Start by marking “Strobe Edge, Vol. 10 (Strobe Edge, #10)” as Want to Read:
Strobe Edge, Vol. 10 (Strobe Edge, #10)

Strobe Edge, Vol. 10 (Strobe Edge #10)

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  2,411 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews

Ninako loves Ren, but seeing Ando get hurt while protecting her makes her feel sad and confused—to the point where she turns Ren down when he confesses his love for her! Has Ninako lost her chance with Ren? Or will they find a way to be together?

Published by Margaret Comics (first published January 1st 2010)

Bella Grace
Ninako + Ren + Strobe Edge = Forever & Always. Love, love, love.

It happened. It finally, truly happened.

Well, to say the least, this was a spectacular end to such a sweet series. In the beginnning of this series, I was all, okay, alright, let's do this, and now I'm flipping out as to how good it actually was. Sakisaka has woven an interconnected tale of adolescent love and friendship, and by God: she did an amazing job at it. Which, considering other books that have attempted to do the same
Patry Fernandez
Dec 19, 2015 Patry Fernandez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Que monosidad!! Ren y Ninako son demasiado adorables juntos... que penita me da que se haya terminado pero volveré a leerlos en algún momento :D
Sesana
Sep 27, 2013 Sesana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, it's finally happened. I'm very happy with how this series ended. The one thing that I liked about this series more than anything else, from the first volume onward, is how the characters care for and respect each other. Rather less common than it ought to be in fiction, but it's really nice to see it. It means that there's a minimum of external drama between characters, as opposed to having characters who are quietly wrestling with their own feelings. And I'm happy with that, especially w ...more
Büşra Ay
Feb 18, 2016 Büşra Ay rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
İster istemez yazarın diğer mangasıyla karşılaştırınca bu biraz daha sönük geldi bana. Basit bir kurgusu vardı. Ama çok severek okudum diyebilirim. Eğlenceliydi.
Mary
Oct 19, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just adorable. I want a boyfriend like him:) Love how these two developed over the series.
Evey
Overall, this was a lovely series about love and friendship. It had adorable characters that showed personal growth throughout the volumes, and the art was extremely cute. So if you're looking for something fluffy and funny, I'd totally recommend this manga.

On a side note, I'd love to read about Andou's and Gacchan's stories!
Chrissy♥Dev
The trials and tribulations of a first crush and first love. A love triangle of friends with intertwining history makes it a tad complex, cute and rooting for your fav couple to come together. I love the full page drawings of the characters it adds more to the manga and the story.
Pari
Oh my gods.
Andou-kun is my new favourite love of all time.

Full review to come soon!
Karina C.L
Sarah Hayes
Jun 01, 2014 Sarah Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
With this volume, the story of Strobe Edge comes to a close. What this story has been since the beginning is the relationship between Ninako and Ren, the evolution of it and the possibilities between them. And for many readers, it's been an enjoyable but slightly frustrating ride, watching them grow closer only to fall back and letting the cycle repeat several times.

But the series finale puts to rest the indecision. You will walk away from this volume knowing their fate, no questions about it.

Y
Febby
Sep 20, 2015 Febby rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
A love triangle between Ninako, Ren, and Andou. Ninako loves Ren, Ren already has a girlfriend, and Andou loves Ninako.

I like the personality of each character and Sakisaka Io drew them beautifully. Everytime i pick manga to read, i always see the art and in my opinion Sakisaka Io is one of the best artist.

Although the story was pretty good, i kinda regret that Ninako's friends doesn't get too involved to the story.
Chelsy Ryan

