Start by marking “Game. Set. Match. (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Game. Set. Match. (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #1)

Game. Set. Match.

(Outer Banks Tennis Academy #1)

Nestled along the North Carolina coast, the Outer Banks Tennis Academy is the world's most elite training facility. In this pressure-cooker environment, futures are forged in blood and sweat, and dreams are shattered in an instant.

Penny Harrison, a rising female star, is determined to win the French Open and beat her archrival, Zina Lutrova. But when her coach imports Brit
Published May 1st 2013 by Coliloquy, LLC (first published April 29th 2013)

Game. Set. Match. by Jennifer IacopelliCatching Jordan by Miranda KenneallyDairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert MurdockFront and Center by Catherine Gilbert MurdockThe Off Season by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
YA Sport Novels
260 books — 354 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
2013 New Adult Releases
1,153 books — 3,129 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennifer Iacopelli
GAME. SET. MATCH. is on sale for only $0.99!! It's for a very limited time to celebrate the cover reveal of its sequel LOSING AT LOVE, which is up for pre-order for just $2.99.

Grab them now!

Giselle
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, ebook
It's funny how I can not sit through any sports game and stay awake to save my life, but movies and books on the subject, I love! Game Set Match is the perfect example of why; ultimately about sports, the story is really about the characters, the dynamics between players, romances that bloom (what's better than 1 romance? 3 of them! ;), and feeling the excitement of the game by wanting these characters to win so much.

Not into Tennis? Honestly, don't let that deter you at all for one second. No
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, romance
[Note: This is a New Adult book - there aren't super explicit scenes, but there's definitely some steaminess that's more than PG-rated. I would call this a 16 & up book]

Game. Set. Match reminded me a lot of one of my favourite ABC Family shows, Make It Or Break It, which was about four elite women's gymnasts who were really just teenagers trying to live with a massive amount of talent and pressure.

In GSM, there are three viewpoint characters, Indiana Gaffney, the newcomer with a killer serve
Ashley Chen
Mar 25, 2013 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Ashley by: Lena
TENNNIIIIIISSSS WUUUTTT???!!!!

Chantelle
Okay listen up people, what makes a perfect summer read... a cute romance, sport, great characters, and a bit of drama. Am I right?

Now, what does Game. Set. Match. have? Tennis (which, let's be honest, is the ultimate sport), THREE cute romances, even more great characters and a whole lot of drama. I'm telling you now, Jennifer Iacopelli pulls off this winning formula, and I for one, will be rereading this incredible, light, feel-good book every summer, especially during the Australian Open!!

Th
Louisa
What's this? A New Adult book that doesn't actually suck?!?!?! One that I... gasp... want to reread?!

Even if you know nothing about tennis (I don't - I just know who Federer and Nadal are), Game. Set. Match. won't bore you with intense tennis talk. Okay, sometimes it might, but it's the dynamics between the main characters and their love interests that really serve a volley. Oh look, I learned! I only wish it didn't end a little abruptly and we got to see more resolution or this would've been a
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Now I know what's the buzz are all about.
Full review to come.
Veronika
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

WOW! I don't even know where to start! I read the book in one sitting, it was that good! Absolutely brilliant!

As you might already know, I love the New Adult "genre", but lately I've been disappointed in so many books, I started to pick out my reads more carefully. New Adult books became sort of a popular thing, and if you watch closely, they mostly have the same theme: some deep drama, highly depressed, tattoed brooding characters, complicated romance, and drama, drama, drama (often
Anne Osterlund
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Indi’s mother died last year, and with her, Indi’s dream of competing elite tennis; but when teen phenom, Penny Harrington takes on the world’s number one player and springs an upset, Indi remembers her own dream and snags a chance to train at the exact same facility as the tennis world’s new star.

Of course, Indi didn’t realize she was signing on to become a prime target for the hatred of nearly every aspiring female player at the academy. Or actual friends with Penny Harrington. Much less fall
Andrea
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I had somewhat high expectations for Game. Set. Match. Author Jennifer Iacopelli talks a big game (meant as a compliment) and so I had to wonder, could she deliver? I can say with assurance that Game. Set. Match. was not only as good as I'd hoped for. This book blew my expectations out of the water.

