Start by marking “Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing” as Want to Read:
Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing

Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing

Practical techniques for applying neuroscience and behavior research to attract new customers Brainfluence explains how to practically apply neuroscience and behavior research to better market to consumers by understanding their decision patterns. This application, called neuromarketing, studies the way the brain responds to various cognitive and sensory marketing stimuli. ...more
Published November 22nd 2011 by Wiley (first published October 19th 2011)

Start your review of Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
A fascinating glimpse into the marketing sneakiness. If even 20% of this stuff is real, the mind is truly dark.

Q:
Bundling minimizes pain. (c)
Q:
...for many consumers, the credit card takes the pain (quite literally, from the standpoint of the customer’s brain) out of purchasing. Pulling cash out of one’s wallet causes one to evaluate the purchase more carefully. (c)
Q:
Even a simple currency symbol in front of a price can make a difference. (с)
Q:
Here’s a scenario: You decide to venture into a
Ken
Feb 06, 2012 rated it liked it
I'll try to keep this short and as robust as possible.

If you're new to Neuromarketing and it's concepts then you will find this book very helpful. very helpful indeed. As you make your way through the pages this book you get the strong sense that roger is a very well read man in this field, that he definitely knows a great deal about this stuff. so you feel confident to trust his intelligence on this matter. As you begin to read this you will find that you have many "wow, i didn't know that"
Stephen
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The style of this book is basically identical to "Yes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive" by Goldstein and Cialdini.

He gives the bottom line of a particular research study, then demonstrates how marketers can use that research to make their offers more persuasive.

As a data-driven marketer, I find this style to be very practical, useful, and immediately actionable.
Vitor Chuairi
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Easy reading, lots of examples and takeaways that are usable and make you think. Very cool read even if you don't work in marketing.
Jones Patrick
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
The essential thought of this book is Neuromarketing yet the writer call it has "More intelligent Marketing". Proof from more than 150 exploration studies, clarifying in a reasonable, down to earth and brief way how each of these outcomes were picked up by seeing how the customers brain functions and the way it can be exploited keeping in mind the end goal to raise deals and create associations by having better advertisements, better Products and fulfilled clients.

Things I favored from this
Darya
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a nice summary of many experiments and this is what the author states. Your will get a good intro in the world of marketing and buying decisions.
Alen
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Re-read. Nice and concise, full of practical insights.
Patricio Ramal
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
A practical compilation of tools, tips and things you can do to improve the way you market to people. Brief and to the point.
Rodrigo Sahd
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Practical and didatical as a reciep of cake, Perfect book, worth every page.
Ioniță Bogdan-Ștefan
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An easy-to-comprehend book, filled with a lot of useful information. Would recommend it to anyone working in the marketing industry or young future entrepreneurs. Worth the money!
Budd Margolis
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Critical book for sales and retailers, marketers & advertisers and just about anyone who has an interest in human behaviour.
Stefania
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable and insightful book!
Saya Ayapova
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good and simple explanation of marketing strategies with the use of psycho logy
Kelly Reid
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read This Book - Predictably Irrational, Dan Ariely
The Branded Mind, Eric du Pleiss
Free, Chris Anderson
Blink, Malcom Gladwell

Bundling minimizes pain - buyer cannot directly correlate an individual expense to product. this works amazingly well in MTG trading. I get better trades when I give a "rough estimate" on a group of cards.

Sushi - "Every bite I take seems to have a price tag on it".

Why do people love to pre-pay for things? It mutes the pain of repeated use ( even if repeated use would
Rob Thompson
About the book: Brainfluence explores the unconscious thoughts and motivations that influence our decision-making process, and offers tips and tricks on how savvy marketers can exploit them. By understanding the mechanisms that cause us to buy (or not buy), you can increase your sales while keeping your customers happier.

About the author: Richard Dooley is an entrepreneur and marketer, and founder of the marketing consultancy Dooley Direct LLC. He is also the author of the blog Neuromarketing.

Yoric
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Anything about us is interesting. Our brain for example.
Who do we think, how do we choose?
Understanding our brain makes a better use of it.
This book provides a better understanding of our brain applied to marketing, that means to make better ads, and to sell products better.
We may not be interested in marketing, but that's still interesting.

When I was a kid, I was told we are manipulated by ads. Of course, I didn't want to get manipulated myself, so everytime I saw an ad, in the street or on TV,
Annie Constantinescu
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
If behavioural economics and advertising had a love child, it would be neurological marketing strategy (aka this book).

