Start by marking “Dark and Deadly” as Want to Read:
Dark and Deadly

Dark and Deadly

(Shifters Unbound #2.5 Incl)

Eight hot paranormal romances by New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors. Alpha-male bad boys will fulfill your darkest, most deadliest desires in these stories about shifters, werewolves, vampires, magic, special powers and other realms. But only if you dare…

Featuring the bad boy heroes of:

BODYGUARD by Jennifer Ashley
Elizabeth Chapman is saved from an armed attacke
Kindle Edition
Published April 12th 2014 by Fire Flower Publishing, LLC

Reading In Pajamas
Dark and Deadly: Eight Bad Boys of Paranormal Romance by Jennifer Ashley, Alyssa Day, Felicity Heaton, Erin Kellison, Laurie London, Erin Quinn, Bonnie Vanak and Caris Roane
Publication Date: April 12, 2014
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/Donna
Rated: 4.5 Stars
Blog Post: http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-1bc

Melindeeloo
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark and Deadly Bad Boys who are soooo good....

The Bodyguard - Jennifer Ashley - I read this novella when it was previously published on its own - If you haven't read it, the story is worth the current .99 price of this anthology by itself . From my review of the novella ...What a nice surprise to find this Shifters Unbound connected short, I actually really like this series and it was fun to see the past leads in supporting roles, but I really loved bear shifter Ronan, he was a real honey, big and p
Laura the Highland Hussy
review posted on Got Fiction? book blog

When you buy an 8 book anthology for 99 cents, if you find one story you liked, I consider that a win. I wanted this anthology for the Alyssa Day story alone. Everything else was just bonus at that point. But I've been waiting for Alejandro's Sorceress for years.

Now I did DNF 1 story in this antho, but with 7 others, you really can't go wrong! There is something for everybody here.

Quick ratings:

Bodyguard by Jennifer Ashley- 5 stars
Bodyguard
Erin Burns
Apr 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-nook
Dark and Deadly: Eight Bad Boys of Paranormal Romance
by Jennifer Ashley, Alyssa Day, Felicity Heaton, Erin Kellison, Laurie London, Erin Quinn, Bonnie Vanak, Caris Roane

I already have Bodyguard by Jennifer Ashley, but I’ll pay $1.07 for a look at the rest of the stories.

BODYGUARD (Shifters Unbound #2.5) by Jennifer Ashley
Elizabeth Chapman is a store owner with a past she is hiding from and Ronan is just a big old teddy bear of a shifter who fosters a bunch of
Jennifer Ashley
Apr 09, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Eight paranormal romances with bad boy alpha heroes. Authors are: Jennifer Ashley; Alyssa Day; Felicity Heaton; Caris Roane; Erin Kellison; Erin Quin; Laurie London; and Bonnie Vanak. Many of these stories are brand new!

Out now at:

Amazon

Nook

Kobo

Apple iBooks
Melissa
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: I'll reviewed each book under it's own title.

I have to say on the whole I really enjoyed this novella set. Even a couple of these were what I would consider full length novels. This is a set of books for adults (a few of them were very hot and all had smex in them) who enjoy PNR. It is a great introduction to series you have either been curious about or are actual introductions to a new series. After all the stories, you get a look into the series the novellas occupy with some introductio
Tracey
I haven't read the whole book yet but have read Bewitched by Felicity Heaton.

Bewitched is an enjoyable erotic vampire romance. I didn't connect with characthers as much as have in Felicity's other series's, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good read as it is ! full of vamps and witches and lots of sex.

There's another 7 more book to read too - this bundle is a bargain.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Dark and Deadly Stars ~

This is a fabulous box set with a verity of PNR from light to dark to erotica. Something for everyone! Super bargain deal! 8 books and we get shifters, far, vampires, and werewolves. My favorite’s in this set are Bodyguard, Bewitch, and Alejandro’s Sorceress.

My Review On Each Book

~ 5 Stars ~ Bodyguard is #2.5 in Jennifer Ashley Shifters Unbound series. Each novella can be read only, but they fit perfectly in the book series. I get goosebumps every time I read Bodyguard. It is my favorBook
Cynthia
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
BODYGUARD by Jennifer Ashley

Elizabeth Chapman is saved from an armed attacker by a Kodiak bear who shifts into a tight-bodied, naked human male. Ronan takes Elizabeth to Shiftertown, becoming her 24/7 bodyguard. The mateless Ronan has adopted a houseful of orphaned Shifters--having grown up in foster care, Elizabeth is touched by his protectiveness. Ronan only wants to keep Elizabeth safe, but the sassy woman is triggering his long-buried need to mate.

