Start by marking “Afterburn (Jax & Gia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Afterburn (Jax & Gia, #1)

Afterburn (Jax & Gia #1)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  21,605 Ratings  ·  1,240 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Sylvia Day, America’s premier author of provocative fiction, delivers the debut novel from Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin.

The realization that Jax still affected me so strongly was a jagged pill to swallow. He’d only been part of my life for five short weeks two years ago. But now he was back. Walking into a deal I’d worked hard to
Published August 15th 2013 by Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin (first published August 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Afterburn, please sign up.
Jay-dee Van ann lucas wast cross's therepist as a child. ( her brother was the one responcible for his torment) in the series bared to you by sylvia day.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo DayAfterburnandaftershock1TitebySueBee_zpsff775e9e.jpg
 photo ANstoryxB2bysb_zps3f2912a1.gif
★★★★ 1/2! Afterburn, part 1 of 2! Electric re-union of two ex-lovers who find themselves on opposing sides in a high-stakes business battle!

“He had the look of a well-fucked man, one who was sated and yet anticipating further pleasures ahead.”

Books in duet should be read in order and together:
Part 1: Afterburn
Part 2: Aftershock

In the opening Afterburn (part 1) we meet college graduate Gianna Rossi, Gia about a year after her fling with venture capitalist, multi-millionaire and heir Jacks
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it

First, here's my casting for Jax:

Short, hot, and sinfully delicious!

As soon as I heard about this being released, I one-clicked because I just had to meet the next hero written by the creator of Gideon Cross and let me tell you, Jackson Rutledge can hold his own!

Sitting at about 130 pages, Afterburn was easy to read in one sitting and while I do wish it had been longer, sometimes having a shorter read is exactly what you need.

The writing was in very much the same style as the Crossfire books
Sophia Triad
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Baby we've never had simple.

Why haven't I read this before? I mean I loved Gideon and Eva. I know that everything Sylvia Day produces is a hit which will talk straight to my soul. I was bound to fall in love with the story of Jax (Jackson Rutledge) and Gia (Gianna Rossi).

Gia had a short beautiful love story with Jax while she was in college and a really bad breakup which was initiated by Jax without explanations.
A few years later, Gia works in her dream job for the launch of a new restaurant .
Eva Rose
Day's deft touch at tumultuous relationships continues to hold and deliver. Jax and Gia have an explosive affair and this book is perfect for a fast intense read. I do have issues with the ending which is a bit abrupt but whatever.
Shurrn
How can Sylvia Day pack so much into so few pages?!?
Have you ever wanted something so bad, you couldn't imagine not having it?

There were two things in my life I’d felt that way about: the man I’d stupidly fallen in love with and the administrative assistant position I was about to interview for.

The man had turned out to be really bad for me; the job could change my life in an amazing way.
I'll be jumping right into book two, Aftershock, so I'm going to make this brief. This book can be read
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 stars***

For a 99 page novella, I sure do feel awfully satisfied. Goes to show, sometimes size doesn't matter!

I have no idea how she did it, but Sylvia Day amazes me. It's like you walked into the middle of a story, and so simply, little by little Sylvia catches you up on everything that you've missed.

I felt the connection between Gia and Jax instantly. In the beginning you don't know much about their history, but it doesn't matter because you feel it as you read and it only deepens as t
Pam
“You could never hide from me, Gia. I’d recognize you blindfolded.”

Gianna just landed her dream job, finally a chance to make something of herself without relying on her family’s success in the restaurant industry. The only regret she has is giving her heart away and never getting it back. Helping her boss Lei get her revenge on her former partner couldn’t be more satisfying until Lei's ex-partner shows up with an unexpected ally, Jackson Rutledge. For her chance to move on, it’s ti
Holly
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
*WARNING: VULGAR LANGUAGE IN THE POST BELOW*

Okay so I read the Crossfire series and they were slightly (read: SLIGHTLY) better than the Fifty Shades of Grey disaster so I decided to check out Day's other works. I picked this one to start off with first since the lead male character's name is Jackson and I have a weak spot for Jax Teller on the show Sons of Anarchy (Yes, I literally decided to choose this book to read for that reason and that alone.) Needless to say, I regret my decision.

From wha
Michelle
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Something new from Sylvia Day?

I was so pleased to get a chance to read something else from Sylvia Day. My only Day-experience came at the hands of the one and only Gideon Cross, so I was excited to see what she had up her sleeve. I adored the writing style of this and loved that it felt so different than the Crossfire style.

