Start by marking “Edensor” as Want to Read:
Edensor

Edensor

(Tetralogi Laskar Pelangi #3)

Aku ingin mendaki puncak tantangan, menerjang batu granit kesulitan, menggoda mara bahaya, dan memecahkan misteri dengan sains. Aku ingin menghirup berupa-rupa pengalaman lalu terjun bebas menyelami labirin lika-liku hidup yang ujungnya tak dapat disangka. Aku mendamba kehidupan dengan kemungkinan-kemungkinan yang bereaksi satu sama lain seperti benturan molekul uranium: m ...more
Published March 2008 by Bentang (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Edensor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edensor

Start your review of Edensor
Ambar
Nov 15, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who want to inspire about backpacking
Shelves: indonesia, travel
I read Edensor after the first tetra-logy of Andrea Hirata Laskar Pelangi (LP). Only take few hours I came to conclusions that Edensor was far below my expectation.

Compare to LP, Edensor did not have strong character. The flow of building the conflict sound too harsh, too fast. In LP Andrea has capability to bring the reader up and down emotionally through beautiful words, careful sentences and so poetic. Even LP -as Andrea admitted only his memoir but it did have details that enrich the story.
Wahyuningtyas
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite book from Andrea Hirata. Why? It liven up my childhood dream to gain Master Degree abroad. Especially Paris. I'm falling in love with Paris since I was in Junior High School. Read this book can make me not just travel around Paris, but also France, Europe, Germany, Russia until Africa. I can travel there with my imagination hahaha.

This book is telling us about the power of hope, 2 boys from Belitong, a remote area in Indonesia can reach their dream visited Olovyannaya
Maisarah
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hirata interpret that childhood dreams are meant to be realized; just dare to dream. Life is good when you have people who are supporting your dreams and believing in them too. The author also describe life as pieces of mozek, waiting to be discovered and connected. Overall, I am moved and inspire with the storyline.
Teguh Pramono
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My PRECIOUS!!
Arsenio Wicaksono
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never thought that Edensor is a small village in UK.
This book has a big role for me. It's make me realize that book is so important for everyone's life. Because of this book, I started to find that reading is full of joy! Thanks Andrea Hirata, your story is so inspirational. I hope that I can follow your journey to go around the world, and tell people that the world is really-really beautiful. 4 stars!
Adhadewi
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andrea Hirata and his story about pursing his master degree in France and UK. This book, I gotta say is my inspiration. When I read this book years ago, I really wanted to follow the writer path, to go to Sorbonne University! Little did I know, after years my dreams came true! No, not the Sorbonne part, but, Master Degree from abroad (*coughDukeUniversitycough) and... pose in front of the Eiffel. Have to say my appreciation to the writer, he has made me dare to dream! Thank You Andrea Hirata!
Diaa N. K.
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hope I can see the world like they do.
Always funny and courageous. Bringing me anywhere, not even letting me down once. Make me feel like I have been shown the world and helplessly falling in love with it through their lens.
Dadan
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent travel journal
Irzat
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book from my girlfiend (she becomes my ex). Fuck it i still love her.

The book just so wonderfull
Shinta
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's amazing books. You can read so many times and never bored for do this ...more
Fatima Baria
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you wish to stay in French, but your favorite actor has decided to take you on a trip around Europe even Africa, oh boy, just enjoy the trip!!
Karen Cita
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's not telling about a city, a far away place from the main caracter's origin. More than Edensor it was... ...more
Faris Syarifudin
good that's motivate me to study abroad ...more
Fendy F Akbar
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is full of the colour of life spirit. The way Andrea Hirata put wonderful stories together with describing the beautiful places and moments is the power of the book.
Nadhiratuz Zahrah
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is overrated.
Zoe
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very inspirational book. This book triggers me to work more on my dreams. Thank you Andrea Hirata and Arai :)
Kit
Dec 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH WOW

The book, on its own, is praiseworthy, a masterpiece, and so on and so forth. Edensor has a more international feel than its predecessors which is only natural, as the protagonist(s) packed their bags for Europe, but it is an absolute tou-de-force: It is breakneck speed literature which drags you, well pretty damn fast, although you offer yourself willingly; struggle to keep up as you travel from the frostbitten plum trees of Russia to the sparse heartlands of Africa. But no, you will keep
Silvia Natari
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third book of the tetralogy 'Laskar Pelangi' that I read. And no doubt to give 5 stars to this amazing novel!

Edensor is the title of this novel which is a village in Derbyshire, England which is a very charming place or we can called heaven on earth!

This novel tell about of the courage to dream, the power of love, the search for identity and the conquest of obstacles with courage. Moreover, this novel very much in science that can be obtained which makes us more open-minded.