Katie
Jul 20, 2017 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner

Most of you know this author for writing Ao Haru Ride. I actually still have to review that one, but before that, I'll be reviewing one of Sakisaka-sensei's first works. It has the same drawing style, maybe a bit old fashioned but still very new. I remember the first I read this manga was way back when Ao Haru Ride didn't even get an anime adaptation and wasn't completed. In short, I was searching for some shoujo to read; and the primary criteria was the manga to
Seobin  Baeg
Jul 13, 2017 Seobin Baeg rated it liked it
The art was a splendid piece of work- it simply kept the story going. The expressions and the facial features of the characters made them more real somehow. The overall storyline was very typical and normal for Shojo manga. However, the way the author weaved the story was a whole new different level than most shojo mangas so I'm thankful for that. It was not a bad series and the main girl character Ninako despite portrayed in a rather stereotypical manner throughout the whole story(a very un-int ...more
Henny Alifah
Entah setan mana yang membuat saya akhirnya baca volume terakhir komik macem teenlit ini. Yang jelas penasaran aja sih, setelah nonton filmnya, tentang bagaimana akhir kisah Ninako dan Ren di manga. Jadi langsung skip ke serial ending tanpa baca serial-serial awalnya. Dan ternyata memang ada kisah bonus di sana. Rasa penasaran terjawab sudah.
Sara
May 07, 2017 Sara rated it it was amazing
YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I teared up a bit during this book. I wish there were more.
Harriet
Oct 08, 2016 Harriet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, birthday-2016
SOOOOO CUTE. I just want to hug them. It was an obvious ending but the one I wanted but the volume finishes half way through the book so i really think it could have stopped at volume 9.

Apple12350
Mar 12, 2017 Apple12350 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
So what happens with Andou? Does he find someone else? ANYONE? He should really have gotten a better ending... But Ninako and Ren's ending were really cute too.
Jessica
Mar 23, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
This is a review of the series as a whole. I have heard a TON of hype around this book. I know the accolades it received from ALA---so I was hesitant about would it live up to expectations. To sum up this story:

friendzone"/

I had to ponder on my review for awhile and conclude that my initial (and final) thoughts were

adorable"/

The art, the writing style and characterization and humor----all blends to weave this whimsical adventure through "first loves." Remember when Ninako thought Andou was dying due to Ren's contact
Chrissie
The annoying thing about this series, is how much it grew on me. I first impression after reading the first couple of chapters was that it was a rather unspecaculat shojo series. Sure, I knew I was going to read to the end because I'm a shojo fanatic, but I never expected to like the characters as much as I did.

Strobe Edge follows a rather uninspiring plot of high school student Ninako as she falls in love with Ren, the most popular boy in school. Ren, of course, has a girlfriend that he's co
Pomme de Terre
Again, this is a review for the entire series, which I had used as a crutch to support me throughout my finals assessment season. Fluffy high school dramas with pretty men and entertaining love polygons are my comfort food, my de-stresser, my way of unwinding from a hard day of work. This thing was no exception, and I wound up going through them at roughly one volume per day.

This was not promising at the start. Ninako, the heroine, was pretty bland, defined primarily by a naive gullibility and r
Dilushani Jayalath
Jul 17, 2015 Dilushani Jayalath rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Okay after waiting a painful 8 months for my books to arrive (next time I'm just gonna get from amazon as usual) I managed to read strobe edge in just a day. Well one good thing i could read all the books at once so I'm just writing a review for the last book. Io sakis aka is without doubt my favourite manga author ever. Im kind of new to the manga world as Sri Lanka isn't the best place to buy manga from and so far I've found only one bookshop with manga available and that to has a very poor co ...more
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Mar 07, 2014 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
~4.5/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

This was a fantastic ending to a fantastic series. I absolutely love it.

At first, the confession doesn’t quite go where I wanted it to, didn’t stay quite as intense as I wanted it to. But then Ninako has a realization, and she goes after Ren. And then there’s a big, crying, messy confession, and it’s just kind of perfect. It’s very Ninako. And Ren gets it, and he loves her. And I love them. And just… Yes.

I’m not going to spoil too much, but it was just
Patricia
May 13, 2015 Patricia marked it as manga-hwa-hua
I very much enjoyed Strobe Edge. I think the characters are adorable and likable, without getting to the point of becoming annoying.

Strobe Edge is a refreshing read. Shoujo manga tend to be overly dramatic lately, and although Strobe Edge had its moments of drama, it always stayed on the right side of the Melodrama-line. (While remaining very much a contemporary and "sweet" Shoujo.)

