Start by marking “The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)

The Leopard Prince

(Princes #2)

THE ONE THING A LADY MUST NEVER DO....

Wealthy Lady Georgina Maitland doesn't want a husband, though she could use a good steward to run her estates. One look at Harry Pye, and Georgina knows she's not just dealing with a servant, but a man.

IS FALL IN LOVE....

Harry has known many aristocrats - including one particular nobleman who is his sworn enemy. But Harry has never met
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published April 1st 2007 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Leopard Prince, please sign up.
Jen Yes, it is not a continuation from the first book. The two heros from the other two novels do make a brief appearance.

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Did I really finish two whole books on a work night? I'm officially the superhero of reading (and also, on an unrelated note, the superhero of not getting enough sleep tonight).

Man, when Elizabeth Hoyt is on her game, she is on her game. I've had several misses since reading the book that originally turned me onto this author, DUKE OF SIN, but reading THE LEOPARD PRINCE reminded me of why I got into her writing in the first place.

Lady Georg
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
4.5/5

Once again, Elizabeth Hoyt has given us unconventional characters in extraordinary circumstances, brought together in a truly lovely story.

Goats are dropping like flies all over Lord Silas Granville’s lands. Tempers are flaring, accusations being cast and Harry Pye is at the center of it all. He knows he’s being framed for the deaths and is determined to find out who the culprit is before Granville, who is also the Magistrate and long time enemy of the Pye family, can see him hanged. Harry
Jilly
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't know. The heroine is kind of stupid, and the hero is kind of crude. He's supposed to be just a low-born guy, so I guess they needed to prove that a lot. And, considering how much she cared about fashion and superficial B.S., I had a hard time believing them as a couple. It was more like he was a new toy that she wanted to play with, and she is used to getting what she wants.

She wants his stick all right..

The only thing that kept me reading was to find out who was killing the sheep. And,
Baba
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicals
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED
"I'm yours to do with as you wish, my lady."

4.5 stars.

YORKSHIRE, ENGLAND, SEPTEMBER 1760
Harry Pye is Lady Georgina (George) Maitland's land steward. Admittedly, the hero seems to be pretty average at first sight. Average height, rather lean, brown hair and he wore brown clothes, as if to camouflage himself. Our hero seems to be cold and stoic, too. But despite his being rather average, he's got stunningly beautiful green eyes, and if you look a little bit closer, you'll rec
Princess under cover
So, I've decided to upgrade the rating of this book from 4 to 4.5 (round to 5) stars on the 4th read (I think this might be my 4th read, tho it's been a long time since I read it last).

What I liked about it:

The Mistress-Servant scenario I'm a sucker for a powerful woman and a man who doesn't seem to have much power but who is still powerfully male despite his circumstances. The Hero Harry is one such man. He's portrayed as average height, not terribly grabbing of attention, everything brown and
Floripiquita
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me ha gustado bastante, quizá algo menos que el primero. Es bastante entretenido, a pesar de lo inverosímil de algunas situaciones tan modernas allá por 1760.
Beanbag Love
Nov 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
This should have been a five star. It was soooo close. Until the last 20%.

Basically the heroine does something TSTL at the end and we have to wallow in that manufactured nonsense for the rest of the book. Then the ending comes abruptly, we have a sweet little reconciliation and it's over. No epilogue or nuthin'. Boo!

Harry Pye and Georgina "George" Maitland are a nice, unique couple. He's her land steward and she's the sister of an earl who's aunt left her everything she owned. So she's got more
Shin Mon Thway
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
As always, Elizbeath Hoyt never fails to amuse you.

I love how she named her heroine “George”. That itself was amusing. And I loved the chemistry between George and Harry while the coach broke down and they had to stay in an abandoned hut to avoid storm. I think this book reflects on Hoyt’s feminism since our heroine is apparently a very unusual and eccentric lady for her era. I really enjoy how she managed her properties and how brave she is when she needed to stand up for Harry. She was one he
Mo
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable read in this series. How I love when the aristocrats fall for the commoner. Don't you?

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SLIGHT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Mrs Hoyt,

After I finally got around to reading your first book, “The Raven Prince,” I was hooked on your writing. I knew I had to have this book, “The Serpent Prince”. Well, now that I’ve finished this one I’m starting to panic. Only one book left. “Gah!”

