Start by marking “C# 3.0 Design Patterns” as Want to Read:
C# 3.0 Design Patterns

C# 3.0 Design Patterns

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
If you want to speed up the development of your .NET applications, you're ready for C# design patterns -- elegant, accepted and proven ways to tackle common programming problems. This practical guide offers you a clear introduction to the classic object-oriented design patterns, and explains how to use the latest features of C# 3.0 to code them.

C# Design Patterns draws on
Published December 20th 2007 by O'Reilly Media (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about C# 3.0 Design Patterns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about C# 3.0 Design Patterns

Tomáš Andrek
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect book with examples. It's really worth it if you want to improve your c# skills
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Andrea by: No one in particular.
I'm reading it slowly, trying to do the excercises at a section's end before moving to the next one.
So far I've studied Decorator, Proxy and Bridge patterns, and it's been a very interesting and enlightening read (bear in mind however that it's my first real approach to patterns, having skimmed through the pages of Gamma's tome a few years ago, so my judgment should be weighted).
I've found the comparison table at the end of the three chapters really useful, the patterns themselves having a few
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recommend this book to a lot of other developers. I wish an updated version was been released, but everything here is good. If you really understand the patterns, you can update them in your code to use new C# features or even translate them to another programming language.

I rated this book only three stars because a few of the examples were not as clear as I would like.
Matt Weber
Feb 25, 2008 added it
Shelves: geek
I'm enjoying this book because it covers the design patterns in an intuitive way. Also, it centers on my technology (instead of java) so that I don't have to be constantly translating during the examples. Finally, it uses many of the new C# 3.0 features in its solutions... very cool for someone with too much to read!
Ahmed Gamal
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
great book for those who use c sharp.
it dive into c sharp features while building the design patterns.
for each pattern it explains the design,the usage, the code and examples.
some examples wasn't clear enough though.
Jun 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: programming, dotnet
As as C# developer I found this book indispensible. It is now a tattered, well used tome on my desk. If you want to learn patterns, if you don't want to learn patterns and just want to copy solid code, or maybe something in between, this is the book for you.
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: csharp
It's OK, but no more than that. The examples are really confusing. Also, some of the code that exemplifies the patterns is now outdated. For example, Singletons are now made easy and thread-safe via Lazy<T>, which only showed up in .Net 4.0.
Jan 20, 2013 marked it as work-to-read
Thumbed through it quickly. Not sure if it would be useful for our students.
Looked at this book in January 2013.
Jan 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
A decent introduction to design patterns using the C# programming language. Lots of code examples included.
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: c
Goto Book for Design Patterns.
Wes Smith
Oct 09, 2008 rated it it was ok
OK for introducing the design patterns. I disagree with the suggested implementations. It also isn't ideal for introducing the additions in C# 3.0
Mazen El Senih
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: programming
Good book for every programmer, weather he writes in C# or any other language.
Mar 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: programming
Boring as F###. Far-fetched and abstract examples, instead of real-world simple ones. Horrible analogies.

Great read if you need something to put you to sleep.
Vernon Burt
May 07, 2014
Jonathan Minond
May 06, 2014
Andrea Angella
rated it did not like it
Apr 13, 2014