I really enjoyed this novel
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. Body Guard by Jennifer Ashley: This is about the Bear Shifter that has foster kids. Good mostly full length book. Just one sex scene and it was a bit detailed but there was only one so I appreciated that.
2. Alejandro's Sorceress by Alyssa Day: Really liked the story line for this book. I need to check but I think there was just one sex scene.
3. Bewitched by Felicity Heaton: Erotica...Loved the story line not the sex so much but erotica is not my thing.
4. Darkness Falls by Erin Ke
Claire
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the first story in this collection and is now definitely an author I would like to read. The rest. Gotta admit I was a little lost. I guess it's a case of 'you must have read others by these authors.'
Betty
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark and Deadly: Eight Bad Boys of Paranormal Romance by Jennifer Ashley

Very intriguing and engaging reading by Ms. Ashley.I'm happy to say that she has written a fantastic storyline and engaging characters you'll find complexity ,dramatic scenes and plenty of🔥!💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟
Dawn
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
I skipped a few books in the series but the ones I did finish were good.
Djg
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this anthology but some of the stories are part of a series and not really stand alone. For that reason, sometimes it felt like jumping onto a moving train.

Bodyguard by Jennifer Ashley. 3 Stars.
In Austin, Texas humans and shapeshifters co exist though the shifters are relegated to various "shifter towns" and treated as second class citizens with extra laws restricting them.

Elizabeth is on store owner who allows shifters to shop in her store. She takes care
The UHQ Nasanta
3 stars

#1: Bodyguard by Jennifer Ashley - 3 stars
I wasn't sure I liked bear shifters but I liked Ronan. He was a big bear with a soft heart. I liked the humor: "Ronan went after her without hesitation. There was nothing better than a cute female with the hottest ass he'd ever seen ordering him around. Behind him he heard Olaf say, a little fearfully, 'Ronan...he will punish Lizbeth?' 'No, sweetie,' Rebecca said. 'But she might punish him.'" I wasn't sure about the world and of the collars the shift/>#1:
Pansy
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
As I have mentioned before, I digging into my archives. This one isn't too bad, only a couple of years old and most of these stories have been release individually by the authors. But really, why buy more books when I have this?

However, I found after reading the first story - Bodyguard by Jennifer Ashley (4 stars) - that this collection can very well lead you to buying more books. This was in the Shifter's Unbound series, book #2.5. Although this can stand alone, I fell in love with
Denise
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When offered the opportunity read and review this eight book box set it was a bit daunting, so I decided that rather than eating the entire desert buffet in one sitting, I would start off with a couple of new treats to satisfy that reading sweet tooth. Being familiar with several of the authors' works offered up in this bundle it was my choice to go for the unfamiliar and try out some new treats. I was certainly not disappointed and must say the two I have read so far alone are more than worth t ...more
Elaine
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This e-book actually contains 8 full stories and teaser extracts by the authors to promote their other novels. If you like a range of paranormal stories with strong, male roles and some feisty females most of these stories will appeal to you. There are some definitely different scenarios in these stories, starting with Bodyguard by Jennifer Ashley where shape shifters have been 'outed' and now live in segregated communities and racial prejudice is rampant. The characters are developed well in an ...more
Ellen
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really just got this collection to read two books in it.

1- ALEJANDRO’S SORCERESS by Alyssa Day
He’s a warrior, hardened by years of protecting his town from vampire attack. She’s a garden witch who sees the world in shades of sunshine and delight. Opposites don’t only attract, they go supernova in this sizzling tale of magic and mayhem.
This was a really nice light read. I enjoyed this one a lot.
2-THE FORBIDDEN LIFE OF ALEX MOORE by Erin Quinn
Alex’s mission: Kill the hellhou
Dawn
Well there is the Good, the Bad, and the Oh-My-GOD-What-Were-They-Thinking in this set. I rated and commented on all 8 books. Stuff with 4-5 stars I would definitely read, the rest I leave up to your own discretion...

Bodyguard - 3 stars
It was Meah. It had it's good parts like the fight and it had some really bad parts like how the shifters were treated. I mean COME ON, there is no way in this day and age that the US would treat people like that. And because of that this story was mo
Tracie R
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have not reviewed all of the books yet but here is my review for Darkness Falls (Reveler #1) by Erin Kellison

Malcolm Rook was recruited by the Chimera as a teenager. Now Malcolm is hunting the Reve for new recruits with the rarest of talents.

Jordan Lane is headed to the Envoi for a so called girls night out with her sister, one that she has spent everything she has to attend. Jordan has read so much about this place and it not so sure this is such a good idea.

As they delve into t
Birgit
Jan 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I put a comment for each book in this 8-story book under the comments part for this book.
I really liked 2 of them (Bodyguard by Jennifer Ashley, and Rogue's Passion by Laurie London) mostly liked the rest with the exception of one or two which were just about okay.
Overall, it is a nice mix of paranormal characters, some of the stories better than others, but if you download a pack like this, there are bound to be differences in the quality. Add to that it was a free kindle download,
Jacqueline Noir
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark and Deadly: Eight Bad Boys of Paranormal Romance is a box set that has a little bit of everything for everyone. There are eight books dealing with different types of paranormal: shifters, vampires, witches and unknown worlds. These books are either prequels or connected stories to each author’s previous series, which gives readers a great way to find new books to add to their library. I personally enjoyed Jennifer Ashley’s The Bodyguard and the sexy, bear shifter Ronan. One of my other favo ...more
Debbie
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I read this set in just a few hours. Of the stories, my favorites were: Alejandro's Sorceress by Alyssa Day and The Bodyguard by Jennifer Ashley.

