Start by marking “Night Light (Restoration #2)” as Want to Read:
Night Light (Restoration #2)

Night Light

(Restoration #2)

An era unlike any in modern civilization is descending without lights, electronics, running water, or automobiles. As a global blackout lengthens into months, the neighbors of Oak Hollow grapple with a chilling realization: the power may never return.

Survival has become a lifestyle. When two young thieves break into the Brannings' home and clean out the food in their pantr
Published July 4th 2006 by Zondervan (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Night Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Light

Joy
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes I have a hard time assigning stars to books I read and this is one of those times.

Do I think this is the great American novel? No. I enjoy Terri Blackstock's books and although she has quite a few books to her name, they are not cranked out with cookie cutter formula like some writers do. This book, like the first in the series, makes you think about what you would do if you faced the lifestyle crisis presented in the Restoration series. I find myself thinking about the story through m
Joanne
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is the second in a series. It continues the story of a town that had a blackout caused by a pulsar in outer space. I found it spiritually fulfilling to see how the members of the town helped each other and how they used their faith to help them get through their situation. The story applies to many situations that may occur for people and for that reason, I think it is very relatable. There were places in the plot where the characters were forced to rethink their values and as a result ...more
Sarita
What would you do when all electronics is down, you only have the bare minimum of food, then all your food gets stolen and you track the thieves to a family of 4 children, the eldest nine, the youngest 3, with a mother missing and having to fend for themselves.

The Branning's had to deal with this question in book 2 of the series. They decided to take these children in and care for them until family is found.

Terri Blackstock produced another great read which challenge you as reader and provided e
Loraine
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This second book of the Restoration Series continues the saga of the Branning Family and their Oak Hollow neighbors. Technology is a thing of the past as a power outage covers the globe. One family struggles to do what’s right when so much is going wrong. When the Brannings catch two boys breaking into their home, Jeff tracks them to a filthy apartment and discovers a family of children living alone, stealing to stay alive. Where is their mother? The search for answers uncovers a trail of desper ...more
(Liene)
A good sequel! Though it was quite predictable, almost as predictable as the first book, it was still a very enjoyable read!

I'm still loving the community in this series and how they're still growing closer. It's also great to see how people are growing closer to God in their personal relationships with Him!

I've definitely become attached to the characters and even found myself panicking when I saw that something bad was going to happen, and that's always a good sign, the characters seem real.
J.C.
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING.

The book opens on two young boys, thieves, on their job of stealing from the Brannings. At first, I wasn’t sure why this book opened up on two boys previously completely unrelated to the plot, and I was mostly SUPER irritated at them for taking the Branning’s food and really frustrated and waned to scream at the page. So from that perspective, then the book succeeded in yanking ahold of my thoughts and emotions from page one. And from then on, the story involving these boys
Suzanne
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it

All of America is trying to cope with the elctromagnetic pulses of the universe. They have no electricity and their bank accounts are frozen so they have no money to buy food. All of the families in the communities are digging wells for fresh water, tilling their yards so they can be used for planting fresh vegetables, and they are bartering amongst themselves for animals, clothing and items that can used in everyday life.

The community starts to hold town meetings down by the river. Families bri
Eric Wright
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book 2. Without knowing about the others in this series I picked this book up independently, attracted by Blackstock's reputation for suspense, good writing, and Christian commitment. I am not one to read books on Armageddon or some futuristic catastrophes that affect the whole world, so for a while I was put off by the setting of this book. When I did pick it up again, I enjoyed it.

A power outage caused by pulses has plunged the whole world into a power failure. Technology is useless. No elect
Kimberly
Oct 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christianfiction
Book 2 in the Restoration series.
This picks up right where the first book left off. The Brannings are learning to deal with the outages and make do with their new lifestyle. They know that it takes a lot of hard, honest work to make their lives a little easier. Unfortunately, not everyone has their same values. When someone breaks into their house to steal food, they follow the perpetrators home only to find a big surprise. The thieves turn out to be four children under the age of 9 who are liv
Lisa Hoffe
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fascinating to think of life right now, without all of what we take for granted. Such a soft society we live in. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Ashley Bogner
Good, just not as good as the first one, in my opinion.
Bonnie
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A worthy successor to the first book, this second part of the Restoration series is a real page turner. I had a hard time tearing myself away from it.
Alaina
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the a great book. I love how the family and community comes together during this massive power outage
Chris
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY

(view spoiler)
Anita
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series and continues the story of the residents of a small town coping with the end of civilization as they know it - no electricity, no communications, nothing electronic works at all after an electromagnetic pulse activity destroys everything. If you haven't read the first one, Last Light, you'll enjoy this more if you read it first. However, the author gives a brief synopsis of what happened at the beginning of the novel, so this novel can stand alone. Like the ...more
Jeni
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
[Audiobook Review]

I was a bigger fan of the narrator this time around, I guess I'm getting used to her. But I was not a fan of her voices for some of the characters, especially for little Sarah. It didn't sound like the voice of a child, but rather it just sounded like an adult doing baby talk. *shakes head furiously* Uh-uh, no thank you!

