Start by marking “Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)

Die for Her

(Revenants #2.5)

Set in the romantic and death-defying world of the international bestselling Die for Me trilogy, this digital original novella follows Jules, a brooding, immortal French artist who has fallen in love with his best friend's girlfriend.

Jules Marchenoir is a revenant—an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save human lives. He's spent
Published April 2nd 2013 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Die for Her, please sign up.
Carissa
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Nicole
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Jules is too perfect. I loved being inside his head and seeing what he thought throughout the series. I feel bad for him though because he needs to be loved! Jules, if you existed, I would love you haha. *sigh* I hope things work out for him in the end and he finds somebody else. Kate doesn't deserve him (and honestly Kate and Vincent are perfect for each other. No doubt about it.)

But what I loved about this novella is that unlike other novellas this basically recapped the whole series for us be
Monisha
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
OH MY GOD!!!

description

This novella totally did a number on me, potraying a worst case of unrequited love, and this

and a lot of this

description

Here's something which goes inside Jules head:
"The more Kate’s in our lives, the more I find myself falling for her.
The more I see her, the more I want her around.
It’s a vicious cycle, and it’s making me crazy."

description

"It’s with a feeling of despair that I return her to his arms.
I want him to be angry.
I want him to challenge me.
Because then the truth will be out and I won’t have
Jordan
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: real-love
first reaction sees this then faints*I've died and gone to heaven
second reactionsomebody slap me im dreaming... yes a book before the final one and its on jules
third reactionapril *bangs head on wall*are you kidding me why would you do this to us*screams*
P.s *in a calm voice* this is a really nice cover where was this for if i should die?

UPDATE
I just finished reading die for her (late i know)but i officially did three things.
1) Added Kate and Vincent’s relationship to my 'love i would die for' l
AJ
Nov 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a great novella that follows on from books 1 and 2 of the Revenants series. It is from the POV of Vincent’s flirty, womanising best friend, Jules, as he comes to the realisation that he is in love with his best friend’s girl.

“I’m falling for Kate. How could I? My best friend is in love with her. And she with him. You must never let them know - the words sizzle through my mind, and I feel like I am bleeding internally.”

I loved getting to see this side of Jules! I suspected that he had f
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
This wasnt really a #2.5 like I thought it would be. It didnt take place after book 2. It was the story of books 1 and 2, quickly and briefly retold in Jules' POV, and focusing mostly on the scenes between Jules and Kate. It was pretty heart-wrenching. Sometimes unrequited love is the most epic. I wish he had someone to share his pain with though. Maybe he should tell Charlotte, since she is in a similar situation with Ambrose. Maybe they could empathize with each other. I feel so sorry for them ...more
Andrea
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ha! I KNEW IT! I always had suspected that Jules was in love with Kate, this is just a confirmation.
Now I need this soooooo bad!

Jules honey, I'm here you know? Leave Kate with Vincent and come with me babe.
Katy
Jan 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
I have to confess that I LOVE Jules - well, I did, before I read this novella. I always liked Jules' character, charming, charismatic, loyal and witty with a great sense of humor that always left a smile on my face. So I was excited when I heard there was going to be a novella about him. And then, I found out what it was going to be about.

I'm sorry, but I've never been a big fan of Kate. She was always such a blah character, and I couldn't stand her in the second book because she was so difficul
Brittany
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, favorites
UPDATE April 3, 2013 (after release):
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! I loved having Jules point of view from both books Die for Me and Until I Die. I was smiling literally the entire book (well except in the end). I'm kinda surprised my face isn't hurting from the constant smiling. Before I read this book I already wanted Jules and Kate to be together. But now after reading this book... I'm kinda planning their fictional wedding right about now in my he
Alexa
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
“We’re not Boy Scouts,” I reminded him the third time. “We’re not here on earth to help little old ladies across the street. No one’s threatening to harm her, and she’s not going to commit suicide.”

I loved this, every single moment, I loved the recap of Die for Me and Until I Die in Jules POV. It was a bit scary though. It all started with him trying to warn Vincent from falling for the-sad-girl and it ended up with Jules himself liking her and then his liking grew to something much much more. L
Katherine
Well, that was a waste.

