Start by marking “Mass Effect: Foundation Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Mass Effect: Foundation Volume 2

Mass Effect: Foundation Volume 2

(Mass Effect Graphic Novels #6)

Written by the lead writer of the games, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, Mac Walters, Mass Effect: Foundation features the franchise's most beloved characters in their most exciting, never-before-seen adventures, set during the events of BioWare's ultra hit science fiction trilogy! Follow Miranda Lawson and Jacob Taylor as they chase Commander Shepard to the lawless and d ...more
Published June 17th 2014 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Mass Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mass Effect

Start your review of Mass Effect: Foundation Volume 2
Rinn
I received a copy of this book for free from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review. Also posted on my blog, Rinn Reads.

You know the drill by now. I saw a Mass Effect book on Netgalley, so I requested it. I am an unashamed fangirl of the series, and will read everything and anything I can get my hands on, despite not being overly impressed with the books so far. However, I enjoyed the first volume of the Foundation series more than previous series, so was looking forward to reading the next
Brendan
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Mass Effect is one of those franchises that hasn't kicked off across all the different mediums, it has unlimited backstories to pull from. The books have only been spinoffs from the game and while Andromeda distanced itself from the core game mythology, it also had connections that didn't alienate diehard fanatics, like myself. This book fills one of the biggest holes from Mass Effect 2, Shepard's body being found and exhaustive research and costs the illusive man spent find him. Mass Effect 2
Caitlin
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: format-gn
1.5 stars, rounded up because the Blasto story was pretty entertaining.

I love Mass Effect but this was even more underwhelming than the first volume.

The first story follows Miranda Lawson and Jacob Taylor as they hunt for Shepherd's body in the Terminus systems. It shows how Jacob gets drawn into the Cerberus organization and is mostly just a meh story about dealing with slavers and other unscrupulous types. Not terrible but not anything that particularly held my attention.

The second story fol
Wayne McCoy
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Mass Effect: Foundation Volume 2' is more graphic novel based on the best selling Bioware video game of the same name. Again, it's written by Mac Walters, who was lead writer on Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. I found this second volume to be more even and a bit easier to follow and I liked it more than the first.

This volume starts about where the prologue to Mass Effect 2 is. Matthew Shepard is presumed dead in the aftermath of the attack on the Normandy. Characters from the game are sent out
Alex Jones
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable, yet tame, expansion on the mass effect universe that was a nice addition, even if it didn't cover much ground. It contained a few different stories - one about Miranda and Jacob trying to capture Shephard's body, one about Jack escaping Cerberus, one about Cerberus/council espionage and then a couple of short comics on how Joker ended up piloting the Normandy and everyone's favourite spectre, Blasto!

All of the art was pretty good and it was all well told, but certainly did
Rahel
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was ok
Yet another boring entry in the Mass Effect Comics universe. Rasa continues to be a yawn-worthy character who has nothing going for her except for her ~tragic past~ and while it's nice to see familiar faces, I already forgot what happened in this book. ...more
Matthew Ciarvella
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
The question of "what happened to Shepard's body after the prologue of Mass Effect 2" is quickly becoming the Mass Effect equivalent of "how did the Rebels steal the Death Star plans?" Story after story is layered on, because each piece of tie-in fiction tries to exploit the same hook until it's all a big mess of barely connected pieces.

The Blasto piece was pretty amusing, however.
Ron
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
The continuing Sci-Fi saga develops more characters, provides plenty of twists as the Specters, Cerberus, the Council and the Alliance jockey for the most advantageous position for their interests. The short stories at the end was nice filler in regard to background and interest. Plenty of storylines continue into the next volume to draw the reader forward.
Sweatdropp
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Jacob is just a wasted, simple character in the game that even in this comic, I was bored with him. Any of the Mass Effect characters, I'm interested to learn more about but not him.
It's not all about him though so that's why it's getting a 3 star because I still really love and am very interested in the world of Mass Effect.
Kyle Austin
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Again the art occasionally obfuscates the story, which is unfortunate. Would have been a two star rating were it not for the final two comics in the volume which are pure fan-service and I loved them.
T.M. Carper
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Miranda and Jacob join the cast in this ME2 precursor as the Elusive Man sends people to retrieve the body of Commander Shepard. Jack also makes an appearance.

An included short shows how Jeff "Joker" Moreau ended up the Normandy's pilot.
Holly (The Grimdragon)
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-comics
I enjoyed this volume much more than the first. Jacob is a great character to focus on in this story! Still feeling underwhelmed with the artwork, however. It is almost as if the art is in the unfinished draft stages.
Josh
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, comics, net-galley
Review Pending.

Note: I received a free digital ARC from NetGalley in exchange for a review.
Kilie (fallingbookshelf)
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-comic, 5-stars
I'd say that the Foundation comics got better as they went on. Sometimes the artwork gets a little wonky, but it didn't deter from the story necessarily. ...more
D.J. Goodman
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Pretty middle of the road. The art on the Jack story was pretty bad and the Joker story was meh, but the other stories were okay and the Blasto story was entertaining.
Antony David

• Old Boy, Vol. 4
  • Old Boy, Vol. 3
  • Old Boy, Vol. 2
  • Teen Titans, Volume 1: Damian Knows Best
  • The Rebel Files (Star Wars)
  • The Pit and the Pendulum
  • All the Tides of Fate (All the Stars and Teeth, #2)
  • Dreamer's Pool (Blackthorn & Grim, #1)
  • Hacks for Minecrafters: The Unofficial Guide to Tips and Tricks That Other Guides Won't Teach You
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Vol. 1
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Vol. 2
  • Old Boy, Vol. 5
  • Old Boy, Vol. 6
  • The Old Guard, Book Two: Force Multiplied
  • Old Boy, Vol. 7
Mac Walters is a writer and director, known for Mass Effect 2 (2010), Mass Effect (2007) and Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect Graphic Novels (8 books)
  • Mass Effect, Volume 1: Redemption