I'm a huge fan of sports-related books and movies. I was an athlete in high school. Though I only competed at a high school level, I can definitely relate to the team mentality, the mental toughness
Keely Dunn
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I beta-read a non-final revision for Iacopelli and give it in its current state 4.5. I have no doubt that once it's in final form, it will be a solid 5 for me.

GSM is a book that puts tennis front and centre. It's not used just as a backdrop that has no bearing on a romance-first story; tennis makes the three main characters who they are and drives the plot. Iacopelli's descriptions of the sport as a culture and the athletes' experiences as they are playing are authentic and inspiring, but she ne
Julia
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Loved it. And I know the revisions will make it even better. Definitely a book (series) you all should look forward to. Cannot wait to read the final version of this one -- and the next one.
Marie
This review was originally posted on my blog, Ramblings of a Daydreamer. You can find it, and many more reviews at the blog.

I’m going to be honest: I didn’t expect to like GAME. SET. MATCH. nearly as much as I did. I added it to my TBR list on GoodReads several months ago as an entry in a giveaway, and while I thought it sounded interesting, I didn’t give it much thought beyond that. When Jennifer Iacopelli herself contacted me and asked if I’d like to be part of her Street Team and hel
Krista
Apr 20, 2013 marked it as to-read
I've been playing tennis for over ten years. Combine my all-time favorite sport with YA/NA...yeah -- pretty excited for this one!

ALPHAreader
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Indiana Gaffney is returning to tennis after a year hiatus, following her mother’s death. She’s taking up an offer from legendary coach, Dom Kingston; US and Australian Open winner, twice over. Indiana ‘Indy’ will be moving to North Carolina and boarding at the nation’s most prestigious tennis training academy (founded by the Randazzo’s themselves!) Outer Banks Tennis Academy – reverently nicknamed OBX.

Indy gets off to a bad start with her fellow junior girl OBXers . . . and then things get pro
Merin
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, read-in-2013
I have been looking forward to Game. Set. Match. for a long time. I absolutely love tennis, so when I saw that this book would be set around the sport, I was instantly hooked and knew I had to read it. I was super excited to be chosen as part of the book blitz/blog tour, because I was so anxious to read the book that I didn't want to wait for its release. I am happy to report that everything I wanted this book to include - three strong female characters, three swoon-worthy boys, and lots and LOT ...more
Isamlq
May 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5/5

I don’t see it. Why all the fuss over this one? Is it because we’ve got three couples in one book this time around? If that’s the case the fact that there are three competing story lines to pay attention had me feeling slightly ‘that’s it?’ for all of them. Is it because of the tennis? Because tennis-speak is so not my thing. Game-speak of any sort for that matter. I confess to skimming each face off, zeroing in on who actually won/ lost. (Lazy, that’s me lately.)

So three girls, three boys
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Mar 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
*update* The author did contact me and is saying that as soon as she was made aware of the spam that she took measures to try and stop it. Her only intention was to post the info on her review and that she did not give the go ahead to spam other people's reviews.

I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and will go ahead and take this off my spam shelf and re-shelve this as to-read.

*original comment in section below*
Jennifer Iacopelli
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Grab them now!

LeighAnn Kopans
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Soooo good! Longer review to come nearer to release, but the story sucked me in and I'm still thinking about the characters weeks later! Definitely unputdownable.
Alaina
Big shout out to my Kindle Unlimited for having this available and for recommending it to me. Also, I feel like I should mention that I probably would have never known about this book ever existing until I did a reading challenge for this month.

So, Game. Set. Match. is a book about Tennis. Now this isn't my first tennis Ya sport book and it probably wont be last. The main character of this book is Indiana Gaffney and it starts off with her returning to her favorite sport, Tennis, after a year h
Sarah From Left To Write
Game. Set. WHOAH!! This book was so good! I couldn't put it down. All the characters were truly amazing. I felt this book come to life around me. The story is great, the romance is steamy, and the guys are dreamy. What more can one need? I totally recommend this book and I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!
Holly
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Originally published at Book Harbinger.

When her mother died, rising junior star Indiana Gaffney stopped playing tennis. But even she couldn’t stay away from the game completely. After watching up-and-coming American player Penny Harrison win the Madrid Open, Indy decides to accept the invitation from coach Dom Kingston to train at the Outer Banks Academy (OBX), an elite, world-renowned tennis facility in North Carolina. Soon enough she’s outranking more experienced players, gaining enemies, and
Misty Baker
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
** A 3.5 Review **

I am a hardass.