For those of you going into this thinking there's going to be new and exciting material for you to read about, I'm sorry to have to be the one to inform you that you're mistaken.

This was like a Sparknotes of the first book, except from Jule's POV. It added nothing new to the series, other than reminding us of the fact that he's in a sadly one-sided love triangle. The dialogue was the same, the though processes were the same, EVERYTHING WAS THE SAME EXCEPT FOR THE NARRATOR.
Jade
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I WANT this. No, I NEED this.

I am not even kidding.

Why did you fall in love with Kate(view spoiler)? Will you make your move towards Katie-bean? Why, oh why will you be released in April? Why isn't April the first month of the year?

So many questions unanswered. And i need the answers now!!!! GRRR.

Can't wait for this. Simply can't wait for this, but I hope the wait is worth it.

!!!EDIT!!!

Love this! Quite short for my taste,
Lisa RC
Jan 05, 2013 marked it as to-read
FNIVNEWOLBAWVBwluigbhuILJF;OAWNB

KNEW IT. KNEW IT. KNEW HE LIKED KATE.

PLEASE DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF VINCENT'S ABSENCE...

Dear Jules,
If you can't choose between friendship and love, I'll help you choose.
You choose friendship.

~ Waiting for April 2013

January Update
OKAY, LOOK AT THAT COVER.
I don't care if it's not the legit cover; it still looks beautiful
Clara (Clarylovesbooks)
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm happy that I've discovered this novella. I've read this trilogy I while ago and Jules' story always left me bittersweet. He was my favourite character and deserved so much more. Seeing scenes from the books through his eyes was both heartwarming and heartbreaking.
Annie Brewer
So this was wonderful. I loved being inside Jules' head. Even though it was heartbreaking at times, you really get to see a side to him that he rarely shows from Kate's pov. I always loved his character. His asshat sarcasm but really sweet and charming side. He's protective of Kate and puts his feelings aside for Vincent. He's loyal and selfless. I really felt bad for him. Jules deserves love too and I really hope Amy gives him a happy ending. Somehow.

But I really loved seeing the first two boo
Kathryn
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Jules... I feel for him though...He is such a tough place to be..but this shows how much of an admirable man he is. I really have a whole new appreciation for him.
Die for Her truly let us see Jules and it is refreshing...
He is such a kind hearted man!!!

But I absolutely love Vince...And man, I hope it works and she brings him back... He and Kate are soul mates!

Great read!! One of my favorite series!! And Die for Her now has me all set for If I Should Die...May 7th...please hurry and get h
˗ˏˋliaˎˊ˗
Dec 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i love jules, i really do, but this novella was just really unnecessary. it added absolutely nothing to the story and was only good as a short recap of book 1 and 2 from jules’ perspective. meh.
Nancy
I didn't think it was possible for me to love Jules any more than I already did.

There is a song I kept thinking about while reading this, Radiohead's "All I need"

"I am a moth who just wants to share your light
I'm just an insect, trying to get out of the night
I only stick with you because there are no others
...
You are all I need
You are all I need
...
It's all wrong, it's all right
It's all wrong, it's all right"

Unrequited love and obsession
This novella is a recount of the events from the previous
Erin
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-pnr-favorites
Amy Plum is brilliant, and I'd like to applaud her on doing what I wish all published authors who have year-long waits between their books would do!! Die for Her was the perfect look back into Kate and Vincent's Parisian undead romance, giving fans of the series the ideal refresher course in what's happened so far and where we stand before the final book, If I Should Die, releases in May. Written from Jules' POV, we see some of the behind the scenes moments as Vincent falls for Kate, even though ...more
CeCe
Amy Plum did an amazing job writing a male's POV and especially, Jules'. Not many

I know majority of the fans are team Vincent, but I liked Jules.

Through Jules' voice we see how Vincent fell in love with Kate and also how Jules fell in love with her too.

Kate is not Vincent's first love. Vincent was engaged to someone before he "died". I know Vincent loves Kate, but in back of my head, I always think Kate will be second best.

