Start by marking “The Magic Mirror and the Seventh Dwarf (Accidental Enchantments, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Magic Mirror and the Seventh Dwarf (Accidental Enchantments, #2)

The Magic Mirror and the Seventh Dwarf

(Accidental Enchantments #2)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Book two in Accidental Enchantments.

Prince Richard is cursed. Enslaved to a magic mirror, he must truthfully answer the evil queen when she uses it to call on him. To keep from betraying innocents, Richard wanders the countryside and avoids people.

All her life, Gretchen has been teased for being small. When she hears of a hidden farm populated by little people like her, sh
Published February 18th 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about The Magic Mirror and the Seventh Dwarf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic Mirror and the Seventh Dwarf

Rhonda
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

This is a retelling of Snow White and the seventh Dwarfs. I liked it. Had a lot of same characters but different.

Evil step-mother who was the fairest, she has taken the princess thrown till she comes of age if she lives that long. The Queen has a magic mirror that can not lie to her. She can ask three questions only morning and night.

The tattered Princess wears ill fitted clothes that the Queen makes her wear. She is kind and tries to help her people behind her step-mothers back.

The 5 dw
Katie
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Accepting yourself is a powerful thing.

This is truly beautiful story that I absolutely loved. This is the first time I have tried a book by this author, but it certainly won’t be the last. The story has characters that are different and because of this are treated horribly by their peers. Through hardships and unexpected friendships they find that what they needed more than anything was to be able to accept themselves.

There was quite a bit of adventure in this book as well. The characters had to
Nicole Miller
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a child, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was one of my least favorite fairy tales. Yet Tia Nevitt re-told this story in such a clever fashion that I have been converted.

Whereas the traditional story has very flat, undynamic characters, Nevitt creates protagonists with depth. Gretchen and Lars seek out the Klein farm to meet others like them and they discover acceptance. Princess Angelika is not the traditional Snow White, but the Tattered Princess who bravely follows in her stepmother's wake
Kat  Hooper
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Originally posted at FanLit:

I rarely read fairytale retellings, but I picked up The Magic Mirror and the Seventh Dwarf because its author, Tia Nevitt, is a friend of mine. She’s a former fellow SFF blogger and she lives just a few minutes away from me, so we chat occasionally and have gotten together a few times. Also, I enjoyed her first published novel, the first in her ACCIDENTAL ENCHANTMENTS series, The Sevenfold Spell, a re-telling of Sleepi
Jenny Schwartz
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to talk about the things I loved about this novella without giving away important developments. So I'll make a general comment. Nice writing, a strong interrogation of the original fairytale, insightful character development and solid world building.
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! It'a very clever retelling of the Snow White story from the point of view of the man enspelled to the mirror and the seventh dwarf. It's got two romance story lines in it and I really enjoyed them both!
Stephanie
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Link: https://holedupinabook.blogspot.com/2...

I thought both of these books were highly entertaining as they discussed the other people in classic fairytales. As much I enjoy the classics, there were times when I was definitely curious to know more about the other “secondary” characters. That’s why I enjoy spinoffs or background books or shows like Once Upon A Time where other characters came come into light. So I was quite excited to see what these books were about.

Both of these books are defin
Mel (Daily Prophecy)
Ohhhhh, what a lovely story! :D
also on http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com

This book was very entertaining and can be read as a stand-alone. I’m definitely going to check out the first book, The Sevenfold spell.

It all starts with two separate stories. Richard is connected to the mirror from The Evil Queen of Snow White (whose name is Ange here). She can ask him three questions every day and he must answer them with the truth. He is very clever in giving useless answers. I liked the way he tricke
Ginny Lurcock
This is the second book in a week I wish I had more time to think about. The book is released today though, so no such luck.

(There���s something that a textual review cannot adequately convey here, and that���s how long I spent starring at the blinking cursor in word with my hands pressed together and held against my lips��� as if that pose would somehow unlock my feelings on this title.)

(They didn���t.)

(True Story.)

Okay, this is the worst possible way to start a book review, but it���s the one
Nicole Luiken
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the twin concepts for this faerie tale twist: that Snow White's prince is ALSO the magic mirror, and that the seventh dwarf is a woman. The ins and outs of the mirror magic curse and how Prince Richard fought against them were very interesting. I enjoyed Gretchen and Lars' romance.
Quibble: in such a short novella it was hard to get equally invested in both romances.
Lisa Heins Vincent
May 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Not as good as Sevenfold Spell, but still entertaining.
Colette
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one a lot.
Daniella Mathura
Adrienne Francis
Apr 14, 2016
Jessica Williams
Nov 03, 2017
  • Dark Secrets (Arcane, #2)
  • Cat's Tale: A Fairy Tale Retold
  • A Happily Ever After of Her Own (Ever After, #1)
  • The Bewitching Tale of Stormy Gale (Stormy Gale, #2)
  • Tarnished Knight (Grimm's Circle, #4)
  • How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight #2)
  • Chain Reaction (8th Wing, #2)
  • A Basic Renovation
  • Stellarnet Rebel (Stellarnet, #1)
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)
  • Priestess of the Nile (The Gods of Egypt, #1)
  • The Stubborn Dead (Lost Souls #1)
  • Stiltskin
  • Don't Bite the Messenger (NIght Runner, #0,5)
  • Time Thief (The Anomaly #1)
  • Keeper of the Shadows (The Keepers: L.A. #3)
  • Altered Destiny
  • Caught in Amber
Not even a stint in the military as an aircraft mechanic could erase Tia Nevitt’s love of fairy tales. To this day, she loves to read (and write) books that take her to another place, or another time, or both. Tia has also worked on an assembly line, as a computer programmer, a technical writer and a business analyst. Over the years, she has suffered from TMI (too many interests) syndrome, and und ...more

Accidental Enchantments (2 books)
  • The Sevenfold Spell (Accidental Enchantments, #1)