Start by marking “Kill Devil Hills (Kill Devil Hills, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kill Devil Hills (Kill Devil Hills, #1)

Kill Devil Hills

(Kill Devil Hills #1)

He’s twenty-four. She’s eighteen.

His life is exactly the way he’s always wanted it to be...stable.
She’s quite possibly the very definition of unstable.

Noah saved her.
Georgina never wanted to be saved.

Growing up, Noah Clark was passed from one relative to the next until he finally ended up living with his abusive, alcoholic uncle in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina. Thanks
Published August 5th 2014 (first published August 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Kill Devil Hills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Devil Hills

Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4.5**** sexy Stars

Hope your all ready to meet Dazzling, sexy, sweet and Hot Noah and he's going to become your next new book boyfriend no joke he was all in yummy. Then there's feisty but vulnerable Georgia this was a beautiful story that is a real enjoyable summer read.

photo 7711AFC5-DC3B-4138-9238-DB6CE06847FA_zpsjzunhbtw.jpg

So What's it about
It starts off at a pretty upsetting beginning, basically Georgia and the rest of her family have lost Ben (her brother), Georgia who was closest to him is struggling to live without him, so she decides to e
Soonya
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I simply loved this book!
Noah and Ellie were best friends forever. He had rough childhood and her family sort of adopted him. Ellie is a lesbian so there was never anything sexual about her and Noah.
Georgie is Ellie's younger sister who can't handle one event that happened in her life. She tries to kill herself but thankfully Noah is there on time.
From that moment on, two people who never paid much attention to each other, the connection was formed between them.She comes back home, and the roma
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Sep 16, 2014 marked it as on-kindle-waiting-to-be-read
UPDATE 6/10/15 - No longer free but is available on KU

30/8/15 - Free

Amazon UK Link - Kill Devil Hills
Amazon US Link - http://amzn.com/B00MD89D5K
Michelle
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

☆ ☆ ☆☆ 4-4.5 Sweet Noah Stars ☆ ☆ ☆☆

In our darkest moments, we can lose sight of the light, hope and love that surrounds us. For some, a great loss, heartbreak and grief can tear and rip our life apart. At that moment, we can either give up, let go, or just carry on the burden. But what if, you are not strong enough to live? Who will save you?

KillDevilHills

In Kill Devil Hills by Sarah Darlington, loss, heartbreak, grief, death, hope, love, and a second ch
RJ
description

-------------------------
About This Book:
-------------------------

This book deals with a very serious issue--suicide--but it's not a dark or depressing read. It's about what comes after that life altering decision. It's about realizing your actions don't affect just you, but everyone around you--your mother, your father, your sister--they're all right there with you. It's about moving forward and realizing that life may just be worth living.

I don't really know what I should say about the plot.
Alex
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, new-adult, romance
I received this book from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

And... this was amazing! It was nice to read a not so heavy book after just finishing Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover, which was really sad.

It was a real nice change to read another book by Sarah and I am so glad that a few months ago she had reached out to me to review her debut because I loved it and loved this and if she hadn't reached out to me, I wouldn't have gotten the chance to read this!

The romance was great! I really en
Superfly Gibson
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
4 STARS

I am so glad I read Kill Devil Hills. I was in the mood for a quick new adult/contemporary romance and this was a perfect pick.

photo 89C96EA4-27DB-4E28-8813-1B7583333D32_zpsnd3szyes.jpg

Georgie has just returned home from a four month stay at a recovery facility after a suicide attempt. And she's still not sure if she regrets her actions.

Maybe holding everything in is part of the reason you feel so much pain.

Noah cannot forget the night he found Georgie near death on the bathroom floor. The experience took her from his best friend's younge
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

It's a very cute, very easy to read book however it lacked angst.. Nothing happened that had me holding my breath, everything went easy breezy and I was hoping for some bumps!
The beginning is sad, her brother died, she attempted suicide, but that is it. Nothing else happens.
So if you're into a book that 99.2% happy, go for it!
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

“It will be because I can’t go another minute without knowing what those sweet, plump lips of yours taste like.”

Me and my misconceptions, actually. I had a hard time thinking what to say. Well, I know what I want to say but I haven’t had the opportunity to organize my thoughts well. To be honest, after finishing reading this book, I actually jumped with the next one, skimming because I wanted to glimpse more of Noah and Georgie because I fell in love with them, at the end. But before I go
Fhina
OH MY GOD, THIS BOOKS WAS BEYOND PERFECT!

description

Sarah Darlington was kind enough to send me a copy of Kill Devil Hills after I requested an ARC of her upcoming book Changing Tides. Thank you again so much for that, Sarah. That was very nice of you!

