Start by marking “उर्दू की आख़िरी किताब” as Want to Read:

ورنہ تیرا بیڑا پار نہ ہوگا
اور ہم سے کوئی
نتائج کا ذمہ دار نہ ہوگا
Paperback, 3rd edition, 155 pages
Published 2009 by Rajkamal Prakashan, India (first published 1971)

Start your review of उर्दू की आख़िरी किताब
Wahab Ahmad Khan
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite
When it comes to humor and wit, no one can live up to the standard set by Ibn e Insha. He is one of the prolific writers of Urdu language, and he is one of those writers whose writings endured through time. Urdu ki Aakhri Kitab (the last book of urdu) comprises of stories, poems and proses and covers area from nature, geography, history, science, mathematics etc. These stories, poems and proses display the unparalleled wisdom and wit of Ibn e Insha shrouded in a healthy criticism. I was not able ...more
Muhammad Ahmed Siddiqui
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Urdu lovers
IBN E INSHA Sir, you are one of a kind

I enjoyed this book immensely. This book is like a fresh wind and makes a refreshing impact on you. This book discusses various topics like politics, education, history with a touch of magical humour from Ibn e Insha. This book showed me once again how delicious and entertaining Urdu can be.

I took out one star because some of the things I wasn't able to understand due to my lack of vocabulary. Need more URDU-ISH-ness in my life I guess.

Highly recommended
Adnan
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is simply no parallel. Not even close. His humour is so spontaneous, his insight so deep. Laugh and cry, all the way.
W
May 21, 2017 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urdu
It made me laugh and smile here and there,but can't say it made me a fan of Ibn e Insha.His overall writing style did not appeal to me.I like his poetry much more than his prose.
Rabia Baloch
Aug 23, 2015 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Rabia by: My Teacher
Shelves: favorite
When it comes to Humor and satire no one can beat Ibn e Insha. Really enjoyed reading this book i felt like i was reading a text book of my school time. With some great information, poetry, funny stories and much more.Even if i'll read it again and again i know i'll never get bored of this piece of writing even whenever i'll be getting bored i'll just start reading this book again n again. Hats Off Insha Sahab
Misty
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well! A beautiful Book with great lessons. Its like a some urdu text book that is taught in schools! There are stories, poems and Prose is included! A reader will certainly enjoy it hence it has humor !

Fav Story: Woodcutter and his sons! :D
Hira Sulehri
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
a great book with humor and sarcasm that depict the social analysis and its brutal truths with great humor and sarcasm
Syed Waqar Hussain
Short, funny but still so informative.
Hania mehboob
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here are my immediate thoughts after finishing this book.
There is satire, comedy, simplicity and full of uncommon sense .
He has told the school lessons with such height of comedy that I ended up saying ارے ابن انشا کیسے لکھ لیتے ہو۔ There are textbook lessons from history (mughals and different dynasties) , personalities or heroes, lessons of grammar , mathematics. Science, famous parables, biology (animals and birds) ,and other different objects. Maybe you can teach this book in a general knowl
Ayesha U
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Growing up this book was my prized possession. It also gave me my first taste of satire in Urdu. Pitras and Yousafi came much later.

The precise sentences and passages are witty. A lot of the stuff mentioned in the book is relevant even today. Grab this book, if you haven't already.
Mudabbar Khan
ibn-e-insha is one of the finest humorists of urdu. brilliant for those who have a little overview on urdu literature...
Muhammad Zaheer
Urdu ki Aakhri kitab is the best book of parody in Urdu. A great presentation of great humour and satire
Anam Zahra
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written piece of writing By Ibn-e-Insha with Humour and A great realities expressed in a beautiful way!
Ali Hassan
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book criticizes historical events, political developments, rulers, and politicians in a very jovial way that a reader can't put it down until the book is completed.
Ibn-e-Insha was, and still is, known as a poet but the way he adopted in this book to describe the history of Muslim rulers in the Indian subcontinent and the Pakistani politicians after partition makes him also known in the circle of writers like Mushtaq Ahmad Yusufi, Shafiq ur Rehman, Syyad Zameer Jafari etc.
The is small in si
Muhammad Umer
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ibn e Insha is really an exceptional artisan. I would recommend this book any day of the week. Not that is highly concise and brief but it is full of humor and wit. Thanks to the mastery of the artist he takes the humor out of everything he puts his pen on. I grabbed this book and it was so engaging and enlightening that I read it to the end in just one sitting.
Vimal Kumar
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent short book, which contains history from Dwapaer ,Treta Yug to Mugal dynasty in funny and witty manner.

It doesn't end over there and gone ahead to include some of the folk tales. Excellent read.

One problem, I have faced in understanding many Urdu words else it's pure joy being soaked in Ibn e Insha colour.
Anum
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satire done right.

Ibn e Insha's "Urdu ki Akhri Kitaab" is both hilarious and thought provoking. It is a book written in the style of a Child's textbook, with topics ranging from mathematics to history to science; using satire to convey the hard realities of Pakistan's society and politics during the 60s.
Hamad Ur Rehman
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satire,Comic,Humour all re present in this my favorite poet, writer and columnist.
KNShaikh
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found the book as ok to read but giving it 4 star as topics discussed and wrote by Ibn Insha in 1970 are still valid.
What an amazing writer he was.
Nazish Islam
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classica humor belongs to one and only Ibn-e-Insha! God bless the soul.
Korish Zulqarnain Baloch
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
Ghulam Fareed Wattoo
an outstanding commentary dip with humour on everything
Mehwish
May 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I want to write a review on this book! Can anyone help me?
Usman
Oct 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Nice
Bushra Saeed
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing humorous skills the writer had!
Haris Naveed
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good book
Zahid Ali Sher
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A master piece
Mahnoor Asif
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ibn e Insha knows perfectly how to sprinkle humor in serious topics❤

• Patras Kay Mazameen / پطرس کے مضامین
  • Shahabnama / شہاب نامہ
  • پیر کامل  (Peer-e-Kamil, #1)
  • Raja Gidh / راجه گدھ
  • Labbaik / لبیک
  • Aik Mohabbat Sau Afsanay / ایک محبت سو افسافے
  • Kulliyat-e-Iqbal: Urdu / کلیات اقبال: اردو
  • Udaas Naslain / اُداس نسلیں
Ibn e Insha (Urdu: ابن انشاء‎) born in British India as Sher Muhammad Khan (Urdu: شیر محمد خان‎) is a renowned Pakistani Urdu poet, humorist, travelogue writer and columnist. Along with his poetry, he is regarded one of the best humorists of Urdu literature. His poetry has a distinctive diction laced with language reminiscent of Amir Khusro in its use of words and construction.
He migrated to Pakis