Or at least that’s what I like to tell myself.

The truth is…I’m a Sap. (With a capital S.) I swoon over fluffy kittens, I lose all comprehension of the English language around babies, and though I tell my husband our DVR is full of ABC Family melodramas simply to torture him, the fact is, I just freaking love them.

Let’s be honest for a second shall we? There is nothing more compelling than a gaggle of perfectly coifed uber rich socialites. The Princess. The Underd
Tracey (Life and Literature)
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Once you have her down, you can't let her up again. Never give an opponent hope.

The match, win or lose, would be the greatest moment of her life and she was going to enjoy it.

Tennis. I love it!!! I am in fact an absolute sports freak. Whenever I read a book it is more often than not that I picture tennis players as the characters. I'm not sure why or how that started, but I suppose it simply came from my love of the game.

Game. Set. Match is set mostly at OBX Tennis Academy and on the courts
Autumn Review
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tours, review, arc
GAME. SET. MATCH. was exactly what I needed. I fell hard for the characters and became consumed by the story. As a former athlete, I remember what it's like to search for that win, the score, the ultimate victory. These girls and their guys, show determination, strength of character, and definitely resilience. I enjoyed getting to know each girl, but found myself getting attached to two in particular. So, I've decided to write my review in the same way the book was written. Each chapter is told ...more
Jaime Arkin
3.5 stars!

I'm going to be straight with all of you out there... I don't know a single thing about tennis... well, that's not completely true, I mean... I used to watch it when Andre Agassi was around. Both pre and post haircut. But to be honest I wasn't watching for the game if you know what I mean.

That confession aside, this book really is focused around tennis... not so much the game itself though, so if you're not a big tennis watcher/player don't let that worry you. Instead, you get the bi
Books
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, I so didn’t want this book to end. I’ve been reading as much as I could every day, inching towards the finale, but hoping upon hope it would never end.

*sigh*

I think I’m in love with about three characters in this book…Alex…Jack…even Dom. Game, Set, Match oozes sexiness. I don’t know how the author managed it, but she wooed me with this amazing book and her superb writing. Even the girls were hot, okay? Is it possible to be in love with a book, cause I think I am.

OK, swoon session ove
caren
Mar 04, 2013 rated it liked it
I've been waiting for Game. Set. Match. for a couple of months now--anxiously. Just about as soon as I got it in my hot little hands, I cracked it open. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I hoped for good things.

It was very sporty at first, and as someone who's never played or taken a particular interest in tennis, I was kind of put off by that, but once I got through the first little bit, I was tuned-in. Even though as I said before I know nothing about tennis, to me, Iacopelli did a great job o
Tiffany
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
PROLOGUE REVIEW
Final review to be put up after the book is released

The prologue of GSM is thoroughly captivating, especially with the alternating POVs. Obviously, not much character development has happened yet, but what Jennifer has managed to write in a few pages is amazing. She was able to capture the essence of all three girls, and it was easy for me to distinguish one from the other.

As of now, Penny is my favorite character, with her hard drive and perseverance to win no matter who she's up
  • Georgetown Academy: Book Two
  • Georgetown Academy: Book Four
  • Levitating Las Vegas
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • Life on the Edge (Edge, #1)
  • Secret for a Song
  • Bruised
  • Our Song
  • The Color of Grace
  • One & Only (Canton, #1)
  • Precious Things
  • Hooked (Hooked, #1)
  • Riptide
  • For Everly
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • Stand Tall, They'll Break Your Heart
  • I See London (International School, #1)
  • An Endless Summer (Summer, #2)
Jennifer Iacopelli was born in New York and has no plans to leave...ever. Growing up, she read everything she could get her hands on, but her favorite authors were Laura Ingalls Wilder, L.M. Montgomery and Frances Hodgson Burnett all of whom wrote about kick-ass girls before it was cool for girls to be kick-ass. She got a Bachelor's degree in Adolescence Education and English Literature quickly fo ...more

Outer Banks Tennis Academy (2 books)
  • Losing at Love (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #2)
“You were fine," she said, a smile quirking up at the corner of her mouth. "I was fantastic.” 13 likes