Start by marking “NLP: New Technology: The New Technology” as Want to Read:
NLP: New Technology: The New Technology

NLP: New Technology: The New Technology

NLP has already helped millions of people overcome fears, increase confidence, enrich relationships, and achieve greater sucess. Now the NLP Comprehensive Training Team has written a book that reveals how to use this breakthrough technology to achieve whatever you want.

Short for neuro-linguistic programming, NLP is a revolutionary approach to human communication and

Published (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about NLP, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of NLP: New Technology: The New Technology
Kim
Feb 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am an NLP Practioner and I was a practicing Life Coach a few years ago. This was the book I used for my training. It's awesome!
Otter57
Oct 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book after seeing some videos online by Steve Andreas and being very impressed by his sincerity. The same sincerity comes through in NLP: The New Technology of Achievement. The other members of the writing team include Charles Faulkner and Suzi Smith, and along with several others they comprised the NLP Comprehensive Training Team based in Colarado in the United States.

The book covers all of the basics of NLP including submodalities, rapport, mission, values, and perceptual
Kirk
Aug 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's all about the Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Bitches!
Stephanie
Jan 09, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bfw-reading
There is definitely some valuable content in here, if you can wade through the poor writing, the constant self-promotion, and the cheesy self-help styling.
Gerald
Nov 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have studied NLP at what I guess you'd say is an intermediate level, first with Landmark Education and then with Christopher Howard. However in the courses I've done, there hasn't been a lot of theory. There's not actually a lot of acknowledgment among the new-thought, self-help gurus that their teachings are rooted in NLP principles and a school of psychology that seems to have come out of Santa Cruz. Formation of this body of knowledge involved, but did not begin with, Milton Erickson and ...more
Svetlio Blyahoff
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book full of practical advices and techniques of achieving a better self. Definitely would recommend it to anyone who needs a minor or major change in his/her life. Definitely an appreciating and approving thumbs up for that book.
Christina
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I learned about NLP via Anthony Robbins' book "Awaken the Giant Within." I appreciated his strategies for success, not just the hype of positive affirmations. This is my first in-depth book about NLP, and unfortunately, I had to read this one as an audio CD, not my preference.
Sergio
Good into book for NLP, gets a little boring with all the workshops and practices, but over all I thought the book was very useful. Just not in the way that I had imagined it would be.
Ali Pasha
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This definitely took me a while to complete. It was my second attempt and I'm glad that I managed to get through the book. It's one of the few books that I need to re-read again to fully benefit from everything that was preached.

The little I've learned has been extremely beneficial. It's helped me re-frame conversations (esp. with my fiance) and when I find myself in conflict I'm definitely going to re-frame how I think using the techniques advised.

I highly recommend reading this book --
Ken Lenoir
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really exceptional book.

My main takeaway is from one of the "nlp presuppositions/beliefs- "behind every behavior there is a positive intention."

The application is whenever you have a negative thought, hear a negative voice in your head, have a negative feeling, whatever, stop and ask, "what's the positive intention of this?" And search for it and find it.

Once you've found it, ask and answer, "what are some other ways I can get this intention?"

This has been supremely helpful in gaining
Mckinley
Neuro-linguistic programming - cognitive change can be fast and impactfull. Change how you think about thinking. Lots of exercises to go along with theory.
"Map is not territory"
"Experience has structure"
"If 1 person can do, anyone can learn to do it"
"Mind and body are parts of the same system"
"People have all the resources they need"
"You can not not communicate"
"Meaning of your communication is the response you get"
"Positive intent behind every behavior"
"People always make best choices
Justin
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nlp
Best NLP book I've found. Has plenty of visualization exercises
Tan Jun Jie
Recommendable for people who seek lots of mental exercises to improve on the habits of their subconscious mind and consequently alter their lives.
Neil Kokemuller
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book is somewhat technical, but if you have a good grasp on the impact of subconscious motivation and habit-based behavior, it is hugely valuable. This is a starter book for understanding and applying NLP. Even if you don't grasp the full scope of the book, there are several simply activities in the book you can complete that help in dealing with simple or common negative thoughts, attitudes or behaviors.
Mrs Froggy
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book on NLP and I really liked it. It's written in a very simple style but it goes to the core and covers all the basic of NLP.

