Start by marking “Wherever You Go” as Want to Read:
Wherever You Go

Wherever You Go

Roads give you chances to seek and explore. Want an adventure?
Just open your door.

Join an adventurous rabbit and his animal friends as they journey over steep mountain peaks, through bustling cityscapes, and down long, winding roads to discover the magical worlds that await them just outside their doors.

Award-winning author Pat Zietlow Miller's lilting rhyme and
Published April 21st 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Wherever You Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wherever You Go

Start your review of Wherever You Go
Alice Rachel
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The drawings are gorgeous. The story is inspiring.
Teresa Edmunds
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is still early yet in the year for award nominations, but "Wherever You Go" is on my list for a possible Caldecott award. This book is simply lovely, both the beautiful illustrations and touching message. Eliza Wheeler's drawings (done in ink, watercolors and gouache - not digital) are detailed, yet soft and gentle. There is sooo much to look at on every page! (Can you find the hedgehog on stilts at the carnival? And where is the rabbit and his bike on the page about the bay?) Children will ...more
Stefani Sloma
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Absolutely gorgeous illustrations and a wonderful story of adventure and exploration.
Emma (Miss Print)
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Beautiful illustrations and quiet, rhyming text. A bit on the long side but I think this has potential for a quiet/bedtime storytime or a travel themed one.
Laina
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely little book with beautiful art. Like a modern "Oh, The Places You'll Go."
Chris
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Totally enjoyed Miller's first book, "Sophie's Squash," a Book Buzz Pick. Her newest, "Wherever You Go," would make an awesome gift--here's my review:

For a road trip, or a life journey, young readers, teens and adults will delight in “Wherever You Go,” by Pat Zietlow Miller, a thoughtful present for graduation, retirement or to celebrate an upcoming change or challenge.
Gift this delightful picture book as a lengthy greeting card, one with a marvelous message, an extended metaphor on roads, and
Sandy Brehl
Show of hands... how many know Dr. Seuss's annual bestseller, OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO? It is classic Seuss in every respect, and is a perennial NYT bestseller during the spring season of graduations, leaving-for-college (or camp), or even beginning a new job. It appeals to the youngest in rollicking verse and colorful images, but the undeniable truth is that the message it contains resonates as much or more with those transitioning and facing new challenges.
I've "gifted" to more people than I
Allie
Wherever You Go by Pat Zietlow Miller would make a really delightful kid-philosophical addition to a transportation storytime. The rhyming text explores all the literal and figurative aspects of roads and travel, while following a bunny and owl as they travel the world and return home. The illustrations by Eliza Wheeler are also really special -- incredibly rich drawings in ink and watercolor.

Absolutely lovely.
Bari
May 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
A sweet story that is more appropriate for children setting off to college than for young children of read aloud/picture book age.

Recently, I used this story as a read aloud for a children's story time ages 18m - 3 years. The adults enjoyed it more than the children. That is the only reason for the 2 stars.

Liza Nahas
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This may be my new gift choice for graduations & life changing moments. Sweet rhymes & cute illustrations!
Candy | Evianrei
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
What a fantastic little book I stumbled upon! I had never read anything by this author, or seen anything by this illustrator. I just happened to be in a store, be in a hurry and grab this for my three month old son.

The story theme is perfect as my husband and I love to travel and hope to take our little one(s) one day. The rhyming is pretty spot on and I love the cute little descriptions for traveling. I think the only spot that was a bit rough to read was the page starting 'Roads Grow...'. I
Elizabeth Guzman
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a cute book about traveling. A rabbit gets on his bike and goes on a journey. he goes far across the world. There is always an option to stay of go. There are many different places to go. The moral of the story is that wherever you go you will know when you’ve reached home, you can always take your path back home to where you started but adventure is out there. This book would be good to read with lids who are afraid of traveling or have an interest in it. This is a gorgeous story of ...more
Morgan Stout
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With diction simple enough for a young toddler and a message that penetrates my own heart, I would recommend this book to anyone searching for their place in life (as well as to anyone wanting a good read for a child). "Wherever You Go" both encourages imaginative adventures and suggests that we should follow our heart in life. At one point, Miller writes "Which path should you choose? That's easy to see. The one that will take you where you wish to be." At a point of crossroads in my own life, ...more
Patricia McLaughlin
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
This adventure story seems more suitable for adults than the intended audience: children who will never have to journey alone on the roads well travelled by refugees, often without their parents. And what a strange landscape. So many of the illustrations seem foreboding, as if the trees are aflame and the rivers run with blood. Even the return home is fraught with questions rather than a sense of relief. Replace all but two “roads” with the word “refugees” and this strange tale and its dissonant ...more
Christy
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roads give you chances to seek and explore. Want an adventure?
Just open your door.

