Start by marking “Bullet to the Heart (No Mercy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bullet to the Heart (No Mercy, #1)

Bullet to the Heart

(No Mercy #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,249 ratings  ·  181 reviews
She was born to love then taught to kill. She has become everything but is no one.

Known only as Bullet she was long ago forced to shed the name her parents gave her. Changed, molded and trained to kill with sharp-shooting efficiency she is one of The Collective’s most valuable assets. In a cadre of killers, Bullet is death waiting but her time for vengeance has come.

He
Published October 2nd 2013 by Hartwood Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bullet to the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bullet to the Heart

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Bullet to the Heart (No Mercy, #1)
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4/4.5--Action Packed--Stars!

This was a very exciting read. Lots of action and suspense and drama....with some sexy times thrown in. Overall a really good read and a great start to the series.

Gretchen Dearborn--Remi--Bullet

Born Gretchen....but after witnessing the death of her parents at the age of 4 she's forced to become Remi/Bullet. An assassin. A part of The Collective. A member of the First Team.

Trained to kill. As dead inside as all of the people she has been forced to kill. She is on a
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Shelves: read-in-2013
Jointly reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/10/...

Gitte: 5 Suspenseful and Sexy Stars
Jenny: 5 What she said ^^^

Gitte:
Mei
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
This is a very dark book.

A man, greedy for more and more power "trains" little girls to become assassins. And what a training that is!

It is torture, pure an dsimple! They're denied names, words, tears, air... they suffer hunger and thirst, cold and scortching hot... And if they cannot make it, they are killed.

Until nothing remains in them...

Bullet is one of those girls. She and her sisters are the first who have survived the training and they're lethal. Bullet, as her name says is lethal with
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Gitte: 5 Suspenseful and Sexy Stars
Jenny: 5 What she said ^^^

Jointly reviewed for

description

Gitte: So wow, this was different….different in the most thrilling, dark, heart-breaking and sexy passionate way. Yeah, this book had EVERYTHING! What a find Jenny!! What a truly addictive fast paced story that takes the reader through every emotion possible, as you slowly break down from what’s unfolding in front of your eyes. I feel like I’ve been on one hell of an exhausting ride that had my heart and pulse
Paula
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was ok

Well, this book starts out strong, but then it lost me about halfway. It slows way down and I started to feel very disconnected from the H/h romance and story. I had hoped for a little more emotional intensity from this book with the intriguing blurb.
Nikki
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every year I read countless books. I’ve been blogging for 3 1/2 years now. That’s a lot of books people. Hundreds. So listen very carefully to what I am going to say next. Bullet To The Heart BLEW THEM ALL AWAY. It is most definitely my favorite book this year….it might even be my favorite book since I started blogging. Hell….I dunno, I’d say it’s up there with my favorite books EVER. It’s gritty, heart breaking to read and incredibly dark. You need to know going into this one that it is NOT an ...more
Kathleen

Heat Level ~ 4 Stars
Action Level ~ 5 Stars
Ending ~ 3 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 4.5 Stars

This was one heck of a read! I was totally blown away, and LOVED so many things about this book. This story was gripping and grabbed me right from the start. It was extremely fast paced, the action was non-stop and not a boring moment was to be had, from the first page to the last.

All the characters were FANTASTIC, my
Kristi
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars!! I really liked this one! Dark, Angsty, Sexy!!!
Natalia
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Love both the Mcs ,

Remi Is just a Kick ass h!!! The girl is deathly...

The thing that just didn't sit with me, was the "insta-love"!

From the 1st time they see each other, there's a dependency, a need, a universal bond of souls and for me that was hard to read and go with it!

spoiler: (view spoiler)

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bullet To The Heart by Lea Griffith
5 stars!!

“Your pain breaks my heart, and that’s frightening. I didn’t think I had one anymore.”

I absolutely fell in love with this book, it is like nothing that I have ever read. It is unique, captivating, dark, emotional, addictive, powerful, thought provoking and unputdownable (if that is even a word!).

Bullet is the scariest kick ass heroine that I have ever come across, this girl has strength, balls and guts that even some men would love to have. She is a
London
description
Title: Bullet to the Heart (No Mercy #1)
Series: Yes, but each book is about separate characters
Author: Lea Griffith
Rating: 2.75 disconnected stars
POV: Dual
HEA: (view spoiler)
Triggers?
Cliffhanger: . Yes.
Intolerable Heroine .No.
Über Douchebagery .A bit.
Taboo Subject Matter .Yes. Torture
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
description

I really wanted to like this book but there was just such an emotional
LizBookAddict
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Brutally painful and brilliantly bending STARS!!!

