Start by marking “Ignite (Defy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ignite (Defy, #2)

Ignite

(Defy #2)

Murder, abductions, and forbidden romance abound in this thrilling sequel to Sara B. Larson's acclaimed YA debut, DEFY.

Alexa remains by the newly crowned King Damian’s side as his guard, ever committed to helping him rebuild Antion and reclaim the hope of Antion's people, despite continuing to harbor a secret love for him. However, when another threat to Damian and his kin
Published December 30th 2014 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Ignite, please sign up.
Sara Larson Yes! I can finally announce that the DEFY series is a trilogy! Stay tuned for details about the third and last book soon!
Sara Larson I don't have a release date yet, but as soon as I do, I will announce it!

Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
Sara Larson, What have you done to me???? You are KILLINGGGGG ME!!! That ending, no, THAT WHOLE BOOK, BLEW ME AWAY!!! There is no words to express the full depth of my love for this book!!

description

But I'm kicking myself for reading this so early, because now I'll have to wait even longer for the third book, AHHHHH!!!!

description

But it was worth it, look at me after reading IGNITE!!

5 Blazing Stars

IGNITE was amazing, absolutely A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! I mean, WOW, there really are no words to put my feelings into ch
Sara Larson
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm a tad biased, but I love this book and I hope you will, too! ;-)
Horsegirl275
When I first saw the release date for the sequel, I was at first all like:

Then, this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Finally, I managed to get to this:

Now i'm just:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have no idea how i'm going to wait for this....Can't wait!

*edit: IT HAS A COVER!! And it's so pretty! AND A TITLE. I'm so excited for this you have no idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**UPDATE:

I've read it. Was it fantastic? Yes. Did it send me on a rollercoaster of emotions? Oh yeah. Was Alexa as kickass as ever? You'd better believe it. Are you left with burning questions and a deep
Mollie •Rebel Book Scum•
UPDATE*******SOON, I shall begin you! #mostanticipated

LOOK AT THAT COVER LOOK AT THAT COVER LOOK LOOK THAT ONE RIGHT THERE!!!! *drools*

Oh thank The Lord it's a series!!!!!! The second book should be called Deny because I feel very denied right now! #impatient #punny
Alyssa

Book Two of the Defy series
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication Date: December 30, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Murder, kidnapping, and forbidden romance abound in this thrilling sequel to Sara B. Larson's acclaimed YA debut, DEFY.

Alexa continues to harbor a secret love for the newly crowned King Damian, yet she remains by his side as his guard and ever committed to helping him reb
Erica
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ignite . . . this was THE book of 2015 for me. As soon as I finished Defy, I began a count down for this one and waited and waited. Only now I'm stuck in a similar situation again. Ignite was even better than Defy was, which is really saying something, and I'm not entirely sure I can comprehend the awesome I just read. Regardless, all I know is the rest of 2015 has some insanely high standards to live up to - because I'm really not sure it gets much better than this.

High fantasy is my favorite a
Rebekah
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Original Review found at: www.awesomebooknuts.blogspot.com

*sigh* Such a GREAT series so far! I'm loving it! I think I am going to have to add Sara B. Larson to my list of favorite authors! I was blown away by Defy which is the first book in this series and this second book is no different. If you're looking for an adventure with swoon worthy romance, this you should definitely check this serious out. LOVING IT! I did have issues with some things in this book which made me give it a 4 instead of
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
Let me start this review off by pointing something vital out:
I HATED Lady Vera. I visualized throttling her every page since I discovered her literary existence.

Right, just needed to get that off of my chest.

This book was such a fast and fun read. I read it until 2 am (yup, one of those books) and picked it up first thing when I woke up. I practically slept with it, I didn't wanna put if down.

It starts out with Alexa being her typical stubborn self, convincing herself that she isn't good enough
SmilingDork
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MIND.....FUCKING......BLOWN!!!!!!!

That was SO good and AWESOME!!! I can't believe it took me this long to get the second book in my hands!!! So glad I did!!! That was a fucking AWESOME book and I am ready for the third!!!!!!
Joanna (joreadsalot)
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hey Book Peeps

So this is my first reread of this series but you are probably wondering why I started in the middle. This was because I was using this book to complete my District Task in The Hunger Games Reading Challenge that I am a part of. The task was to read a book with an arrow on the cover and this fit the bill. I was happy though that this challenge got me to re read part of this series because it really is soooooo good and why I bumped it from my 4.5 star rating to a full 5.

