Start by marking “Moon (New Species, #10)” as Want to Read:
Moon (New Species, #10)

Moon

(New Species #10)

Dr. Joyce Yards has never met anyone as irresistible as 466. Their therapy sessions are growing hotter, his raw sexual hunger becoming aggressive, and he refuses to discuss anything except the possibility of getting her naked. Joy understands the dire consequences if she indulges her passion. It will break her heart but she must walk away.

Moon has been drugged, his memory
Published April 30th 2013 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon

Ashen
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This review will have spoilers. You have been warned.

Oh Moon. You were worth the wait.

“I’ve had four serious boyfriends in my life.”
He growled.
“What is wrong?”
“Love is forever.” He gave her a disgusted look. “You have no idea what real love is, Joy.”

I don't even know how to write this review, the book was just amazing. Moon and Joy meet when he has just been released and they are at Site Four (One of the places NS were sent when they were released). It starts off with one of their sessions. Moon
Monica
Dec 17, 2012 marked it as to-read
Am I the only one who wants to read about a primate new species? I mean, I love all the books. I would just have liked to hear about Jericho, or Smiley or even Destiny. Is that really so wrong? Not to say I'm not totally gushing about this instalment in the series. I absolutely look forward to reading Moon's story, and will squeal like the fangirl I am the moment I get my hands on this book. :) I was just wondering, why always canine and feline?
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Over The Moon Stars

* Some Spoilers*

photo 782976_zpswypviqou.gif

“Next time you engage in sex alone remember me because I’ll be doing the same.”

YAY this book has me all kinds of giddy!!!! So Moon is the 10th book in the New Species Series. This book picks up a few days after Shadow. Moon has been shot with a dart that has a unknown drug on it and has turned him completely feral. Dr. Joyce Yards gets called in to help a New Species that she use to treat , when she gets there what she finds breaks her heart. The NS that
Alex is The Romance Fox
This being the 10th book in the New Species Series, it was rather good to have a totally different storyline with Moon’s book. And though some of the storylines have been for me somewhat very similar, it has not stopped me from loving this series. The reason, well the main reason for that is the characters in the series. I have come to love them and am totally engaged in their world. The New Species world that the author has created is both compelling and addictive.

Moon, one of the Canine Specie
Sammy Loves Books
COVERGASM!!!

description

You know, it's a good thing the cover of this book is wonderful, because I found the contents to be quite Boring!! What a let down. There was so much repetition, explaining the same thing to four different people, and making me read the explanations four different times. That annoys me to no end when authors do that. As if they are trying to eat up pages.

The book picked up by the 60% point and became interesting. But by then the damage had been done. I enjoyed the bit of action at t
Jilly
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is a story of the world's worst psychologist - Joy. She gets a job counseling the New Species when they are first freed to help them adapt to life outside of captivity. But, the New Species are not fans of humans, you know - after being sadistically used as guinea pigs and punching bags their entire lives, so some of them are slightly resistant to another "doctor" coming in to force them to talk about their feelings.

So, Dr. NotsoBright gets a patient who starts saying inappropriate things t
Christie
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, shifters
Offensive cover! Those briefs are much too high! Lower those babies ASAP!
Mariℓina
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm seriously in love with the whole series, but Moon is my favorite by far. This is the best book in the series so far and you know... Moon is soooooooo hot!

After finishing Slade i wasn't in the mood for Valiant or anyone else for that matter, but Moon sounded promising! And it was.. Joy and 466 share an amazing kind of chemistry, too much sexual tension and an incredible backstory. This book was darker and the plotline less adventurous and still, i couldn't stop reading.

This installment starts
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

In the tenth book of the New Species series, Dohner presents readers with psychiatrist Dr. Joyce Yards, who goes by the name of Joy. Joy was 466’s shrink before but two years have passed and now 466 goes by the name of Moon. He was shot by something that has made him crazed and his is now murderously dangerous to all those trying to help him. Potent in feral sexuality, Moon is a New Species turned ten times more dangerous because he doesn’t recognize those around him. However, he does recognize
Denisa
This book?

So, I admit, I wanted to skip this book in the series. So many people hated it, I really didn't want to be one of them. Thank God I wasn't!