"I will not break. Bend.... but not break"

This is the mantra Gretchen "Bullet" Dearborn lives by and what keeps her alive and sane even when she is tortured to within an inch of her life.
Kidnapped when little, she and her band of "sisters" are trained and conditioned to become the deadliest killers any megalomaniac could want. Each one named after their speciality, Bullet,Blade, Arrow and Bone(who I'm guessing breaks bones quite efficiently)
Tiffany
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
10 plus stars !!! This was my Favorite read this year!! Seriously..It was so well written and I was Hooked!! Achingly Heartbreaking and Brutal and Lovely ...and all sorts of feelings that a Great Book should share with you! Wishing the next book would still continue the Story of Bullet/Remi/Gretchen and Rand..But the Author is continuing on with Adam and Arrow/Saya's Story.. Hopefully she will back track and Do a follow up with Rand and Gretchen!! I can't say enough about how you all should read ...more
Joan (official heroine hater)
This was okay, I didn't hate it. The heroine was actually pretty good, no whining and minimal tears. The hero was just okay for me, he seemed like the standard type of hero, nothing to write home about. The plot and action were pretty fun but I'm not sure if I really want to continue the series or not. Things in this book were left unresolved and I'm guessing each book follows a different girl to get to the end result. I do want to know what happens, but not really in the mood right now to keep ...more
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
One of the best assassin books I've read

This book starts with a prologue that made me gasp, sad, and sick to the stomach. But the author had me right there and I knew this book is definitely my taste.

“Bullet was five years old… Staked to the ground, naked, through the night, and forced to maintain silence for fear of punishment.”

•She was taught to kill
•She was taught be emotionless
•She was taught not to break
•She was reborn to be a killer

One day, a little girl lost everything and everyone she
Jo
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gr2015, 4-stars
This book was fantastic! Edge of your seat suspense and intrigue….
description
“It is a singularly defining experience to realize you are that connected with another. Yet this is what lies between my sisters and I. A bond forged in hell cannot help but become the strongest bond, vraiment?”

Bullet aka Remi aka Gretchen was taken from her murdered family when she was just four years old, and trained to be a merciless killer together with four other very young girls. She remembers the love of her family, but

Victoria
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it

“I’m a killer, Mr. Beckett. You should never hurt for me.” Her voice was resolved, and in it was years of loss.

“If I could stop it, I would. You have worked for him, killed for him. I should hate you, but I—”

Silence held sway as he tried to stop the flow of his words. This was wrong. It could never be.

“You what, Mr. Beckett?” Her gaze pinned him, and he felt bitterness that he
Kirsten
Could. Not. Put. Down. Holy shit! What a rush! This was an absolutely amazing story, and I loved every minute of it. The best heroines are ALWAYS the complete bad ass. Bullet had this in spades. The story and writing flowed nicely, there was great sexual tension, action and suspense, and of course, sexy as hell characters. I wonder if I am the only one who would keep hearing the Kill Bill snippet? You know the one! I am excited to see where this goes and what happens to all of the sisters. ...more
Fran
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bullet's story got me hooked right from the start. Everything that she went through made me feel for her. I can't imagine how she survived after everything. Not once did she evenbreak. For me, she's definitely one of the most kickass female leads ever and I can't wait for the next installment.

Jules
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars Loved this book! I love reading about bad ass heroines. It was a refreshing different storyline. Action-packed, suspenseful, intense, heartbreaking and steamy. The story ended at 81% with many unanswered questions. I hope the author will continue Bullet and Rand's story. The next one will be about Arrow and Adam.
Cath
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5stars. Certainly a different book...very well written. Loved Bullet and Rand as characters. Ended rather abruptly so looking forward to book two to continue with what presumably will be Arrows story. I can see there being quite a bit more reading till this all concludes....
Destini Brown
*************MUST READ**************

Can't believe I waited so long to read this!!! Exactly what I need to get out of my book funk!
Cindy
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is hardcore stuff right here.. The author blew me away with the brutality and heartbreak of this story.

