Start by marking “Scorched Earth (Henderson's Boys, #7)” as Want to Read:
Scorched Earth (Henderson's Boys, #7)

Scorched Earth

(Henderson's Boys #7)

Summer, 1944.

As Allied soldiers prepare to land in France, Marc and his friends must destroy a battalion of German tanks that could halt the invasion in its tracks.
The tide of war has turned against the Nazis, but desperation has made them more brutal than ever.
Henderson's Boys' final mission will be their most dangerous. With food and weapons in short supply, survival is
Published 2013 (first published December 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Scorched Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scorched Earth

Chris Horsefield
Dec 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was lucky to get a ‘galleys’ copy of this, my company does work for Robert Muchamore.
This is another hit, a great novel, with plenty of action and suspense. Robert Muchamore ads his normal style of humor, may not be good for under 14, some of it is pretty graphic.
Graham
Jun 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I was happy with this book, and I did enjoy it. However, I felt it wasn't as good as some of the previous books in the series, and especially not as great as the original CHERUB novels. I felt that the plot was really slow at points, and while I've always admired Robert Muchamore's realism and down-to-earth-ness, with this book, it got a bit too dry. What I really loved about CHERUB was the interactions with the characters and the relationships between them, but we really didn't get as much of t ...more
Nina
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Rosie??? What??? Why couldn't PT??? Disappear??? jEEZ. I don't like the ending thing and you know. What the heck. But I am randomly proud of myself for finishing the freaking worst series ever... yay. Strangely happy.
Alaba
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the final installment of the Henderson Boys series, Robert Muchamore does not pull his punches. This book is an intense representation of the events of World War Two, told with the usual great skill and expertise that is now expected of Robert. It is emotionally packed, finally addressing issues that readers have found niggling at the back of their minds. It also goes a long way in showing how much our beloved characters have grown and matured over the course of the series.
Of course, the act
Dianna
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's strange finishing this series. It wasn't brilliant, but it was pretty good. I really only finished it cause I wanted to know what happened to everyone in the end.

It was good. Not the best in the series. That was probably The Prisoner or one of those other middle books. But hey. Still entertaining as always.

It's weird, cause I started the CHERUB series when I was like 12, finished them at 17. Obviously started Henderson's Boys much later, but despite no longer being the target age, i still
Mella
It was a struggle to finish this book. My heart just wasn't in it. (view spoiler) So I was too sad to read the rest with any enthusiasm. My questions were answered in the aftermath. The last quarter was fairly action packed but I just didn't care by that point.
Carla
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you read this book, you feel like you are reading a story that really happened. Muchamore explores the historic facts around the fictional storyline, like a pro.
Oliver Leadbitter
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good final book for the cherub/hendersons boys series

Nathan
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
good book
Joelshawgo
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
By: Joel Shawgo I rate Scorched Earth by Robert Muchamore a five out of five for a accurate historical fiction story. It is a thriller and an adventure story about a fictional British organization of WW2 that trains children to become espionage agents and sends them behind enemy lines.
Before and a few months after the D-Day landings in Normandy nineteen forty four to work with the French resistance fighters. After an attack by French Nazi symphasiser on an orphanage an agent named Rosie was kil
Melanie
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I felt that the plot was really slow at points, and while I've always admired Robert Muchamore's realism and down-to-earth-ness, with this book, it got a bit too dry. What I really loved about CHERUB was the interactions with the characters and the relationships between them, but we really didn't get as much of th
Sophia
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Well I finished this series in a bout 5 days (If we dont include me unnecessarily prolonging this book because i didnt want to finish it).
And I realised I forgot just how good Robert Muchamore was ahh I read Cherub I would say 4 years ago? And I never thought I would pick up the prequel because normally I dont like war books but once again that was proven wrong.

AND WOW THE EMOTIONAL HEARTBREAK I GOT IN THIS WAS SEVERE

Ok people keep on getting annoyed that when someone dies in the book the kids
James Hargest Library
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Finally the United Kingdom and its allies are going to reclaim Paris after the start of World War 2. While the final preparations are made, Henderson and his trained agents are preparing to face their final, dangerous mission. Ordered to destroy the strongest Army tanks that the Germens have and to somehow delay the Germens advance. With one Agent killed, another injured will the CHERUB group be able to help reclaim France?
Scorched Earth is a great conclusion to the Henderson’s Boys series. It e
Farseer
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
And it's finally over. I was sad to part ways with these characters. It's been a good number of hours of fun reading together. I liked how at the end the writer included a summary of what happened to the different characters after the war.