I’m happy to say that I find Harry and George’s story more realistic than the first book. In the mid eighteenth century, I find it easier to believe that a lower class man and an upper
Karen
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

I forgot one thing when I told you about the end of the fairy tale."
Her almost husband smiled down at her and asked gravely, "What was that, my lady?"
"And they lived happily ever after."
"So they did," Harry whispered back, and kissed her.

Another fabulous story. Very very different from the first. Loved it.
Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
5 My Lady Stars

Hot Dayuumm

Harry Pye is THE. MAN. if I do say so meselfff. So, I've only just kind of realized that in almost all the HR novels I've read, the men are rich peers by inheritance, like dukes, earls, viscounts, etc. etc. We rarely do see a working man of the middle class persuasion, or even a self made man in the upper class. I mean of course those books exist, BUT the majority of Historical Romance in Georgian, Regency, Edwardian or Victorian era is about 90% surrounding privileged
Daniella
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it
The Leopard Prince was almost perfect. Ms. Elizabeth Hoyt's writing is one of the best I've ever encountered, and she definitely did not disappoint with this book. The way she weaved words together was just amazing. Every sentence commanded my attention; every word made me feel.

And of course, there were the characters. They were so brilliantly created, every one of them. From George and Harry up to the last of George's brothers, I loved them all (except the villain, of course). Hell, even Will,
Keri
There is no way that I can review the book well enough that would relay how much I loved this book. But I shall give it a try. I fell in love with Harry, just like Georgina. How could I not? Harry and His Lady made the cutest couple and the love scenes were hot as well.

I liked Harry for being just a regular guy. He wasn't very tall or hulking. He was just a simple man with sexy green eyes. A working man trying to do his job. He also didn't take any crap off anybody. He might have been his Lady'
Julianna
Oct 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Sensuous Historical Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" With The Leopard Prince, Elizabeth Hoyt has authored another solid story in the Princes Trilogy, and has once again, shown her talent for creating unusual characters in a unique situation, as well as an ability to write a good mystery. Ms. Hoyt continues her “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” theme with two rather ordinary characters. Georgina is described as a plain woman who is certainly no beauty. She is a bit too tall for a woman, has untamable curly r
Caz
I'm actually giving this 4.5 stars, but unusually, am rounding up rather than down. Why? Two words. Harry. Pye.

This book has been on my TBR pile for quite some time, so when I saw that one of the prompts for the AAR Days of the Week Reading Challenge was to read a book in which the hero or heroine is a landowner, a farmer, a gardener, a botanist, or a book that has the words "garden" or "flower" in its title, or the book is set in the country side, I immediately added the book to my list.

There a
-ya
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hr
2.5-stars
Mystery? Flimsy.
Tension? Non-existent.
I enjoyed the first book The Raven Prince, and Wicked Intentions from Maiden Lane series by the author. I thought this book wouldn’t be a disappointment. Grrr..The Leopard Prince has such an unrealistic plot line between MCs with romance that can only be described as ridiculous. Plus, I have no idea why Lady Georgina falls in love with her land steward Harry. The part I really like is Harry's interaction with his brothers. Very endearing.
Audrey
May 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I love how Harry calls George "my lady" because she is, indeed, his lady. *le sigh*
Juliana Philippa
George + Harry + their relationship = amazing!!, but mystery subplot could have used some work (4.5 stars)

Another absolutely lovely book by Elizabeth Hoyt! At the time I'm writing this review, I've read all three in the Princes trilogy and have to say that my ranking in terms of preference follows their order in the series.

The Leopard Prince was close on the heels of The Raven Prince (5 stars), but the biggest complaint I have with this book was the mystery subplot. Had it been simpler, it could
Robin
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wealthy Georgina Maitland, daughter of an Earl, owns a country estate that was left to her by her aunt. When she receives a note from her sister, George is escorted home by her land steward Harry Pye. On the way home from London, a storm causes the carriage to crash and George and Harry seek shelter in a nearby cabin. When they finally arrive at her estate, George is told that someone has been poisoning sheep in the area. The prime suspect is Harry Pye. George doesn't believe Harry could ever do ...more
Cathy (cathepsut)
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
The opening line sets the tone of the book nicely:
"After the carriage wreck and a bit before the horses ran away, Lady Georgina Maitland noticed that her land steward was a man."

It's been a while since I read the first book and I don't remember anything of it, except that I liked it well enough to get the next book. The Leopard Prince worked well as a stand-alone.

