Start by marking “A Puppy for Christmas: On the Secretary's Christmas List / The Soldier, the Puppy and Me / The Patter of Paws at Christmas” as Want to Read:

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
On the Secretary's Christmas List by Carole Mortimer

Bree has landed an amazing job, but her new boss is a difficult, unreliable playboy—who is also infuriatingly gorgeous… When Bree looks after Jackson's son and energetic puppy, she realizes what she really wants  this Christmas….

The Soldier, the Puppy and Me by Myrna Mackenzie

Christmas is a difficult time for war hero
Published October 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Puppy for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Puppy for Christmas

Sandra
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cute anthology of Christmas stories featuring dogs. The second story by Myrna Mackenzie with the adorable matchmaking dog Fizz was my favorite. :)
Liza Tice
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received and ARC copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

First I want to say that I would recommend this book to anyone who loves sweet romantic Christmas books. These stories were heart warming and very enjoyable. From broken hearts to loving puppies who know best, I enjoyed these heartwarming romances. I liked that each book was different and therefor you did not get bored or disinterested.

This grouping of books is worth breaking out the hot coco and curling up
Jackie Lane
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love anything to do with puppies. They are so cute and cuddly.

All three of the novellas were stories having to do with a puppy or puppies.

I think my favorite was the second book because how could you not like Fizz and a hometown hero, although I thought setting the third book in a zoo was unique and the first book featured a child and a dog. How could you go wrong with any of these stories.

All three books were light, fluffy Christmas reads and I enjoyed them.

I received this book from Netgalley
Janet
This was a fun 3 book anthology from three very talented writers. I am an animal lover, so the cover grabbed me from the first. The combination of puppies/dogs (even feral dogs) and the Holidays brings a smile, and so did all three of the stories. I would not sit down and read them in one sitting, because they could become overwhelming. Just keep the book around for a quick getaway/escape read during the Holidays.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review.
Abby Helstrip
The third story is called, “The Soldier, The Puppy and Me.”

Know this story is good, way better than the first story. I will defo have to say its equal in goodness with the second story, but in different ways.

I would have to say this story is mainly centred around the puppy, Fizz. I love the way its written and told. This puppy is the role. Fizz Brings this couple together, Hes a very smart, funny dog. You would love him.

Basically the story is about a hero who comes home, Trey. This guy seems to
Cat C
The first two stories in this anthology are pretty meh, cliched contemporaries. BUT the last story is something special with its unique setting and twist on "puppies for Christmas"--it's set at a zoo, where an African wild dog has recently given birth in a den that's about to collapse and the zookeepers are trying to save her and her puppies. This is all, of course, happening when they're short-staffed over the holidays, and the two zookeepers on hand happen to have a romantic past. But the sett ...more
Rhonda
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

On the Secretary's Christmas List\The Soldier, the Puppy and Me\The Patter of Paws at Christmas

4 STARS

This is a cute three stories dealing with Christmas and puppies. It almost makes you want to go out and get a puppy. But I will resist because one dog is asleep on my bed and one on the floor by my bed and no kids around anymore just their pets.

The first two stories have cute puppies that you see interact with their new families. The third is a little different as they are wild African puppies i
Bonnie
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Puppy For Christmas is three stores in the one book. All about puppies.
1. On The Secretary's Christmas List by Carole Mortimer. Bree has been working for Jerome Jackson Beaumont for a year a his secretary. "Jackson" dates a lot of women, but never anyone who works for him. Jackson has a little boy. Bree also babysits for Jackson. Bree has a date with one of his clients and Jackson gets upset. Really upset when he sees her in a fancy dress. Jackson's son gets a puppy and Bree helps watch the p
Cara
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am not a dog lover, but I really enjoyed these three very different (but all well worth the read) stories.Each was long enough and very detailed for an anthology book.

The first story was too full of exclamation points for my taste, but the story was unique, and the main characters were very atypical but interesting too. The puppy did not play a big role here, and some may not like how it was given as an unexpected holiday gift.

Story 2 was the best as Fizz the puppy stole all his scenes, matchm
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet book filled with 3 romantic Christmas novellas that all involve puppies! You can’t go wrong with a book like this. Each novella is a quick, fast read that will definitely put you in a happy mood.

I will admit I really enjoyed the novellas by Carole Mortimer and Myrna Mackenzie more than I did Nikki Logan’s novella. I have been a fan of Ms. Mortimer’s writings for some time and I love the way she is able to give you a story that doesn’t feel rushed or that anything was left out ev
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...