All in all, it's been a very fun series to read. I was worried that it wouldn't live up to the original CHERUB series, but it's at the same level. One thing I liked about the original series is that there was a sense of real danger and violence, and that is obv
Jazilah Salam
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Robert Muchamore has done it again. Though I was expecting a more climatic end to such a great series of books, I'll take what I get. It was sad to see an end to The Hendersons Boys and even sadder to see what P.T and some of the other characters life had become after the war. I know it can't all be rainbows and unicorns but I really did want a happy ending for everyone even, dare I say it, Luc. Still, the book had me hooked from the beginning till the end which is why I shall give it 4 stars.
Roxanne
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gooooosh that was so beautiful! One of those last lines brought tears to my eyes! So wonderfully written! Action packed as always, and I'm so glad there was some kind of full circle thing done from the very start of the series to the end! There were a few characters I wanted to know about which weren't there but overall, that extra bit at the end was awesome. I loved every moment of this series and I feel so emotional about finishing it!
Ari_dale_mhs
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book and it was part of a great series. Robert muchamore did a great job with the characters. Although i liked the book I thought the ending was quite anticlimactic as there wasn't any sort of final battle like you'd expect in a 7 part series, especially one about world war 2. I thought that it didn't quite meet the standards he'd set with the earlier books in the series.
Usmaan
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was really good, delivering further on the fast moving action seen in previous books. However, it seemed less thorough than some of the books before. Also, a lot of the deaths in here were really rushed through.
Overall, however, it was brilliant read, albeit somewhat less brilliant than the earlier books in the series.
Aqib Chaudhary
Jul 07, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: hb
Someone help please. I'm new to this app and can't quite figure out how to download this book. It seems to allow me to download any random book just fine but this one I searched and can't seem to figure out how to do it?
Mel
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a good ending to a brilliant series. Although typically I enjoyed the afterwards/epilogue more than the novel itself as I was eager to see how the characters lived after the war had ended.
steph
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: need
the ending was a bit anti-climatic and the book didn't have a distinct story line. Their progress was difficult to track because there was no clear objective. overall not a bad book, and if the ending had been more eventful it would've been better too
Anshul
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
brilliant ending and it was quite sad because rosie died but hats of to robert muchamore
James Clare
Oct 25, 2013 rated it liked it
The epilogue is great as it all seems to fit in nicely with the CHERUB series.
Krystyna
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
this book nicely wrapped up the series and was up to robert muchamore's usual story telling standard. thoroughly enjoyable.
Sam
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was good, but i'm sad it ended they could have also made the ending a bit better for Henderson: but it was the start of CHERUB!!!!!
Eric Turchyn
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Book.

If you liked Cherub and Alex Rider you will love this
Debbie at Snuggling on the Sofa
I'm really sad this series has ended! Lots of action, friendship and betrayl. Robert Muchamore at his finest
Senal J
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was awesome! Suspense, Action, Adventure.... everything!
Iluvsunshine
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Best bk ever!!!!!!!

Can't believe that it's over
Will Coffey
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It is the last book of the series and is unbelievable. I loved it and would recommend it to anyone who has read the cherub series as well.

• Blackout (Jimmy Coates, #7)
  • By Royal Command (Young Bond, #5)
  • Hostage (Alpha Force, #4)
  • Dead in the Water (World War II, #2)
  • Dark Hunter (Villain.Net, #2)
  • Dogfight (Special Operations, #1)
  • First Strike (Rich and Jade, #4)
  • Fugitive (Undercover Girl, #2)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Deadlock (H.I.V.E., #8)
  • Atlantis in Peril
  • The Twice-Lived Summer of Bluebell Jones
  • Rescue Mode
Robert Muchamore was born in Islington, London in 1972. He still lives there, and worked as a private investigator up until 2005 and the critically-accepted release of Maximum Security.

The Hunger Games phenomenon is part of the huge YA / Children's book explosion that has grown, thanks to the British Rat pack of YA authors, Anthony Horowitz, Robert Muchamore, Mark A. Cooper and Charlie Higson. We

Henderson's Boys (7 books)
  • The Escape (Henderson's Boys, #1)
  • Eagle Day (Henderson's Boys, #2)
  • Secret Army (Henderson's Boys, #3)
  • Grey Wolves (Henderson's Boys, #4)
  • The Prisoner (Henderson's Boys, #5)
  • One Shot Kill (Henderson's Boys, #6)