Start by marking “Stranded with a Hero (Three River Ranch, #3.5, Lone Pine Lake, #2.5; Real Men, #2.5; Accidentally in Love, #2.5)” as Want to Read:

Stranded with a Hero (Lone Pine Lake #2.5 included)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  150 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Getting snowed in never felt so good as boundaries are crossed, opposites attract, and friends discovering more promise a Christmas no one will ever forget.

Saving the Sheriff by Roxanne Snopek
Frankie Sylva was determined to free the reindeer cruelly held for a holiday roadshow, even if it meant risking her own life. Deputy Sheriff Red LeClair set out to save a stranger in
Published November 11th 2013 by Entangled: Bliss

To ask other readers questions about Stranded with a Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded with a Hero

Mischief Under the Mistletoe by Kristin MillerMistletoe Magic by Melissa McCloneAll Is Calm / All Is Bright by Colleen CobleTwelve Nights by Sharon StruthHome For Christmas by Melissa McClone
Christmas and Winter Novellas
34th out of 324 books — 556 voters
Christmas Wishes by Danica WintersWinter Fairy by Lola KarnsWhile Snowbound by Anna J. McIntyreChristmas Dinner by Robyn NeeleyPastels and Jingle Bells by Christine S. Feldman
Contemporary Christmas/Winter Romance
49th out of 372 books — 435 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicola
Nov 10, 2013 Nicola rated it it was amazing
On a cold winters night, this is the most perfect book to snuggle up with next to a roaring fire. Comprising of four novella's from four wonderful authors, whilst they tie into their book series' (which incidentally I would each recommend), you could easily read it as a standalone.

So, as they each deserve their own place centre stage, a short review on each:

Saving the Sheriff - Roxanne Snopek (5 stars)

I read the last of the four first. None of this patience is a virtue rubbish; the Three River
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Kim
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

A quote from Roxanne Snopek’s book, Saving the Sheriff sums up this anthology very well. “Life’s too short to say no when love shows up at your door.” Stranded with a Hero will give you four heroes and heroines you will root for and fall in love with. You will smile, laugh, and probably cry a little bit. Without a doubt, this book will put you in the Christmas spirit. If you haven’t read any of these authors before, this is a really great place to
Luli
Jan 03, 2016 Luli rated it it was ok
Saving the Sheriff by Roxanne Snopek. 2.5 stars.
Como el nombre de la trilogía indica, Frankie y Red, los protagonistas de esta historia, se quedan sitiados en un rancho debido a una tormenta de nieve. Ambos protagonistas son personas solitarias y sin familia que huyen de las relaciones. En los días que pasan juntos acaban enamorándose. Lo que menos me ha gustado de esta novela es que ambos personajes están todo el tiempo negando lo que sienten y preparándose para el adiós. Eso apaga el romance.
Karen
Nov 11, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
Anthologies have come a long way from the days of minimal backstory and character development and those annoying ambiguous endings.

I've been enjoying them a lot lately. Especially as a quick palate cleanser reads. Stranded with a Hero was perfect for that.

I was surprised at how quickly I fell right into their stories, as if I already knew and loved the characters. Other than Cindi Madsen, I haven't read anything by any of these authors previously. I totally bought into the couples HEA's (all of
Rachel
Nov 11, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I want to be stranded with any of these hero's, I don't care which one, just one will do !

This book consists of four Christmas novellas from 4 amazing authors. Grab a comfort drink, a copy of this book and find a comfy spot to spend a few hours indulging in a Christmas story feast.

Each story showcases a couple stuck together under less than ideal circumstances. Be it a snow storm of the century or planes being grounded leading to a sweltering Christmas Day, all four couples make the most of what
Bette Hansen
Dec 19, 2013 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this in exchange for an honest review.

I know it is early in the season and I will read a ton more holiday books but I think this will definitely make my top 5 of the season!!F
Four great authors, four wonderful stories, and a whole lot of snow.

Karen Erickson takes us back to Lone Pine Lake where Mindy is having to face another Christmas without her kids but the holiday cheer flows when she is stuck with Josh through a blizzard. Hmmm.....

Colleen Kwan gives us some holiday joy
Monique
Nov 11, 2013 Monique rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I just loved this! Full review to come!
**************************************************
Disclaimer: I received this book free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. all opinions expressed are my own.

My full review appears on my blog All The Bookish Love

I admit, I only signed up for this ARC, because the awesome and amazing Cindi Madsen wrote one of the stories. But everyone one of these authors blew me away with their holiday stories. And I felt a special littl
Andrea
Jul 29, 2014 Andrea rated it really liked it
Loving Mindy by Karen Erickson

Knowing that I love Erickson's work under the name Monica Murphy, I was excited to read Loving Mindy. This is a novella that is part of a on-going series, but I honestly didn't feel that I was lost or missing the details. Erickson did a solid job of giving just enough history, without dragging the current timeframe down.

