Start by marking “Considering Kate (The Stanislaskis, #6)” as Want to Read:
Considering Kate (The Stanislaskis, #6)

Considering Kate

(The Stanislaskis #6)

She'd turned her back on glamour and fame and Kate Stanislaski Kimball had come home to begin a new life. The only thing more perfect than the beautiful--dilapidated--building she'd bought for her new dance school was Brody O'Connell, the frustrating, surprisingly fascinating contractor she'd hired for the renovation.

A man didn't often come across a woman as gorgeous,
Published February 1st 2001 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about Considering Kate, please sign up.
Aurora Enriquez Nora Roberts has a few series with family plots that come to mind, O'Hurleys (not my favorite but worth a read), MacKade brothers (steamy,…moreNora Roberts has a few series with family plots that come to mind, O'Hurleys (not my favorite but worth a read), MacKade brothers (steamy, heartrending, and who doesn't love dark-haired green-eyed wild men), and the MacGregor series are all worthwhile. If you like fantasy check out the Sisters Islands trilogy, those are more about sisterhood than family, but I absolutely adore them. (less)

Start your review of Considering Kate (The Stanislaskis, #6)
jenjn79
Apr 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series / favorite author
This is one of those "awww" type books - more sappy romance than anything else. I wouldn't want to read that type of story all the time, but it's nice once in a while. And I especially enjoyed it in this case because the book is a continuation of a series that I really enjoy.

One of my favorite parts of this book is the parallel that is created between the romance of Kate and Brody, and romance of Kate's mother and father, Natasha and Spence (Taming Natasha, Stanislaskis #1). The romances start
Tammie
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hated to see this wonderful series come to an end. I loved the entire series so much. Sweet, well written romance novel. I LOVE Nora Roberts books. She is one of the best writers I've experienced reading. I enjoy her writing style, and this book was so enjoyable from start to finish. Made me warm and fuzzy all over. The characters in all the Stanislaski books were so unique and made you want to be part of their family! I look forward to reading more of Nora Roberts because each one just keeps ...more
Eva
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
one of those books you buy at the airport and leave in the plane, but not too bad.
Kate Millin
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am sad to see the last of the Stanislaski's ride into the sunset. Kate is the youngest daughter of Spence and Natasha. She has given up her life as a dancer as she wants to go back to her roots and start a dance school in her home town. She buys a large building, but it needs a lot of work, so enter Brody a single widower with a young son, Jack, and a builder too. I love the involvement of Jack in the story as it develops.
Linniegayl
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorites of Nora Roberts' old category romances. I listened to it this time in audio. The narration worked for me, appropriately capturing the characters' feelings and gender. Most particularly, the story still worked for me and I suspect I'll listen to it again in the future.
Ivi
I loved it~... Nora is my fave romantic books author!!! ;)))
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 2001
Length: ~2700 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary. Shepherds town, West Virginia.
Sex:Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Single father. Carpenter.
Heroine: Prima Ballerina opening dance studio.

Easy read, nothing too dramatic. Single father not looking for a relationship and an independent, intelligent heroine who does the chasing. Nice character development. Good appearances from characters in previous books letting us see how they’ve gotten on (Rachel’s a
Kristie (fabk)
Nov 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
::4.5 stars:: but I am being generous and giving 5!
I was really kind of nervous to read this book. I loved Nick and Freddies story so much, and Kate was really the only character we didn't get to know very well before hand. So I was worried that this book wouldn't hold the candle to Nick and Freddie. Boy was I worrying over nothing!!
Right away I was in love with Kate and Brody and more importantly, with Jack.
Nora Roberts does a fantastic job writing her Male and Female main characters, but she
Maria
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book, as i did Waiting for Nick, but i loved Brody's connection with his son, and how above everything he wanted to protect him and put him first and Brody realized that Kate wanted the same thing. I loved how Kate pushed him, and then at the end they were both at the same place without even knowing it! I think my favorite part was when Jack proposed to Kate and how he wanted her to live with them and marry his dad and give him a baby sibling. I also loved how Kate proposed ...more
Mary
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, owned-books
I really enjoyed reading this book. The setting for this book, is a Ballerina coming home to West Virginia. Even though she could have Continued ballet, traveled all over the world sipping Champagne, and dancing the lead characters such as Giselle, Aurora, And Juliet, she was returning home to live out another dream. She was going to open her very own Ballet studio. Why not? her family''s name plus her Success as a respected top ballerina could not hurt. Since she had been cautious with the ...more
Saly
This is the story of Natasha's youngest daughter Kate, an accomplished dancer who at the age of 25 has decided to retire and open a dance studio teaching ballet in her home-town.
She meets the hero in her mother's shop and starts hitting on him and then finds out later that he is a widower raising his six year old son Jack and does not want to get involved but Kate is a modern woman who knows what she wants and makes all the moves. For, Brody his business and son is his priority and he doesn't
 Mary
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts, music
Great book!! I really want to be part of the Stanislaski family. The best part of book was the marrige proposal from little Jack to Kate, it was so sweet and adorable! I like Brody, hes meticulous, careful and put his son's welfare first, a very admirable man. About Kate, she's a determinated woman and she knows what she wants but she's pushy and wants things to be on her own way, I think she should sit down and relax a little bit and have more patience.
But like I said before the star of the
Gail
It's been quite a while since I've read one of Nora Roberts' category romances and now I seem to be on a Nora ride since I finished this book. I'd forgotten how good her small romances are and I want to read all the Stanislaski books this summer, if not this month. There are times when I'm not totally enamored of her heroines but she does her men - her heroes - really, really well. I'm not sure why this is, but it's a nice change from the more macho, overbearing, I-want-to-smack-them heroes in ...more
Katrina
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kate Stanislaski Kimball came home to begin a new life. The only thing more perfect than the beautiful, dilapidated building she'd bought for her new dance school is Brody O'Connell, the frustrating and fascinating contractor she's hired for the renovation. Brody knows Kate is the daughter of Natasha Stanislaski: pampered, perfect, and not at all the right woman for him. But he longs to make her his.
Melissa
This was actually the first Stanislaskis book that I read and I thought it was wonderful. Kate and Brody made a wonderful couple and I just loved Jack. He was so precious. A really great read that avidly kept my interest.
ms bookjunkie
Story: Old favorite comfort read. Makes me happy. *warm fuzzies* *happy heart* 5 stars