I highly recommend Io Sakisaka's works to readers of the demographic, and most likely also to people who are just
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
Changing my review because after reading the ENTIRE series, I have to bump this rating down to a "like". I liked the series overall. It was beautifully drawn. Carefree and light. A high-school crush-like-love romantic series. I heavily disliked the main character in the beginning, Nina, because she PISSED THE HELL of me -.- She was so dense and naive and wary of other's feelings to the point of extreme and I had to flip tables many, many times to deal, with the frustration of Nina lol. And Ren. ...more
Belle Augusta
Jun 01, 2014 Belle Augusta rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic, japan, e-comic
So (aku menuruti apa yang dilakukan oleh sepupuku) ini adalah review dari sepuluh volume yang aku baca tentang komik ini.
Awalnnya aku kurang suka dengan gambar Io-san ini, apalagi dengan halaman pertama vol pertama, aku nggak suka banget. Tapi aku mencoba untuk positif thingking, "mungkin ini kebiasaan si tokoh utama cewek ini". Eh di vol selanjutnya, ekspresi itu malah nggak ada lagi. Oh well...
The story, hah? ini tentang cewek yang berada di satu kelompok, yang bukan merupakan sentral dari kel
Arwela
Jul 08, 2016 Arwela rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This notation is for the serie in its globality, I liked it but it wasn't THAT awesome.
There were a lot of situations that were so predictable, and sometimes, I got the feeling that the author were dragging on, it kinda annoyed me.
But, I did liked some points, first of all, Ninako's friends were really sweet and supportive all along. It's kinda of rare so I definitely enjoyed that ! Gacchan made me think of Momiji from Fruits Basket, Tome 6 so that was a big plus for the serie. I also really lik
Rifda
Mar 08, 2014 Rifda rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Longkap baca vol. 8-9.. hahahaha! Cuma mau tau akhirnya, dan fix: kayaknya memang kurang cocok baca Shoujo yang tokoh utamanya cewek terus bling-love sama cowok keren terus (view spoiler).

Tapi beneran nih, extra-chapter selalu lebih menarik. Sakisaka-sensei kayaknya lebih serius memikirkan plot side-story daripada main-story. Aku mungkin akan berminat untuk baca karya-nya Sakisaka-sensei kalau itu one-sho
Helen
Jun 01, 2014 Helen rated it really liked it
Shelves: booktalks
Laura Valensi
Feb 28, 2015 Laura Valensi rated it liked it
Me da pena decirlo, pero el manga me ha decepcionado, los puntos negativos superaron a los positivos al final. En toda la historia los chicos tienen esa actitud de 'yo soy el hombre', 'yo hago los trabajos difíciles', 'oh, yo puedo con todo porque soy un hombre' que muchos mangas tienen, pero que sigue sin gustarme... La protagonista fue un poco cabeza loca, pero tampoco era mala persona. La trama no fue fluída, más bien forzada desde el primer momento, aunque divertida y entretenida. Hay casos ...more
  • 君に届け 15 [Kimi ni Todoke 15] (Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, #15)
  • ひるなかの流星 4 [Hirunaka no Ryuusei 4]
  • Orange 2 (オレンジ, #2)
  • 悪魔とラブソング 4
  • たいようのいえ 7 [Taiyou no Ie 7]
Io Sakisaka (咲坂伊緒) is a Japanese manga artist. She also designed the characters for the anime movie HAL. Her works are:

-Call My Name 2001
-Watashi no Koibito 2002
-Bye-Bye, Little 2002
-Blue 2006
-Mascara Blues 2007
-Strobe Edge 2007
-Ao Haru Ride 2011
-Sono Omokage o Shitteru 2013
More about Io Sakisaka...

Strobe Edge (10 books)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 2 (Strobe Edge, #2)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 3 (Strobe Edge, #3)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 4 (Strobe Edge, #4)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 5 (Strobe Edge, #5)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 6 (Strobe Edge, #6)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 7 (Strobe Edge, #7)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 8 (Strobe Edge, #8)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 9 (Strobe Edge, #9)

“A world, in which the person you like likes you back...a world which glitters and sparkles this much, really exists.” 14 likes
“For all that I lack in confidence, I'll make up for it ten times, a hundred times more, by forever trying my best.” 13 likes