I'm lost for words on how amazing this story was and how beautifully it was written. At the very beginning I was a little hesitant on what to think about the happenings and I was even a little afraid that it would turn out into some whiney "I'm so depressive'
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
MY RATING: ☆☆☆☆ Stars - Kill Devil Hills by Sarah Darlington

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

☆ Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review ☆
~ THANK YOU ~

Get ready to meet your new book boyfriend, Noah in this book is every girls fictional dream come true..He will melt your heart and take it hostage..A beautiful tale that will leave you wanting more..

HE'S TWENTY FOUR AND SHE'S EIGHTEEN

Right at beginning of the book you are smack bang in the middle of a disturbing scene

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Georgina had hit a low po
Nicla
I really enjoyed Kill Devil Hills. I have had this on my kindle for a couple of years and just never got around to reading. It is different from what I expected but in the best possible way. It deals with some heartbreaking issues but it doesn’t feel like a heavy read. It has plenty of grin worthy moments as well as swoon worthy ones. Highly recommend if you are looking for a low angst new adult romance.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Blondies Little Book Life
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*This review may contain Spoilers*

"Keep breathing. Count your breaths if you have to. One day breathing won't be as difficult. One day you won't have to count. I promise, there is good stuff waiting for you. It will find you."

This book is a Must Read! I am so happy i was given the chance to read Georgie and Noah's Story. From the very beginning i was hooked. This book touches on a very sensitive subject, which you do not see a lot of in books. The beginning for me was very well written, I litera
Cyndi
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe
This was a sweet book despite the sad start with Georgie. Noah was so great with Georgie- he was truly crazy about her! She was also crazy for him and their relationship was fun to read about. Even though it started with a tragic event this book was low angst and safety gang safe!
Keep Calm Novel On
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of the ePub from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Kill Devil Hills by Sarah Darlington is a wonderful read. The author brilliantly weaves suicide, bereavement, abuse and parental abandonment into this well written character driven contemporary novel.

The story is told by the main characters: Georgie and Noah. Little did they know that their connection could not be suppressed or ignored as it undeniable from their life saving encounter. The author shows and tells the r
Cassia Brightmore
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I read a variety of genres of books. I’m obsessed with dark romance, I love erotica, I love humorous books. At the root of it all, I am a romance reading fiend - but what I really look for in a book is an emotional connection. A pull between myself and the characters, some sort of commonalities. And I found it, in this book by Sarah Darlington. Was it unexpected? Hell yes. This book touches on real issues and problems - and very serious ones at that. The way the author portrays the struggles, da ...more
Book-Bosomed  blog
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Though he’s six years older than her, Noah Clark feels a bond with his best friend Ellie’s younger sister—a bond formed on drunken night when he found Georgie Turner in a pool of blood.

Now four month later, Georgie has come home and neither have been able to get the other out of their minds. Georgie can’t stop thinking of the man who saved her life, nor can she help but notice him in a new light. And OCD Noah isn’t any different. Before him is no longer Ellie’s little sister, but a grown eightee
Candiefloss
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kill Devil Hills.

*I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review*

This story had me from the start. It is definitely a very delicate subject, but one written very well. I don't want to reveal too much so I'll try and stay as vague as possible.

It's about a young man, who saves a young woman - and so starts a beautiful, touching love story. Noah is 24, has a painful past of his own and seems scared to love, but yet he can't seem to help himself when it comes to Geor
Christa
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
***Received an ARC copy by the author, Sarah Darlington, as part of the Sarah Darling Street Team in exchange for an honest review***

4.5 Second Chance Stars

I was on the edge of my seat from the beginning. The first chapter of Kill Devil Hills is one of the most intense I’ve ever read.

“”Noah, I’m cold,” she whispered, before her lids fluttered closed once more. “You will not die on me,” I told her with absolute certainty. “I won’t let you.” I leaned over to press my chest against her body, hopi
Tracey Nelson
I generously received this book from the author.

The first three words that come to mind to me after reading this book are: beautiful, passionate and endearing. I loved it from the first page to the last and couldn't put it down. Yes, I did read this in one sitting. It was strongly written and character driven, making it an easy read for me.

The first chapter thoroughly broke my heart, reading a topic like this always does, however the author was able to do it in a way that wasn't dramatized or ad
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author, Sarah Darlington, for gifting me with Kill Devil Hills in exchange for an honest review!

1.  The plot.  This book is essentially a love story.  However, there are two more personal journey's happening within it.  I love how these three plotline twine together to form one whole storyline.  It keeps the romance from being too overwhelming but it also builds character.  In terms of pace, this book is on the border of fast-paced.  It does keep you turning pages but there isn'
Dirty Dayna
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 scar stars

* ARC provided as part of the Sarah Darlington Street Team by the lovely Sarah Darlington herself!!! for an honest review*

I have had this little baby in my on deck pile til the last possible second I could.. I cant wait any longer!!

