Start by marking “Computer Networks” as Want to Read:
Computer Networks

Computer Networks

For courses in computer networking or introductions to networking at both the undergraduate and graduate level in computer science, engineering, CIS, MIS, and business departments. In this revision, the author takes a structured approach to explaining how networks function.
Hardcover, Fourth Edition, 912 pages
Published August 9th 2002 by Prentice Hall (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Computer Networks, please sign up.
Shadow Topliss 대구출장선입금√◎≪대구출장안마OiOy2997y5327{카톡USA59}♪⇔∃√◎≪スズセ대구출장안마 후불100%ョOiOy2997y5327{카톡USA59}대구전지역출장마사지샵'예약'대구출장안마대구출장걸가격♪⇔∃후불출장업소,대구출장안마-대구출장마사지샵-대구출장안마-대구출장안마…more대구출장선입금√◎≪대구출장안마OiOy2997y5327{카톡USA59}♪⇔∃√◎≪スズセ대구출장안마 후불100%ョOiOy2997y5327{카톡USA59}대구전지역출장마사지샵'예약'대구출장안마대구출장걸가격♪⇔∃후불출장업소,대구출장안마-대구출장마사지샵-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장조건만남-대구일본인출장-대구 출장안마-대구출장업소-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마후기-대구출장안마-대구출장아가씨-대구출장만남1위-대구출장예약금-대구 출장안마-대구출장호텔-대구출장출장콜걸-대구출장안마-대구출장마사지샵-대구출장안마-대구출장아로마-대구출장안마 후불100%ョ070c7301n9649{카톡MOK66}전지역출장마사지샵'예약'출장ub안마wk출장안마 cos여3마사지황형출장안마ийк-대구출장후불-대구출장전문-대구출장맛사지샵-대구출장맛사지샵'24시출장샾-대구출장맛사지샵-대구출장미인-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장맛사지샵-대구홈타이-대구출장조건만남-대구출장마20대-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장마사지샵-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장타이-대구출장맛사지샵-대구출장안마-대구섹시디바-대구출장맛사지샵-대구'24시출장샾-대구출장마사지샵-대구콜-대구외국인출장-대구출장안마출장A급관리사-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장마사지샵-대구출장샵-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장호텔-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장미녀-대구출장오피-대구출장가격-대구출장모텔-대구출장마사지샵-대구출장서비스-대구출장마사지샵-대구애인대행-대구출장여대생-대구출장안마-대구출장출장콜걸-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구출장언니-대구출장업소-대구출장오피-대구 #출장마사지#출장안마#출장안마후기-대구출장매니져-대구출장안마-대구출장모텔'예약-대구출장마사지후기-대구출장선입금-대구출장안마-대구출장안마-대구동성로출장-대구출장안마-대구출장마사지샵-대구출장대행-대구출장대행-대구 출장마사지샵-대구출장서비스-대구출장업계1위-대구출장안마-대구출장여대생♪⇔∃√◎≪スズセ(less)

Start your review of Computer Networks
Rick Muële
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is an EXCELLENT read, and I'm quite certain it has contributed a great deal to helping me improve as a professional. I can't recommend it enough, especially for senior developers. I'm not sure about junior developers though.
Kay
Aug 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Andrew Tenanbaum is one of the most prolific writers I’ve ever seen. He has written books on Distributed Operating Sytems, Computer Organisation, Operating Systems and Computer Networks.

Tanenbaum's Computer Networks is a good, solid introductory textbook on networking suitable for those with a computing background, either university students or computer professionals. I learned my basic networking from it six years ago and have been using it as a reference ever since. It uses a layer-based appr
Ben Cavileer
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Excellent book for anyone looking to pick up advanced networking knowledge. Topics have been relevant to my career and I continue to refer to this book. The information covers a broad range of topics; however, remains detailed enough to give a thorough explanation.
Koen Crolla
Mar 17, 2010 rated it liked it
This book was a bit of a disappointment. While it's not *bad*, Tanenbaum's reputation and the pretty ridiculous price led me to believe it would be *great*, which it definitely isn't.