In the first installment, we meet Gia - she is driven and determined. But she is still hung up on the man that walked out of her life. She has succeeded at her career but t
Snow
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I hold Sylvia Day close to my heart, since she was the first author that led me into the erotica/ romance reads at the time that was a bit challenging for me...and her book was a perfect escapism...

And then the Crossfire series happened...and well the rest is history...

So, I have read this a while ago, obviously but i haven't written a review...

Well, just perfect...

Cause, with all the movie announcements on Passionflix...I might as well re-read it *sly smile*

And Afterburn is just the perfect t
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
3.5 Stars

“You’re still in love with me. Give me a chance to make that something you stop regretting.”
- Jax

* * *
“This time, I was going to haunt the man the way he haunted me.”

* * *
“It’s tough when you’re working toward something...when the excitement builds and you can almost taste it...then someone takes it away from you, isn’t it?”

* * *
“Your mystery-man days are numbered.”
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
description

Why are we ALWAYS getting small slivers of stories? Just once I want the whole story in one sitting. It makes it so hard to rate a book. Anyhow, this one sliver of a slice will have to be enough to hold me over till November when Aftershock is scheduled to be released.

I really liked the main characters Gia and Jax. Their connection was hot and addicting. I found the business side of this story very interesting. Gia’s family is just FANTASTIC. I really enjoyed the plot and found it very intrigui
Антоанета
Ами прочетох я и трябва да призная, че беше по-добре от очакваното. Бях толкова негативно настроена, заради всички коментари колко е зле, но много бързо и леко я прочетох, та се разтоварих в неделния ден. Не, че е нещо кой знае какво като сюжет, но пък съм чела и по-зле на Силвия Дей. Пък и главната героиня е италианка с няколко братя все мачовци, а те италианците са с гореща кръв, лесно се палят. Надявам се Джия да му разкаже играта на Джакс и да му го върне тъпкано, затова че я е изоставил, но ...more
Jamie
Aug 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Well.... I did like this one but not enough to push me over that 3 stars.. mainly because I felt like I really needed a better history of Gia and Jax to totally understand their relationship. This book starts off 2 years after they spent 5 weeks together and Jax left her with no explanation. She was in love with him when he left but apparently he didn't realize it and didn't want to end up hurting her. So 2 years later they meet up again on opposite sides of a business deal and Jax wants to pick ...more
Claire Robinson
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I will probably be lynched for this but I actually preferred Jax and Gia, to Eva and Gideon.

I really enjoyed this novella, once again what could essentially be one full book has been split into two parts to enable double bubble profits wise, at least we only have to wait until November for the other half though.

UPDATE - Aftershock Horror!! The release date for the second installment has now been pushed from November 2013 to March 2014! I can't say I am surprised, but this constant moving of rele
Martha Sweeney
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Review of Afterburn by Sylvia Day I was a little disappointed with this short story series. I guess I should have read this before the Crossfire Series because CS was much better and was written after Aftershock and Afterburn.

I did listen to this one on audiobook which might have been the reason for the lower score. I didn't like the narrator or how she was portraying the female character. There were opportunities where this story could have really developed and been interesting and I was disap
J
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing

A is for Alpha B is for Books has 2 eBook Copies of Afterburn up for Grabs...
Head on over to the blog to enter!
Enter Give Away Here

★ 5 Bite Sized and Dangerously Delicious Stars ★

description

~ Have you ever wanted something so bad, you couldn't imagine not having it? ~

Gianna Rossi, strong, beautiful and driven. There are only two things in Gia's life that she has wanted that bad.
One, Jackson Rutledge. The man she stupidly fell in love with.
And Two, an internship under the one of the most successful
Galya Ozan
Надявам се книга 2 да разкрие смисъла на книга 1, защото от това,което прочетох до сега останах с една голяма питанка - Какво въобще се случи?
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4/4.5 Stars!

I was very curious about this book/series...I was interested to see how it compared to the Crossfire series. And I have to say, I really really enjoyed it. I knew going in that it was part 1 of 2--so I was a little nervous about there being a cliffhanger ending. Afterburn was a short, quick read--about 100 pages. And I am pleased to say that it DID NOT end with a big cliffy. Yay!

I really liked the plot/setting--I thought it was different--having to do with the restaurant industry. T
Mariℓina
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
With the movie premiere being only a few days away I decided to read this bite-sized series!
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“I’d know you blindfolded.”