Having both a second-chance-romance and a friends-to-lovers theme, Loving Mindy is a beloved trope double-whammy. Mindy and Josh were both engaging
Irene
Dec 04, 2013 Irene rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounding up to 5 stars

I loved all four stories, they each touched me and left me wanting to read more from these talented authors.

If you are looking for something heartwarming to read over the upcoming holidays Stranded with a Hero is the book for you.

As I mentioned I loved all four stories but An Officer and a Rebel by Cindi Madsen was my fav, I loved Nate and Kelsey! You can't help but fall in love with them :)

Thank you to Karen Erickson, Coleen Kwan, Cindi Madsen and Roxanne Snopek for wr
Karen
Nov 10, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Stranded with a Hero is a collection of sweet holiday romances. Each story centers around a couple who is stranded together for one reason or another around the holidays. Each story is by a different author and each have their own little spin to be stranded. I loved each one and tried to pick a favorite but cant. :)They are all wonderful in their own way! Stranded with a Hero has definitely gotten me into the Christmas mood!
*ARC received from publisher
 One Curvy Blogger
Nov 14, 2013 One Curvy Blogger rated it it was amazing
My review can be viewed @ No Book Left Behind

I will no longer be hosting my reviews in Goodreads. All books I have personally reviewed will be linked back to my blog on BookLikes for all of you to see! :)
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4.5 STARS

I read many holiday anthologies this season but this is by far my favorite. All of these novellas were strong, their characters interesting, and their stories enchanting and filled with the magic of the season and love. I’m so glad I save this one for last, it’s a winner!!
Loving Mindy by Karen Erickson 4.5 stars
I’ve loved the Lone Pine Lake series by Karen Erickson and Loving Mindy was a perfe
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

Rating 4 1/2

In Stranded with a Hero, we have four authors that are showcasing a Christmas novella that coordinate with there Bliss series books. So, let get started.

Loving Mindy
Karen Erickson

This novella is part of the A Lone Pine Lake stories. In the previous books you actually meet Mindy, and she's stuck in a pretty crappy marriage. By the time we get to Loving Mindy, Mindy is divorce from the douche bag Marty. Now she's spending Christmas alone, because Marty is too
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
More reviews at http://losttobooks.blogspot.com

The four novellas in this anthology were exactly what I expected and needed: short, sweet, slightly cheesy and sappy romances that kept you reading with a smile on your face. Also, you add Christmas to the mix and some festivities and my heart just melts. This anthology was the perfect fireside read for dark winter nights.

They were short, feel good reads that flowed easily and were great to chill out to in the evenings. I read a novella a night an
Michel Reinhard
Dec 04, 2013 Michel Reinhard rated it it was amazing

photo GoodreadsPic_zps6e1735c1.png

ARC provided by the Publisher, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

Stranded With A Hero is the perfect romantic Christmas read to get you into the holiday spirit. The anthology, consisting of four novellas, is the perfect read in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Stranded With A Hero will boost your Christmas cheer and heat up the holidays.

These novellas were amazingly written. Each is part of a series by these authors, but can be read as a stand alone. I loved each story
Heather Anne
Nov 11, 2013 Heather Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read
I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

What would you do if you were stranded with a hero?

With the holidays literally right around the corner, this Bliss anthology featuring short stories from four fabulous authors is sure to get you in the holiday spirit! This is just the kind of book to curl up by a warm fire with a nice cup of hot chocolate.

Each of the four stories involves a couple stranded during the holidays and having to make the most of the situation they are in. The best pa
Kristin (These Pretty Words)
Originally reviewed on These Pretty Words.

I was really excited to read the Stranded with a Hero anthology. A handful of romantic, snow filled stories? Sounds perfect to this Minnesota gal! I will say that anthologies are a tricky thing. Most often I find that I’ll love one story, like one or two, and not be a fan of at least one and once again, I found that to be true.

The first story of the anthology, Loving Mindy, was cute and sweet. Mindy in unexpectedly spending Christmas alone after her ex-h
Sandra
Nov 15, 2013 Sandra rated it really liked it
I love reading novellas with stranded couples getting to know each other under weather related circumstances that force them to hole up and shut the world out and focus on each other. Four authors bring snowstorms as Mother Nature allows them to laugh, love and bond intimately and bring out the romance as they focus on each other. "White-Hot Holiday" was a fun read due to the setting being in New Zealand which has hot temperatures and a volcano eruption kept the hero stranded. "An Officer and a ...more
Leigh Collazo
Nov 13, 2013 Leigh Collazo rated it really liked it
These four novellas aren't going to change the world. They aren't something I'll remember a year from now. They are a little sappy and a lot cliche. If you are looking for something high in literary merit and political cachet, you'll want to stay away from Stranded With A Hero. Go for Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly instead. But if you want something sweet to cozy up with on a cold, snowy night, Stranded With A Hero is a great choice.

