Start by marking “Firespell and Hexbound (The Dark Elite, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Firespell and Hexbound (The Dark Elite, #1-2)

Firespell and Hexbound

(The Dark Elite #1-2)

The first two novels of the Dark Elite series--Firespell and Hexbound.

As the new girl at St. Sophia's boarding school, Lily Parker thinks her classmates are the most monstrous things she'll have to face. In Firespell and Hexbound, she'll find out just how wrong she is, as she falls in with a group of rebel teens defending Chicago from vampires, demons, and the corrupted

Published August 2nd 2011 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about Firespell and Hexbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firespell and Hexbound

Malissa Bishop
You know this is your typical YA but I love the typical YA :) There were definitely plenty of eye rolling and unbelievable moments as well but I absolutely fell in love with it for those reasons. This is no work of perfection but it's definitely entertaining!
Kelly
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
The thrilling adventures of 'Firespell' and 'Hexbound' are not all they are cracked up to be. In the blurb it promises suspense, romance, and dangerous creatures; but in reality the suspense is so-so, the romance is very cut and dry, and the dangerous creatures? Well, ok, they are pretty cool.

Firespell:
Lily gets sent to a boarding school in Chicago called St. Sophia's. She quickly befriends the vivacious crazy girl Scout. When Scout starts disappearing into the night Lily decides to follow her
Stacey
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Reading another comment about the books being smaller. I'm glad I grabbed it while it was both books in one, rather than 2 small ones. I liked it, it was an easy beach read. Nothing too hardcore and it fit with the books I'm enjoying right now, about being in schools and teens fighting evil and a little cheesy romance in it. Though, each book is all like "oooh puberty! powers! magic! new school!" It does get a bit boring but that's why I only read one of these books at a time when I go the libra ...more
Brianna
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I actually liked these books a lot. I know the base idea is used a lot(girl gets shipped off to boarding school against her will, mean girls, quirky roommates, yada, yada) but the whole thing works for me in these books. Lily is just a fun character and her attitude is really good, and Scout is just so much fun you cant help but love her. The mean girl group is annoying and I really wanted to have Scout or somebody throw a spell at them and take them down a notch. The romance is genuine and has ...more
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I hadn't read anything by Chloe Neill until I picked up this book. I found it entertaining. With the two stories combined the second one took up right where the first left off. Lily Parker was the new girl, turned Adept (person with magic). She was quickly befriended by Scout on her first day. A wacky girl who marched to the beat of her own drum and does it with style. Along the way she meets Michael who has a crush on Scout and Jason who is interested in her. Lily finds that her parents have be ...more
Haytch
October seems to not be very kind to me in terms of reading anything decent. I've read four books so far (this is the fourth) and out of all those I only enjoyed one. This is not that one. Maybe I'm tired of the "private school with dark secrets" plot. Maybe it's just that the characters are boring and predictable stereotypical high school tropes you find in every TV show and book taking place in one--you have your preppy sort of girls who act all snooty because they're rich, you have the loner ...more
Patricia Wilcoxen
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
this is a very detailed young adult good read this book is wrote from a girls point of view
and the details are extrordinary if you love young adult books then this one is for you
getting put into a boarding school for girls while parents are working, finding out she has
magical powers, and then meeting a great looking guy that just happens to be a werewolf
and living in an old abandoned convent turned into a school. not to mention that there are tunnels she travels through underground and finds mo
Belyse

An easy but very entertaining and amuzing read. I really love Lily, she's fun and, of course, Scout is a great character. I really really liked the gilmore girls reference in firespell (i am a gilmore girls addict ;) ). Scout and Lily can certainly be compared to Rory and Lorelai, they have wit (I hope that's the correct word :$) and are fun to read.

So all by all, I certainly recommend reading it.

Read my entire review on my blog; http://belsbookaddiction.blogspot.nl/
Squiggle
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
These two books read like a single book, they were both very short, hurried and shallow.

The main character is a hypocritical Mary Sue and, frankly, is only entertaining about 10% of the time.

The most interesting character of the book is her best friend, Scout. And I honestly think that if the book were written from Scout's perspective it would be more entertaining.