Sylvia Day does it again! Just when I though that there was no way that she could possibly grab my attention so completely like with the Crossfire series, she gives us Gia and Jax. Two e-novella instalments that will eventually make up a complete novel, Afterburn gives us our first taste of the very passionate and utterly captivating love affair between a young woman trying to leave her mark in the business world and a powerful and very wealthy man whom she met whi
Silvana
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it

4 STARS!

YUP as soon as I knew the creator of the one and only Gideon Cross has a new book coming out, I had no doubt that I'll be reading it as soon as it comes out!!

Let me tell you that IT’S SHORT, LIGHT AND EXTREMELY SEXY WITH LOTS OF SHEETS BEING CLAWED!

We have the story of Gia and Jax told in two novellas, Gia never really got over Jax whom she knew in college, loved deeply but he ended up breaking her heart. We meet her a few years after they depart ways and she is a stronger, more ambitio
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
I had this book since the release but I was passing other in front on my reading list and I forgot completely.
Now I decided to read because I read several comments about the story and we'd have a movie about the book.
I was extremely disappointed with the story and thought it too without depth or character development.
Shallow history and that there was no need for the second book.
The author could have deepened in the mysteries of the family of the hero and his reasons to submit to the whims of hi
Heidi
Jul 25, 2013 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars.... "Not happy Jan!" I should seriously do my research BEFORE reading a book. Love Sylvia Day and loved the story, but I've got a feeling this is going to be one of those long drawn out series that leaves you hanging EVERY SINGLE TIME! Hence my expression......Not happy Jan. 30 second clip to follow......

AerinLuvs
Overall rating: 1) Afterburn 4 stars. 2) Aftershock 3.5 stars--- not as good as some of her other books. I actually enjoy her Historical erotica and paranormal erotica more than her contemporary romances!

I listened to this in one day while I was doing all kinds of errands, gardening, housecleaning, laundry...it made it more enjoyable! At first the Brooklyn accent of the narrator was very harsh and I thought I have to listen to hours of this!??? I should have listened to a sample before using my
Nathi *Shut it and let me read*
IT's a new Sylvia Day's BOOK!!!!

Again Sylvia Day gave us another male character panty-dropper that make us fall in love and therefore screws up our chance to find a real one!

This was a short story, but still for the first time in a short book I didn't feel like it was short or that it ended up too abruptly! Instead I felt like it was just perfect. But this is probably because Sylvia Day has an outstanding writing style. That woman can do magic with her words!

Usually this would be the part where
Jan Lorenzo
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me ha durado un suspiro. A por la segunda parte!!
Zizz
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's no secret that Sylvia Day has amazing writing skills. Her stories are the perfect blend of mystery, romance, steam, banter, awesome characters and the plot development is always well-paced. Afterburn is no different. For 130 pages, it packs quite a punch.

However, the brevity of the story does work against it. Gia and Jax are no Gideon and Eva. (And if you don't know the latter two on a first name basis - you've been living under a rock.) In true Sylvia fashion, Jax is alpha-male, billionai
Inés Izal
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Creí que no viviría para verlo, pero me equivocaba.
Señoras y señores: este es el primer libro de Sylvia Day casi sin sexo.
description

¡A por la segunda parte!
Crazy For NA Books: Afterburn (Jax & Gia #1) by Sylvia Day → Start Date: November 27th, 2017 14 3 Dec 05, 2017 10:04PM
Crossfire Series ...: Have you read Afterburn yet? 12 132 Apr 10, 2014 01:45AM
Sigh 8 118 Mar 24, 2014 06:05AM
The World of Maya...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Afterburn 30 29 Sep 10, 2013 01:00PM
  • Cake (Cake, #1)
  • Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
  • When I'm with You: When We Touch (Because You Are Mine, #2.1)
  • Unlocked (The Alpha Group, #3)
  • A Million Dirty Secrets (Million Dollar Duet, #1)
  • The Arrangement 10: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #10)
  • Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)
  • Resist (Songs of Submission, #6)
  • Edible (Exquisite, #3)
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
  • Crave (Billionaire Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Cherry Girl (Neil & Elaina, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • All He Desires (All or Nothing, #3)
  • Trouble in Tampa (Great Exploitations, #3)
  • Chosen Heart (Hart, #1)
  • Complete Me (Stark Trilogy, #3)
  • The Fifth Favor
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaDay and on Twitter @SylDay.
More about Sylvia Day

Jax & Gia (2 books)
  • Aftershock (Jax & Gia, #2)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
  • In The Flesh
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
“Don't play, Gia," he growled. "Suck me or fuck me. Make me come.” 20 likes
“Making changes was my responsibility. Having a great guy was just a bonus.” 10 likes