Start by marking “Seven Simple Secrets: What the Best Teachers Know and Do” as Want to Read:
Seven Simple Secrets: What the Best Teachers Know and Do

Seven Simple Secrets: What the Best Teachers Know and Do

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  63 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Implementing these secrets will change your life both in and out of the classroom. But most importantly, implementing these secrets will enhance the lives of every student you teach.
Published February 21st 2006 by Eye on Education

To ask other readers questions about Seven Simple Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Simple Secrets

Lynn
May 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
While there are good things in the book, I wanted more specifics. I would read through a chapter and get to the end and be constantly thinking "OK, good ideas, now how do I do that?" And the little "poems" started to irritate me.
Noelle
Sep 30, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: professional
Sarcastic in a BAD way. The book says "We don't want to insult your intelligence" several times... Oops - you did.
Tiffany Cooke
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teacher-books, 2012
I just read an awesome book for teachers called Seven Simple Secrets by Annette Breaux and Todd Whitaker. This book has seven simple secrets to help you in your classroom. A chapter is devoted to each of the seven secrets. The authors give examples from classrooms and then give specific ways to implement that secret in your classroom. The secrets include: planning, classroom management, instruction, attitude, professionalism, discipline, and motivation/inspiration.
This book has a lot of great
Sheila Hill
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!! Great for first year teachers, as well as seasoned teachers. It is a very easy read, with common sense, practical strategies to implement in your classroom. I loved the scenarios in the book because you can immediately relate to them. I highly recommend this book!! Thinking about reading What Great Teachers Do Differently next.
Tracy Hackney
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for teachers whether you've been teaching for years or are beginning your first year. It is short and to the point. The authors present the common factors found in effective teachers versus ineffective teachers. Very inspiring!
Meagan
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
All my teacher friends: This was the textbook for my practicum class this semester, but I actually really liked it. It wasn't really set up like a textbook, and it had a lot of good advice and made lots of good points to consider and reconsider in your teaching. :)
Shawn Liner
Apr 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Great read! Especially for two specific categories of teachers. 1. New Teachers Great to help you miss the sinkholes that break the legs of so many young workhorses. 2. Tired teachers. Remind yourself of what you "should" know. I recommend it!
Barb Keltner
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great tips, great examples and analogies! And fun to read!
Joel Mitchell
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great concepts. This is a book which should be re-read multiple times during the lifespan of a career.
Michelle
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great reminders for me of what an efficient teacher should always do.
Samia