Award-winning author Pat Zietlow Miller's lilting rhyme and bestselling illustrator Eliza Wheeler's enchanting, lush landscapes celebrate the possibilities that lie beyond the next bend in the
Melanie
A bunny rabbit on a bicycle wends their way through many different roads on their travels. Many different landscapes and types of roads are traveled. Lyrical rhyming accompanies beautiful illustrations.

This is a gorgeous book with beautiful text. However, I judge books on their usefulness and this one isn't very practical for use with young children. It's more of a gift book along the lines of "Oh the Places You'll Go."
Daniel
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the simplest level, this is a story about a rabbit taking a long journey on his bicycle with his owl friend. Along they way they make some friends and share a meal. Eventually, rabbit and owl return home. Beautiful watercolor style art with tons of detail in the background allows for lazily browsing through this book. The text is longer verse in a rhyming style which inspires the reader to travel and explains what might be encountered along the way.
Tina Hoggatt
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Both a meditation on what a road is and its many expressions and the individual's path through life. The illustrations follow a journeying rabbit through various landscapes, introduce seasons and traveling companions, and show the wide world gloriously. The comfort of being able to return home will give the young reader the satisfaction of an imaginative journey that ends in safety and warmth. Rhyming text is just right.
LaDonna
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the illustrations. I loved the message. My kids loved it too. I enjoyed the poetic writing style. It sends the message that no matter where you go, you can always come back home. I do not think this would make a good story-time book with a lot of children. My children loved it because they could sit and really look at each page. There is just too much going on for a child to get much out of it with just a quick glance. It would make a wonderful graduation gift.
Jill
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
A story about an adventuring rabbit. There is a similar feel to it like Dr. Seuss’s Oh the Places You’ll Go, but this is a bit gentler. The illustrations create a warm and imaginative world for the rabbit and the animals he meets along the way. Things don’t always go his way but he goes his way and discovers growth in the simplicity of good and hard things. It’s a fun rhyming read aloud with lots of details for kids to discover as they listen along.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
A bunny on a bike follows roads that go, zoom, bend, reach, merge, grow, wait, climb, remember, and return. Sweet illustrations throughout the whole book. I didn't read all the text during storytime, because it was a lengthier title to share with my littles.

2019 storytime theme: Go

Reviewed from a library copy.
Ruth Ann
I reviewed the Vox book of this title - an AUDIO-ENABLED BOOK READER - which is rechargeable, has a spot for earbuds and has volume control and a pause button. A chime sounds when it's time to turn the page.
The plot of this book is like Oh, the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss.
Krissy
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A charming little story told in a lovely sing-song meter. The gorgeous illustrations are a work of art and worthy of spending a long time on each page. They also convey a sense of movement as rabbit travels the world.
Pam  Page
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Where do you want roads to take you? Rhyming text makes this a fun read-aloud and the watercolor illustrations make it special. Love the picture of all of the animals sitting on a hill looking down at the city. So sweet.
Samantha Benton
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Through rhythm and rhyme this book demonstrates the different paths that can lead you from home. Then also explain they take you right back where you belong, once you learned everything you were meant to see. You have made friends and seen amazing scenery.
Joy Lane
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
We have this as a Vox book. Sweet and lovely illustrations
Stacie
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely perfect book for those who live with wanderlust.
So good I read it again!!
Emily Olson
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
Illustrations were gorgeous but the rhyming got annoying after a while so I stopped reading it and just looked at the pictures. I know, I'm a barbarian.
Jen Betton
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the books Eliza Wheeler has illustrated. It is such a charming, beautiful book, full of lovely details and a warmth that glows off the pages.
Melissa Meadows
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My children and I really enjoyed this story of adventure! It opened a wonderful conversation of places we would like to visit. Definitely a great bedtime story!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sophie Johnson, Unicorn Expert
  • A Piglet Named Mercy
  • Just Because
  • Because
  • Uni the Unicorn and the Dream Come True (Uni the Unicorn, #2)
  • Hey Grandude!
  • Everything You Need For a Treehouse
  • Tap the Magic Tree
  • Some Bugs
  • Goodbye, Friend! Hello, Friend!
  • Bear Came Along
  • The Day You Begin
  • Stumpkin
  • Bear Has a Story to Tell
  • The Midnight Library
  • Mary Wears What She Wants
  • Circle
  • A Stone Sat Still
Pat Zietlow Miller knew she wanted to be a writer ever since her seventh-grade English teacher read her paper about square-dancing skirts out loud in class and said: “This is the first time anything a student has written has given me chills.” (Thanks, Mrs. Mueller! You rock!)

Pat started out as a newspaper reporter and wrote about everything from dartball and deer-hunting to diets and decoupage.