Tanenbaum has an unhealthy habit of trying to bullshit his way through sections he doesn't have a firm grip on himself, which was particularly apparent in certain sections on the Physical Layer. Since he actually has a PhD in Physics, I suppose it's possible he just wrote an in-depth explanation, then realised his r
Hosein
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Used to read this book in order to pass Computer Networks course in the bachelor degree of the university. I was very good. describing concepts with basic words and fluently. A great network fundamental book recommended to whom interested in learning Computer Networks from scratch.
Nav
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best book to know the breadth of networking.
Sadia Dina
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The language used here to explain, was so smooth to understand their points. Recommended!
Manuel J.
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a very helpful and very complete book about networks. The main point is that it privileges the why over the how, so the boring mechanics takes second place to the reasons behind the choices made along a short but eventful history.
Timoteo Ponce
Dec 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: technology
One of the best written books of technology, Mr. Tanenbaum accomplished a very entertaining book with lots of examples, mixing technology and imagination he accomplished to create a classic.
Suresh Madhavan
Jun 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Serejka Keller
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book not just gives not knowledge. To me, it's given something more.
Thanks Andrew.
Md. Abiruzzaman
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great book to learn computer networking fundamental and all description ✌
Shashank Shet
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect book for beginners

The flow of the book is such that great detail is provided without being too heavy on the reader. Some parts may seem math-heavy, but one does not need to understand those fully (though that would be ideal) to appreciate the text. Also, wherever necessary, the authors provide the reasons for decisions in design, that makes understanding a lot of stuff much easier. All in all a great book, and an absolute must read!
Alex Wood
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
More of a primer on Networks, but does the job. again things have moved on since this book was written, so new protocols, etc are not mentioned. But Wires are still wires, and switches are still switches. Used it to network my first two computers together as well as bought for Degree.
Francisco-françois Varas
I'm better at networks now.
Must read for any system administrator.
Ioana Pirjol
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
It helped a lot in understanding some of the basic concepts in networking. The book also presents some historical background so it was fun to read.
Nikolas Mavrogeneiadis
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favourite book about Computer Networks. Describes in detail all things and it has great exercises. Excellent book!
Matías
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it. I had to read it for University, would read it again.
Dragify
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tech
This was my course textbook.
Contains so much useful information.
Would love to see it updated, though, using the state-of-the-art tools such as Docker etc.
Matei
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: computer-science
Fundamental book in Computer Science!
Amir Sarabadani
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
800 pages, cover to cover but totally worth it. It's slightly outdated specially on application layer.
Quinston Pimenta
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book laid the foundations of my Computer Networks education.
Bikram
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book for understanding core networking gradually
Dhruv Shah
nice book
Lorenzo Bruno
Read most of the book; except the last few chapters on high level stuff.
Mj
Oct 21, 2007 rated it did not like it
I HATE THIS BOOK!

From the perspective of an instructional systems tech major and in which this book is used for instructional systems tech majors, this is not an effective book. It starts with the introduction chapter, which is nothing very outstanding, but then the next chapter is about the network layer already. It has this bottom-top approach in terms of the network hierarchy and that is not how one is preferred to learn about networks, unless one is already proficient about the concept of ne
Philipp Keller
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was forced to read Tanenbaum in university and I hated it, partially because I didn't know if it was relevant. Now, after 10 years in the IT industry I realized that I need to understand networking and came back to this book.

The introduction is hard to read and somehow put me off. It's dry (especially the illustrations) and feels very dated (the recent versions just put Buzzwords like Twitter and Facebook in to make it look recent). But once you're past that you see the beauty of the book:

It i
Bartosz Sypytkowski
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books introducing the topic of computer networks. It gives a detailed overview of all layers of the OSI stack, starting from how data is represented and compressed in electric circuit, up to HTTP protocol and media format encoding. All of that is complemented by "homework" at the end of each chapter, which often encourages to think outside of the box. My only note may be that the last chapters (introducing higher OSI layers) are not as well written as the rest of the book ...more
bijan
Dec 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those interested in understanding everything about networking!
This book is magnificent, it talks about everything and nothing about networking! It talks about every technology in some sort of story telling manner, at the same time it doesn't get into details of any subject. It's like a beautiful short story book (for computer literates of course ;) ) that draws a complete panoramic canvas about every confusing, high tech name out there. You can read this book many times and still find it necessary to read it again!
something_
An awesome book with very clearly laid out information, specially for the beginner in computer networks. It presents some subjects that, while do not seem absolutely relevant, are still rather interesting (history of origins of the internet as we know it comes to mind). Specially great for clearing concepts one has doubts about, and an infinetely useful accompanying tool to study for finals related to the subject.
« previous 1 3 next »
How to Fix AOL Mail Not Working? 1 1 Dec 17, 2019 12:30AM
How to Flip Computer Screen Upside Down 1 3 Dec 11, 2019 11:52PM
Know How To Fix HP Printer Error Code 49 1 1 Oct 11, 2019 02:25AM
Computer Repair Service in Bradenton FL 1 1 Sep 19, 2019 07:43PM
Issues with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and third-party devices 1 2 Aug 27, 2019 11:08PM
Microsoft Office 365 Crack + Activation Key Full Version 1 3 Aug 27, 2019 02:02AM
View Private Instagram 1 1 Aug 04, 2019 12:23AM

• Digital Design
  • Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach
  • Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »