Start by marking “How to Say No Without Feeling Guilty: And Say Yes to More Time, More Joy, and What Matters Most to You” as Want to Read:

"To this book I say yes, yes, yes!"
—from the Foreword by Richard Carlson, author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Find more time and energy for the things you love to do—learn to say no without feeling guilty!

The simple word "no" is often the most difficult to say. Yet anyone can develop the skills to say no with confidence, kindness, and peace of mind. And the benefits are
Published June 1st 2000 by Broadway (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about How to Say No Without Feeling Guilty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Say No Without Feeling Guilty

Start your review of How to Say No Without Feeling Guilty: And Say Yes to More Time, More Joy, and What Matters Most to You
قُـلْـمُـريّـة
Dec 15, 2011 rated it did not like it
عادي جداً

فكرته شدتني كثير

باختصار لا تضغط على نفسك

ودائم حط لنفسك اعتبار قبل أي شيء في كل مجالات الحياة ..
Alice Verberne
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: human-behavior
I consider this a very valuable book for those of us who avoid going to the hairdresser because we never leave with the haircut we want; or those of us who end up being abused by folks concerning money, time or being of service to others. I did see my own behavior (taking too much of other peoples time) in one of the chapters, which gave me insight on how to change my own behavior so that I do that get on other people's nerves.
As Jack Canfuekd said, "This book is the bible on how to say no and
Tamara Evans
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book providing ways for the reader to tactfully day no and make room to enjoy their own interests. The authors provide good examples of how and why a no is needed as well as follow up phrases if the no elicits a hostile response.

The book is divided into eight parts which begins with the power of no followed by the basics of no. The next two sections cover how to say no to lending money followed by saying no at work. While the later chapter was informative, I personally would’ve preferred
Jim
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Pretty good, some of the content though is not relevant for me.
Morid
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
It is a good book but it write and explain more than it needs.
E
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, practical advice for people learning to honor their own boundaries.
Walaa
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Lou
3.5 Stars
Short and concise while still offering kind tips and examples.
Renee
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A well written and absorbing book, with lots of tips and tricks you can easily implement in real life. It's not unreasonable to stick up for yourself and say no to all the leeches in life, and these folks will help you get there.
Marian la Contrarian
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: growth
This book is not only full of examples of how to say no in all kinds of situations, it also offers you guidance on getting to the right attitude behind the word "no." The book changes your perspective on saying no by underscoring the importance of focusing on the things you want to say yes to: the more you say no to things that don't light your fire, the more room you have to say yes to the things that do.
The authors also offer insight into the (mistaken) reasons that we say yes more than we
Lisa
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
A very quick read with some useful phrases. IT was good to find out that I am already using many of the tactics, but it's always good to hone the "no" skills. In fact, I was inspired to say no to finishing two items on my currently reading list because I really wasn't enjoying them, but felt obligated to finish them. I've never been good at not finishing a book, and the ones I don't like hang over my head causing me anxiety. Life is too short and the TBR list too long to read out of obligation.
Alkhayyat Alaa
الكتاب لا يثيري كثيرا علي معلوماتك ؛ الكثير من الاحيان نقول لا العفويه والمتعمده ؛ في النهايه يعتمد علي الشخصيه وصلة القرابه ومبادله العطاء بالاخذ ؛ فمن المستحيل ان لا يبخل عليك شخص وعندما يحتاج اليك ولظرف ما لا تستطيع وانت قادر لكن لسبب ما لا تريد ؛ في النهايه هي مسالة اخلاق والاسلام علمنا ان الرسول كان يستحي فا هذب الله الناس وافهم كيفيه قول لا ومتي بطريقة مباشره ؛
Mn15mn15
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good one
Gabriella
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Lots of good information! But, it was a bit dry to read. I am going to keep it on my shelf as a reference guide for sure!
Khaled
Mar 16, 2015 rated it liked it
فكرة مميزة فقط.. لا جديد آخر بين ثناياه.. قرائتي له قديمة منذ سنوات..
Isobel
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very simple and straight forward. 4 stars because it communicates the message well.
mysticbookworm
May 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
I may need to go out and actually buy this book at some point. ;-)
Scotty
Nov 27, 2017
Heidi
Dec 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Permission to Screw Up: How I Learned to Lead by Doing (Almost) Everything Wrong
  • What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast: A Short Guide to Making Over Your Mornings--and Life
  • Bullies, Tyrants, and Impossible People: How to Beat Them Without Joining Them
  • Whole Again: Healing Your Heart and Rediscovering Your True Self After Toxic Relationships and Emotional Abuse
  • How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
  • Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff
  • The ENFP Superhero: Discover Your Superpowers and Thrive as a “Champion” ENFP
  • Gaslighting: Recognize Manipulative and Emotionally Abusive People--and Break Free
  • Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
  • Breakfast: The Cookbook
  • The Art of Noticing: 131 Ways to Spark Creativity, Find Inspiration, and Discover Joy in the Everyday
  • The Complete Gardener's Guide
  • The Little Book of Life Hacks: How to Make Your Life Happier, Healthier, and More Beautiful
  • Beginner Gardening Step by Step: A Visual Guide to Yard and Garden Basics
  • Lawn Gone!: Low-Maintenance, Sustainable, Attractive Alternatives for Your Yard
  • Insecure in Love: How Anxious Attachment Can Make You Feel Jealous, Needy, and Worried and What You Can Do About It
  • The Home Edit: A Guide to Organizing and Realizing Your House Goals