Start by marking “Adaptive Code Via C#: Agile Coding with Design Patterns and Solid Principles” as Want to Read:
Adaptive Code Via C#: Agile Coding with Design Patterns and Solid Principles

Adaptive Code Via C#: Agile Coding with Design Patterns and Solid Principles

Your process may be agile, but are you building agility directly into the code base? This book teaches .NET programmers how to give code the flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and customer demands by applying cutting-edge techniques, including SOLID principles, design patterns, and other industry best practices.

Understand why composition is preferable to
Published May 22nd 2014 by Microsoft Press (first published February 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Adaptive Code Via C#, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adaptive Code Via C#

Start your review of Adaptive Code Via C#: Agile Coding with Design Patterns and Solid Principles
Aelena
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Wish I had found a book like this 10 years earlier. Even seasoned devs or architects will find here concepts and ideas they did not know before or hadn't understand with the necessary clarity. That is precisely one of the virtues of the book. Simple, clear, concise and precise language, with no unwarranted jargon o verbosity. Make sure you get a copy for yourself and a few copies for your younger and more eager devs.
Tom Jones
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended.

I've been using C# for a while (My first Programming language) and learned new things and concepts about the language.

For someone who's looking into a career as a software developer primarily using C#, it was very helpful. Useful for both beginners who wish to learn the language and someone like myself.

5 stars from me.
Mark Magagna
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely worth reading.
Yura Terletskyi
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best software design book I have read so far. It was a clue - a breaking book for me.
Jose  Ignacio Seco Sanz
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-re-read, technical
Great book.
Daniel Oliver
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good primer for a typical C# developer in Nashville.
Pandiyan
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good one :)
Pawel
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: job, favorites
It's the best programming book I've read for a long time. When I was reading it there were so many new and fascinating things that I felt like Neo in Matrix learning whole Kung Fu in just a few minutes.

Just a few examples of the things I learned (and there were many, many others):
-I already knew to favor composition over inheritance but I learned why
-why using "new" keyword is (in many cases) bad
-how to create more readable/declarative tests using the builder pattern
-2 separate types of TDD:
Dan Dexter
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What caught my attention about Adaptive Code Via C# is that it combined Agile methodologies, design patterns, and SOLID Principles into one book and this was made readily apparent by the subtitle. When I came across this book, I was more interested in the SOLID Principles part as I’ve had a decent amount of experience working on Agile teams, and had a copy of the well-received Design Patterns book by the Gang Of Four, which I was certain that I wouldn’t learn anything new from Adaptive Code Via ...more
Arun Mahendrakar
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read for C# developers. Depending on your level of experience, you may find it either highly informative if you're a mid-level developer or use it as a great reference book if you're an experienced developer.

The book starts with Scrum basics. It was reviving to read about the overall process. There are some crucial design strategies that are described in part 1 of the book.

The chapter about Unit testing and refactoring in part 1 was very convincing as well. The explanation
Charles Mccown
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent resource for learning about the SOLID principles.

The book begins with an overview of Scrum, unit testing and refactoring.

Next it gives excellent explanations for each of the principles. I was very happy with these chapters which were well formatted, easy to understand and a joy to read.

Finally the book concludes with samples that follow a team of developers through the agile process. These felt genuine, and helped reinforce the material.

Great book for developers
Edonis Seferi
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: software-read
No book made clear the solid principles as well as this. I can not recommend this highly enough. I am seriously considering reading the new revision that has recently been published. It is extremely concise, not verbose at all (unlike some software development books that attempt to be far too intelligent diluting the intended message) and the examples are brilliant.

Any developer can learn from this, from beginner to senior. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Ben Rand
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: programming
A really concise overview of several important programming concepts. Many of the main topics here (Dependency Injection, Patterns) have entire books dedicated to those topics so this is either a good starting point or good review. The best thing about the book, IMO, is how it glues together a lot of these concepts.
Dmitriy Melnik
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book covers a big deal of best principles and practices of OOP development. As an experienced .NET developer, I found a few things new to me, though most of the material I already knew. As a whole the book was of a little value to me. I think it is most valuable for junior developers.
Jeff Patterson
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book changed the way I think about programming.
Artem Valieiev
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I suggest this book everyone who are going to work in team. It's covers basics of scrum process and management, with fundamentals of design practices in C# and solid Principles.
Luis Carrazana
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great tips for leveraging best practices and patterns. Very simple to understand.
Mark

• Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C#
  • Dependency Injection in .NET
  • The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers
  • The Art of Unit Testing: With Examples in .NET
  • Pattern Recognition (Blue Ant, #1)
  • Patterns Principles and Practices of Domain Driven Design
  • CLR via C# (Pro-Developer)
  • The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
  • Domain-Driven Design Distilled
  • Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software
  • Dependency Injection Principles, Practices, and Patterns

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
“Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.” —Cyril Northcote Parkinson” 1 likes
“casting the interface reference to any implementation is always a bad idea.” 1 likes