Alyssa Day is on my top 5 author list so I knew I would enjoy her story. It was a delightful read with crisp dialogue, amazing characterization, and a true talent for world-building. I have all of her books and have never been disappointed with any of them. The wait for her books is excruciating!

Jennifer Ashley was a new author f
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, adult, romance
What a bargain! For £0.77, you get 8 books that although might be part of a series can ALL be read as standalones. I have returned to worlds already known (Bewitch by Felicity Heaton, Rogue's Passion by Laurie London and Trapped by Caris Roane) although the stories were the first time I had read them; and entered new ones, much to my delight. All of these books are definitely worth reading and I have followed up on more than one of them.

These books will take you on a ride so sit back
Daniela
I will only review the stories I read. I like anthologies because it gives me a sample of new authors.

6/7/2018- Alejandro's Sorceress -

2014 - 4 Stars....
THE FORBIDDEN LIFE OF ALEX MOORE by Erin Quinn
The story is intriguing. The writing flows very nicely. Very sensual. Unique similes. My only gripe is that he has too good of a working knowledge of pop culture for a non- human soldier from another world who is here to rid our world of demon hellhounds. However, I like that
Karen Roma
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Books I've read from this boxed set to date are:

BODYGUARD by Jennifer Ashley.....

Ms Ashley is always at the top of my reading list and this is another example of her enthralling writing!! Great characters and a riveting plot. Nothing beats a Shifter Unbound tale!!!

BEWITCH by Felicity Heaton.....

As readers we regularly say that we continue to read an author’s books because they always deliver. This statement is supported by the knowledge that not on
Sheena (biblio.boppity.books)
I like reading box sets like this in general because sometimes it's good to get a nice, quick, enjoyable read in, in between larger books.

I was really quite pleased with this collection of stories. There were 2 that I didn't care for as much, but my slight dislike of those stories weren't due to bad writing or story line, they simply weren't my thing. Still good though.

The 1st two stories were my absolute favorite, but I did enjoy all the stories overall. Usually there's
Karin
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is just for Darkness Falls, Book 1 in the Reveler Series.

It's a new world where dreams can be shared and nightmares are awakened. Agent Malcolm Rook of Chimera is on the lookout for new talent and stumbles on a goldmine in Jordan Lane. Jordan is only trying to protect her impulsive younger sister Maisie (Maze) when she takes her first trip to Envoi, the ship where passengers go to Reve. Jordan's life is changed in one night.

If you're looking for another world with da
Tracy
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love paranormal stories that are hot, dark & sexy with a generous portion of passion, action & adventure then the 'Dark & Deadly' boxset is a must read!!

8 really great reads from eight interesting authors.... Ranging from one of my favourite authors as well as a few ladies that I've had the pleasure of reading previously, through to 3 writers I hadn't been introduced to before.

I thoroughly enjoyed the stories in the D&D anthology and wouldn't hesita
« previous 1 3 next »
My review for Each of the 8 1 11 Apr 23, 2014 11:45PM

• Trapped (Blood Rose Tales #1)
  • Sizzling Hot Alpha Male Paranormal Romance Box Set
  • The Mating Heat (Werewolves of Montana, #0.5)
  • Kiss of Christmas Magic
  • Wicked Hot Reads
  • Dangerous Dozen Romantic Suspense Boxed Set
  • Seductive Supernaturals: 12 Tales of Shapeshifters, Vampires & Sexy Spirits
  • Fated Mates: The Alpha Shifter Boxed Set
  • Hearts of the Anemoi Bundle (Hearts of the Anemoi, #1-3)
  • Gathering Darkness
  • Tall, Dark & Alpha Boxed Set
  • Darlings of Paranormal Romance
  • Shifter Fated Mates Boxed Set
  • Bewitch (London Vampires, #5)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical, contemporary, and paranormal romance, historical mysteries, and urban fantasy as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have been translated into many different languages, and earned starred reviews from Booklist and Publisher's Weekly. More about her books at http://www.jenniferashley.com, http://www.allysonjames.com, and http://gardnermysteries.com.

Shifters Unbound (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1)
  • Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)
  • Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3)
  • Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Wild Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #6)
  • Mate Bond (Shifters Unbound, #7)
  • White Tiger (Shifters Unbound, #8)
  • Guardian's Mate (Shifters Unbound, #9)
  • Red Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #10)
“Everyone’s bad at relationships until you find the relationship worth fighting for.” 1 likes
“When you lose someone you care about, it’s hard to accept that the universe doesn’t notice the huge void.” 1 likes