Start by marking “Sugar And Spice And Not So Nice (Mellow Summers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sugar And Spice And Not So Nice (Mellow Summers, #1)

Sugar And Spice And Not So Nice

(Mellow Summers #1)

Mellow Summers just wanted to go to college and get her film degree. She moved into a furnished apartment with her friend Jackie only to find that it already had a tenant: the ghost of a girl who was murdered a year earlier. Now it is up to Mellow to not only discover who the murderer is, but to prove it as well.

With the help of the ghost Rachel, Mellow sets out to solve t
Published January 26th 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Sugar And Spice And Not So Nice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sugar And Spice And Not So Nice

Start your review of Sugar And Spice And Not So Nice (Mellow Summers, #1)
Shirley Revill
A short story that was a fun read.
Ruthann Mccoy
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sugar and Dice and Not So Nice

This is a nice, little cozy. I really liked it, and I really liked the characters, especially the ghost, and Tiny. I hope Rachel has come back in succeeding books. If you like cozies that a fast read, this is it
Abbie
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Mel was an okay character, but I did think she was tupid at times. It was good of her to help Rachel find her killer, as so many people had ignored her plea for help before, but she put herself in danger because of it so many times!
Rachel really annoyed me at the start, but she got a bit better as the story progressed.

This wasn't a bad read, but I'm glad it was only short.

Overall, An alright read.
D
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This would be a good book if you didn't want to invest any time into your reading. The characters have no depth and background story does not exist. The author is telling a story and basically that is all you get.
Melanie
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was a fun story and quick read, but a bit unbelievable at times. Overall, it was okay.

*contains some swearing
Sheri
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sugar And Spice And Not So Nice (Mellow Summers #1) by Janet McNulty

Mellow moved into an apartment with her friend Jackie so she could go back to College to get her degree. They get a great price on the Apartment to find that it is haunted. There lives the ghost Rachel, the previous tenant who was murdered. Mellow and Rachel search to find her killer but it will be up to Mellow to prove who did it and why.

A fast paced original cozy murder mystery with a fun plot. Mellow is likable, kind and dete
Maria Basham
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GIRL POWER!!!

Omgoodnes! I absolutely loved this book! It has ever from ghosts, biker, bars, crooked cops and creepy eyes professors. Everything you need for college, right?!? Lol. I jumped into this story with both feet. A ghostly good time. I really likes how the characters in this book come together as a whole. Strength and trust go a long way, and Mrs. McNulty bright all that and more. A normal girl next door turns sleuth. Sweet, funny, but tough as nails. If you don't love this book, then yo
William
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
in the past year or so, I have dove into cozy mysteries. I am leaving this mostly to explain my rating. the story wasn't bad, and it did grab me, but It was over and done way too quick, and "read my other books" samples counted for about 50% of the Books volume. Yes I should have looked at the number of pages, I do tend to add cozies fast, as they are good fun to read, but, that said, I will be looking for more of Janet's books, careful to check length, this time.
Rebecca
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story no matter your age

Loved the first adventure of Mellow Summers as she began her first year in college. Unlike most who begin college right after high school Mellow is a little older.
There's nothing like finding an apartment near your college that you can afford. The apartment comes furnished, even with its own ghost. Come along on the adventure with Mellow and some interesting friends as she tries to help Rachael, the ghost, find who murdered her.
Valerie
Apr 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ps2019
This book was a complete surprise. First that it was published, second that it is a series (there are more!).

Saying it is awful is putting it lightly. I checked and double-checked to see if this was a teen book. I could not find it listed as that. However, it is the stupidest book I have ever read. That includes books read to the kids at bedtime.

Final analysis, don’t read.
Kimmarie Pozar
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick fun read.

Starts a little predictable, but once you get into the story it becomes a light reading ghost murder mystery. I enjoyed it for a one day read during work when I was supposed to be doing something else. Hah! - Warning however that there is light violence for those with triggers.
joni marley
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Awesome book!!

Love the story line, I laughed and then got sad when Mel encountered the killer, just a great book, am going to download more of the series. I hope the rest is as good as the first book.

Thanks
Christie
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sugar and Spice and Not So Nice is a great short story. I really liked the main characters. I also liked the storyline and that it didn't venture off track. It got right into the action and solved the case. I will definitely read more by this author.
C
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whodunit

This story with Mellow was very good. There was one error in the beginning it correctly identified Murder She Wrote and Incorrectly identified Ghost Whisperer. That made me laugh a bit. I do think the story was played out well.
Shon Chewning
Cute and sassy
I started reading this book, yes very different from my Norm but I needed to get out my head some. I must say that I enjoyed reading this book.The characters where cute and sassy. The storyline was very delightful. Thanks
Angel Graham
just not that great.
Evelyn Grabas
Nothing memorable, but it was a cute, short, whimsical read. Don't think I would read another of her books though.
Michelle
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
It would be difficult to avoid looking into a murder when the ghost of the victim is haunting you. This would be a good vacation read.
Annette Aguilar
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book! I loved the plot, it is full of fun and high jinks! Lots of fun, excitement, ghost and dirty cops. It is a fun book!
Wendy
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mel and buddies...