Of the four stories, I liked Loving Mindy (the first one) the
Snarky Mom
Nov 11, 2013 Snarky Mom rated it really liked it
STRANDED WITH A HERO is a 350 page, 4 story anthology, that sells for $2.99 at Amazon Kindle. This is an Entangled Bliss publishing house release and as usual, Entangled can be counted upon to put out a worthwhile read! The four stories in this anthology all feature a couple that is stranded at the holiday times… together… and learn how to get past different conflicts that keep them from being together. Past misunderstandings… person is sibling of a friend, etc… Let’s face it – Christmas stuff h ...more
Roxanne Snopek
Sep 25, 2014 Roxanne Snopek rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Loved it... because my story is alongside Cindi Madsen, Karen Erickson and Coleen Kwan. Isn't that AWESOME?
Alison

Loving Mindy by Karen Erickson
Mindy can’t believe she's stuck with her ex–best friend—and the man whose heart she broke years ago—for the holidays, though the tension between them is more than enough to keep them warm. Josh Powers never forgot Mindy, but he can’t risk his heart a second time.

White-Hot Holiday by Coleen Kwan
Three stars.

I have recently read some of Coleen Kwan's Accidentally in Love novels and this was the main reason I bought the anthology.

TBH, by the time I got around to readi
Shari
Jan 02, 2014 Shari rated it it was amazing
Grab a cup of hot chocolate, a blanket and a roaring fire in the fireplace and you will have a perfect afternoon. This is four novellas with a person being stranded close to the Christmas holidays, with HEA. Each story will not disappoint you, each tied up with an epilogue. I now want to go back and read other stories by these authors.
I received this book from the publisher for a honest review.
Donnajo
Nov 11, 2013 Donnajo rated it it was amazing
From publisher for a honest opinion

Four wonderful short stories each a new to me author that I wil for sure add to my future list. Can't pick out on favorite. they are all wonderful with their own stranded storyline, Likable characters, great dialogue. I would for sure recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good group of short story holiday romances.
Emma
Nov 16, 2013 Emma rated it it was amazing
Loving Mindy by Karen Erickson was a fantastic novella. I've been enjoying this series very much and YES like others I wish Mindy & Josh would have had a full book for them because they were really great characters and the chemistry was fantastic.
Still this novella was very well done and deserves the full 5 stars.
Claire
Jul 14, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-kindle, na
I dont usually like short stories but these were nice and timely, good to read round the christmas chores. Some nice stories and written by authors that I hope to indulge in a little more next year.
Alycia
It's here!!! I love it! The Bliss Xmas anthology that features stories from some of your favorite authors! Each story has a couple stranded and stuck in close proximity for the holidays. :)

Casey
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Stranded with a Hero is an anthology that contains four short novellas from some of the Bliss authors and series. I have really enjoyed reading some of these series, and I was really excited to see some more stories featuring some well known and loved characters and also some new characters. This anthology is all about Christmas novellas, and is just the thing to put you in the spirit of the holidays. I loved the sweet nature of these stories,
Carrie

4/5
Yazmin
Jun 02, 2014 Yazmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Loving Mindy by Karen Erickson

Mindy McKenzie Fenton and Josh Powers grew up together and were best friends. But the day she broke his heart they were unable to be friends any more. They have both moved on with their lives, but they have been able to keep track of each other through their friends and family. Read More...
  • Her Accidental Boyfriend (Secret Wishes, #2)
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Tangling with the CEO
  • Last Chance Proposal
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • Love Bites (Sugar City #1)
  • Resisting the Hero (Accidentally in Love, #3)
  • Season of Second Chances
  • Seven Day Fiancé (Love and Games, #2)
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
  • Tempted in the Tropics (Suddenly Smitten, #2)
  • Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2)
  • Taming the Country Star
  • A Cinderella Christmas Carol (Suddenly Cinderella, #1.5)
  • The Switched Baby Scandal
  • Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites #1)
  • Bikers and Pearls (Summerbrook, #1)
  • Resisting Her Rival (Stealing the Heart, #2)
aka Roxanne Willems-Snopek.

Before she was a novelist, Roxanne was an aerobics instructor (fired for insufficient coordination), a cosmetics salesperson (lacked that go-for-the-throat sales attitude), a dog-trainer (they all died*), a tax consultant with H&R Block (yeah, that was before Quicken and TurboTax), taught dog and cat breed names (she's a font of useless information) and even wrote co
More about Roxanne Snopek...

Lone Pine Lake (2 books)
  • Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake, #1)
  • Tempting Cameron (Lone Pine Lake, #2)