Start by marking “Dark Waters Of Hagwood (The Hagwood Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Waters Of Hagwood (The Hagwood Trilogy, #2)

Dark Waters Of Hagwood

(The Hagwood Trilogy #2)

The race to save Hagwood has begun!

Wicked queen Rhiannon, High Lady of the Hollow Hill, is more intent than ever on finding the enchanted casket containing her heart. Made immortal through evil sorcery, she has ruled the land of Hagwood heartlessly for far too long. If someone can discover the lost casket and destroy the beating heart within, her terrible reign will end. T
Published June 4th 2013 by Open Road Media E-riginal (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Waters Of Hagwood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Waters Of Hagwood

Start your review of Dark Waters Of Hagwood (The Hagwood Trilogy, #2)
Raven
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
December, 2012:
It's happening, you guys!
Robin Jarvis' official website has a banner that states 'HAGWOOD IS COMING', and the whole triology is in the process of being relaunched by another publisher. Dark Waters of Hagwood will be released in june 2013, and the last book, War in Hagwood, presumably will follow at the end of next year.

BEYOND EXITED!! I've been waiting for this for a decade!

May, 2013: It has a cover! It has a plot synopsis! IT'S ALIVE!!!
Ohmygod, I think I just peed a little, guy
Susan
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute meets grim
Naomi Brown
Interesting.
Matthew Hodge
It has taken me a while to work out what it is I like about Robin Jarvis' books - especially his ones about small creatures, like we get with the werlings in Harwood. I've finally worked it out.

It's 80s hand-drawn animation. The whole thing is steeped in the visual aesthetic of hand-drawn animation from that decade, if animation had been allowed to go down a slightly darker path. To explain: nowadays when we think animated films, we think aimed for kids, computer-generated animation. It'll have
Ionia
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do I love it? Why yes. Yes I do. Thank you for asking. I was excited to see Robin Jarvis' name on the cover and even more excited once I began reading this. With so much of fantasy recently being focused on more political type literature like GoT, it was nice to return to a world where the use of magic and silly, entertaining creatures was not a taboo.

I found this book to have a nice blend of humour, good storytelling and adventure. It was fun to learn about the different characters and there w
Judith
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gamaliel Tumpin along with his sister and other werling friends continue their mission to free the forest of Hagwood from the cruel and enduring reign of the wicked High Lady of the Hollow Hill who tried to rid herself of them using her thorn ogres in the first book of this trilogy. Thrills and fearful happenings abound in this sequel and Robin Jarvis constantly has his readers chewing their nails worrying that his cute heroes will fail in their struggles and succumb to a grisly end at the hands ...more
J.A. Ironside
Mar 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I was a tiny bit disappointed with this book. I enjoyed Thorn ogres so much that this seemed a bit loose and unfocused plot wise. There were so many fascinating strands - Mr Jarvis is an accomplished world builder after all - but the book didn't do them justice. Part of this must have been space; it's a short book intended for younger readers. But the issue for me was there being too many characters to really do any of them justice in such a slender volume.

And that was seriously the most frustr
Mandy
David Ritter
Jul 06, 2013
Josh
Dec 07, 2016

• The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Mirror Gate (Harbinger #2)
  • Endless Flight (Benjamin Ashwood #2)
  • The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, #2)
  • A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (The Tales of Dunk and Egg, #1-3)
  • Son of Rosemary
  • Shades of Magic Vol. 1: The Steel Prince
  • The Mother Goose Diaries (Adventures from the Land of Stories)
  • The Living Bible
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • Prism Cloud (Harbinger #4)
  • Iron Garland (Harbinger #3)
  • The Sleeper and the Spindle
  • I Am Behind You
  • Broken Veil (Harbinger #5)
  • Band of Breakers (Dragons Rising #2)
  • Queen of Seas (Dragons Rising #3)
  • Roadside Picnic
Robin Jarvis (born May 8, 1963) is a British children's novelist, who writes fantasy novels, often about anthropomorphic rodents and small mammals – especially mice – and Tudor times. A lot of his works are based in London, in and around Deptford and Greenwich where he used to live, or in Whitby.

His first novel – The Dark Portal, featuring the popular Deptford Mice – was the runner up for the Smar

The Hagwood Trilogy (3 books)
  • Thorn Ogres Of Hagwood (The Hagwood Trilogy, #1)
  • War in Hagwood (The Hagwood Trilogy, #3)