I have to destroy and devour every bit of this book NOW!!!

photo b4cf0abaa72b3fcfd45b6f71a3e3dfc4857ac433e9ac5d6c63663d17ea9e57ff_1_zpsjb6qamxg.gif

this is a sweet little book I devoured quickly. Georgie attempted to kill herself over th loss of her brother and her sisters best friend Noah saves her life. this cute story is what happens wh
Brit
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog for an honest review via blog tour

Rating: 3 stars
Cover: 9
Plot: 6
Heroine 6
Hero: 8
Ending: (view spoiler)

Maybe it's just me but this book fell flat for me. After reading the blurb I had other ideas about this book. This book was sort of enjoyable. I loved how the author wrote about the tragedies but it was kinda insta-love that happens in most books.

And also the fact that Nothing really exciting happened until 50% into the book. i
Diamond Drake
Jul 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Kill Devil Hills was an enjoyable read. It definitely dealt with some serious issues which I related to in a lot of ways. In that regard, it roped me in emotionally. There were times, however, when I didn't feel as engaged but I realize that had more to do with the age of the characters and the types of things that are important to them at that time of their lives. It's been a LONG time since I was a teen so in some instances I felt completely out of touch and unable to truly relate to what the ...more
Elusively Ella
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the first moment I picked up this book, I was completely and totally sucked in to its heartfelt story! I felt every emotion the author described for Noah and Georgie, right down to the butterflies in my stomach!!! 'Kill Devil Hills' is an incredibly touching, young adult romance with pain from loss, love, confusion, humor and just a bit of sexual intrigue. I found it incredibly difficult to concentrate on anything else until I reached the end ;-) Even now after I've finished, the characters ...more
Alla
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. This was a very beautiful, angst-and dramafree love story. The characters, Georgina and Noah were very likeable and going through real life issues that were handled in a very mature way. It is very refreshing to read a book that doesnt have you almost throwing up, pulling your hair or having your stomach in knots over all the angst and drama that is going on!
I liked it very much.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

He’s twenty-four.

She’s eighteen.

His life is exactly the way he’s always wanted it to be...stable.
She’s quite possibly the very definition of unstable.

Noah saved her.
Georgina never wanted to be saved.

Thanks in part to the unwavering love and support of his best friend, Ellie Turner, Noah survived those ye
Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-reader, arc
Georgana's Review

I really enjoyed Kill Devil Hills by Sarah Darlington. Broken down into its simplest form it is a love story about 2 souls who are unexpectedly brought together by tragedy but find love on the other side. Sarah Darlington took a horrible event, a horrible decision made by Georgina and made it into something that taught Georgina the lesson of living.

Kill Devil Hills was an easy read for me. The author didn’t beat around the bush and give us the back and forth angst that so many b
Sanne Heremans
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, epic-love, favorite
Wow just wow! This was such a heartgripping story...

I figured I just start reading it in the cafetaria whilst my mum went swimming - bad move! I wasn't even well into the first chapter and I had to restrain myself from crying to hard - that's how heartbreaking it was.

Georgie (female lead) is a young girl/woman of only 18 years when her older brother dies during a work related accident. Due to the fact that they were very close it affected Georgie in such a harsh way that she felt the need to try
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
New Adult Corner: Read to Review: Kill Devil Hills-CLOSED for Sign Up's 34 38 Oct 21, 2014 01:49PM

• Ripping Pages
  • Lost in France (Firebird Trilogy, #1)
  • Racing for Freedom
  • Without Doubt (Without, #2)
  • The Space Between Us
  • A Need So Insatiable (Hearts #1)
  • Irreversible Damage (Irreparable #2)
  • In Spades (Mirrored, #1)
  • Sleepless Nights (Wrath MC, #1)
  • Skipping Stones
  • A Blue Tale
  • Enraptured (Demi Brother's #1)
  • My Own Worst Enemy (MOWE, #1)
  • Dark Touch
  • Temptation (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • Strip Me Bare (Strip You, #2)
  • New Leaves, No Strings (Austin #1)
  • Overexposed
Subscribe to my newsletter for new release alerts: sarahdarlingtonauthor.com/cv

I'm Sarah Darlington. I write Contemporary Romance books that are both steamy and sweet, with a touch of agnst. I love creating book boyfriends you won’t soon forget.
My latest... Joe Coffee☕

I’m a mom to two young kiddos, both on the spectrum, so my days are never the same and always busy.

📍Virginia
🐍Slytherin
😘Sarah Darlin

Kill Devil Hills (4 books)
  • Changing Tides (Kill Devil Hills, #2)
  • Pulled Under (Kill Devil Hills, #3)
  • Adrift (Kill Devil Hills, #4)
“But maybe she’d always been this fucking adorable and I’d just been the jackass who never bothered to notice.” 2 likes
“Sometimes I forgot our age difference and sometimes it was hard to ignore. Like right now. He radiated a masculinity, a maturity, a confidence, even in his sleep, that other guys my own age just couldn’t even compare to. Maybe that was less about his age and more about him. Either way, it was incredibly sexy—he was incredibly sexy. I kind of loved the fact that he could snap me in two and the fact that I knew he never would.” 2 likes