There are worse ways to spend a couple of hours than reading this book. But there are a great many better ways to spend those hours a
Cindy
Sep 13, 2011 added it
I wanted to know MORE! These two books, put together as 1 book called the Dark Elite is the building blocks for the start of a very intriguing storyline. The beginning left me with more questions than answers, and that's OK. Because it's fun unraveling the answers. The battle of wit between Scout and Claire is absolutely hysterical. The growth of new powers and relationships are wonderful to see. And I love that our "good girl" is not so noble to "take" a bunch of crap from the schools drama que ...more
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed having 2 books in 1. The story kept getting better with each turn of the page. Lots of excitement, adventure, humor, & romance through the the whole book! What will become of Lily & Jason's budding romance? And what about the dark, handsome, & mysterious Sebastian? Is there a connection between them that is drawing them together like magnets? On top of it all what are the Dark Elite really up to? Guess I'll have to read the next book.
Ashley Ribbe
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lily Parker's parents send her in Chagico on this school of St. Sophia's. This is very wonderful stories of Firespell and Hexbound. I read a good things are excellent teenagers as teamwork as The Dark Elite. Her parents lies to Lily Parker's magic and protect her from old evil. In this end, I am feeling gut about Lily's parents keep secrets from old evil.
Krista
Aug 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, borrowed
It was a good read and kept me entertained but that was about it. I did enjoy the concept of it and how it was slightly different than other paranormal books but the characters were predictable in their own ways. Not sure if I would continue reading the series, only if I had the book with me I suppose.
Wren
Jan 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I call this paranormal YA lite. It's good. Interesting concept, though not too original. There are questions as to why teens would be running the show essentially, but with a little willful suspension of disbelief, it's a nice read for the tween/teen that is into paranormal, but not scary paranormal. Neill's adult books are better written, but these don't suck.
Megan
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really needed a book to read, (because I get bored if I don't) and this just happen to be one of the only books I haven't read yet at Walmart. I'm glad. I love how the characters remind me of how my best friend and I are. It has variety of mystical creatures, which is what I like. I can't stop talking about it. Can't wait for Charmfall in January!
Chisom
Interesting series so far. It's pretty chill tho, like nothing much really happens every chapter and it is a bit childish. Yet I enjoyed a lot of it. Her parents and Sebastian are still a big mystery that I want solved so I'll probably read more later.
B.C. Morin
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so at first I wasn't sure about the book but once I started reading, Ms. Neille surrounded me with her world and I was hooked. The writing is outstanding as it is always moving you forward and makes you want more. Well done Chloe ! Can't wait to read the next installment !
Ridge Simmons
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was an AMAZING book!!!! I was at wal-mart and I picked it randomly not knowing what it was, so I read it and fell in love with it, I really recommend this book! The author is also very amazing! :)
Lesley
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
The cutesy/quirky dialogue between the narrator and her best friend drove me IN. SANE. It might've worked as spoken dialogue, maybe, but in print they were both insufferable. I just couldn't bring myself to care about any of the characters. Sorry.
Michelle Hough
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved these books!!! the witty dialogue between Scout and Lily is amazing makes them seem a lil more real life best friends :D cant wait to read more about these characters and see what Sebastian has up he sleeve!!
Naomi
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i fell in love with the book near the beginning and i couldnt put the book down till i was finished it was the best book i have read... abnd i dont read many books
Samantha
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 365-days-of-ya
I love this book and all the characters especially Scout!! :)
Kelsey Beth
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was a good book, awesome ideas, but where is the ending?
Lenna  Wright-Berry
It was a really good book, not bad for a YA stories. It was a good book to read,it had lots of laugh out load moments
Jacquelyn Smith
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Firespell and Hexbound was two good together, if youa fan of fantasy and magic
Sarah Moore
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Book was not too bad. I didn't enjoy it as much as some of the other YA books I have read lately. It seemed as though the action really only happened in the last few pages of each book.
SensBaby21
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this 2 book novel!
Nicole Boertien
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh I loved it I can't wait for the next one. I so want to read it.
Lori T
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved, loved, loved this series. Please get busy on book three!!
Maddie
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book!

• Let Them Eat Stake (Vampire Chef, #2)
  • Sisters of Isis: Volume 1 (Sisters of Isis, #1-2)
  • Brionwy's Lullaby (Night World, Extras #10.2)
  • P.S.
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
  • The Blood Coven Vampires, Volume 1 (Blood Coven Vampire, #1-2)
  • Blurred (Kissed by Death, #2)
  • The White Glove War (Magnolia League, #2)
  • Stone Cold Seduction (Set in Stone, #1)
  • Das Drachentor
  • Crónicas de la Torre
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Balefire (Balefire, #1-4)
  • A Touch Morbid (The Sider Series Book 2)
  • The Grim (Midnight Squad, #1)
  • Glimmers
  • Fading Amber (The Cambion Chronicles, #3)
  • The Girl is Trouble (The Girl is Murder, #2)
Chloe Neill is the New York Times bestselling author of the Heirs of Chicagoland, Chicagoland Vampires Novels, Devil's Isle Novels, and Dark Elite novels. Chloe was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest. When she's not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her ...more

The Dark Elite (3 books)
  • Firespell (Dark Elite, #1)
  • Hexbound (Dark Elite, #2)
  • Charmfall (Dark Elite, #3)