Girls are taken at the age of 5 by a sadistic man who tortures the humanity out of them to turn them into deadly assassins. Twenty two years ago he took his first set of girls now they are his best assassins. But for those 22 years they have been plotting to get there revenge. The one born Gretchen who became Bullet is the heroine of this story. She is the deadliest sniper there is. When
Saunders
This has been sitting on my Kindle tbr since 2013 and I finally got into it this week.

Different, very different with a kick ass story that kept me engrossed from start to finish. Fast paced with lots of action and was hooked from the first chapter. This is the kind of writer that I love, visual, strong writing, great characters, and kept me engaged from start to finish.

the Prologue is hard to read but sets the story for the characters we are about to know and their journey into captivity and
Cassie
Wow.

I had a vague idea going into this book what it was about thanks to the lovely ladies at totallybooked but holy shit that doesn't prepare you for what it will feel like when you actually read it.

This is definitely a much more mature book then some. It's not fluffy or filled with stares of longing or a lot of pretense. This is revenge on a silver platter and the characters just happen to be unable to resist the physical pull they have towards each other--and a physical relationship that
Paula
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. Bullet was a very interesting character and the whole plot line is really intriguing. I am looking forward to the other books in the series and to learn more about the other assassins.
*Book-Lover*
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
review to come. gotta say though....this is one of the best books I've read so far of this year! off to book 2!
Ada
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

Badass chicks, fearless killers with a heart only hot special ops guys can make it beat again, plus an intriguing plot, yes please!
I would've liked more dialogue though.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Action Packed and Suspenseful!

“Your pain breaks my heart, and that’s frightening. I didn’t think I had one anymore,” he said against her lips."

It had my heart racing from the opening scene till the last page flip! This was my first book by Lea Griffith but I can't wait to read more! I definitely need to start right into the next book in this series.

My full review:
Debbie
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN A FEW MINOR SPOILERS ....

What an absolutely wonderful book. I could not put it down! Bullet (a/k/a Remi and Grethen) was taken when she was five years old and watched as her father, mother and sister were gunned. Joseph, the leader of the Collective, is the sick ba$t*rd who took her. But Bullet wasn't the only one he took. Joseph took four other girls from different countries, all of them the same age. But only three of those other girls survived, along with Bullet. They
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Sidetracked (Mindf*ck, #2)
  • All the Lies (Mindf*ck, #4)
  • Scarlet Angel (Mindf*ck, #3)
  • Paint It All Red (Mindf*ck, #5)
  • The Risk (Mindf*ck, #1)
  • Deathless & Divided (The Chicago War, #1)
  • Venom
  • Ruthless People (Ruthless People, #1)
  • A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3)
  • Dirty Ties
  • The Beast of Beswick
  • Goodnight (Broken Heart, #4)
  • Equal Parts (Supernova #1)
  • The Missing Link (Marked, #1)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Beautiful Killer (Lawless Kings, #3)
  • War of Hearts
  • Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
Lea Griffith began sneaking to read her mother’s romance novels at a young age. She cut her teeth on the greats: McNaught, Woodiwiss, and Garwood. A firm believer that love makes the world go round, she still consumes every romance book she can put her hands on, but now she writes her own.
Lea lives with her husband and three teenage daughters in rural Georgia. Two dogs, a cat, and a beta fish

No Mercy (4 books)
  • Arrow to the Soul (No Mercy, #2)
  • Bone Deep (No Mercy, #3)
  • Kiss of a Blade (No Mercy, #4)
“You won’t see me, but I’ll be the second to the last thing you ever know, I promise.” She let the quiet invade her soul, gave a few moment for her words to sink in. “We’re coming for you, Joseph.” 1 likes
“He got in her face then, anger pouring off him. He smelled so good, and his breath was warm as it blew against her face and neck. “You’re goddamn right this isn’t a game. Do you think for one fucking minute that, as I looked down on you dying in that pit, I thought it was fun? You nearly died, Gretchen. It is intolerable. I will not lose you!” He was yelling by the time he finished and he took her face in his hands, forcing her to meet his gaze.

“You wormed your stubborn ass into my soul, and I’ll not fucking allow you to kill yourself for vengeance. You’ll stay here, where I can keep you safe, and we’ll plan, Gretchen. We’ll plan, and then we’ll act, but we will do it together. You will never put me through that again,” he said viciously.”
0 likes