Start by marking “Brain Longevity: The Breakthrough Medical Program that Improves Your Mind and Memory” as Want to Read:

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
HELP! I'M ONLY 40 YEARS OLD AND I CAN'T REMEMBER A THING!

You took care of your body. You've been taking care of your heart. Now you're a model of health and fitness, but your brain is letting you down. Is there anything you can do to stop the slide into forgetfulness, mental dullness, and mental old age?

Dharma Singh Khalsa, M.D., says there is a lot you can do, from cuttin
Published May 1st 1999 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Brain Longevity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brain Longevity

Movsar Bekaev
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found some good information, though author could have shrunken it to about one thirds of its size
Ardhanarishvara
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i'm giving this 5 stars even though it's a bit out of date...luckily, both piracetam and tryphtophan are now legal in the US, unlike when it was written.

for anyone with Alzeimer's or dementia in their family or friend pool, this is a crucial read.

the crucial piece of take-away info: STRESS IS THE WORST THING FOR YOUR BRAIN. and can actually lead to the states of "aging" and dementia that most Americans think are normal.

i've been on many of the vitamin recommendations for years and highly recom
J. Windham
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dr. Khalsa presents up to date information that is still relevant today even though the book is a few years old. With all the stressors in our lives, it may not seem as important to read books about how to maintain our health, but without our brain, where would we be? If you have any concerns, this is a great book filled with, not just information and research (that's there too), but practical things you can do to improve your brain power and keep your brain healthy throughout your life. --Deann ...more
Lance R. Goebel
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book provides a mix of correct and incorrect information - but the main problem isn't that - the main issue I take with this book is the complete lack of citations. The author doesn't support their claims with any sort of clinical studies - you're left to find studies that verify or falsify the information on your own.

The author clearly didn't intend this to be an academic work - if you're seriously interested in learning about the effects of nutrition on the brain, I suggest you look elsew
Umm Layth
Nov 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone.
Recommended to Umm Layth by: Shaykh Nuh Keller
An eye opener. It was also recommended by Shaykh Nuh Keller.

I really enjoyed reading this book because of the approach the author takes on health. He focuses a lot on spirit, health, and not just fighting symptoms. It's a complete outlook on the human body. This is the beauty of Eastern medicine; it tries to pinpoint the cause so that none of those symptoms will continue to occur.

A must read.
Inggita
Aug 09, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: living
i wanted to learn how memory works.. why i remember unimportant things like a conversations light years away with a childhood friend but i can't remember crucial things like where i keep the ATM card. So i read this book and now i can't even remember what i learned from it... sob :-( (it goes with age, i guess) so i'm giving it two stars because it's basically quite thorough in walking us through the brain dept...
Cheryl
Aug 23, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basically what I already knew - eat right, avoid processed foods, exercise your body and brain, do strength training, reduce stress with meditation and or yoga. I'm looking into meditation and yoga. I'm doing the rest and I still can't remember anything so maybe they will help. :-)
Alan Hughes
Good for brain health
kunkku
Jun 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
all you need to know about keeping your brain in good fettle..?
Trisha
Marcus Goncalves
Jun 28, 2017
Sonyajohnston
Sep 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book gives a lot of practical advice on how to take care of your brain.
Andrea Lawrence