I can't imp
Praiz Sophyronja
*I missed school to read the first book*
*Very excited*
Rachel
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review, edelweiss
Sara B. Larson’s IGNITE is an absolutely riveting second installment in the series. Hidden agendas, unknown enemies, unidentifiable threats, and a tension-filled love story make for an incredibly suspenseful and unputdownable read. It’s a story that will keep readers guessing, make them race through the pages in search for answers, and will have them wishing for the third book in the series to discover what happens next.

Putting the best interests of her country and her King before her own, Alexa
Beth  (YA Books Central)

"Without letting myself think or question what I was doing, I lifted my face to his. This was what I wanted--he was what I wanted. Who I needed. I'd been a fool to reject him. He'd been a fool to believe me. Did he truly think I could stop loving him so easily? When he looked at me as he was now, with a hunger and need to match mine so evident on his beautiful face and in his eyes. I knew he didn't see my scars--inside or out. He only saw me. Alexa."

Defy was one of my favorite books of 2014. I
Eliza
3.25/5

In many ways this was better than the preceding novel, Defy. In many ways, too, it was not. So therefore, I'm rating it in between 3 and 4 stars, as I did with Defy. That doesn't mean I'm disappointed (well, maybe a little), rather, I thought this book would be significantly better. Instead, it felt the same? I'm not quite sure yet.

In this novel everyone now knows that "Alex" is actually "Alexa." And while I figured that would make people act differently towards her (they did), I didn't ex
ReadLikeWildFire ReadLikeWildFire
PRINCE DAMIAN <3
Tricia Mingerink
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall, I enjoyed this one nearly as much as the first one.

Things I liked:
- the audiobook was done by the same narrator, who is perfect for the role.
- Alexa doesn't go all soft and girlie just because everyone knows she's a girl now. She's still a competent guard (even if she REALLY needs her brothers to help her with problem solving skills and thinking through stuff.)
- the love triangle isn't NEARLY as suffocating in this book as the last book! Yay!!!! Alexa has made her choice about which
Randi Ryan
Oh my stars and garters. Just how DID this book get published? I would love to know.
This is literally the worst sequel I’ve read. And it makes me mad that it has 4.5/5 stars on Goodreads because only people who loved Defy moved on to book two.
But I will say, this book was so entertaining—I was always laughing. The cheesiness is pungent.
To begin: world building. Again, completely nonexistent. Guess what, Mrs. Larson, YOU CAN’T BUILD A EUROPEAN-STYLE KINGDOM IN A FRICKEN JUNGLE. THERE’S A REASON
Dark Faerie Tales
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Amazing sequel that lived up to all my expectations. Brimming with magic, romance, action, and betrayal this is one of my favorite high fantasy series of all time.

Opening Sentence: The heat in the hallway was stifling, even though it was well past midnight.

The Review:

In the land of Antion, there has been much unrest for many years. They had a tyrant of a king who led people by fear and was in no way a good man. But hope has finally come to t
Kat
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Ignite was a really good sequel. It actually seemed better than the book before it, mainly because the plot thickens. Lots of twists were thrown in and cool new magic was introduced. It didn't have as much of a focus on the characters as the first book, but the story was exciting!

I really liked what happened in the book's world. New conflicts developed--interesting and very dangerous conflict. This was my favorite part and the new
blackplume
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full review posted on my blog, Blackplume

IGNITE is definitely an action and tension-filled fantasy story. Sara B. Larson didn’t waste time putting her characters to another whirlwind of challenges, both personal and professional.

Damian is the new King of Antion trying his best to rebuild the Kingdom after the devastating war. He is trying to make amends to his people after what the former King, his father done for the sake of power. His best guard, Alex/a still continue to hold a position as on
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I flew through this one! I guess you can tell you're enjoying a book when you have a hard time putting it down. I admit, it's been awhile since I've read the first book, but once I started reading it all started coming back to me. I do recommend reading them close together though. I've started a new rule of only reading series when they are complete, but Sara's books are an exception.

