Start by marking “Типы в языках программирования” as Want to Read:
Типы в языках программирования

Типы в языках программирования

A type system is a syntactic method for automatically checking the absence of certain erroneous behaviors by classifying program phrases according to the kinds of values they compute. The study of type systems--and of programming languages from a type-theoretic perspective—-has important applications in software engineering, language design, high-performance compilers, and ...more
Published September 9th 2011 by Lambda press & Dobrosvet (first published 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about Типы в языках программирования

Start your review of Типы в языках программирования
Zhi Han
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my most unpleasant experience in grad school is when I has absolutely no idea what his peers are talking about. I frequently found myself in that situation during my years at CMU. Type theory is one of the topics. Why didn’t I just ask them? I did. My friend Oliver once gave me the perfect response: “I cannot afford to spend time on educating you.” In a world full of distractions and useless information, time is very valuable resource. If one wants to learn, he has to spend his own time

Leo Horovitz
After spending years on my shelf and having been partially read at least once before, this book was finally finished! (I don't know why I used the passive form there, it just felt right for some reason)

I'm glad I did finally read it, even though there were parts that were glanced through without too much attention to detail and even though I skipped the exercises that are probably needed to get a more thorough understanding of the material. I read it mostly as a way to get a good overview of the
Sam
May 17, 2007 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any programmer interested in writing their own programming language(s)
Perhaps the best book of its kind for the beginning/intermediate programmer interested in PLT (programming language theory). The book covers the simple untyped lambda calculus and builds on that foundation to many typed lambda calculi. Implementation chapters show the reader how to put the information to good use, providing executable code in the O'Caml language.

As a non-mathematician, programming hobbyist without formal experience or training, I've found this book particularly helpful in
Steve
Aug 29, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the structure: starting simple, explaining things clearly, and building slowly.

Don't attempt to read this book without at least a basic knowledge of doing proofs in math and higher-order logic. This should cover you: Language, Proof and Logic: Text and CD

As you work on implementing your own type systems, you'll find the detailed metatheory chapters worth revisiting.
Sandy Vanderbleek
It's awesome. Personally sub-typing and implementing Java wasn't interesting to me but everything else was.
Michel Beloshitsky
Very good introduction into theory of types. Useful if your dealing with modern software development tools, like Kotlin, Facebook's Flow, Haskell, Typescript.
Damir
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eric Walkingshaw
Aug 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science
An invaluable reference for programming language theory. Especially useful for those interested in functional languages, which seem to be poorly covered elsewhere. This book works in the opposite direction as most, assuming a functional approach and eventually deriving imperative constructs, rather than the other way around. I like this much better, but it may be tough if you lack the functional background.

One thing I've noticed is that people seem to get hung up over the notation and liberal
Mark
Excellent. A small note: if (like me) you get bogged down in the proofs, Pierce's Software Foundations may be a better introduction to ideas such as type preservation, progress properties, and induction over terms and type derivations. I wish I'd read that work first.
Juliusz Gonera
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very clear & accessible intro to programming language theory. Lots of late-night fun to be had here.

Make sure you check out the OCaml code that accompanies it. It provides just enough motivation & examples to keep going through the theory in the actual text.
Scott Wisniewski
Awesome book, particularly if you like programming languages.

Also, the proof exercises are good at training your brain for combinatorial reasoning. It helps to makes reasoning about programing languages intuitive.

I loved this book.
Andrew
Mar 05, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A classic in Type Theory, it gives you background in something modern programmers are woefully and shamefully ignorant in.
Jyri-Matti Lähteenmäki
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dev
I doubt that I would have gotten total understanding even if I hade made the exercises, but still, I got a lot of understanding about type systems and the kind of things there are to consider.
Scott
Aug 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: computer scientists
An absolute necessity for anyone wanting to learn the theoretical underpinnings of programming languages.
Sonny Ny
Dec 11, 2008 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Brian Goetz's favorite CS book - http://www.briangoetz.com/blog/?p=58
Graydon
A canonical tome. If you're writing a type system, read this.
Simeon Mathaba

• Introduction to Algorithms
  • Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools
  • Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
  • Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment
  • The Practice of Programming (Addison-Wesley Professional Computing Series)
  • Modern C++ Design: Generic Programming and Design Patterns Applied
  • Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
  • Programming Python
  • Programming Pearls
  • Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (MIT Electrical Engineering and Computer Science)
  • The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
  • Effective C++: 55 Specific Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs
  • Learn Python The Hard Way
  • Python Cookbook

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »