Start by marking “The Cursed (Krewe of Hunters, #12)” as Want to Read:
The Cursed (Krewe of Hunters, #12)

The Cursed (Krewe of Hunters #12)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  2,385 Ratings  ·  198 Reviews
Hannah O'Brien, who grew up in the house and now runs it as a B and B, has always had a special ability to see a pair of resident ghosts. But when a man is murdered in the alley behind her place, she's dismayed when his spirit appears, too, asking for help.

FBI agent Dallas Samson has a passionate interest in the murder, since the victim's a colleague whose death is connec
Published May 27th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Cursed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cursed

ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Feb 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
1.5

Key West, Florida

This could have been a good treasure hunt story with ghost and criminals in the mix but ended up being one of the most boring books I've read. At first I thought The Cursed simply had a misfortune to be the next book in line after a great series but I was wrong. Historical snippets are the only thing that kept my attention.

Imagine you are an FBI agent and you are investigating a death of an undercover agent. The truth about the agent's identity could jeopardize the investigat
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I really enjoyed this book. The plot was very interesting and kept me guessing; I also really liked all the characters. It was fun learning the history and geography of Key West, Florida. The ending was a little cheesy, but still nice.

I really enjoyed the narration and I though he did a great job.
☕ Kimberly
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Five reasons to grab a cup of coffee and curl up with The Cursed

1. You love murder mysteries, hidden treasure and ghosts. The central theme is an undercover FBI operation and murder of an agent right outside a historic Bed & Breakfast. FBI Agent Dallas Samson believes the murder(s) are connected to a smuggling ring known as Los Lobos. The case was an interesting one with dark elements and sinister suspects. Graham shared the POV of the killer adding to the suspenseful vibe.

2. The setting- Se
Majanka
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/reviews/...

I love Heather Graham’s books, so of course I requested a review copy of “The Cursed“. While I did like the book, I felt like it was missing something, some of the originality I found in the other, previous books in the Krewe of Hunters series.

Hannah O’Brien, one of the main characters, owns and runs a Bed and Breakfast in Key West. The B&B is situated in a Victorian mansion she inherited from her great uncle. The
Rhonda
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it

4 STARS

The Cursed I think is one of my favorite stories from Heather Graham. It has the suspense, drama, just 2 Krewe members and way heavy on the ghosts, plus humor. It does have a sex scene that I skipped over.

The plot a couple staying at the Bed & breakfast who went on ghost tour that night while staying by the pool see a ghost with bloody knife start screaming. That morning Hannah finds a dead guy just like the ghost described by her guests. After cops leave she encounters the ghost a
Patricia
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
A book I love may be a book someone else doesn't like but all books are like that. I am a huge Heather Graham fan and I really loved this book. I like the two main characters, Hanna and Dallas, very much. I do wish their story could have been expanded more. I hope they will be in the next book in this series. I also love stories with lots of ghosts, haunted houses, etc. I love paranormal happenings and this book has all of those things. Melody and Hagan were especially lovable ghosts. In previou ...more
Jessica
Rather weak instalment in the Krewe of Hunters series, and the first one I dragged myself through. The typical elements are there, but the ghost/romance/mystery formula felt stale in this one. There were too many undeveloped elements in the story and the characters didn't have compelling backstories. The setting--usually one of the strongest features in these books--felt lacklustre. Heather Graham included lots of local lore, as usual, but it didn't really tie into the story and felt like filler ...more
Luree T Hughes
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this to be an easy read. Maybe because the setting is in the Florida Keys. Love the Keys. The history she gave is very correct and the setting is very "spirit"ual. Will try to read the whole series.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Good solid 3.5 stars.
I'm craving mysteries and this installment of the Krewe of Hunters did the trick.
Nancy Haddock
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, loved it! Heather's books blow me away!
Lady-Erin Mason
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great Halloween read. I love the Krewe of Hunters!
Robyn
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book; a great treasure hunt. Hannah and Dallas my two favorite characters. A one-day read you won't be able to put it down. A haunted house in Key West turns out to be a great mystery.
Bea  Charmed
3.5 stars.

I hadn't read a Heather Graham book for a while; I read the first couple in this series several years ago and they did nothing for me. But the blurb was appealing and I heard good things about it so I grabbed this one when I had the chance. Like Kay Hooper's Bishop/Special Crime Unit series, Graham's Krewe is a special team within the FBI who have various psychic abilities though most of the Krewe's seem to have to do with seeing ghosts. They go around solving mysteries that have paran
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, mysteries
What if you could see ghosts? And not just the ones that haunt your house, but other ghosts as well? Hannah O'Brien is used to seeing Melody and Hagen, the house ghosts, but is surprised when the ghost of a man murdered outside her house appears to her asking for help.

Hannah runs a bed and breakfast in the house she grew up in in Key West. Special Agent Dallas Sampson decides to take a room after realizing that Hannah might be in danger from whoever killed his friend, Jose, also an FBI agent.

Han
Ionia
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it
You know, I wanted to love this book. Yeah, we all say that as reviewers from time to time, but this time I really mean it. I have read quite a few Heather Graham titles, some that I loved, some that I didn't love quite as much. For this novel, after reading the blurb, I really thought this might be one of those that just captivated me from the beginning, but sadly, that was not the case.