Decent world-building, the first few pages had me giggling immediately. Good backstory, interwoven well with the main plot. The evil l
Maureen Feeney
Feb 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Lady Georgina Maitland is 28, wealthy, single and intends to stay that way in order to keep her independance. She has hired a land steward to run her estates, Harry Pye.

When she returns to her estate in Yorkshire, Harry gets blamed for poisoning the sheep by Magistrate Silas Granville. He insists George fires him before he arrests him, but she stands by Harry. As tension mounts throughout the story we learn there is a history between Silas and Harry. When George stays loyal to Harry a relations
Pepa
Soy muy consciente de que la historia es totamente inverosimil... al menos para mí, me cuesta mucho creer tanto la actitud de ella como de toda su familia ante ciertos hechos. Aún así, lo he disfrutado de principio a fin. Sin embargo, otros temas, están bien documentados ya que lamentablemente eran muy asiduos.
Él me ha encantado, me pueden estos hombres tan estirados, jajaja
Juega bien con el tema del culpablre y te hace dudar entre tres o cuatro.
Cierto también que puede que sobren escenas hot,
kris
Nov 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Georgina "George" Maitland is besotted with her land steward, Harry Pye. Harry Pye thinks aristocrats are yucky and dumb. Also, there are poisoned sheep and a neighbor desperately wants to see Harry destroyed. So what are our intrepid couple to do? SEX, OF COURSE! LOTS OF SEX!! THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING!!

1. The sex fixes nothing.

2. Someone is planting Harry's carvings alongside the poisoned sheep (view spoiler) but neither Harry nor George consider P
Dee
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 Star

Another enjoyable read from EH but have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first one in the series.

I tried to work out exactly what had affected my enjoyment and I think it was because Harry came from the lower class than Georgina. I know that sounds a bit hypocritical as I don't mind when it is vice versa as in the man coming from Upper Class and woman from lower classes etc but I don't like it the other way around - weird I know but there you go ha ha.

Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
I've enjoyed Hoyt's books (the few I've read), but they always seem to be missing that IT factor for me: that thing that will keep me reading the same book again and again. She writes well and is capable of producing a solid romance, so I know I can turn to her books if I need to read something I'll definitely like.
Nadia
It was okay, until the last 10%, by then I just had enough of the unnecessary drama. Loved George's family tho. I'd love to read their stories.
Mandie (Naughty Book Snitch)
BUY THE BOOK affiliate link

More like a 2.5 stars. It was good enough but I was underwhelmed by the story. It felt rushed, the characters were ok but not that interesting and I didn't believe the connection between George and Harry. The entire plot/conflict was... uneventful and anticlimactic.

description

I did enjoy all the tupping between Harry and George though. I really feel like that was their only real connection.

"his soaked hair plastered to his cheeks. He emerged and wrung out the front of his sh
*The Angry Reader*
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, historicals
Harry was taciturn without being a dick. George was an independent woman. I enjoyed them both enormously.

It was fun to read a romance where it wasn’t a Duke falling for a commoner. It was great to see Edward again. I can’t wait to start Iddlesleigh tomorrow. The mystery was fun. The supporting characters were interesting and added depth to the story.

While I thought these two acted like nitwits at times (so much back and forth) the vibe of the story was overall wonderful.

I really enjoyed the en
  • She's No Princess (Guilty, #4)
  • The Proposition
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2)
  • Passion (Passion Quartet, #1)
  • Worth Any Price (Bow Street Runners, #3)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Carnal Gift (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #2)
  • Lord Perfect  (Carsington Brothers, #3)
  • Bound by Your Touch
  • One Night Is Never Enough (Secrets, #2)
  • Not Quite a Husband (The Marsdens, #2)
  • Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
  • The Shadow and the Star (Victorian Hearts, #2)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • McAlistair's Fortune  (Providence, #3)
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with three untrained dogs and one long-suffering husband.

Princes (3 books)
  • The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)
“Shhh,” he murmured against her mouth. “Don’t talk. Don’t think. Just feel.” 14 likes
“Be that as it may, a gentleman doesn’t continue to press his
attentions on a lady who can’t return them.”
“Then, as I see it, you have two problems, my lord,” Harry said.
Tony’s eyes narrowed.
“One, that the lady does, in fact, return my attentions, and two”—Harry turned to meet the earl’s
gaze—“I am no gentleman.”
13 likes