The book itself was good if lacking in the "suspense" that I was hoping for. But I'm interested in this story, seeing these people move forward with their lives
Brandon Augustus
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Terri Blackstock is the best Christian mystery writer that I know of. I have read her entire Cape Refuge series and loved it. I also read If I Run which is the first book in a series, the second book, called If I'm Found, comes out in March and I am looking forward to it very much! In this book, the Brannings have already dealt with many trials and matured, but it isn't over yet. They will have to face many difficult times and have to make hard decisions. Especially Deni. This book is a little m ...more
Everydayreader1
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Branning family and their neighbors are adjusting to no electricity, running water, electronics, and having to grow or barter for their food. The six of them have about all they can do to provide for themselves. Suddenly, four children are added to their family, and the family and some church members take on helping dwellers of an apartment complex. And just when Deni thinks her life is settled, she discovers it isn't, and she has to make a difficult decision as to whether she wants to merry ...more
Ed
Another good read from the Restoration series. Not as much excitement as the first novel, but we learn about poverty in this volume, and how three children being neglected, took matters into their own hands. And even though they did wrong, the author shows how this came about, and enables our understanding of why they did what they did. Some good lessons to be learned in this volume.
Kathi Kelley
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
Well done. A good follow up to the first book with emphasis upon the daily struggle for an average family to obtain sufficent food and water to survive as well as to cope with a totally collapsed society. A second emphasis is on the christian faith of the principal characters (2 parents and 4 kids ranging in age from 22 down to 9), and how that faith effects their actions and thoughts.
Joy
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed how the author added depth to the story in the second book. I cannot wait to read the third book. The neighborhood has really come together and figured out ways to handle life without electricity, running water, stores to buy food and housewares and of course, they have a murder to solve.
Sharon Marcyes
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Makes You Think

If we lost all modern conveniences, how would we act? How important is our faith, our love for others, and for Jesus Christ? This book helped me sort out my priorities.
Sheila Myers
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
I'm really enjoying this series. Terri Blackstock retains the characters from the first book and adds some great characters in this one. I liked the way she wrote a summary of the first book at the beginning so I was reminded about what happened previously.
Lynette
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
The next one in the series. I'm getting used to her style of writing and the story was pretty good. It's pretty interesting to think about this playing out over a long period of time and how people's natures can make it easier or harder. Two more of these books to go.
Cynthia
Feb 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
I love reading books by this author. God is always in the mist of all her stories showing his love and giving us hope in the mist of adversity. As I read this novel it didn’t quite end as I expected but I still enjoyed the reading.
Kim
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I enjoyed this installment in the series and the lessons were poignant, there is something about the writing that I can’t go higher than 3.5. I liked this one better than the first book and I will probably go for #3 and see what develops.
Brandi
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
A nice continuation of an intense period. I liked the additional characters and further glimpses into what the power outage looks like at this point. Life is trying to stabilize and people are still realizing what they’re made out of.
ANNETTE
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story picks up where the book 2 left off at. Terri Blackstock has a way of pulling you into the story line and following the families . The faith of the Branning family and reaching out to others in time of need. I loved it !
Sara Best
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Night Light. I think it is my favorite of the Terri Blackstock novels I have read so far. One sure sign I enjoyed a story is how much time I think about it and wonder how I would react in such a situation. I have done that a lot over the past week with Night Light.
Sylvia Martinez
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part 2 Night Light

This book is just as good as last night some books get a little far from the first book but not this one it only picks up where they left off with more twist and turns great second book can’t wait to read the thir book

• Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • Coral Moon (Kanner Lake Series #2)
  • Life Support (Santee, #1)
  • The Truth Seeker (O'Malley #3)
  • Beyond Tuesday Morning (9/11, #2)
  • A Shred of Evidence (Seaport Suspense #1)
  • Dead Heat (The Last Jihad, #5)
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived

Restoration (4 books)
  • Last Light (Restoration, #1)
  • True Light (Restoration, #3)
  • Dawn's Light (Restoration, #4)