan prefers tall, obedient blondes to fulfill his…complicated desires. That is, until the icy Russian encounters a disobedient brunette whose exquisite little body threatens his legendary restraint.

Except her.

Catarina Marín was a well-off young wife until her world fell apart. Now she’s hiding out, forced to start working as an escort in Miami. Her very first client is beyond gorgeous, but when he tells her what he p
Violina The Romance Lover
5 "I’ll never be done with you" stars

“All I can think about is him. His body. It’s like I’m drugged. My brain goes on a loop, replaying things we’ve done, imagining things we’ll do. I walk around in this lust-fueled haze.”

This is my second book by this author and I am once again blown away by her! I love her style, the stories, characters and humour!
This book is by far one of the hottest books and the sex scenes weren't to much to handle, there were just sizzling hot in the best way!

Ma
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
One night is all Cat signed up for. One night to get the money she needs to get out of town, and start over…again. Cat cleans houses and one of her clients has clients of a different kind. After a Botox debacle, Cat agrees to fill in for her. One time only. Helps them both out right?

The sexy Russian politician/Mafia boss Maksim has a certain kind of proclivity in bedmates and bed play. The lovely young lady who just entered his world is nothing like his usual. AT. ALL. He is a dangerous man wit
Jacqueline
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rare-2016
Oh I do love a good billionaire story. Yes I know they're ridiculous, but I don't care if the chemistry is right and the smut is good and there's a decent, well paced romance in there and this really delivered on all of my little billionaire book criteria.

On the surface, the plot doesn't sound that original. Sassy, bright girl who has fallen on hard times and is on the run in fear for her life is forced into high class prostitution. On her very first outing she meets hawt young self-made billio
CC
Wow! I loved it!

There were times I thought I might kill the heroine for being inane, but mostly, I thought she and Maxim were hilarious. Not sure if hilarity is what Ms. Cole was going for, but I laughed my ass off. Their interaction and verbal sparing was priceless!

I liked that they both kept themselves distant emotionally, but I believe Max fell first. I also liked that Lucia was strong and did NOT take his shit! He totally deserved her walking out the door and I was so glad she did! Plus he
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“I didn’t speak lies.
I just lived them.”
- Catarina Marín

* * *
“I’d lived as a social hermit, then I’d been thrust into a crush of new people. I’d gone from broke and scraping pennies to a shopping spree worth half a mil. I’d been abstinent, then glutted with sex. I’d been convinced I might not live to see my thirties—much less remarry—then I’d fallen in love with a man who wanted everything from me.”
- Catarina Marín

* * *
“We were intertwined. In sync. Lock and key. Our bodies, our lives.”
- Ana Luc
Stephanie • Ideally Inspired
In a few words: This story went beyond the steamy scenes, and the character development was organic and believable.

I lost my heart to a Russian.

Not just any Russian, but a Russian Mafiya boss with a very dirty mouth, and a gorgeous face.

That's right, Maksimilian "Maksim" Sevastyan has officially made his way into my heart.

This book was told from Lucia Catarina Marín's (the heroine) POV, and at first, I found the way her narration was written (bi-lingual--Spanish/English) was a little off-put
Immortals After Dark: KC Giveaway 1 48 Feb 16, 2015 04:12PM

• The Enforcer (Untamed Hearts, #3)
  • Exposed by Fate (Serve, #2)
  • His Wicked Promise (MacKay, #2)
  • Glass Cage
  • Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
  • The Price of Pleasure
  • Power Play (Pleasure Playground #2)
  • Piercing Ecstasy (The Guardians of the Realms, #5)
  • Wild Ride
  • The Queen (The Original Sinners, #8)
  • The Waltz (Sexual Awakenings, #1)
  • Sex and the Single Vamp
  • Dark Side of the Sun
  • Hostile Takeover (Knights of the Board Room, #5)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Heat
  • The Greek's Pregnant Lover (Traditional Greek Husbands #2; Greek Tycoons #7)
  • The Taming (Black Thunder, #1)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo

The Game Maker (3 books)
  • The Professional (The Game Maker, #1)
  • The Player (The Game Maker, #3)
“This food is one hundred percent not drugged because I couldn't find any drugs.” 12 likes
“I didn’t shop. I committed retaliatory consumerism.” 11 likes