Start by marking “No-Bot, the Robot with No Bottom” as Want to Read:

No-Bot, the Robot with No Bottom

Bernard the Robot loses his bottom on the park swing, and sets off to find it. Every time he gets close, it disappears again! Bird was using it as a nest, but it was too heavy; Bear used it in his drum kit, but it was too tinny; the Squirrels built sandcastles with it...and now it looks as if they're sailing away in it. Will Bernard EVER get his bottom back?

Praise for No-B
Published January 3rd 2013 by Simon Schuster Children's UK (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about No-Bot, the Robot with No Bottom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No-Bot, the Robot with No Bottom

Louise
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My son just loves this story. He giggled all the way through.
Rose English
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Book 03 of my Goodreads Challenge 2019

This is s bright, fun silly story about Bernard the robot who loses his bottom whilst in the park. Young readers will enjoy flicking through the pages and trying to find the bottom that is used for many different things. It is even used down on the beach.

It's a story of friendship and how everyone comes together to try and help Bernard find his bottom.

A real laugh out loud story.
Becky Sparkes
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant KS1 picture book to read. Can be linked to other books about robots and a topic learning about robots. Kids found this book very funny and enjoyed hearing it.
Ros
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Kids love this story. ‘I’m not a robot, I’m a no-bot’!
SarahEmily1990
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ani
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
My 3yr old loved it
Den
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, children
The robot has lost his bottom and starts searching for it. It is amazing how many things can a bottom become?
Sarah Brombley
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious book! Shown it by my godson and funny for both of us!
Storywraps
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bernard the Robot loses his bottom when he decides to go for a swing ride, gets off the swing and guess what? He loses his bum. He finally discovers his loss and goes on quite an adventure to find it once again. He gets very close to capturing it a few times, but it disappears from his grasp. He enlists the help of his animal friends to help him hunt it down. A cute little bird is using it as his nest but ooohhhh, it is too heavy. A bear tries to use it as part of his drumming kit but oooohhhhh, ...more
Lucy
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
A story about a robot called Bernard, who goes to the park to play on the swing. While on his journey home he realises that he has lost his bottom. He begins an adventure to find his bottom and seeks help from friends who have seen items that are of similar shape and colour, but no, to his dissapointment they are not his bottom! They work as a team to continue to search. Bernard later spots a funny shaped sandcastle and discovers it's his bottom.

This book is aimed at key stage 1, personally i f
Alison
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sue Hendra’s story No-Bot the robot with no bottom! is a brilliant read for children and adults of all ages. Bernard the robot unfortunately leaves his bottom on a swing at the park. When he goes back to the park it isn’t on the swing anymore. The story takes Bernard on a journey to visit different animals to try and retrieve his bottom, when he finds it Bernard and the animals he met on his journey celebrate with a wiggling, jiggling bottom dance. Bernard vows never to leave his bottom behind a ...more
Adam Nickson
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
No-Bot, the Robot with No Bottom

A story about a little robot who has lost his bottom at the park. An excellent little adventure as the robot and his friends try to find where his bottom has gone. Excellent illustrations. An enjoyable read.

Scarlett (aged 5) *****

Poppy (aged 3) ****
~☆clockwork
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Sue hendra is a much loved author in my household my children adore her . I definitely recommend her she seems to be a big hit in my children's school aswell this is how I found out about her. Like her others this story is humorous,teaches us little lessons and generally puts a smile on my boys faces it centers around lovable robot Bernard who has lost something rather crucial and goes about with the help from his friends to find it, I recommend
Melanie
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog, favourites
Great story about a robot who loses his bottom on a swing at the park and his adventures trying to find it. The pictures are cute, the story great and the word "bottom" used at least once on every page making it the funniest story ever for my kids. One of those books that is requested over and over.
Rachel
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My son bought this book from the school book fair, having enjoyed Sue's other books, and this is just as good. Colourful, cheerful and very funny, it's a lovely children's book for them to read alone or share together.
Tina
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Hilarious, but please, don't read this for the first time if you're just getting over acute pneumonia, like me, you'll turn blue for laughing because of it. My son loves robots, so I know he'll love this.
Fiona Robson
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Anyone with small children should read this book to them! My 4 year old thinks this is one of the funniest things he's ever heard and keeps on asking for it night after night!
Chris Greene
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: no-bot
funny and great
Dee-Ann
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this to my 8year old son last night and he loved it. Funny, cute, a bit of rhyming and playing with words, great characters and cute ending.
Martin Waterhouse
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: eddie, actual-book, kids
A sure way to write a book that 3 year olds (and their dads) will definitely enjoy is to have the word 'bottom' on practically every page.
Mrs G
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect! A hilarious picture book, loved by my class of 7 year olds but suitable for ks1 and lks2
Virginie Mahe
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Alice Hudson
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Really funny and the illustrations kept my 1 year old interested!
Beth