Typically, it would have been a 3 star for me. But I've had bad luck with books, so I needed something relaxing, and this was it. Even more, it managed to surprise me a bit. There wasn't as much drama as I expected, (view spoiler), I got used to that happening
Jen
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
First of all, I will say that I did enjoy this book; however I was somewhat disappointed in it. One of the biggest reasons for my disappointment was that I found Moon and Joy's time together was quite limited in the story. So much time went into explanations of their feelings when they were talking to other people, I even found myself skimming some of the pages. This is a total first for me when it comes to the New Species series. Don't get me wrong, I still found it sexy and at times down right ...more
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Great addition to the New Species series. Moon was intense & yummy and Joy was perfect for him. My favorite part of the book though was when she told her parents that she was in love with a New Species Male....they're reaction was priceless & LOL funny!! I only wish we could have seen the actual meeting between Moon and Joy's parents.
Ladymcbeth
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What to say... another hot book from Laurann Dohner I love.
Read it and finished last night, a little crying in my bed.
If I could have given more than 5 stars I would have.
Now I want to read more of NS books.

Read it !

2nd reading was even better than the first :)
 B.E.Love
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
**re-read** still love it.
AHH I love me some Species males. Laurann Dohner did it again I love this series I love how it has progressed and I love getting to know the males and getting more of this world. Laurann Dohner is an author I know I can read and love her book. She makes me wish I could re-read this series again for the first time and she also makes me a little sad because I know so many authors can't compare to her.

Joy and Moon met at the camps that held the newly released species whe
Vishous
Apr 30, 2013 marked it as read-me-now-series
what is the name of that body?!?!?!

wow......

major drooling......

lickable....
Sophia Triad
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
MOON & JOY

Not much to say... Loved Moon, loved the chemistry with Joy, loved Harley, loved the book cover, loved the story.
Hilda
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, adult
You’re the only one who can reach me when I’m lost.

More of the same. I feel like the first couple of books were the strongest. Stuff happens. Miscommunication, again....gasp. Lost of crazy cage sex. Seriously, more cage sex. I know they joked about naming a kid Cage but...well, it might happen. It wouldn't be any stranger than Moon. Joy and Moon were good together, I guess. More stuff seemed to just happen. Honestly, I was just here for the crazy cage sex. Bleh.

By the way, I've been dying to us
Aalaa * Ayla * آلاء
Okay. Deep Breaths.

Now on to my review:

Moon is the 10th installment of the New Species series by Laurann Dohner. You might have remembered Moon from other previous books, such as Obsidian, when he was doing that whole process of cheering him up and all (and was caught reading a book which I really hoped that he would do often. Sadly, that wasn't the case, and I read too much into it lol).

ANYWAYS

(Review may contain spoilers. Read with caution)

In this book, we are first brought back to the past
Maria Kaye
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK! Although I had one major problem with it, the whole pacing. Not much happened story wise but I really loved Moon and Joy's time together.
Rin W. Vitale
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Moon-stars!

First thing's first, when you see the cover and read the blurb, don't your mind jump into reaction like: yas!! there will lots of sex, me gonna liked ittt! definitely!

description

But honey, there will be not that much of it though, and I am glad it be that way. Because story is so important in a book, right? Right?? Of course you can't just jump into the bang session without build the chemistry between character first, right? I'm being such a smartass here.

description

Anyway, in this series was about Moon
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
7/7/2018- ETA: Upon 2nd re-read, 5***** ;)

Solid 4 Stars

*Sighs* Oh Moon...
 photo tumblr_m2qpt3hz4C1r7kqch_zps3f97bfc5.gif

If you have been following this series then you will understand what I mean when I say, that I LOVE how each book continues to evolve with each character. How deep not only the plots continue to get, but the chemistry between the main characters and the circumstances surrounding their union. The dialogue as well. With every book you read in this series the stories, plots, interactions etc.. begin to feel more organic. Nat
Erika

After Shadow, this is now my second favorite New Species book. I really loved it! Both Moon and Joy were wonderful characters. There was much more emotional elements to this story versus the other books in this series. I actually almost shed a tear at one point when I felt so bad for Joy. I completely understood her reasons for leaving Moon two years prior, and I felt bad that she was hurting. Of course, i also felt bad for Moon. The sex scenes were fantastic in this book, my only compl
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed Moon. He was a great character and, as with all NS characters, I loved his sincerity and alpha authenticity. I was not a huge fan of Joy though for some inexpiable reason. I "liked" her but she annoyed me. I think it might just have been me so take that with a grain of salt.

Also, the subject of Joy leaving Moon at Site Four (pretty much the main and sole conflict of the book) really got old and after a while I felt like we were just beating a dead horse.

I felt like th
Chappy
Re-read Jan 2, 2017

Luv, luv, luv Moon. He wanted Joy but she had to leave for his own good. This really shook his self confidence and he felt abandoned. It took a dire situation to bring them back together, and oooh boy what chemistry.
Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
April 30th 2013

I LOVE MOON! can't wait for this!

