Start by marking “Skippyjon Jones, Class Action” as Want to Read:
Skippyjon Jones, Class Action

Skippyjon Jones, Class Action

(Skippyjon Jones)

Skippyjon Jones really wants to go to school. School is for dogs, his mama tells him. It's where they go to get trained. But nothing can stop Skippy-once inside his closet, he finds himself on the playground of his imagination, surrounded by dogs of all kinds. He bays with the beagles, learns French with the poodles, and checks out a Chihuahua book from the library. And wh ...more
Published July 12th 2011 by Dutton Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Skippyjon Jones, Class Action, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skippyjon Jones, Class Action

Meg McGregor
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-i-love
This little kitty has crawled right into my heart and has a permanent resting place there. I love Skippyjon!

The illustrations are wry and whimsical, the text poetic and lively, and it just makes me happy reading this to my little ones!

Skippy is a Siamese Cat who thinks he is a mighty chihuahua. His imagination has no limits and he is just the cutest little thing.

I especially am happy that little ones, who hear this, will be given an introduction to Spanish, in a very pleasing and memorable way!

S
Luann
Dec 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved the first Skippyjon Jones book I read, which was the first Skippyjon Jones book. I didn't enjoy the second one I read, Skippyjon Jones: Lost in Spice, nearly as much. It seemed to be just exactly like the first with just a different theme. In some book series that's a good thing, but in this one it just wasn't as much fun the second time. Although I do have to say I haven't noticed any of the students in my library turning their nose up at a second Skipppyjon Jones book. They seem to enj ...more
kristen
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Thank you Mrs. Reinhardt for this fun gift today! I have heard so much about these Skippyjon Jones books but had never picked one up until Mrs. R. so generously left one in my classroom this morning. Our comprehension strategy was to go back and reread if we didn't understand and this was the perfect book to practice with. It was a BLAST reading these spanish words and then using context clues to decipher meaning or backing up to reread to make sense of the crazy fun of the story. My 2nd graders ...more
Lynne
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
Let me start off with stating that I really like the Skippyjon Jones books. It is a cute character, the illustrations are fun, and the word play and story lines are usually good. However, I didn't find that I liked this one as well as some others. The pages are very busy - overwhelming at times. Also, while I know that kids like rhyme, adding an O to things to create that rhyme was just annoying to me. I think children will still like the story and the character, but I don't want to be the one w ...more
Jacque Sherbak
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Our Siamese Kitty Boy is fantasizing again... This time he dreams he goes to school with the other dogs; he imagines himself a chihuahua you see. He will confront the dreaded wooly bully. Probably the sweetest of his closet escapades and exposes the reader to more spanish than in the past. Loved it, the art is a hoot. Check out the earrings on the librarian and posters in the dog school hallways!
Stacia Leigh
In this book our main character is referred to in many ways: Skippyjon Jones, nugget, kitty boy, hombre, Skippito Friskito, dude, Skippy, gatito, Mr. Whistle Whiskers, and Little Dipper.

Then there's the closet, the extra characters with strange names, throw in Spanish and French elements, mix with varying font types and sizes...

I was confused.
Shannon
Aug 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011
Whuuuuuuuut. What HAPPENED? Not funny at ALL. And I don't even know what to say about the idea that the dogs go to school and the cats stay home to do the housework.
Rebecca Dean
This book was very hard to fallow. The words a are written in all differnt sized and styled fonts, which I think would be hard for a beginning reader to fallow and read all the way through.
Amberly
Aug 20, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
I think this is the third Skippyjon Jones book I've read. I kept hoping I'd get what everyone else seems to love but I don't. I had a hard time even paying attention.
Balters' 3rd Grade Class
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Y.T 5 stars
Millie Taylor
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of the funniest Skippyjon books to read, especially if you find farts funny!
Victoria Irons
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: multicultural
This exciting book tells an adventurous tale of Skippyjon Jones pretending to be a dog to go to school. This book has a lot of Spanish words in it and would be an excellent way to expose students to a new culture and new words as well as offer some familiarity for students who also speak Spanish. The book also could be used as a mentor text for a lesson on chosing vocabulary meaningfully in writing.
Shawn Deal
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Skippyjon Jones is a very clever cat with a huge imagination. Often it thinks of itself as a dog, because seemingly dogs are free to have more fun. Wonderfully illustrated and with a good smattering of Spanish words, this is a fun book series. In this book, Skippyjon's closet door becomes the door to a school bus and he is off to school. Cats don't normally go to school because they are already smart, it is dogs who need the education. Now Skippyjon is the only cat at an all dog school.
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
This book is just plain weird; in fact, this whole series is just bizarre. It's honestly one of the strangest children's books I have ever read and I've read a ton. But what is most annoying is that my son thinks they are hilarious and they are best sellers. So, obviously I am in the minority here.
Jana
This is a silly story about a Siamese cat that thinks he's a chihuahua. He wants to go to school with the other dogs, but his mother won't let him go. But he has a whole crazy adventure there with the rest of his canine gang. There are lots of Spanish and Spanish-like words throughout the story and so kids might get a giggle reading this one out loud.
Mara
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This would make a great book to read to either Kinder's or First Grader's. Even better if you have a good singing voice which would enhance the story telling. The book also has beautiful and funny illustrations.
Kristen Dutkiewicz
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
Unsure where all these positive reviews came from... maybe it's okay for an older audience but I listened to it while with PreK and Kindergarten and they were NOT impressed.

