Start by marking “Jay: Ninja of Lightning (Ninjago Chapter Books, #4)” as Want to Read:
Jay: Ninja of Lightning (Ninjago Chapter Books, #4)

Jay: Ninja of Lightning

(Ninjago Chapter Books #4)

Masters of Spinjitzu: a new force to save the world!

The next book in the Lego Ninjago Chapter Book series!

Jay is much like the element he represents: fast and full of energy. Always good in a fight, always up for a laugh, and always, always inventing. Even if those inventions don't always turn out the way he wants!
Published January 1st 2012 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Jay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jay

Start your review of Jay: Ninja of Lightning (Ninjago Chapter Books, #4)
Justin
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD HEHE
Owen
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Max
Shelves: 7-years-old
It's about bones. They sneak attack on the village and were hiding in trees. It's about Jay and they find a bullet that shot through the house. Their friend was really a bad guy too.
Rebecca Heywood
Mar 15, 2012 rated it liked it
read this one with my son. He loved it. I felt it was choppy and weird. Maybe I just needed to know the lego ninja background first.
Sarah Hall
Book 4 of 11
c haden-homer
May 01, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: ninjago-episodes
Jay is my favorite ninja but sadly Lloyd is gonna be the green ninja
Joan Kleinmann
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
My son loved this story. We read it together and it was definitely cute.
We read it in 2 nights and it was an enjoyable read.
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Another fabulous read for fans of the hit lego series, Ninjago. We loved getting to learn more about Jay and enjoyed reading about some his and the team's adventures. Like the other three books in this series, the story starts off with an entry about his Ninja from Sensei Wu's journal and than leads right into the first of the two stories featured in this book.

The first book is a short read called Dragon's Roar which is taken from one of the episodes that's aired on TV where the young ninja's m
Scott
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
When reading a kids' book about ninja (even ninja of the Lego variety), one expects there to be a lot of action and intrigue. This one focuses more on intrigue, as the plot centers on a mystery rather than on combat. I wanted to like the mystery element, and the emphasis on problem-solving and critical thinking, but it could have been handled better. The characters were not terribly compelling, the stakes weren't high enough, the clues were a little impenetrable given the target audience, and th ...more
Callie Stillion
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think this book was pretty good, because this is the first Ninjago book I have read, but personally, I know I have a lot of friends that really enjoyed them.
When I read the first page, I thought, 'This is pretty good. I`m going to like this book!'. And I really, really did. It`s amazing what you think, and then it comes true!
Jay and Kai are out in town buying supplies, then suddenly, the supply store collapses. All clues lead to it being them. But it isn`t!
I`ll leave the ending for you to find
Jenn
Jun 17, 2012 rated it liked it
I read this book with my two boys. Jay and Kai arrive in a town to purchase supplies. They fight with the vendor and that night his store is attacked and he is killed. Jay and Kai are accused of killing him because the poles were knocked down by a kick from a ninja. It was really cute and the boys love the ninjas.
Andrew G Jones
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love new stories about jay

I am a HUGE fan of jay and I'm 14
Defiantly recommended best ninjago book ever read about jay must buy
Michael
It was funny i guess :|
Stephanie
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Sawyer liked it. Me, not so much.
Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Asher (7yo) read.
Kelly Paradise
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Kinda boring compared to the others I've read so far, and it feels like Jay doesn't get as much character development either.
Ian
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Ninjago book so far!
Whitney English
Apr 27, 2012
Elia
May 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Green Ninja (LEGO Ninjago Reader #7)
  • Techno Strike! (LEGO Ninjago Reader #9)
  • Pirates Vs. Ninja (LEGO Ninjago Reader #6)
  • Attack of the Nindroids (LEGO Ninjago Reader #8)
  • Way of the Ninja (LEGO Ninjago Reader #1)
  • Masters of Spinjitzu (LEGO Ninjago Reader, #2)
  • LEGO Ninjago: Ninja vs Ninja (Reader #12)
  • LEGO Ninjago: The Search for Zane (Chapter Book #7)
  • Snake Attack! (LEGO Ninjago Chapter Book #5)
  • A Ninja's Path (LEGO Ninjago Reader, #5)
  • The Golden Weapons (LEGO Ninjago Reader #3)
  • World of Ninjago (LEGO Ninjago: Official Guide)
  • Rise of the Snakes (LEGO Ninjago Reader #4)
  • LEGO Ninjago: Chapter Book #6
  • The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers (Super Diaper Baby, #2)
  • LEGO Ninjago: Character Encyclopedia
  • Python's Revenge (LEGO Ninjago #11)
  • Lego Ninjago: Ninja in Action (DK Readers L1)
Greg Farshtey is the author of the popular BIONICLE chapter books and Level 3 readers, as well as the long-running BIONICLE comic book series. His day job is Editor-in-Chief and head writer for the LEGO Club Magazine and the LEGO BrickMaster Magazine.

Greg has been writing since fourth grade. After earning a degree in Communications from the State University of New York at Geneseo, he worked as a r

Ninjago Chapter Books (4 books)
  • Kai, Ninja of Fire (Ninjago Chapter Books, #1)
  • Zane, Ninja of Ice (Ninjago Chapter Books, #2)
  • Cole, Ninja of Earth (Ninjago Chapter Books, #3)