This novel tell a
Novia
Nov 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indonesian
This is the third series of Laskar Pelangi tetralogy. For this book, I decided to write its review in English… Why? Because the setting was not in Indonesia, the book was about Andrea and Arai’s journey in Europe.

In the previous book, Sang Pemimpi, Andrea and Arai got the scholarship they had been dreaming of… they were going to study at Sorbonne in France.

Andrea wrote Edensor in a different way compare to Laskar Pelangi and Sang Pemimpi. The book was written in separated mosaics…at first it fe
Raina Lie
Jan 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: collection
Wonderful art from local writer!
So glad to found out that Indonesia has great writers too...
Salute for Andrea Hirata for his masterpiece.

Who said dreaming is useless? Who said boundaries (including physical and financial boundaries) unable us to do a thing? I dare you to read this novel if you said so! :P

Well, too bad for non-indonesian readers they can't read this novel since it hasn't yet being translate into other language.

Wonder if Andrea Hirata interested to translate his book to other la
Mita
Mar 24, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third book of Laskar Pelangi Tetralogi, a story of two boys from Belitong - Indonesia, who finally achieved their dreams to pursue their study at Sorbonne, Paris.

This book tells us about how they struggled with their first encounter with international environment and different cultures from theirs, while still proud as an Indonesian, especially Belitong boys. This book also a story of their backpacker experience along Europe to Africa.

Interesting, funny and made his reader laugh hard, because t
Wulan
Oct 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me realize that everything in life has their own meaning. Andrea Hirata really is one of THE LUCKIEST MEN IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!! I envy him, but then it hit me that we dont need to envy other people because God's prepared something awesome for each and everyone of us, we just have to open our eyes and seize every opportunities handed to us.
I dont want to write too much because I dont want to give anything away. But all i have to say is:
I so darn hope that this book can be transla
Alifia Nasyavina
This is a good book for those who loves adventures and life's value. Andrea's really great at choosing the poetic words. This book tells about Ikal's journey in catching and pursuing his dreams. He was finally able to gain his dreams. You'll be amazed at how this book can gives us the meaning of life. ...more
Arya
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although i have read the book, it will be nice to read it again because this book is just so good!
i learn a lot from the previous one you know, stuffs like pursuit your dream or smth like that.
considering that this one is also part of the tetralogy, it surely will be another big shot, but honestly i am quite disappointed, the second one is so climax, but this ones gonna ruin the spirit.
but ya, this one is worth a read.
Christine
Aug 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first from Andrea Hirata's tetralogy that I've read. I was in my friends room, trying to sleep, but I could'nt. Then, I spot this book. I read the back cover and read the whole chapter. When I finished, I've decided that one day, I have to be a backpacker traveler, even if it's just for one time.. Oh yeah, the next day, I also buy all three of Andrea's books.. hehehe.. ...more
i
Oct 21, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I suppose to read "Sang Pemimpi" before this, but it's OK too. Edensor has pushed me to be a backpacker crossing Europe and Africa. Oh my gosh, Andrea, actually you merely gave me your diary to read.. You rock my thought, anyway: philosophy will be better if it's closer to social antrophology.. Again, you rock! ...more
Dhena Anggur
Feb 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
still inspiring..can't wait to get the last book. Mbuatku merasa ga pantas dapat beasiswa juga siy, karena masih banyak orang cerdas yg lebih pantas mdapatkannya hanya karena nasib tidak berpihak pada mereka. Benarlah kata orang: life doesn't always go to a stronger or faster person, but the man who wins is the man who thinks he can ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Rembulan Tenggelam Di Wajahmu
  • Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
  • Kambing Jantan: Sebuah Catatan Harian Pelajar Bodoh
  • Ranah 3 Warna
  • The Present (VanWest, #2)
  • The Past (VanWest, #1)
  • Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990 (Dilan, #1)
See top shelves…
Under a bright sunny sky, the three-day Byron Bay Writers’ Festival welcomed Andrea Hirata who charmed audiences with his modesty and gracious behavior during two sessions.

Andrea also attended a special event where he and Tim Baker, an Australian surfing writer, spoke to a gathering of several hundred school children. During one session, Andrea was on a panel with Pulitzer Prize winning journalis

Tetralogi Laskar Pelangi (4 books)
  • Laskar Pelangi (Tetralogi Laskar Pelangi, #1)
  • Sang Pemimpi
  • Maryamah Karpov: Mimpi-mimpi Lintang

News & Interviews

“Tuhan tahu tapi menunggu” 247 likes
“Tertawalah, seisi dunia akan tertawa bersamamu; jangan bersedih karena kau hanya akan bersedih sendirian.” 125 likes