Neither was I.

Too long and hard to follow.
Carole
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books-read
Skippy Jon Jones, a Siamese kitten, longs to go to school (obedience school with the dogs). While playing in his room he goes into his closet and imagines that he is at school and is the top scholar (at everything). CD included.
Misbah
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Wendy
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite Skippyjon books!
[Name Redacted]
"SUETER" AND "SUERTE" ARE NOT THE SAME THING! "PLATANO" AND "BANANA" (or "GUINEO") ARE NOT THE SAME THING! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
Susan
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Skippyjon Jones is a kitten who wants to go to school with his dog friends. He goes on some incredible adventures.
Jessie
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
So funny! Looking forward to getting another SkippyJon adventure!
Emily
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite aspect: Skippyjon deals with a character that is considered a bully by determining that the character is hangry then Skippito shares his banana and makes a new friend.
Ali Dutil
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Skippyjon Jones goes on another adventure into his closet. In this story Skippyjon Jones really wants to go to school, however school is just for dogs. After talking with his mother and dealing with his sisters, Skippy uses his imagination and turns his closet into the journey of attending school pretending to be a Chihuahua. He doesn't do a very good job blending in though. He seems to be sticking out like a soar thumb with his super smarts and lack of enthusiasm to chase balls. He even works w ...more
Stephanie H (My Bookish Itinerary)
Both of my girls seemed to really enjoy reading this book. We have read a couple other Skippyjon Jones books.
Overall, I think it is a good story. My 3 year old really liked the little songs.
It is a cute story. Skippyjon wants to go to school with the dogs. Not understanding why cats can't go to school. So he dresses up and disguises himself as a chihuahua. He gets to do all the fun things involved with going to school, like riding the bus, going to art class, music class, math, the library and F
Evan
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
In this sixth installment of the bestselling children's series Skippyjon Jones, our title character finds himself envying the pooches who ride the bus to go to school, determining to do so himself. Reminding him of his feline nature, his mother sends him to his room where he wastes no time in setting off on another imaginary journey in his closet, this time boarding the big yellow bus full of dogs bound for obedience school.

Joining his faitful friends, Los Chimichangos, el Skippito is saddled wi
Julia Jasztal
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mommy's review from 12/14/11 -

WHOA!!!! Listen to me and listen good. Get this on audio. I don't care who you are but no one will be able to read this like Schachner. She is no joke. I have never, in my life, listened to a narrator get so into reading and do it so well. John Lithgow reading Micawber is way, way good but Schachner is out of this world!
I will not buy or borrow any edition of this unless a CD accompanies it. I could never ever do these books justice.
Schachner should be commended fo
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
I wanted to like this one more, but didn't care for the little dog in the teacup that everyone was afraid of. Aside from that, it was cute, as usual. Skippyjon wants to go to school and, thinking he's a chihuahua, tries to go with the dogs. Mama fetches him home in a very cute picture where she's got him in her mouth by the seat of his pants while his three little sisters are riding their tricycles ahead of them. She tries to tell him that school is for dogs, and he is not a dog, but a Siamese c ...more
Ashley

Book Title: Skippy JonJones Class Action
Description: Skippy JonJones pretends to go to school with a bunch of dogs. He talks about going to all of the classes and how he excels in those classes.
Narrative Structure: Skippy JonJones tells about what happens when a Spanish cat who wants to be a dog pretends to go to school with a bunch of dogs and handles a “bully”.
Endings: This book ends with a twist. The “bully” everyone is afraid of, Skippy JonJones finds out is just a tiny hungry pooch.
TEACH:
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Splish, Splash, Splat!
  • Zoomer
  • The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark
  • The Perfect Nest
  • Just a Snowman
  • Those Darn Squirrels and the Cat Next Door
  • Chester's Back! (Chester)
  • Llama Llama Home with Mama
  • I Am Too Absolutely Small for School
  • Dog in Boots
  • Lion's Lunch?
  • Substitute Creacher
"I was the last child and only daughter born to Edward and Mary Francis Byron on August 20th, 1951 in the city of Waltham, Massachusetts. My oldest brother Ted was very good at art and my middle brother Kevin kept me laughing with his funny stories.

Growing up we didn't have much money. My mother was very ill, and to make matters worse, I was extremely shy. All my teachers complained that "Judith n

Skippyjon Jones (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Skippyjon Jones
  • Skippyjon Jones in the Doghouse (Skippyjon Jones, #2)
  • Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble (Skippyjon Jones, #3)
  • Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones (Skippyjon Jones, #4)
  • Skippyjon Jones Lost in Spice (Skippyjon Jones, #5)
  • Skippyjon Jones Cirque de Ole