Awesome cover!
Leyla

*Re-read*

So Moon is the tenth book in the "New Species" series...

3.5 Stars for this canine fellow!

We've seen Moon pop up in previous books and he's always this level headed, kind and sweet character. In his book, fortunately, we get to see him fully and enjoy his story.

Moon has been shot with a drug that made him feral. He has no recollection of the people around him or where he is. He has become a dangerous New Species male...

ATTENTION PANTIES AND HEARTS ARE IN DANGER!
In comes, Dr. Joyce Yards
Katya
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Angela
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another home run from Laurann Dohner's New Species series! This one is probably one of my series favorites (which is saying something because there are SO many good ones!!!) but this was a little different from the typical kidnap/hate groups/rescue stories. In the previous book we knew Moon had been drugged with an unknown substance that was making him insane. This book picked up where that left off and explains a bit of Moon's past when he was originally released from Mercile. We learn that 466 ...more
Pam Nelson
4.5 Moon Stars

I don’t know why but I always get Moon and Smiley mixed up I keep thinking Moon is primate species but nope he is K9 species.
Once I shook my brain into submission (just kidding) it was all good.

I very much enjoyed that they brought in a new character from when they were first freed. We get to see a different side of Homeland and Species this way. It wasn't like poof your free here is your own space doesn’t hurt us. It took months and a lot of care to get them to where they are n
Hollie
Dohner has done it yet again

I usually tire of a series after book 4 or 5 - that is not the case with this one. Maybe because each book can be read as a standalone? I'm not sure, but what I am sure of is that each book in this series is consitently great. Moons story was no exception. If anything, I feel like the series is improving which says a lot. I loved the writing style, the character depth, and the fast moving plot. I look forward to reading the next book when available.
I need something to fill the wait!!! 28 184 Sep 20, 2013 06:34PM

• Rules of Engagement (Cyberevolution, #7)
  • Saved by Venom (Grabbed, #3)
  • Shadowed (Brides of the Kindred,  #8)
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes, Volume 2
  • Justin (Tales of the Shareem, #6)
  • Conn (Skin Walkers, #5)
  • B785 (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #3)
  • The Savage King (Lords of the Var, #1)
  • Enemy Mine (Alpha and Omega, #2)
  • Alien Redemption (Clans of Kalquor, #6)
I had a rather short area here telling a little about me but then I had more than a few people ask me to expand it so... here goes. LOL. I'm a full time home 'supervisor' which is a nice word for saying I'm a housewife. I'm married happily, I met my dream guy 20 years ago, and we have 4 children. I live in Southern California and I can't function without iced coffee. I believe in romance, I've alw ...more

New Species (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Fury (New Species, #1)
  • Slade (New Species, #2)
  • Valiant (New Species, #3)
  • Justice (New Species, #4)
  • Brawn (New Species, #5)
  • Wrath (New Species, #6)
  • Tiger (New Species, #7)
  • Obsidian (New Species, #8)
  • Shadow (New Species, #9)
  • True (New Species, #11)
“It’s called being in love. It’s more frightening than confronting your deepest fear and opens you to being hurt beyond the physical plane.” He placed a hand over his heart. “It might seem as though it’s a weakness to you but it is proof that we are more than numbers, experiments, or whatever else Mercile intended us to be. It takes bravery and strength to feel such strong emotions for one person when we were denied from birth the chance to ever care about anything or anyone. I’m not saying it’s easy or painless. It is probably one of the most complex things I’ve experienced. Jessie is my life. My heart beats for her and I will admit to all that I wouldn’t want to go on if I lost her. The unmated ones don’t understand and are currently looking confused or horrified. I’m hopeful they’ll know the ups and downs of falling in love one day. It’s a gift and a curse at times but everyone should experience it. It’s a part of life and we are survivors.” 37 likes
“You’d hate me later if we do this and you have feelings for someone else.”
“No excuses,” he snarled.
It gave her pause as she regarded him with alarm.
He slowly crouched. “If there is a female, she’s not here. You are.”
Ouch. Would anyone with breasts do it for him right now?
He seemed to guess where her thoughts went. It shouldn’t have surprised her. The man she’d known had been deeply insightful.
“I am certain there is no female I want more than you, Joy. If I was dating, I settled for her.”
“You can’t know that for sure.”
He leaned forward, gripped the edge of the bed with both hands, and nodded. “I have no doubt.”
17 likes