Start by marking “Teen Titans Go!, Volume 1: Truth, Justice, Pizza!” as Want to Read:
Teen Titans Go!, Volume 1: Truth, Justice, Pizza!

Teen Titans Go!, Volume 1: Truth, Justice, Pizza! (Teen Titans Go! (Single issues) #1-5)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  169 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Published November 1st 2004 by DC Comics (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Teen Titans Go!, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teen Titans Go!, Volume 1

Natalie Monroe
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I am so fucking trash for the TV series, you wouldn't even believe. Still holding out for that elusive Season 6 and my baes Raven and Beast Boy to get together.

I mean—

—how can—

—these adorable munchkins—

—not—

—be—

—canon?

Jazmin Luvianos
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reminded me a lot of the old TV show and made me happy.
PigeonSquid
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tv-to-comics, comics
God this show was so good
Beckiezra
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics-manga
It was a bit too juvenile to really enjoy. I haven't seen Teen Titans in a few years but I don't recall thinking its jokes were lame or its stories were focused toward such a young audience. I mean if the cartoon is for tweens, this feels more like its for young grade schoolers. The art is sometimes a bit lacking as well, sometimes they just don't bother making things proportional (and not for any apparent reason like being chibi) and barely bothered with the faces. The coloring was good though.
sixthreezy
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc
Not a huge fan of Teen Titans but I did really like the old cartoon on Saturday mornings. This book reads exactly like the old cartoon, and it's a very fun read. The jokes at the bottom of the pages and throughout were really entertaining and kept you smiling throughout. I forgot how much I loved Starfire's way of speaking, and how funny it can be. This was really fun, must read for Teen Titans fans and though it plays more on the childish side of comics, it's very entertaining!
Carrie
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I NEED half stars, Goodreads. Loved it for the characters I already know and love, was a little disappointed with some jumpy transitions that caused some tiny moments of confusion. If you like the show, this is a fun, fast read.
Arthi
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A collections of stories that reflect the lighter storylines in the show :)
Andrea
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-graphnovs
A book from my childhood that I just had to read before I spring-cleaned it from my bookshelf. Ah, takes me back to when I was a wee little nerd at the local comic book shop, picking up an issue of Teen Titans Go every month. The odd, inconsistent artwork was noticeable even back then. Still, a nice little collection of the first five issues.
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This volume of "Teen Titans GO!" offers up the first 5 issues of the DC series. The Titans gulp down almost as much pizza as the Ninja Turtles and the story lines focus a tad more on morals than the action adventure seen on the TV series. The artwork was visibly inconsistent. I think a lot of the illustrators did the characters from the cartoon justice. Although I wasn't a huge fan of "Tim Smith 3" penciling work at all. Overall it is a fun series and I'd definitely consider reading more issues ...more
Rachel
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
The combination of superhero action and humour is what makes Teen Titans special. Like most teens, they are in the process of growing up; their antics are what make them so funny. Unlike regular superheroes who are shaped as the "ideal", the titans are made like teenagers who also have superhuman responsibilities. They can be great friends, but quarrelsome, not the most mature, and they have hobbies, like playing video games.
Jeanette
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
My 10 year old daughter is a Teen Titan fan. She loves all the older episodes and so when I saw this one I knew she would love to read it. Its a bit harder to read comic books on a kindle as the pages don't line up but we plugged through because we just wanted to know what happened. I saw we because I was actually interested in reading this comic too. The artwork was colorful and on point. It was very engaging, funny and enjoyable. I read this via netgalley.
Kelly
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Good, for a children's comic book. Definitely a little upsetting after watching the cartoon series. Characters seem a little out of character but the over-all storylines aren't bad. Still a Teen Titans fan.
Drucilla
Like the other Teen Titans Go! volumes, it's a decent read. There are issues that would have made great episodes, but there are also weaker ones.
Melissa
Oct 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I did not expect to like this.. actually, I didn't even really expect to read it, since I bought it for my kid. But anyway: it's funny and amusing, just like the show.
Ophelia
May 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Teen Titans
Recommended to Ophelia by: Volume 1 Truth, Justice, Pizza
I am going to look at the pages of Teen Titans till the end!
Stephanie Kennerly
Feb 04, 2016
Abby Rogers
Jan 25, 2012
Tammy
rated it did not like it
Jun 22, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Book needs to be combined 2 12 Dec 23, 2015 07:40PM
  • Teen Titans, Vol. 1: A Kid's Game
  • Robin/Batgirl: Fresh Blood
  • Young Justice: Sins of Youth
  • Tiny Titans, Volume 4: The First Rule of Pet Club...
  • Dancing with the Ghosts of Whales (Nightmares & Fairy Tales, #4)
  • Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood
  • I Luv Halloween, #3
  • Gotham City Sirens Vol. 4: Division
  • The New Teen Titans: Who is Donna Troy?
  • Yours Till Niagara Falls, Abby
  • Steven Universe: Too Cool for School
  • Starfire, Vol. 1: Welcome Home
  • Minions Volume 1: Banana!
  • Johnny The Homicidal Maniac #3
  • Bird Cat Dog
  • Gabby and Gator
  • Fantastic Four: Unstable Molecules
Comic book writer whose credits include the Eisner Award nominated Alison Dare, the YALSA listed Days Like This and Lola: A Ghost Story, as well as Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Love as a Foreign Language and Teen Titans Go, which garnered him a Shuster Award.
More about J. Torres