I did like that this main character starts out able to see the ghosts. Getting the accepted paranormal stuff
Kari
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, kindle
The Cursed is the 12th book in the Krewe of Hunters series. I'm pleased to say that even after 12 books, the series is still very enjoyable. I really enjoyed this one. The characters were strong and fun. I loved that they didn't get a long at first. That always makes for good tension. In the end, I thought Hannah and Dallas were perfect for each other. The mystery was well written. I didn't guess the killer until the very end.

What I loved most about the book was that is took place in Key West wh
Portia
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You would think with so many series going, Heather Graham's titles would get stale. Nope. The Cursed had be up and clicking pages well into the night...just like my very first Graham title, years ago.

Hannah O'Brien is a class act, who likes who she is and what she does. A Key West Native, she loves her home town. Dallas Samson enters her world with a band, but soon reveals that he is not such a bad guy. In fact, he has a few hidden talents, himself.

The narration on this one was fabulous.

Great st
Amber
Good entry in the series. I do enjoy the Key West stories. ALMOST makes me want to visit some day (but humidity, ugh). They didn't make the big big bad ENTIRELY obvious, but it did become clear before the big reveal. But I liked that the organized crime aspects made it harder to figure out who the bad guy was. I like to guess. Recommend.
BJ
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series; a historic setting, a mystery, a hint of the paranormal and just a smidge of chemistry and romance--what's not to like. Another book set in Key West, great history of pirates and treasure, fun, and ghost stories, a wonderful setting for a Krewe story.
Debrac2014
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this story! Good murder mystery even tho the author reveals the killer midway thru the book. I was surprised at who was the Wolf!
Louisa
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book! Loved the mystery, and how they had the Los Lobos gang and yeah, really fantastic book! Can't wait to read more!
Ralph
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of her best.
Rachel
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again- Luke Daniels made this book so enjoyable. He makes each character come to life. I will sing his praises in each review I do on a book he has narrated.

I liked this book more than the most recent ones I've read from the series (I'm reading them out of order). I enjoyed the ghost story and mystery portion a lot. I like Dallas and Hannah together, although for once I would like the romance to actually take time to blossom and people not fall in love in a matter of weeks, but that's just
Jack Murphy
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book
I enjoyed the narrator for this audiobook and I thought this was another solid effort by Heather Graham in her Krewe of Hunters series. I'm once again pleased at this one being less formulaic than some of the previous books. I certainly enjoyed Dallas and Hannah and the romance that developed between them. While I didn't figure out the identify of Machete, I had figured that the Wolf was a member of law enforcement and who he was about half way through the book.
Certainly an enjoyable and fast p
Linda
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book takes up back to Key West and all the characters that we met in her earlier books. Hannah O'Brien runs a Bed and Breakfast and does ghost tours for the tourist until she finds a body behind her house who had been murdered. FBI Agent Dallas Samson joined the local U.S. Marshall's office to help in this case because the victim was an undercover FBI Agent and a friend. With the help of the spirits that Hannah and her family could see, they discovered that a branch of the Los Labos gang wa ...more
Kem
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I listened to this one on CD as the book wasn't available and I wanted to finish a knitting project. I knew right away that the bad guy had to be connect somehow to law enforcement. The ghost was an undercover agent that hardly got started before he was murdered. I liked the two main characters and the plot is good, but the process sometimes didn't seem logical. I like the Krewe of Hunters series as a whole, but this one isn't as good as others I've read so far.
Marti
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Twelfth in a twenty-book series, this author seems to be honing her skills. There is definitely a pattern, so after a few of these novels, the reader definitely knows what the basic outline will follow. However, that said, the character development is becoming richer as are the setting descriptions. This one took place in Key West and I really felt like I was walking along Duval Street. I'm still enjoying this series.
Cami
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy the "Krewe" books, but I do wonder why, when they find it so easy to talk to spirits, that they don't use their help more intelligently. This was especially true at the end of this book, as I shook my head in disbelief at the unfolding of events.

I'm also frequently surprised at the conclusions people jump to in this story. This was a fun book to read anyway, and I particularly enjoyed the history I learned in this one.
Sharon Gallup
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heather Graham is one of my top favorite authors. As her usual style this book was fast action and held my attention right to the end. just when you think you know who the killer is , she sends a twist and you get so surprised towards the end. Every time i read her books she describes the area that she writes about, in such style that it makes me long to go there and see for my self.
Sheila HAMMERSTAD
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
No surprise who the bad guys were in this one, too predictable. Same love story rewritten on different characters as well.
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Narrator 2 11 Aug 22, 2015 05:50AM
  • Guarded (Tidewater, #2)
  • The Awakening (Alliance Vampires #5)
  • Fear the Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #16; Dark #1)
  • To Love a Highland Dragon (Dragon Lore, #2)
  • Hot as Hell (Deep Six 0.5)
  • The Shifters (The Keepers Trilogy #2)
  • Rogue's Passion (Iron Portal, #2)
  • Innocent Prey (Brown and De Luca, #3)
  • Phantom Wolf (Phoenix Force, #2)
  • Barefoot with a Bad Boy (Barefoot Bay Undercover, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe, #14)
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)
  • Race for the Gold
  • The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)
  • The Witch Thief (Unbound #6)
  • Villere House (Blood of My Blood #1)
  • I'll Find You
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
  • Running with Wolves (The Colony #1)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Roseanna (Martin Beck, #1)
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)