Start by marking “Jay: Ninja of Lightning (Ninjago Chapter Books, #4)” as Want to Read:
Jay: Ninja of Lightning (Ninjago Chapter Books, #4)

Jay: Ninja of Lightning

(Ninjago Chapter Books #4)

Masters of Spinjitzu: a new force to save the world!

The next book in the Lego Ninjago Chapter Book series!

Jay is much like the element he represents: fast and full of energy. Always good in a fight, always up for a laugh, and always, always inventing. Even if those inventions don't always turn out the way he wants!
Published January 1st 2012 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Jay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jay

Owen
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Max
Shelves: 7-years-old
It's about bones. They sneak attack on the village and were hiding in trees. It's about Jay and they find a bullet that shot through the house. Their friend was really a bad guy too.
Justin
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD HEHE
Rebecca Heywood
Mar 15, 2012 rated it liked it
read this one with my son. He loved it. I felt it was choppy and weird. Maybe I just needed to know the lego ninja background first.
Joan Kleinmann
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
My son loved this story. We read it together and it was definitely cute.
We read it in 2 nights and it was an enjoyable read.
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Another fabulous read for fans of the hit lego series, Ninjago. We loved getting to learn more about Jay and enjoyed reading about some his and the team's adventures. Like the other three books in this series, the story starts off with an entry about his Ninja from Sensei Wu's journal and than leads right into the first of the two stories featured in this book.

The first book is a short read called Dragon's Roar which is taken from one of the episodes that's aired on TV where the young ninja's m
Scott
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
When reading a kids' book about ninja (even ninja of the Lego variety), one expects there to be a lot of action and intrigue. This one focuses more on intrigue, as the plot centers on a mystery rather than on combat. I wanted to like the mystery element, and the emphasis on problem-solving and critical thinking, but it could have been handled better. The characters were not terribly compelling, the stakes weren't high enough, the clues were a little impenetrable given the target audience, and th ...more
Callie Stillion
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think this book was pretty good, because this is the first Ninjago book I have read, but personally, I know I have a lot of friends that really enjoyed them.
When I read the first page, I thought, 'This is pretty good. I`m going to like this book!'. And I really, really did. It`s amazing what you think, and then it comes true!
Jay and Kai are out in town buying supplies, then suddenly, the supply store collapses. All clues lead to it being them. But it isn`t!
I`ll leave the ending for you to find
Jenn
Jun 17, 2012 rated it liked it
I read this book with my two boys. Jay and Kai arrive in a town to purchase supplies. They fight with the vendor and that night his store is attacked and he is killed. Jay and Kai are accused of killing him because the poles were knocked down by a kick from a ninja. It was really cute and the boys love the ninjas.
Andrew G Jones
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love new stories about jay

I am a HUGE fan of jay and I'm 14
Defiantly recommended best ninjago book ever read about jay must buy
Michael
It was funny i guess :|
Stephanie
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Sawyer liked it. Me, not so much.
Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Asher (7yo) read.
Kelly Paradise
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Kinda boring compared to the others I've read so far, and it feels like Jay doesn't get as much character development either.
Ian
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Ninjago book so far!
Whitney English
Jul 14, 2012
Joshua Jordan
Jun 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Snake Attack! (LEGO Ninjago Chapter Book #5)
  • Summer Vacation from the Black Lagoon
  • The Lewis & Clark Expedition
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs
  • The Curse of the Bologna Sandwich (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #1)
  • The Littles Go to School
  • Arachnid The Spider King (Beast Quest, #11)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coins (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)
  • Star Wars: R2-D2 and Friends
  • The Australian Boomerang Bonanza (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #8)
  • جسمك كيف يعمل: رحلة داخل جسم الإنسان
  • Glasswings: A Butterfly's Story
  • The Magic School Bus Out Of This World: A Book About Space Rocks
  • The Thirteen Ghosts
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Voodoo Vultures from Venus (Ricky Ricotta, #3)
  • LEGO Ninjago: Character Encyclopedia
Greg Farshtey is the author of the popular BIONICLE chapter books and Level 3 readers, as well as the long-running BIONICLE comic book series. His day job is Editor-in-Chief and head writer for the LEGO Club Magazine and the LEGO BrickMaster Magazine.

Greg has been writing since fourth grade. After earning a degree in Communications from the State University of New York at Geneseo, he worked as a r

Ninjago Chapter Books (4 books)
  • Kai, Ninja of Fire (Ninjago Chapter Books, #1)
  • Zane, Ninja of Ice (Ninjago Chapter Books, #2)
  • Cole, Ninja of Earth (Ninjago Chapter Books, #3)
“Hey, dragon!" Jay said loudly. The dragon opened one eye. "How can you tell if you have a dragon in your bathroom? The door won't close! How long was the dragons vacation? Four days and three knights! How about this one? Three ninja and a dragon walk into a dojo, and--"

The Lightning Dragon swiped it's massive tail, knocking Jay off his feet.

"That's the worst thing about dragons," muttered Jay, standing back up. "They don't know good jokes when they hear them.”
9 likes