To me, this book is a great starting point if you want to reprogram your mind along with your life and your goals. The exercises can really change your way to see your future or your present condition, simply like that. Mind is our most powerful tool and we should learn to use it.
Bruce Turnier
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I'd felt like there was more to be desired there was an incredible effect on my psyche through ingesting the information provided in this text. The personal development possible with the techniques presented is beyond excellent. I've only refrained from a higher rating because I feel it necessary to leave room for newer work to improve my understanding.
Jo Casey
I love NLP & the work of the authors in the field. I just find NLP books very dry & this is no exception I'm afraid. It's like trying to learn to swim by reading a book-you really need to get into the pool.
Mares
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some nice tips worth to follow.
Levi
Dec 07, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
just started it but so far pretty interesting...
Sergiusz Golec
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, with lots of useful and practical "How To".
Bad thing - I feel like I'll need to re-read it, at least few more times.
Jessie
I read this book when I was competing in sports and it changed my life.
Rick
Very thought provoking, very insightful... one of the best self-help, self improvement books available... highly recommended.
Steve Green
Good book with some very useful stuff. Download more nlp ebooks at www.library70.blogspot.com/
Praveenchandra Gr
IT HELPS overcome fears, increase confidence, enrich relationships, and achieve greater sucess.
Kawa Svaha
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 14
Quite amazing. But practice takes time.
Jonathan Li
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heard plenty about NLP from other sources, and this is not a detailed step by step guide. However, the inputs from different authors/practitioners gave the subject matter good coverage, and definitely a good book to learn about NLP.
Akshey Sharma
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some useful information,little absurd. But overall it was good to understand the processes that you follow in your daily life.

Exact rating 3.5, but though i cannot mark half, so marking it 4.
Mae
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant. Life-changing if you do the work in the exercises.
Karlen
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Self help book, concept just grips a hold on why we do the things we do
Riccardo
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nlp
my favourite NLP book
lap trinh NLP 1 2 Apr 07, 2017 03:50AM

• How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds or Less
  • Introducing Neuro-Linguistic Programming: Psychological Skills for Understanding and Influencing People
  • Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
  • Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
  • Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Achievement
  • The Personality Code
  • The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness
  • Time Management from the Inside Out: The Foolproof System for Taking Control of Your Schedule--and Your Life
  • Words That Change Minds: The 14 Patterns for Mastering the Language of Influence
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future
  • What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful
  • Influencer : The Power to Change Anything
  • First Things First
  • Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
  • The Ultimate Introduction to NLP
  • The Power of Positive Thinking
  • How to Sell Anything to Anybody

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
“EXERCISE 10: DEVELOPING A GRAND VISION You may want to do this exercise alone, out in a natural setting somewhere. 1. See Your Interests, Values, and Abilities. The next step is to discover how your interests and your deep values connect into and form your mission. It can be accomplished by seeing a grand, whole, meaningful image of what purpose you could dedicate your life to. This will be formed from your interests, values, and present goals. Begin to play with the images that you see, which represent some kind of direction that you want to take. As you get a sense of what your mission can be, see various snapshots of yourself doing what you love to do, snapshots of your abilities. 2. Focus on Heroes and Heroines. Take a look at what your favorite heroes or heroines do. See yourself doing things that give you the same feeling you get when you think of them. See snapshots of the person you want to become. Any images you don’t like can fade away. 3. Direct a Movie of Yourself. See yourself the way you want to be—doing the things you love to do. Whatever you choose to put on the screen, you’re the Spielberg, you’re the director. See the images that you feel passionate about. You can play with the images in front of you. Pretend that you’re in the middle of an inner, three-dimensional movie theater. It’s a place where you can see and hear and feel with great fidelity. Notice how much you can see, letting the wisdom from within guide the visual display that you see in front of you. Visualize it, feel it, enjoy it. The images are often up close and in full, rich color. See yourself living out a scenario that gives you tingles in your spine. You can zoom in on that glorious, fun-filled, exciting future that you see. It allows you to do what you love to do and accomplish what you believe in. 4. Recall Your Deep Values. List your deep values as you watch your mission scenario. Notice how your values and your images can fit together with a remarkable consistency. 5. Ask for Help from Your Inner Wisdom. Ask for your inner wisdom, the higher powers, or God to guide your grand vision. This vision is going to be more of a discovery than a creation. Let it come to you. Ask and it will come. Take the time to see and hear those aspects of life that unify into a whole that you feel a powerful passion for. See some more images. See some time going by. See various bright, radiant, up-close, colorful images of what it is that you could create in your life. They can begin going in a certain direction, coalescing and representing many of your current goals, some of the things that you want. See them develop into a kind of grand visionary collection of images that represents your purpose and your mission. 6. Do What It Takes. Take whatever time you need—five minutes, an hour, a whole afternoon. This is your life, your future that you are creating. When you finish, write it down. Your images are so attractive, you have some glimpses of what your mission is. Now you can develop it more fully. Ask the visionary in you to give you the gift of this grand vision. Now that you can see your grand vision of what you want to contribute to, you can make that vision into a cause to work for—a specific direction to channel your efforts to.” 1 likes
“Not all dreamers achieve, but all achievers are dreamers.” 0 likes