"Man, no one will ever compare to Helene. It's been seventy years sin
Ronda
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-favourites
...This novel from Jules POV was a fabulous reminder of how much I truly love this series and just how magical Amy Plum is at writing. Beautiful words and at the moment, tragic circumstances... I can't wait for the next book.
ajia
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
oh jules! let me love you!
Laura P.
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I totally loved to see the shortened version of the events of the first two books from Jules's perspective. As well to see Vincent and Kate from his point of view. Lovely!! I adored it!!
Christine
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
I have been on a major countdown for the release of Die for Her. I was so excited to wake up on Tuesday to find it already on my Kindle and I wasted no time in immediately starting it.

As with the other books in the Revenants series, Amy Plum thrusts us right back into the beauty and romance of Paris. I was in awe when I read Die for Me and Until I Die, and I experienced the same reaction when reading Die for Her. I felt as though I was there walking right along the Seine with the characters. I c
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also be found on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.ca/2013/0...

After reading Die For Her, I have a new appreciation for Jules. I already found him adorable in the previous books, but getting into his head in this novella, which also serves as a retelling of the events of the Revenants trilogy up to the end of the middle book through Jules’s point of view, just made me love him all the more.

Jules has got it really bad for his best friend’s girl. He loves Kate, too. And unlik
Lucy (Talk Less, Smile More)
I really loved reading from Jules POV. While reading Die for Me and Until I Die, I had a feeling that he liked Kate, I just didn't know that it was to this extent.

What makes this book so heartbreaking is the fact that we're witnessing Jules fall in love with someone who will never reciprocate those feelings. All in all, I think it's shows how much of a loyal friend he is to Vincent by not acting upon his feelings. He's not trying to steal Kate away, and there have been plenty of times where he
Mateja
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reading this novella was a perfect way to get back into the spirit of the series as well as refresh my memory before reading If I Should Die, the final book in the series.

Die For her is a novella written from Jules' perspective and it's basically a summary of everything essential that happens during the first two books in the series. In addition to that we get to see how Vincent slowly developed an obsession with Kate and how gradually Jules himself fell in love with her. I really liked Jules' v
Trisha
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Jules?” she says, a question in her voice.

the line above is the one that caught my attention. The one that made me pause...and raise my eyebrows and wonder....What was Jules doing...and how long had he felt this way.

We'd always read everything from Kate's perspective so we were always seeing things through her scewed perceptions.

I always thougth Jules was a flirt, was just a silly beautiful boy who loved and enjoyed women but never settled down.

Until that moment up in the studio, I'd never ev
Justine
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Sorry Jules, Vincent got there first! But... awww :')
Carol
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DIE FOR HER (#2.5)

• ⭐:4,7/5

💬: First two books of the trilogy from the point of view of Jules, somewhat a recap of all the things that happened so far and a way to prepare ourselves for the last book. Which I was really worried seeing how the second book ended not that happy.
I liked Jules already, but seeing his insight about everything, specially about Kate and Vincent was a delight and somehow painful experience. We see the Jules that loves Vincent so much, like a brother, and that tries to

• Shattered (Shade, #3.5)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
  • Breathless (Firelight, #3.5)
  • Neverfall (Everneath, #1.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #1.5)
  • A Desire So Deadly (A Need So Beautiful, #2.5)
  • Faceless (Denazen, #2.5)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • Secrets of the Time Society  (Timeless, #1.5)
  • Daniel's Journal (Fallen Shorts, #3.8)
  • Blurred (Kissed by Death, #2)
  • A Dark Grave (The Elysium Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #0.5)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Summer Night (The Witchling, #1.5)
Amy Plum is the international bestselling author of the DIE FOR ME series (Indie Next List pick, Romance Times top pick, and recipient of a starred review from School Library Journal). The books have been translated into thirteen foreign languages. The trilogy is accompanied by two eNovellas entitled DIE FOR HER and DIE ONCE MORE and a compendium entitled INSIDE THE WORLD OF DIE FOR ME.

DREAMFALL,

Revenants (3 books)
  • Die for Me (Revenants, #1)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
“She is my inspiration. My muse. My obsession.” 31 likes
“She leaves an empty hole behind her. There was this feeling of optimism and joy in the house when she was around that's now turned into void. Like Vincent, I feel hollow. Sad. And as the days pass, I begin to realize I've grown to care for Kate. Not as my best friend's girlfriend, but as someone in and of herself. And I realize I miss her.” 26 likes