Start by marking “Thirtynothing” as Want to Read:
Thirtynothing

Thirtynothing

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  6,998 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews
That's the premise of the sparkling new romantic comedy from the author of the acclaimed international bestseller Ralph's Party-an irresistible novel about best friends, turning thirty ... and falling in love.

The critics raved about Lisa Jewell's bestselling debut novel, calling Ralph's Party "addictively readable" (The Times, London); "like going to a great dinner party"
Published January 1st 2001 by Plume (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Thirtynothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirtynothing

Stina
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This book was even more stupid and predictible than I thought it would be. Ugh.
Tree
Jan 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
It's on the high 2 star end...I've just been overly generous with my stars lately.

It's a fun enough book - just not good. It's predictable and I don't see "real" people doing the same things as Deen and Dig, at least for 20 plus years.
Beth
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Boring. Not going to finish. This is an early book from Jewell, so I forgive her. I like her more current books, so I thought I would read everything she wrote, but I have changed my mind. I'll keep to the more recent novels.
Fabulous Book Fiend
Review: aww it was so nice to be reading some Lisa Jewell again. This is one author where I haven't managed to catch up with her back catalogue yet and so I find myself downloading the audio books of the older novels, or even the ones I have on my shelf waiting to be read, and I absolutely devour them! I loved the fact that I could hear this author's voice even in one of her earlier books, as this is one of my favourite authors, it was reassuring to see that her voice hasn't changed much over th ...more
Jennifer Joyce
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Thirty Nothing was published over ten years ago and I’ve read it many times but the book is still as fresh and fun now as the first time I read it. Dig and Nadine have a wonderful, close friendship and I could feel Nadine’s pain as she felt it slipping away, both while they were at school and years later as adults. Delilah was the epitome of cool when she arrived at the school; mysterious and beautiful, immediately popular and Nadine didn’t feel she could compete for Dig’s attention and her inse ...more
*Lee*
Jan 02, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: anyone wanting a light fluffy chicklit read
Amalia Dillin
Oct 17, 2016 added it
Recommends it for: fans of bridget jones's diary
Shelves: got-it, romantic
I can absolutely see why younger me enjoyed this book. It's a definite friends to lovers contemporary romance/chick lit and deals with a friendship bordering on something more that got blown up by a girl, and of COURSE I ate that up, then, because reasons.

But. I am (thankfully) not in that same life stage now, so some of the magic is lost on me this time around. There are still laugh-out-loud moments where the writing really sparkles, and it has a definite bridget jones kind of feel in all the w
Vee
May 31, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I bought it, I was really looking forward to this book.

It was quite an easy read. The story itself was lovely though unrealistic, and I think it dragged out incredibly long for what It was. I really like the characters but more could have been done.

The language and writing style were just quite sloppy and cringe worthy in parts, though I have to say some of it was quite funny and there were a few 'laugh out loud' moments.

Overall an O.K read, but not something I'd recommend.
Carrie Allen
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a fun book! Kind of an eye opener-lots of people waste relationships and miss out on things that are right in front of them just because they are too afraid or they get stuck in "friend zone" territory. So silly- who better to marry than your best friend? This book makes me happy.
Marisa
Dec 23, 2008 rated it it was ok
The liner notes compared Jewell to Nick Hornby, perhaps because of all the dysfunctional characters. I found the characters' actions hard to believe; their motivations for doing rash and unbelievably foolish things were weak.
  • Catching Alice
  • Talking to Addison
  • A Promising Man (and About Time, Too)
  • With or Without You
  • His 'N' Hers
  • A Tale of Two Sisters
  • Just Friends
  • Playing Away
  • Come Together (Jack & Amy, #1)
  • Fourplay
  • Funny Valentine
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • Pride, Prejudice and Jasmin Field
  • Getting Personal
  • Learning To Swim
  • Second Thyme Around
  • On The Verge
Lisa was born in London in 1968. Her mother was a secretary and her father was a textile agent and she was brought up in the northernmost reaches of London with her two younger sisters. She was educated at a Catholic girls’ Grammar school in Finchley. After leaving school at sixteen she spent two years at Barnet College doing an arts foundation course and then two years at Epsom School of Art & ...more
More about Lisa Jewell...