Short and sweet. Loved this story, especially the ghost Rachel and all the misfits that Mel seems to draw to her in finding out who murdered Rachel.
Sherry McWilliams
I loved the ghost Rachel. Fantastic, and entertaining story.
Lisa Shelton
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written book and I enjoyed the ending. I was surprised by the guilty person.
James Ross
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ghost story

Janet developed a very imaginative and interesting plot with a complex group of characters to make a product that was hard to put down
Darlena D Doak
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rather good

This is a cute little short cozy that can be read in a couple of hours. Like the story line and Mel's interesting group of friends.
Sherry Fundin
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, humor
Mellow was going to film school in Vermont and her friend Jackie, needing a change of pace, went with her. When they found a cheap place to rent, they questioned why it was so cheap. The former tenant had been murdered and some believed her ghost was haunting the place.

The first day of class, Mellow met Greg. After Mellow returned home from school and finished eating the dinner Jackie had fixed, she cleaned up the dishes. When she turned around she met Rachel, the murdered girl's ghost. Before s
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Mellow Summers has just moved to Vermont to go to school and get a degree in filming. Best part: Her best friend Jackie decided to move with her! :D Little do they know that the apartment they just moved into belonged to a murder victim. But said murder victim, Rachel, lets them know what's up right away, lol. So Rachel asks Mel to help her find her killer and she agrees. But no one said it would be easy, because what ensues is a hilarious and equally dangerous adv
Jenn
Sugar and Spice and Not So Nice tells the story of Mellow Summers, who moves to Vermont with her best friend, Jackie, to attend film school. Upon moving into their new apartment they discover that the prior occupant, Rachel, was murdered not too long ago. Mellow meets her neighbor, Greg, at school and finds out the Rachel was a film student as well. The landlord tells the girls that the rent is so cheap because the other tenants have all left in a hurry claiming that the apartment is haunted.

One
Kathy
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Library Thing to read and honestly review. This was a pretty good book. It was short. It was entertaining. I was humorous and sometimes funny. Mel has just begun college, and, while she does believe sort in ghosts, she is surprised when the ghost of the last person to inhabit her apartment arrives on the scene asking Mel for help finding the person who murdered her. This story covers Mel’s task doing that—assisted by Rachel, the ghost, Jackie, her roommate/girlfriend fr ...more
Mandy
I received this book for a honest review from the author Janet McNulty. It's the story of Mellow aka Mel Summers who moves to Vermont with her friend to attend college for a film degree. I gather both girls are on a budget so when Jackie finds a cheap apartment for rent they jump on it. Just happens that the apartment is haunted by the prior tenant Rachel who can't move on till her killer is found and her fiance cleared of her murder. At first Mel is the only one who can see Rachel and it doesn' ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Mellow Summers or Mel to her friends is twenty-six years old attending college in Vermont. Her best friend Jackie has come along as Mel's support system. Mel never believed in ghosts that is until she met Rachel. Rachel was murdered a year ago and she's been trying to get someone to help her solve her murder. Mel reluctantly agrees to help Rachel find her murderer but needs Rachel to tell her what happened that night. Rachel remembers very few details about that night. Mel meets Greg in her vide ...more

• Coffee & Corpse (Connie Cafe Mystery Series #1)
  • Scent of a Killer (Ella Sweeting Aromatherapy #1)
  • Grim and Bear It (Tessa Randolph #1)
  • Risky Relics (Rose Hollow Mysteries Book 1)
  • A Murder Spells Trouble (The Kilorian Sisters: A Witches of Shadow Lake Mystery Book 1)
  • Enter the Witch (Witches of Whisper Grove Book 1)
  • Witch Way To Amethyst (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #0.5)
  • The Case of the Love Spell (Hillcrest Witch Mysteries #0)
  • The Ghostly Grounds: Murder and Breakfast (A Canine Casper Cozy Mystery—Book 1)
  • Murder of a Werewolf (Brimstone Witch Mystery #1)
  • A Deadly Delivery (A Psychic Cafe Mystery, #1)
  • Witches' Brew (Witches and Wine, #1)
  • Miss Spelled (The Kitchen Witch, #1)
  • Ain't Seen Muffin Yet (Lexy Baker, #15)
  • The Perfect Brew (Perfect Brew #1)
  • Death in the Park (Firefly Junction Mystery #1)
  • Christmas Spirit (Prime Time Crime, #1)
  • Is Murder By Candlestick Still A Thing? (Diva Delaney Mysteries Book 1)
Ms. McNulty has published in a variety of genres, not wanting to be tied down to just one thing. She began her writing career with her fantasy series entitled Legends Lost. Since then, she has gone on to publish in the popular dystopian genre with her Dystopia Trilogy and has even published a cozy mystery series entitled Mellow Summers. Her most recent work is her space opera, science fiction adve ...more

Mellow Summers (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Frogs, Snails, And A Lot Of Wails (Mellow Summers, #2)
  • An Apple A Day Keeps Murder Away (Mellow Summers, #3)
  • Three Little Ghosts (The Mellow Summers, #4)
  • Oh Holy Ghost (Mellow Summers, #5)
  • Where Trouble Roams (Mellow Summers, #6)
  • Two Ghosts Haunt A Grove (Mellow Summers, #7)
  • Trick Or Treat, Or Murder? (Mellow Summers, #8)
  • Roses Are Red; He's Dead (Mellow Summers, #9)
  • Double, Double, Nothing But Trouble (Mellow Summers, #10)
  • Ring Around The Rosy, Not Another Ghosty (Mellow Summers, #11)