I'm a big fan of High Fantasy and I enjoy the world Sara has created. Alexa is a strong female lead and I liked t
L R W Lee Author Second Acct
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Action. Vulnerability. Suspense. This is how I summarize Ignite (Book 2 in the Defy series) by Sara B. Larson, the sequel to Defy. Read my review of Defy at http://blog.lrwlee.com/2016/02/15/rev...

Larson expands what she began in book one in this engaging tale. Prince Damian is as charming and beautiful as ever and the love triangle with Rylan gets no easier for Alexa. She vascilates between the two men she loves, knowing Rylan is the “sensible” choice for her husband for she is “just” a member
L.R.W. Lee
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Fabi
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This five-star took me by surprise. Middle books in a trilogy aren't always as good as the 1st and 3rd. But I absolutely loved this one. It was the romance theme that sealed the deal for me. It was beautiful. Our heroine didn't come across quite as strong as she did in the first book, but that's to be expected given the "girl in love" trope. She still kicks butt throughout the book. I'm lining up book 3 in my tbr as I finish writing this.

Thank you for the loan Tessa!
Kimberly (Book Swoon)
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Defy was one of my favorite reads last year. One that gave me a heroine that captivated me. Alexa the sword-fighting girl who took on the persona of a boy in order to join the king's army, and ended-up on a heroines journey, saving the kingdom, and falling in love!

Dark Magic, Intrigue and New Villain

After a major battle and the defeat of a dark wizard at the end of Defy, the kingdom of Antion is carefully rebuilding its alliances and the trust of their people with Damian now crowned their n

Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
I was very, very close to giving this a two star rating because of predictability and also because of that I definitely do not enjoy listening to the reader of the audio book version. Honestly, those two combined almost made me give up on the book. But the last 2 hours - which equals about 1/4 of the book - were actually really intense and good and they did build up a lot of tension for the final installment. So yes; 3 stars thanks to that sudden unpredictability and the cliffhanger ending! ...more
Erin Bowman
Such a fun sequel. Also, Larson is the queen of cliffhanger chapter endings. I tore through this!
Erin Arkin
4.5 stars...

I have to admit that I have been impatiently waiting for Ignite which is book two of the Defy series by Sara B. Larson. I mean, I can’t even pretend I was even a little bit patient about this one as I couldn’t wait to find out what was going to happen next in this series. Admittedly I won’t be saying too much about everything in this review because I can’t ruin this book for anyone so don’t hate me because I’m not going to put any spoilers out there.

Ignite picks up shortly after Defy
Beth  (YA Books Central)

Defy was one of my favorite books of 2014. I
Kayla
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was good but not as good as the first one. Our heroine got stronger but the world building and the love interests didn't!

• Blackout (Annum Guard, #2)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • The Boy with the Hidden Name (Otherworld, #2)
  • Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
  • Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1)
  • In the Time of Dragon Moon (Wilde Island Chronicles, #3)
  • Imaginable (Intangible, #2)
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • Chantress Alchemy (Chantress, #2)
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone, #2)
  • Lark Rising (Guardians of Tarnec, #1)
  • Moirai (Aberrant, #2)
  • Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief, #2)
  • The Dragon's Curse (Transference, #2)
  • Stolen Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #3)
  • Vigilante (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2.5)
  • The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)
Sara B. Larson is the best-selling and critically acclaimed author of the YA fantasy DEFY trilogy (DEFY, IGNITE, and ENDURE) and the DARK BREAKS THE DAWN duology. Her next YA fantasy, SISTERS OF SHADOW AND LIGHT, comes out November 5th from Tor Teen. She can’t remember a time when she didn’t write books—although she now uses a computer instead of a Little Mermaid notebook. Sara lives in Utah with ...more

Defy (3 books)
  • Defy (Defy, #1)
  • Endure (Defy, #3)
“Well, do you want her help or not? Rylan asked impatiently. And then Damian finally spoke. Rylan, I demand you apologize to Alexa at once. That is no way to talk to my fiancee.
Your what? In his shock, Rylan didn't even attempt to hide the half horror, half jealousy on his face or in his voice.”
3 likes