Start by marking “Black and White Rabbit's ABC” as Want to Read:
Black and White Rabbit's ABC

Black and White Rabbit's ABC (Little Rabbit Books)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Black and White Rabbit discovers the alphabet.
Published March 15th 1994 by Kingfisher (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Black and White Rabbit's ABC, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black and White Rabbit's ABC

Krista
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved reading this to my little girl. I was so happy this was not your typical ABC book. Instead it's a story about a rabbit painting an apple. Then each step along the way another alphabet letter is incorporated. A very creative book! And since my focus this year is art in our homeschool, this book was perfect!
Elizabeth
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: f-alphabet-books
1. This book did not receive any awards.
2. PreK - K
3. This is a story about a little baby rabbit who is beginning to paint. The little rabbit uses all of the letters of the alphabet to help him finish a painting of an apple for its momma. Once the little rabbit finishes its masterpiece he goes straight to bed to catch some Z's.
4. This book is cute but I think that is all that this book has to offer. There is not much creativity to this book and it is very simple.
5. I would not use this in my
Jillian Ciferri
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alphabet
1). Awards the book has received: none
2). Appropriate grade levels: preschool-2nd grade
3). Original 3-line summary: This alphabet book is about a black and white rabbit who learns the letters of the alphabet. The rabbit goes through each letter by doing things that start each letter. He starts off by painting an apple for his mother.
4). Original 3-line review: This book is very cute. It teaches children about many things including, the alphabet, colors, and shapes. The author used simple word
Daniella Delgado
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alphabet
1. N/A
2. Pre-K -K
3. This book is an abc story about a rabbit. The book has very cute pictures that are well illustrated.
4. I like this book because it was easy to read. It was very enjoyable and the pictures were adorable. I would recommend this book to any child learning their abcs.
5. Abc's, independent reading, art
Jenna Snyder
Title: Black and White Rabbit’s ABC
Author: Alan Baker
Illustrator: Alan Baker
Genre: Alphabet book
Theme(s): Alphabet, colors, shapes
Opening line/sentence: A is for apple.
Brief Book Summary: Children will learn the alphabet while also engaging in a story about a rabbit painting an apple for it’s mom. As the alphabet continues so does the failures and successes’ of the rabbit’s painting.
Professional Recommendation/Review #1: Ilene Cooper (Booklist, July 1994 (Vol. 90, No. 21))
This is a multi-book
Jaksen
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We love all the 'rabbit books' at my house. My grandsons pull these off the shelves for me to read whenever they visit. I know some of them by heart.

In the ABC book, rabbit goes through the alphabet by using or doing something that starts with each letter. He gets an apple; he puts it on a box; he gets a crayon; he starts to draw ...

Etc. But this is strangely more entertaining than it might sound. The apple rolls off the box, so we need to get some glue and glue the apple to the box. But of cou
Kathryn Kovarik
Feb 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carol Royce Owen
A cute alphabet book starring a darling black and white rabbit who spends a day painting a picture for his mom, but in doing so creates some messes.
Chechoui
Adorable illustrations
Jaime Sanborn
ABC Story Time
Jasmine Olivia
This is one of Jasmine's favorite books. :)
Cool
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
DMW read to Doe
Tricia
Mar 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Not just a boring abc concept book, this title uses abc's as structure of a rabbit's day spent painting a picture for mother rabbit.
The letters of the alphabet are used to tell one cohesive story.
Beth
Jun 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, alphabet
Rabbit takes us through the alphabet with an apple and lots of artwork.
Mckinley
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abc, picture, art, rodent
Explore the alphabet with this rabbit while it paints a picture.
Becky B
Rabbit is struggling to get his artwork to cooperate, but does manage to work through the alphabet along the way.

The unique alphabet book is accompanied by fantastic illustrations.
Helen
Jun 15, 2015
Alicia
Jan 26, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
See this thread for more information.
More about Alan Baker

Little Rabbit Books (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • White Rabbit's Colors
  • Gray Rabbit's 123
  • Brown Rabbit's Day (Little Rabbit Books)
  • Gray Rabbit's Odd One Out