A few years ago I read Buy•ology by Martin Lindstrom and as someone who works in advertising, I remember being fascinated by how much of an influence people's inner psychology has on purchasing decisions. (I know, I know, duh). Whereas Buy•ology did a deep dive on a few prominent neurological studies within the marketing field (two of the most notable being the Coke vs Pepsi
Saman
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brilliant book!
I finished this book in 6-hours. This book has greatly combined Marketing and Science together and got some real value to deliver to the reader. Every business person or marketing guy will learn something new yet valuable lesson in every chapter of this book.
The one thing that made this book so good while a little weak is the length of every chapter. Every chapter is like a conclusion, so you might miss some details, but it's not a big deal, you still get a huge impact from this
Barnabas
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, business
Solid book on Neuromarketing - the science how our brains treat and associate various selling and marketing techniques.
I loved this book because it is very practical - if you are in Sales or Marketing I am sure you will find useful tips how to do things better.
The book is very easy to read, the chapters are short, but there are references to follow up (usually other books and articles that explain that particular tip).
I was happy to recognize some methods and realized why they worked even on me
Ahmed Al sanhani
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Our purchase decisions are more than rational and intellectual decisions. There are hiden factors that greatly contributed to the purchase decisions; factors that most of us, buyers, are not aware of. Hence, making the purchase decisions more complicated than we think. These factors evovle around the affecting the subconscious.

In this book, there are ways that can be used to affect the buyers' decisions making them more likely buy from you.These ways can be very valuable to a businessman who
Offbeat Poet
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a marketing professional, I’ve always been in pursuit of a good read to teach me something new about my craft. This is it. Most marketing books regurgitate the same marketing tips and never expand or elaborate on why the actually work. This book dives into more of the psychology of tactics and vividly depicts examples of how and why they illicit certain behaviors and feelings. A great read for the business profession and anyone interested in learning more about how we respond to visual and ...more
Francis
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book. Each chapter is short, concise, without waste, there are no unnecessary words. In each chapter, the author simply goes straight to the point in a very clear and easy way, saying what should be said. And what makes this book excellent is that each chapter has many (serious) references to what it says, yes, we all know that the subject of the book is not an exact science, but in reality it has a great research work behind it. Nothing has been invented. I recommend it ...more
Monica
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
neuroscience in marketing? It has to come from psychology. otherwise, marketing to me is empty. marketing without digging deep into the reasons why we do what we do is just numbers, statistics, empty and cold. add a couple of layers of psychology, neuroscience, social psychology and we may actually get a glimpse at what makes us human, and what truly motivates us, and why we make the buying decisions we make.
Stacy
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can't say I found something entirely eye-opening for myself, thoug it has provoked some ideas. It is rahther a well summarised overview of the most popular tools and strategies that help marketing nowadays. And definetely a good choice for prople who's occupation is very far from this area of business, but they are curious about trends. I suppose the book is soon to get very outdated as many of such due to a very fast development of maketing and trade.
Vante Smith-Johnson
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s was a book full of short lessons that could help you in several in convincing people. But I don’t recommend this for a person who likes to enjoy a book over a sitting. It was tough because it consisted of 100 examples and tips. Some more thorough than others. However, used as a book to keep on your shelf and provide ideas, it would be great.
Rakshitkumar Mahale
It's a collection of different strategies you can employ in marketing to boost your sales. Concepts are not deep, and depends on several research conducted by other people. Usually, I like to read books that deals with handful of concepts but includes in-depth explanation. Nonetheless, for newbies in neuromarketing this book does the job.
Nik
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book. If you're in the marketing industry or in psychology, this read will give you fantastic insight into what really makes your customers tick. It's not just what kind of product looks the shiniest, but how that shine speaks to the human brain.
Brooke Grimes
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This book may be helpful for those who know nothing about marketing. However, if you have experience this book is obvious and not very helpful. I picked up 1 or 2 small points but it wasn’t worth reading the whole book.
Erin
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short chapters on single ideas -- a lexicon bringing together others' research and ideas into one easy-to-read spot. A great resource to remind and reveal neuromarketing tips. A must-have for beginners, a good reminder for entrepreneurs. Worth the read.
Krunal Rindani
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love books that provide conclusions of research. The book is a bit general so i feel some more specialized or in-depth info could've helped, but hey, I'm not complaining. It's a good read if you like research but can't read hundreds of research papers and reports.

• Buyology: Truth and Lies About Why We Buy and the New Science of Desire
  • Brandwashed
  • Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
  • Contagious: Why Things Catch On
  • Neuromarketing: Understanding the Buy Buttons in Your Customer's Brain
  • Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade
  • The Branded Mind: What Neuroscience Really Tells Us about the Puzzle of the Brain and the Brand
  • Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping
  • Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
  • Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking
  • The Buying Brain: Secrets for Selling to the Subconscious Mind
  • Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
  • Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind: How to Be Seen and Heard in the Overcrowded Marketplace
  • Decoded: The Science Behind Why We Buy
  • Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • What Makes Your Brain Happy and Why You Should Do the Opposite
  • The Person and the Situation: Perspectives of Social Psychology
“What people really want is the ability to connect to each other, not to companies.” 3 likes
“Brainfluence” 1 likes