Narration: Good basic narrative, acceptable to good to great voices (female voices better), pretty good accents. Only a couple of funny intonations. 3.5-4 stars
Ali
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this book, loved the series. Borrowed the book as an ebook from my local library, only to realise by page 5 that I read this book before. Remembered I love the book, so i decide to keep on going. I've read 3 books in the series, have 1 on hold and hopefully my library will get the last 2.
abi rafon
i thought it will bore the hell out of me for this is the first time i ever read a nora roberts that do not have a glimpse of suspense or mystery which im getting used to read from her. but dear, it stole my heart especially jack and most importantly the "will you marry us" part.
Sue
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 enjoyed it probably because I enjoyed this serial family. Baby Kate all grown up and moving back to her home town and finds herself repeating her mothers' history (book 1 of this series). Not all of it, it had it's own unique moments. More like she falls for man with a child she adores.

Beth Cox
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I live to read Nora Roberts' romances between really long novels because they're easy and always have a happy ending. This book was wonderfully sweet, schmoopy and so good! A single father raising his son after the mothers death learns to live again. The little boy is so sweet!!!
Alan
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

A typical read from Nora Roberts, a look into the lives of a not so typical family and as always with the hero's riding off into the sunset!
Chris
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've really fallen for this entire series, it's more lighthearted and less repetitive than some other series by NR. This was just a cute, fun romantic read- and sometimes, that's what you need.
Maura
Liba
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 6 in the series Stanislaskis: the wild Ukrainians.
Narasha's children are all grown up. Her stepdaughter Frederica (Freddie ) is married with kids.Brandon is a professional baseball player in Los Angeles. And Kate became a prima ballerina with Davidov's trouppe. Now, at 25, Kate retires and returns home to West Virginia, planning to open her own ballet school.
Brody (30) is a widower ,raising alone his 6 year old son ,Jack.Brody doesn't get on with his father, Bob, who usually berates him all
Veronica
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
It is downright remarkable how Nora Roberts can pack a whole story -- fleshed-out characters, a logical narrative arc, a HEA that feels well-earned -- into a category romance. A true master of the art. I know I've read this before but it's been a while and I didn't really remember any of the details, and it was a really enjoyable story to read as if for the first time. Nothing out of the ordinary except for how well-executed each element was. Small-town romance with a kid in the mix; some class ...more
Heidi
I'll give it 5 stars!

This is my FIRST Nora Roberts and this wouldn't be the last now. Ever since I got hooked in reading, I am not into love story purely and I know from previous libraries I've been, Nora Roberts is a knock out. Another author to collect.

I love the story, it was light and fun. I adore Jack so much. Especially when he proposed to Kate...

"I was wondering... Will you marry us?" way to go for a proposal FROM a 6-year-old. So adorably cute :D

And I like this quote as well.

"Two people
Dana Palmer
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Today was my final day at the beach, and I needed a short book to read. I found this one on a shelf and had a glorious day reading it. I knew how it would end, but it was fun to see the twists along the way. I hadn’t read the previous 5in this series, but it didn’t matter. I was charmed by Brody and jealous of Kate.
Debby
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roberts-nora, romance
Kate Staislaski Kimball has decided to retire as a prima ballerina in NY and open a dance studio in her home town in WV. She has an old building in mind and knows exactly what she wants. Brody O'Connell has also returned to WV with his young son and is hired to renovate Kate's building. The sparks fly in more than one way between them, much to his dismay. All finally works out, some sex.
Katie
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I am saying it again, but I love the Stanislaski family. I decided to pick this up after I read about Natasha Stanislaski. This is her daughter Katie. I might be a little partial, but this ticks off all my boxes for a great romance. Bossy Katie, sexy contractor, love, sexy times, and all that fun that comes with another Stanislaski book.
Rebecca
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Very similar to book #5 in the series, Waiting for Nick. The difference was this book is about the younger sister. Otherwise, it’s a story of a young, talented, driven woman who is pursuing her dream, which includes snagging the man who is not easily snagged. I liked it, but it was very similar to the last.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Shadows at Dawn (Maximum Security #1.5)

The Stanislaskis (6 books)
  • Taming Natasha (The Stanislaskis, #1)
  • Luring a Lady (The Stanislaskis, #2)
  • Falling for Rachel (The Stanislaskis, #3)
  • Convincing Alex (The Stanislaskis, #4)
  • Waiting for Nick (The Stanislaskis, #5)